Getting above ground

Jade Caja

OOC First Name
Catherine
Wand
Willow 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Earlier that day Alex had convinced Jade that it was a good idea to try Quidditch. Before she tries that though, she needed to learn how to fly. Thats what this afternoon was about. Flying. She walked down to beside the quidditch pitch and stood there. She waited till Alex came before doing anything else. Thankfully the wind had calmed down a bit from before. She had her warm gear on though, just in case.

Alex began to make his way down towards the pitch clutching two brooms and having the quidditch set floating along behind him, as if it was suspended by a invisible force. He saw Jade standing there waiting for him and began to feel excited he had always loved the feeling of his feet leaving the ground. " You ready."

Jade was excited to finally try flying a real broomstick. As Alex came towards her she said with some excitement. "I sure am! What do we do first?" Behind him was what she assumed they would be playing with. Even though they were floating, she was used to people using magic now, it didn't bother her. She would have to manage her flying first though, which shouldn't take all that long. It didn't usually take her a while to catch on to things. She rubbed her gloved hands together, making sure she didn't get cold.

Alex Opened up the box. " Well it would help if you knew what the things where, which you probably already do, but I will go over it again." He said as he mover it around in front of him to show Jade. Pointing to all the balls he said there names. " That's the Quaffle, that's a bludger and this little one here is the snitch." He said as he placed the box on the ground. " Now what would you like to try first, maybe being a chaser."

Jade watched as Alex opened the box that had previously been behind him. She tried to remember the different names, it was a bit puzzling, but slowly she got the hang of it. The one she liked the best was the snitch, but that was only because it was gold. She guessed the one chasers used was a Quaffle. "I didn't, but now I do. So do chasers have to chase the ball? I'm not really sure what it means. Can you explain it more?" Seen as Alex had mentioned her being built like a chaser, she would have a go at that. But what did chaser actually involve? That she would have to find out by listening.

" Well yeah chaser's chase the ball and they try to get it through one of those three hoops." Alex said pointing towards the hoops. " The middle one if worth fifteen, the one on the left is worth ten and the one on the right is worth seven." He said picking up his broom nd passing her the ball. " The keeper blocks the ball from going through the hoops, there job is the most important, it stops people from winning the game, if you want to give it a go now, ill explain all later." He said as he mounted his broom and flew off towards the hoops.

Jade took all the information in as Alex explained. Simple enough, but was the flying going to be? As Alex flew away to the three hoops, she picked up the other broom. She put it infront of her as she had seen Alex do, then swung her right leg over, and she was on. "Woah! I'm on Alex!" she shouted up to him. There was no need, for as she leaned forward, the broom went forwards. And she was up, above the ground! How simple it seemed. As she came closer to Alex she tried to slow down but it didn't work. She kept flying forwards, and then turned. "Hey Alex, how do you stop this thing?"

" Its not hard to do, it comes to your head, when you think about it. All you have to do is straighten your body upright and not pull or put any weight on the front." Alex said as he floated around the rings, it was funny seeing as someone who would have done the flying course in there first year couldn't fly a broom. " When you have realised how to do that, get ready to make your first shot."

Jade tried what Alex said, and jolted the broom and herself upwards to slow down. "Right slow down broomy!" She talked to it, to see if that would help. Unluckily for her it kept going forward, and upwards to the sky. "Oh he meant just my back! Uhuh!" This time it worked. She came to a gradual stop as she brought her back up. She was a bit high to take a shot, so she came further back. "Ready or not, here I come!" At full speed she leant forward, Quaffle in hand. She threw it at a goal, not caring which one it was for now. The Quaffle hit the hoop and bounced off. She dove quickly to get it back. "Ah got it! I better try again eh! Are you ready this time?"

" ready when ever you are Jade, just make sure you get it this time." Alex said as he stayed put where he was and waited for her to go for her next shot which hopefully was a little more accurate then her last.

It was time for another go. Jade sped forward, realising her grip of the Quaffle, 10 metres before the hoop. To her amazement, it went in. "Wow, it seems so easy! I can't believe I'm doing this!"

" Nice throw Jade." Alex called, he began to wonder whether she could get it past him. " Now you should try getting it past me." He said as he moved towards the middle of the three posts.

"Thanks! I'll try throwing it into the hoop you're guarding this time! Should be more challenging!" Jade swung around and charged at the middle hoop. The first two were practices anyway, they didn't count. This time was going to be tricky. She sped up her broom, leaning forward for more speed. She released the Quaffle, which headed towards the hoop, where Alex was stationed.

Alex quickly darted up hitting it with the bristles on his broom, sending it back to Jade. " Lets try that one again. You where close, but you should really surprise me and try any, that's what gives a good chaser the edge."

Jade listened to Alex's advice, and caught the ball after it hadn't gone in. "Unpredictable, right? Get ready for a surprise!" She thought for a moment, trying to figure out which hoop she should aim for this time. If she tried aiming for the top of the right, he might not be so ready for that. From a distance, she tossed it with some force, up to the high part of the hoop.

Alex swooped up and just missed the ball sending it into the hoop, it was not luck that it went it, it was almost like pure skill. " Nice one." Alex said as he dived down and caught the ball and landed near the box of quidditch equipment.

Jade was about to clap, as she saw Alex had missed it. She decided it wasn't such a good idea, seen as it could send her off balance. "Thanks Alex! I bet you missed that on purpose though. One more time?" She wasn't utterly convinced that it would happen again, so she gave it another try. "Here I come!"

Jade called out to Alex saying that he would have missed that one on purpose and he flew as fast as he could back up to the posts waiting for her next shot at it, he waited next to hoop, ready for her next throw.

Jade got her broom to go fast towards the hoops. When she was a reasonable distance to the hoops, she threw the ball into the middle one. She swerved before she got to the hoop, did a u-turn to see whether it when in.

Alex liked it when people threw it to the middle hood it usually was a lot easier to stop from entering the hoop, he swung up swinging his broom thistles up at the Quaffle , but missed instead it hit him in the head, bouncing it in though the hoop anyways.

"Haha nice!" Jade clapped at Alex's effort to defend. "So do you honestly play keeper in the team, or is it just so I can practice?"She hovered by the goal posts with Alex, letting the Quaffle fall to the ground.

" Nah I'm a chaser for Hufflepuff, im pretty much teaching you what I do." Alex said gesturing for her to follow him as they flew down towards the box, that still contained the snitch and the bludger. " I think you should try being a beater, it is really hard."

"Oh cool, should I try being a beater now?" Jade had landed on the ground with a thud. She had toppled onto the ground, but she wasn't that far off the ground when she did so, so it didn't bruise her or anything. She faced Alex to see what he would think up next.

"OK this is going to be a challenge for you, I don't think you will ever be able to do it ok. One I open this, the beater will fly out you have to try and hit me with it, flying around ok. You will know why it is called the bludger in a minute." He said chucking her the Bat, before kicking the box and quickly jetting off towards the sky hoping she wouldn't be able to his him with it. The ball flew flying up in the air, to quickly return, heading towards Jade.

Jade thought the challenge was to be able to get the bludger to do what she wanted. She was up for a not so pleasant surprise. "Right, well it doesn't seem that hard! I'll try to hit the wall first. Hopefully its hard enough." At that point Alex had let out the bludger, and it had flown high into the sky. As soon as it went up, it seemed to be getting bigger in the sky again. She looked up, hoping to catch it, not thinking that she was still holding her broom in her right hand. It kept getting closer and faster than before. Then it came thud on her arm. "Ow! Stupid ball! Since when did I deserve that!" She wrestled it trying to hold it in her sore arms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back