Getting About

Alastair Heath

OOC First Name
Alastair
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
It was a warm morning , much warmer than he cared to enjoy back home in Scotland but the intense sun rays where just what he needed today.Just what he wanted.Taking his time getting dressed he chose his clothes carefully making sure he picked the right ones for the ocassion.Baggy shorts with pockets , White shirt , Hiking boots.Before long he had everything he needed for a good day hiking so rather eager to avoid confrontation with his mother as to where he was going he dashed out the house and started walking in the nearest general direction towards a hill.

It did not take long for him to traverse the smaller hills or mounds really that surrounded the outskirts of his house but as he went on further in to the wild he started to feel the strain of the hard walking and the suns heat that he was not sure if he would ever get used to.Deciding that he needed a break from the heavy labour work that he was putting himself through he wondered slowly in to a cluster of tree's at the foot of a small mountain.The woods were not that dense , maybe they had been forested recently but there was no sign of previous work around it so he considered it a nice place to set down and have a spot of lunch.

There was a small resevoir of landlocked water next to a clearing of tree's , seizing the oppertunity he walked over and found a small stump to sit by under a tall tree.Its canopay was a nice place to sit with the shade being casted over him , very tranquil and peacefull just how he liked it.Taking his sandwich from his rucksack he sat and enjoyed the scenery untill he heard a russling in the bushes behind him and turned curiously.

Nadia sighed heavily. It was a really hot day and for some reason she was out in the heat in a pair of jeans, boots and a cowboy shirt. Perhaps she wanted to become a cowgirl? She chuckled at the Idea. She had her bag slung over her shoulder. In it were two bottles of water. A book called 'Alice in Wonderland' and a box of chocolates. She hadn't brought any lunch as she wasn't expecting to have come this far from the house. She had a very bad tendency to wander. With not a care in the world.

She stepped on a twig and it snapped beneath her weight. It sounded very loud in the quiet, dense forest. She sighed. She really craved some human company right about now. As she came apon a clearing she peeked through the bush infront of her. A boy, around her own age was sitting on a rock close to the bank of a small river. What a mercy.

She stepped out of the bushes and smiled in relief. "Thankyou Merlin." She silently prayed. Finally there was some-one here who most likely spoke Earthling. Worst case scenario. He spoke a foreign language. That wouldn't be that bad. Atleast she would have a vague understanding. "Hey" She said in a very thick Australian accent. "I'm Nadia, may I join you?" She asked walking closer to the boy and bring her bag down to rest by her legs.

Alastair watched as a Girl of about his age he could presume walked in the clearing and came to a stop infront of him.He could have sworn she muttered something as she first arrived but he just passed it off to be the wind.Her face seemed exstatic a bit , unsure as to why he simply replied to her greeting and offer polietly."Sure , Nice to meet you Nadia.By all means join me , I am Alastair"He regreted after he had spoke being maybe a bit to inviting incase he sounded creepy but it was too late to go back on that now so he just sat and smiled happily that he had a visitor in this little world he had found."Care for a sandwich? , freshly made this morning."He had allready been inviting , might as well be hospitable.Anyway he would not be bale to eat them all himself.

"Sure , Nice to meet you Nadia.By all means join me , I am Alastair" Nadia was greatful for his invitation and sat an a rock just off to the side of him. Finally she could sit down. He seemed very kind she wondered where he might be from. ."Care for a sandwich? , freshly made this morning." Nadia smiled. "Oh, thankyou. I'd neglected to bring any food of my own. Well except for the box of chockies I have in my bag." She said smiling. "You can have one if you want. I made them." She reached into her bag and pulled out her famous chocolates. Every-one who had tried one had loved them. But her mum was a cook. So there was no reason why she wouldn't be good at it right?

"Where are you from any way Alastair. You don't seem to be from around here?".

He was greatfull when she came across a kind as he was , it certainly meant he could relax more and not fear making a slip up and looking like a total moron.Still vigilant though he thought about everyword he said before he said it.Reaching in to his bag he pulled out a cold sandwich and passed it over the stump to her then reached nervously , for some reason , over to her chocolates and tried one.It was very nice , deffinetely bet his cooking by atleast five stars."Thanks , there amazing.Sadly i doubt my food will be as more-ish."He generated a smile from under his shrouded face where he now brushed his hair aside so his face was more clearer."So what brings you out here Nadia?"

Nadia took the sandwich and smiled encouragingly as he nervously reached for a chocolate. After he ate it, he seemed to have enjoyed it. She laughed slightly. He was definately the first person to be hesitant around her. She was used to much more open people. Oh well. Every-one was different, and Nadia respected that. She took a bite of the sandwich. It was quite good actually. Probably not as good as her own mothers cooking. But is any-one's cooking ever better then ones own mother? She doubted it.

"So what brings you out here Nadia?" He asked her. She flicked her head gently to move her fringe out of her eyes before answering. "Well. I'm not really sure. I just tend to wander. Which is how I always seem to get my self into uncomfortable situations, for example, hiking with no hiking gear" She smiled. As was the case here. She couldn't help it. She just liked to wander. Her mum always said it was going to do something bad to her one day. But she always ignored her most of the time.

She looked at him. "What about you?" She got a bottle out of her bag and took a small sip of it. She didn't know how long she was going to be out here. So she wanted to conserve her two bottles of water. You can never be too careful right?

Alastair watched intentively , she seemed friendly so relaxingly he moved to sit on the grass as it was a bit more comfortable than a rock.Moving so he was well positioned he listened and took it all in.Wondering was a crime he was also guilty of , despite the fact that he maybe wondered more prepared.Chuckling slightly at her statement of hiking with her atire he took another bite of his sandwich happily.Having finished his bite he adressed her answer more clearly."Not sure myself.Mostly getting some space and exploaring my new home surroundings , Its all new to me this country."

Reminicing slightly he quickly moved on and turned back to her smile."I take it you are a local around here?"

Nadia watched as Alastair moved to the grass. She could see the appeal of the grass. But she stayed put. She didn't mind her little stump. It was quite comfy actually. He chuckled slightly as she mentioned hiking. She could only assume it was about her attire. She blushed slightly. Yes she was not known for being prepared. Not at all. Infact she was known for her lack of preparation. "Not sure myself.Mostly getting some space and exploaring my new home surroundings , Its all new to me this country."

."I take it you are a local around here?" She smiled and nodded her head. "Something like that" And she said nothing more on the matter. Let him leave it to his imagination. "What about you Alastair. You most definately arn't a local. So where are you from?" She asked curiously.

Ruffling his hair he looked to the sky thinking briefly."I am a Scottish , half-way across the world is where i was born and raised.My accent is very mixed though so that puts some people off slightly enless i use coloqueal slang then you will know."He smirked at the idea of him standing out for using it when it used to be such a custom in Scotland.If you did not use it then it was obvious and it would make you look stupid.Seems as if everything was reversed again.

Unsure as to what to continue with he spoke of the first thing that came to his head."By any chance are you going to Hogwarts?"So many people he had met so far where so it perhaps did not seem a odd question to ask now but surely if he asked it anywhere else it would be a out-of-the ordinary question.

Nadia blinked. "Your really from Scotland. That's cool, my dad was part scottish, part Irish" She said truthfully. It was how she ended up with the name Mckay. Except her father had changed the big K to a small k so that his family couldn't find him. They had disowned for marrying her muggle mother. She had never met her magical family. She only knew her father. It was kind of sad really. She shrugged off the thoughts.

He asked her the most obvious question in the world. It was like saying 'Hi' in the magical world. She nodded. "Yeah I will be when first term starts up" She said smiling again.

Alastair thought it was quite a surprise to hear of a decendant this far away from the origonal country but it seemed a bit obvious when he thought about it.I mean with todays easy transportation around the world it must have been really easy to seperate the family by such a distance with relative ease.Finishing his snadwich he he reached for his bag and pulled out a bottle of water and started drinking it.The cool refreshing taste was just what he needed."Cool , I will be going to Hogwarts this year too.Cant stop thinking about it i must admit."Smiling broadly he day dreamed about what it would be like and how amazing it would surely be.

Nadia watched the surprise cross his face. it probably would be quite surprising to hear that she was part scottish. Only a like a quarter, but it was still there. She finished her sandwich and took a chocolate from the box. She stuck it in her mouth as she listened to him speak. "Cool , I will be going to Hogwarts this year too.Cant stop thinking about it i must admit."

She nodded. "Me either. I hope that I will be in Ravenclaw, or perhaps Gryffindor..... What about you?"

Taking a moment to re-surface from hsi day dream he sat and flicked through his hair as she spoke.The matter of house placement would be a odd one for him to work out.His mum hads been a strong Ravenclaw but his dad was a muggle so how that would effect his out come he did not know.Hufflepuff was a strong gut feeling he thought but again clouded by possibilities he had no clue.His Grandfarter when he asked said he had been in Gryffindor and his gran was a Hufflepuff so all bases had been convered except Slytherin.What a twist in the tale it would be if he was a Slytherin.He doubted this very much though.His characteristics and personality did not reflect anything in the way of Slytherin.Still the thought lingered."I dont know yet in honesty.I think being a Hufflepuff might be right up my street but it seems my family has been in everyhouse but Slytherin so a estamit is hard to calculate."

Nadia smiled at him. How clueless this boy was. She smiled slightly at his ignorance. "Well it all goes with your personality.... You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the Brave at heart, their daring nerve and chivalry, set Gryffindors apart. You might belong in Ravenclaw where lies intelligence and wit, their brains alone is what Ravenclaws know best. You might belong in Slytherin, where they are self-assured, a true friend can definately be found amongst the mix. And last is dear old Hufflepuff, who are hard-working and Kind, if you are one of these, she'll gladly wait her time." She said smiling. "Well which category are you?"

Alastair rolled his eyes as she went on her long winded speech playfully.He knew these things himself quite well it was just he was refering to other indicators."Its not just that , I doubt i am a fully developed person yet.Some people think they sort people to early when they dont themselves know who they really are.If that makes more sense."His confidence at a peak now he had counter stated her explamations he returned to answering her question anyway."Never the less.I think I would be a Hufflepuff.The hard working loyal attitude suits me cossy I think."Looking back down at the ground he quickly faced up again."Well at this point in my life atleast."Making sure he did not contradict himself.

"Its not just that , I doubt i am a fully developed person yet.Some people think they sort people to early when they dont themselves know who they really are.If that makes more sense."Nadia blushed slightly, before rolling her eyes and smiling. "Well no, not really, because the hat seems to know what you yourself dosen't, and it takes your own feelings into account look at Harry Potter..... history books say, that he was going to be sorted into Slytherin, but then he asked to be sorted into Gryffindor. Well sort of" She said ranting about absolutely nothing. That was another of her......faults.

She smiled at him. "Hufflepuff is good, they also say that people there are the party animals could you imagine it.... haha" She said laughing slightly.

Alastair was feeling the scorn of getting in to a bicar with a girl.Which he should know better than to do.Guys never one.Not exsepting defeat he moved on and put a mental note aside to win that arguement another day.Hufflepuff being party animals? , maybe Hufflepuff was not exactly his setting then , that did not sound like him atall.Well , maybe actually.Remembering some embarassing memories he blushed and shook his head sarcasticly at himself.What was I thinking?.Turning back to look at Nadia he sighed and smiled gleefully."Actually on seconds thought Hufflepuff might Deffinatly be me after all.Just dont expect to know why untill you see me on the dance floor."His face a shade of crimson red and agony as he smiled remembering embarrasing moments in the past.

"Anyway moving, hopefully blisteringly past that memory.Do you have any hobbies to take to Hogwarts?.You know like Quiditch , Alchemy , transfiguration the sort."

Nadia laughed slightly as his face went a dark shade of Crimson. Perhaps an embarressing memory? She smiled. Blushing was just another side effect of being happy. Well in her experience anyway. Though sometimes it can be annoying. Especialy when it displays emotions you want to keep other wise hidden. Her cousin once had a crush on a 'really cute boy' and when he had spoken to her she went so red that he started calling her tomatoes. the funny part of it was that her dad had cursed him. Now everytime he laughs. He sounds like a hyena. Nadia's cousin had been really thankful to Nadia's dad for that teensy bit of unlawful magic. Wasn't his fault the boy was a d*** head now was it?

"Actually on seconds thought Hufflepuff might Deffinatly be me after all.Just dont expect to know why untill you see me on the dance floor." Nadia laughed uncontrolably at that one. She nodded. "Ok, will do, next dance party, I'll have to go to, and so will you" She said chuckling again. "Anyway moving, hopefully blisteringly past that memory.Do you have any hobbies to take to Hogwarts?.You know like Quiditch , Alchemy , transfiguration the sort." Nadia shook her head. "Not really, I mean there is cooking, but there really arn't any fascilities for that. But my dad rekons I'll be good at Potions because of it. And While I Love to watch Quidditch, I can't play for my life, I can fly, I'm a good flyer, but I have to hang on for dear life" She said smiling. "And what about you?" She asked curiousity getting the better of her.

Alastair watched as she uncontrolably laughed at him.Just reminded him even more of the memory , jesus just what he needed.Putting that thought aside he listened to her go on about her cookery skills and how sadly Hogwarts didnt really have it as part of there cericulam.Potions then , something he was sure he would seriously fail at.Scratching his head he watched the sun for a second until she was finished then said his part."I doubt I will be good at potions , it just does not seem like my thing but hobbies wise I will be able to do dueling well I think and charms.I once when I was younger got my mums wand and accidently made it rain indoors."Giggling at the memory he was told he came back to reality and continued."Quiditch I once played and got told i was a decent beater so i might try that out more."

"I doubt I will be good at potions , it just does not seem like my thing but hobbies wise I will be able to do dueling well I think and charms.I once when I was younger got my mums wand and accidently made it rain indoors. Quiditch I once played and got told i was a decent beater so i might try that out more." Nadia smiled as he told her his story. Thats sounds interesting I wish I was good at Qidditch. My dad was on his quiddtich team when he was here, he was a Gryffindor Chaser. He went from 3rd year right up til he finished school. Man her dad did everything. Sometimes she thinks her dad lied to her, and then he would go and prove it. He was amazing.

She looked up. I think maybe I would be good at Charms too. My dad always said that I'm a quick learner, so I'm sure to get the hang of anything I do fairly quickly." She sighed. "So do you have any siblings?" She asked.

Intentively listening he caught on her dads glory and wondered if his mum had ever done anything great at school.He doubted she had done anything physcially like quidditch as she was a small person and anytime she even atempted to ride a broom failed in him laughing at her descreatly behind her back.Studies was more her thing anyday."I doubt my mum ever took a step on to a Quidditch pitch but im certain she had her invaluable traits."

Alastairs mind shifted when siblings where mentioned.He had plenty of experience with them but he had no brothers or sisters to look up to or for.Sadly."Nope , I am a only child.Not even a lot of cousins , my family tree's branch for my generation is very small."

Turning around from looking away from Nadia he spoke mellow."What about you ? any siblings in your family?.Infact broaden the range , who is in your family if you dont mind me asking."

Nadia listened to Alastair speak before answering his question. "Well in my immediate family, there is myself, my parents and my Brother Michael. Then here in New Zealand, I have my Aunt Katherine, my Uncle Frank and my cousins Alice and June, there are many more, but none that I know by name. Aunt Katerine is my mums sister, I have never met any-one to my fathers side." She said sighing sadly. She wished that she could meet her grandparents. But they wanted nothing to do with her or her family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back