Getting back in shape.

Pez Rolin

Pez walked on to the freshly cut quidditch pitch with her broom. she streched out for a minute before attempting to try flying again. She picked up her broom and gracefully slid on it and kicked off. "Wow, I miss this." She said when the adrenaline hit her. she raced around the pitch smoothly landing back were she had before.

It had been too long since Blake had last gone down to the pitch just to fly. Since he'd been made Quidditch Captain of his team, it was like he hardly had much time for lone-flying anymore. It was not that he didn't like the company, he just missed those care-free days. Every time he was on a broom now was solely for practice, and those moments were not always without stress.
The day felt warm for the season, and Blake could feel the rush of air that pulsed for a challenge. When he arrived at the pitch with his streak in one hand, his eyes quickly caught sight of Pez circling the perimeter before landing not far from him.
"Pez!" Blake called in greeting as he approached her. "It's good to see you still have a passion for flying."

Pez looked up from where she had landed to see Blake. "Hey!" She said smiling walking back twards him. "Wow I didn't expect to see you spying on my flying." She said joking, and layed her broom down on the ground. "Yes, I love flying, thats all I did when....I was at home." She said not wanting to discuss that matter.
"So what brings you down here? Or did you have the same intentions as me?" She asked still gazing around the feild.

Blake chuckled. "What gave it away? My broom?" he said with playful sarcasm. "Yeah, just felt like flying this morning. Been a while since I was out here without the team."

Pez stuck her tounge ou tplayfully "Hm, maybe that and your on a quiddith feild." She said laughing "But I like my first idea better, your spying." She said picking her broom back up. "You here without the team? What do you mean?" She said unsure "You can't be captin are you?!" Pez asked excitedly.

Running his fingers through his hair and attempting to pull off a vain expression, Blake replied, "Blake Zepline doesn't spy. He gets spied on!
"Yep, Quidditch Captain at your service," he said with a salute. Chuckling he added, "When I came back, Ford had left, along with some of the other older Slytherins. So in a way, I only got the badge by default."

"You know, it is pretty awesome having the badge. Sort of adds to the intimidation I already get for being in Slytherin." Blake chuckled as he imagined his head swelling up. He was not at all that vain, he just enjoyed being a prick once in a while.
"Yeah, why not? I guess I could give you some tips on how to be as good as me," Blake teased. Mounting his broom he quickly nudged Pez a little to roughly and shouted, "You're IT!" before he kicked off the ground and sped away.

Pez laughed through all of what he said then hopped on her broom after him. "Yeah, you right." She shouted "You can be a prick" She said teasing. She spead up behind him and nudged his sholder then flew under and spead off in the other direction.

Blake tried to dodge Pez, but unfortunately she caught him and sped away. "What broom is that? Cause obviously it isn't by your own skill that you could catch me!" he called after her. Swerving a full 180 degrees, Blake edged his streak into full gear. It was not long before he caught up to Pez, and when he was near enough he dove underneath her and caught hold of her shoe, pulling just enough so as to not knock her off balance, but to be able to yank it off cleanly.

Pez laughed as she flew away, she answered his question even though he was joking "It's my old saphire streak." she said suddenly feeling her shoe come off by force. "You wouldn't dare!" She said chasing back after him.
She flew a few inches above him and smacked him on the head. "Got ya!" She yelled and dove around him.

"Ow! That hurt!" he yelped. "Now you're never gonna get your shoe back!" Laughing, Blake zoomed off toward the southern end of the pitch.

"Not in the slightest," Blake called back, still laughing. Slowing to hover in midair, he turned to face Pez while dangling her shoe by a finger. "Hmm... let's test your seeker skills," he said before he flung her shoe far down the other end of the pitch. "Fetch!"

Pez smirked, "I think the old man is getting frial." She said watching him throw her shoe. "I'm still the excellent seeker you should miss." She said zooming past him hitting him hard on the sholder.
Pez flew as quick as she could to retrive her shoe. She quickly put it on and then landed safely on the ground to put her shoe on.

Landing next to Pez, Blake grinned. "Nice catch. So are you going to try out?" He was hoping for more players to add to team. Last year there had been virtually no quidditch season as there hadn't been enough players for every house.

"Haha, funny. I'll have you know that Slytherin has very good players indeed. I of course being one of them," he joked, holding his chin high for effect. "Tryouts are next week. I'll let you know exactly what day though, as I haven't come to a decision yet."

"I am not egotistical!" Blake retorted, laughing. "I thought you knew me better than that! And well, if you think you can't keep up with us then you probably shouldn't," Blake added grinning, nudging Pez.

Pez laughed. "I can't believe I didn't recognize you at first, your still the same guy I left two years ago." She said thinking about it in the distance. "That was a long time ago." She mentioned. "I'm guessing we both grew up a bit." She said hoping it was true for her.
"I guess I'll consider trying out." She said teasing.

"Still the same, eh?" Blake asked, curious. "Hope that's a good thing though, as I remember the many fights we've had in the past..." Smiling, Blake added with a laugh, "You have grown up a lot. Which is a good thing, and not to say that you were immature in the past. I'm glad you came back though. Gets lonely being the only Slytherin my age."

Blake chuckeld. "Why are you wincing? You punch hard!" Thinking back on the old memories, Blake wondered what they had been fighting about. He could not place how things had turned ugly with them. "And year doesn't count much."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back