Gathering

Vico's eyes darted to the woman's wand as she drew it. She lowered her wand once she saw him, but she had probably been trained to do so. "Always quick to those pieces of wood you are." Vico noted to himself, but it was more than audible to the others present. "If you mean no harm why do you come here, and why so late in the evening? If you mean no harm why must you venture so far into land that is not part of the castle you inhabit?" Vico asked, not relaxing the tension in the cable of the bow even slightly as he did so. "I do not care for your name nor your position, not anymore than your superiors would care for my name or my position."

"What is your name sir?" Cecily asked respectfully, keeping her voice soothing. "I apologize for the lateness of the hour. I honestly did not think about the time when we set off to gather plants," she said truthfully, cursing her wandering brain. Her lack of attention to detail could very well get them harmed.

Hilary gave a slight shudder, still slightly frightened. Just really loved animals and the beauty of the centaur was totally apparent to her, but she had read that centaurs did not like being known of as animals and so she kept her mouth shut.

"My name is Vico, not that it much affects you." Vico responded in still a somewhat cross tone of voice. "as to your presence here, it is not the hour that enrages me but the fact that you trespass at all! If I were to walk down the streets of London I would quickly be captured and released here if I got lucky, killed for potions ingredients otherwise. What convinces you that you may come here? That you need to come here?"

"In truth, Vico, I did not set out to encroach upon your land or to threaten you. I have wandered too far into the woods, as simple as that. We will leave," she said, slowly backing Hilary and herself up.

"Now that you have come what makes you figure you can simply leave without explanation?" Vico questioned further, retightening the lax he had allowed in the cable of his bow. "Why do so many of your kind insist that they must come here?"

Hilary started to back up, still clutching the headmistress her still lit wand dangling at her side. She had not planned on meeting a centaur, much less almost getting shot by one.

Cecily carefully maneuvered Hilary to stand behind her. "I lead a club up at the school, Vico. I teach the children about herbs and plants and to respect their surroundings. I fear I have been a terrible teacher this night, for I have not respected your space. To put it simply, we were gathering plants and delved too deeply into this forest. I should have paid more attention to where I was leading this young girl than to this list," she said calmly, holding up the paper. It had a list of flowers and plants, nothing dangerous on the parchment.

Hilary stood behind Professor Rambolt. "I still think you're a good teacher" she whispered up into her ear.

"What is the need to gather plants?" Vicol asked, genuinely confused, "Don't you just gather once and grow them yourself from there?" by this point in time Vico figured these two meant no harm but felt like harassing them further, if fro nothing else simply to learn as much as he could in such a short time. As he waited for an answer he gazed up at the few visible stars above them, learning whatever he could from the heavens.

Cecily smiled softly at Hilary's words. They did much to bolster her self confidence and restore her courage. "I had need for certain plants that are available in the forest. It is true, yes, that I do grow my own plants in my greenhouses and gardens. You are more than welcome to visit there if you ever have a need for anything," she said kindly.

"Supposing the forest isn't picked clean I will always have what I need here." Vico responded gruffly, he didn't need plants, and usually when a Wizard offered something to a Centaur they wanted information about the events to come. Why did Wizards think Centaurs chose to be classified as beasts? As beasts they could not be expected to govern themselves or report to the ministry, the could not be expected to take sides in events around them, and they could not be expected to inform the Wizarding community in what the Heavens had indicated was to come.

Out of Character: I want to continue this but am not sure how without ruining Vico's character as a Centaur. Any ideas?

"Just the same, the offer stands," Cecily said kindly. "May we leave freely now? I must get my student back to the castle."

(Maybe take offense to something or hear others coming so chase us off?)

((Too much standing and talking for my ADD :p)))

Hilary had slightly fazed out, she started flitting her wand around pointing the light all over the place. She saw some really pretty flower that seemed to be glowing. She knelt down beside the path and went to pick some.

Cecily awaited the centaur's reply, unaware of Hilary's actions behind her back.

Out of Character: I can only be on for this one post tonight.

Vico shook his head in disgust with this offer. What made this witch think she could offer him something he did not already have? Vico was about to respond to the woman when the girl whom was hidden behind her started to move her wand around again and bent down to pick up a flower. Immediately Vico's bow found it's new target, "I'd stop her." he barked with a nod in the child's direction.

Cecily whirled around, stupidly leaving her back open to the centaur. Concern for Hilary's safety was first in her mind. "Hilary, be still. Keep the plant you have but come stand with me," she said to her quietly. "We're leaving," she said loudly, so the centaur could hear. "Good night, Vico. It was a pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry under these circumstances," she said, her voice sincere. She nodded her head in respect and put her arm around Hilary's shoulders, turning to direct them back home. Only Hilary would notice the tension in Cecily's arm. She was ready to Apparate with the girl if need be, although the thought of splinching or not being beyond the border was foremost in her mind.

Hilary had not really realized what she had been doing, until the centaur pointed it out. She kept the plant she had picked in her hand and stood with the professor. Her body felt the strength and tension of the professors arm and she wrapped hers around the professor. She would just keep her mouth shut for now, just so they could get out safely.

"I'd advise you ne'er come back." Vico stated firmly, not wanting a run in with the ministry for shooting a human, that would defeat the purpose of him even threatening them. He therefore loosened and lowered his bow slightly, watching their retreat.

Cecily nodded stiffly, keeping an eye on him as she turned herself and Hilary around carefully. "Don't look back," she advised Hilary softly. She walked with Hilary toward the edge of the forest, amazingly finding her way back.

Hilary just clung to the Professor still slightly scared about what had happened with them.

Vico snorted through his nose and turned back to the dark forest. He then broke into a gallop towards his family, never having wanted to engage the humans in anything.

Cecily turned to Hilary as she led them down the lawn toward the castle. "I'm sorry I got us into that mess back there. I hope you weren't too frightened,"she said worriedly. "We should get back to the castle. I'll send for bulbs for the plants we want instead,"she joked reassuringly.

(Thanks Vico, for the awesome RP! :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back