Getting back in shape.

"Well I'm sure I probably deserved it," Blake said quickly. "But anyway... where did you say were all these years again?" he asked, wanting to change the subject before it became rather emotional.

"Yeah, yeah. What ever." She said noticing the change of subject. Unlike before she went along with it, then felt a pain of quilt in her chest. "Uhm, I was with my mom... She needed my, help." She said trying to tell him the best she could.

"Oh..." Blake replied, once again unsure if he should press for more or change the subject. "Well that sounds... cool."

Pez decided to tell the truth, that was the least she could do after all she had done. "... My mom got really sick. She had melanoma. My mom didn't find out until it was too late." She said stopping. She didn't cry she wasn't going to be weak, and she had done plenty of it when it had happened.

"Melanoma? That sounds serious... Pez, I'm sorry." Blake wasn't sure what to say. "Is she okay though?"

Blake was speechless, and he stood there pathetically as he watched Pez's eyes overflow with tears. He'd wished now that he hadn't brought it up; he was not very good when it came to death, having lost a father himself. "Pez..." he began, his voice barely above a whisper. Taking a step closer to her, he did the unthinkable.
Blake wrapped his arms around Pez tightly, holding her where she stood, trying desperately to console her. "I'm so sorry..."

It should have been an awkward moment standing there with his arms wrapped around Pez, but it felt like a lifetime had passed since they had a 'history' together. They had both grown up, and in their own small ways, they had both moved on. If Blake had a sister, this is what he imagined it would feel like; this closeness he now shared with Pez.
Patting her back softly, he muttered, "I know. It's just I hate that you have to go through this... losing someone close to you." He did not want to bring up again that he'd lost his stepfather and understood her pain, because he wasn't sure he did. Mothers and fathers were different. And although his stepfather had stepped in to fill both of those roles simultaneously, it'd been that much harder to lose him because Blake was alone to cope with the pain; and still was. But if Cloe had loved him as she should have and showed it, then perhaps losing her would have been just as painful. Only he did not know, nor could he really imagine.

Pez hadn't felt like someone cared in a while. "I didn't expect it to happen either. Just one day she got sick, and she was to stubborn to go to the doctor. When she finally did there was nothing they could do.." She said trying not to cry anymore.

Blake listened with a heavy heart, and was glad that she had told him. Letting his arms fall gingerly to his sides, he took a step backward to allow Pez some space. "Everything will be alright." The words slipped from his mouth carefully, yet firmly all the same. He wanted to be that rock in her storm. The one she could cling to when she needed support.

Pez folded her arms as if she was hugging herself. "Thank you, I really think it will be." She said believing him. "I think it's kind of crazy that I came out here to fly and get back together and I ended up crying." She said ironicly. "Maybe thats what I needed, to tell someone what had happened."

Blake nodded silently, though in truth he did not believe that talking helped some situations. He was more of a silent sufferer, exploding with emotion when it became too hard to contain anymore. Yet perhaps that was why it was better to deal with the problem earlier, so you could avoid such episodes.
"Who are you living with now?" he asked curiously.

Blake tried not to sound too relieved when she stated that she was living with her father. He'd been hoping that she wasn't alone, like he'd felt despite the ghostly presence of Cloe.
Thinking to change the subject, Blake chuckled slightly, unsure whether he'd seem insensitive if he started flat out laughing. "To think only minutes ago we were laughing about pointless things."

Blake was unsure whether he should laugh or not. If he did, he might seem insensitive toward the sincerity of that truth. If he didn't he risked bringing back more of the sorrow they had only just endured. Smiling back, but then quickly letting his gaze fall to the ground, Blake then began twisting his broom around in his grasp.
"Are you glad to be back?" he asked suddenly, hoping he was not prying.

"Well just for the record, I'm glad you're back too. Otherwise, who else could I pick on that I'm a prefect?" Blake said in a serious note, which soon broke as he started laughing.

[Sorry. Been busy. =/ ]

"That was my intension," Blake chuckled. "Oh wow. How's Lils? Don't think I've heard from her since I left. Do you two still keep in touch?" Blake wondered whether it was okay for him to ask about Lilian, as he could recall a certain incident where Lilian, Pez and himself had gotten into a brutal misunderstanding.

"That's too bad. Well I hope she's okay anyway," Blake said thoughtfully.

"Alright," Blake said with a nod. "Catch up with you later!" Taking up his broom once more and mounting it, Blake then flew a couple more laps before he finally decided he too had better head back to the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back