Gazing at the ice

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
As December approached Nina felt her nerves return as she hadn't figured out the second task yet and it would be happening soon and she didn't want to be in the dark as she had been on the first task. Nina felt that this morning was particularly cold so she put on a tweed coat and a hat before leaving the tents. As Nina walked down to the water it began to snow lightly and she smiled at this. As Nina walked quietly down to the water she hummed a small tune that her Grandmother had always hummed to her seeing as she always forgot the lyrics. When Nina got to the lakefront she gazed over the water, she had absolutly nothing to do, she had finished Asher's and her own dresses for the ball and she couldn't go talk to Asher, she still hadn't made up with her though Alex and Nina were doing better than ever and in a few weeks they would go to the ball together and start the dancing. Nina blushed a little at this thought and hoped Alex hadn't actually asked her as a pity date, she probably could get more than that, though she wanted to go with Alex. Nina's thoughts trailed off in this direction as the snow fell onto her face melting as it touched her skin.

Harri had woke up a little earlier then usual, especially seeing as she had no lessons today and when she had looked out the window and saw it was snowing she hadn't missed a second,she had showered and dressed, pulling on a beanie hat, gloves, scarfs and anything else to keep her warm. She loved winter! She rushed out and seeing that the lake was frozen she was immedietly pleased she had asked her dad to buy her some ice skates as and early christmas present, of course he had obliged and they had arrived the next day. She walked to the edge and pulled them on placing her own shoes by a tree she knew she would recognise. She stepped onto the ice and at once felt free, she skated simply just racing herself up and down the ice, doing a few turns here and there when she saw Nina. She skated over coming to a sharp halt and flicking ice everywhere, "Woah sorry about that," she said laughing, "Hey Nina," she said grinning.

"Hey Harri, lovely turns." Nina said with a small smile. "How is it going?" Nina asked sweetly.

"ahh thanks!" Harri said, though she knew her turns weren't great, "Good good, I love winter!" she said happily, "How about you?" she asked, she was finding it a little hard to stay still on the ice so she sat down on the snow next to Nina.

"Yeah its beautiful, I'm good; a little stressed but you know what they say, a little worry is good for the soul," Nina said with a small smile.

"Stressed?" Harri asked a little worried "How comes?" she hoped it was nothing to serious.

"Oh you know exams and the tournament, that sort of stuff," Nina said with a smile.

Harri nodded "Must be pretty tough, I'm stressing and I only have exams!" she siad laughing a little, "Is it really hard being in the tournament?" she asked quietly, she thought it was a bit of a stupid question but she was interested to know.

Nina nodded and said, "Yeah it is, but its mostly the fear of the unknown that gets me, I mean I worry about what might happen to my friends and Alex, but I think it will be worth it in the end, even if I don't end up winning, I will always have this." Nina beamed at this.

Harri smiled "Yeah I mean it'll be something to tell you kids, and your kids kids!" she said laughing, "It really is a once in a lifetime oppertunity!" she siad grinning.

Nina chuckled at this and said, "Yeah I'm having a lot of fun, I'm glad I'm not in my fifth year though, man that would be crazy with the OWLs and everything. Phew." Nina wiped her forehead as if there was sweat on it then chuckled a small bit.

"Yeah, that would be awful!" Harri siad "Far too much work!" she said laughing. "But this is going to be a fantastic year! I mean its been great already!"she said happily.

Nina nodded and said, "I know, I'm so happy that winter is here, though it feels like everything has gone by so quickly." Nina smiled then a cool breeze passed by her letting her hair fly threw the wind and she said, "Hey I'm good for some skating you up for a bit of a lesson, so I don't completly embarres myself infront of Yvan and Alex?" Nina took her wand out smoothly and waited for Harri to respond.

Harri grinned "Course I am!" she said "Though I don't know if i'll be much of a teacher!" she siad laughing, she stood up on the spot and waited for nina.

Nina chuckled and said,"Accio figure skates." Nina's skates flew quickly threw the air and went into her hand luckily Nina moved her thumb properly before catching them, it would have been chopped right off. Nina quickly took her shoes off and tied her skates on then put her wand in her shoe so if she fell it wouldn't brake. Nina stepped onto the ice carefully and glided onto the middle of the lake then made a small stop and waited for Harri.

Alex had felt it cold at night and had actually stayed up a while cause of it. He looked out noticing it was snowing and he smiled, getting dressed and pulling his big hoodie on for warmth. He started walking out when he thought he wanted to check the lake had frozen or not. He saw Nina and Harri there on the ice and he waved smiling. He stood at the edge before summoning his freinds skates since he didn't have any of his own. He tied them on before stepping on the ice and speed skating before skidding to a stop next to Nina. 'Hey, how are you?'he asked smiling.

Harri cringed as the skates came flying through the air, "Woah! You could have had your thumb off!" she siad glancing at Nina's hand to make sure this wasn't the case when she was saw both thumbs were definatly there she smiled relieved, "Come on then, just gentle glides," she stopped as Alex came over "Hey," she said "Come to join the lesson? Or just for a race?" she said laughing.

Nina smiled brightly as Alex joined them and said, "Hey Alex, I'm doing good, well for now," Nina joked goofily then said, "How are you?"

"I'm fine Harri, its just a small blade, you know you can fix that up in a second," Nina said with a thankful smile. Nina began to skate as smoothly as she could around Alex and said sarcastically, "You want to race the big dog?" Nina chuckled a little bit then almost fell so she rested her arms on Alex's shoulder and looked up at him and gave him a warm smile.

ALex laughed and smiled before starting to glide round the lake slowly. 'I'm sure your being modest,'ALex said smiling. 'Me? Join a lesson? I'm sure I need one here from you,'ALex joked smiling. He felt Nina's weight on his shoulder and turned round thinking she was falling. He chuckled and helped her steady herself. 'You ok?'he asked smiling.

Nina blushed and said, "Yes, thank you." Nina smiled at Alex as he helped her and asked Alex curiously, "So what are you going to do for holidays?"

ALex smiled. 'Nothing planned. Stay in school probably,'ALex said smiling. 'So, wasnt a race then?'ALex said smiling.

"You should come down to Scotland with Noah, Asher and I," Nina suggested with a small smile and said, "No, I am so bad at skating it is unbelievable, but feel free to race Harri." Nina gave her a quick glance then faced Alex once more.

Alex smiled and shook his head. 'How you saying you're bad? You haven't fallen once,'Alex said smiling before taking her hands and starting to skate slowly backwards, pulling Nina gently. 'Now that is more then some people can do,'he added.

Harri nodded "Yeah Nina how are you bad?" she asked, watching her skating with Alex "I mean you were a figure skater, you can't just forget that!" she said smiling.

Nina blushed as Alex to her hands and she glided happily on the ice with him and said to both Harri and Alex, "Oh you flatter me." Nina then went back to her previous question, "Alex," Nina paused a little then continued, "I was wondering if you wanted to come down to Scotland with Asher, Noah and I." Nina looked up at Alex nervoulsy waiting for his reaction then gave him a pretty smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back