OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily stood by the forests edge, checking her list for the plant she needed. The night sky was illuminated by a glorious full moon and she sighed in appreciation of its beauty.
She fumbled around with the clasp of her cloak and straightened her hat when the wind threatened to send it tumbling.

Hilary had gotten over her fear of the forest the year before but had yet to try it at night. She waited for a night when the moon was super bright and crept out of the castle down to the forest. It was going well until she saw a figure by the edge. She called out "Hello, is someone there?" hoping it was a friend and not a werewolf, vampire or something even worse.

Cecily jumped, her hand flying to her chest. "Lumos!" Her wandlight lit up the features of Hilary. Cecily put her wand down and smiled slightly. "Miss Grace, you gave me a fright! What are you doing out so late?"

"I'm sorry about scaring you Professor Rambolt, I was just um..... looking for uh.... some interesting plant ideas for our Wild Patch garden." Hilary hopped her reason would atleast save her from detention. "What about you, are you heading into the forest?"

"Hmm. It's a bit late for you to be out on your own, Miss Grace." Cecily looked from Hilary to the dark forest. "But since you're here, I do need help," she grinned ruefully. She was glad Hilary had arrived. She didn't mind going into the forest at night...however she was happier to have someone with her.

Hilary smiled. She had always loved Professor Rambolt and both plants and animals interested her emencely. "Wow, that sounds great....and if you are with me I won't be alone...ooh this sounds like a great idea." Then she remembered she didn't actually know what the idea was. "So, what exactly is it we are doing Professor?"

Cecily giggled. "I believe in fate, Hilary, because I came here to search for plants for our club as well!" she said, shaking her head, her green eyes shadowed by her large rimmed hat. She fixed her gloves, still chuckling. "I have a small list of ones I thought would be interesting."

Hilary had brought her bag of space with her, and with a summoning spell managed to extract her gloves from it. Putting them on she asked "So Professor, what did you have in mind." She took her wand out and looking from it to the professors wand she realized that although it seemed easy, she had never tried Lumos before.

Cecily noticed where Hilary's eyes were straying. "Have you cast Lumos before dear?"

"No, I havn't I heard they now teach it to first years, but last year we never learnt it." Hilary lost her usual bounce slightly

"That's alright. Just point your wand and say clearly, Lumos!" She gestured for Hilary to try.

Hilary pointed her wand a said with a slight bounce "L-lumus" nothing happened. Hilary settled her voice slightly and tried again. "Lumos."

Vico had left his clan of sorts to go out for a hunt, hoping to catch a decent kill for his children. As he approached the outer ring of trees where lesser animals would often hide he heard voices and flashes of light. He hastened his pace to the opposite side of where the figures were. Taking cover behind some brush he observed them for the time being, his bow still drawn and aimed.

Cecily watched the light grow bright from Hilary's wand. "Wonderful!" she cheered. "When you want to douse the light, do the same movement but say 'nox'. Okay? We'd better get a move on before it gets too late." She led the way into the forest, her shoes crunching over the dead leaves on the ground. She turned halfway to make sure Hilary was with her.

Vico eyed the older woman with suspicion as she continued into the forest, ''m not the worst she could meet, does nobody understand that?' He thought as he wondered just how far the two brave adventurers would dare venture before he would have to intervene for his family's sake. He never could trust wizards or witches, they seemed to think pieces of wood put them in charge of the world.

Hilary followed close behind Professor Rambolt keeping her wand pointed in front of her so as to not trip. She felt the adrenaline pumping already as she kept walking forward.

Cecily consulted her list. "What would you think of a Flutterby bush for the garden?" she asked Hilary, pointing her wand out in front of her.

'They're picking flowers.' Vico thought in a mocking tone as the two witches passed within his earshot, any further into the forest and he would have to fear for the lives of those he cared about.

Hilary had read a book all about plants and loved that idea. "Wow, flutterby bushes sound beautiful."

"Oh they are! Butterflies love them. It would be lovely to watch them gather on the bush on a nice summer day. I must admit, I am tired of this cold." She took her eyes off the path for a moment while consulting her list.

"Hmm winter, I try not to think about that. Oh so can we have heated benches and a magical fire in our garden during winter?" Hilary smiled, she wanted it to be useful year round.

"What a wonderful idea!" Cecily said as they wound their way deeper into the forest. She slowed her steps, unfamiliar with the terrain and area. She saw many plants that she marked down on her list.

Vico was now more than aware that these two would not be stopping by themselves anytime soon. He therefore broke into a gallop chasing them but staying off the path and hidden for the most part behind trees as he did so. within moments he was but 20 yards from them. He moved onto their path and made his armed bow very obvious to them, aiming it at the older of the two he stated in a firm voice, "This land is not yours."

"Wow, the forest truly is beautiful at night." Hilary smiled once again "So, are there any other interesting plants we can have for our garden."

And then she was cut off by the centaur jumping onto the path. She let out a slight scream, and jumped sideways to wrap her arms around Professor Rambolt almost as if she was a three year old clinging to her blanket.

Cecily was about to point out a lovely pontificus vine when she heard the crashing through the woods. Cursing silently to herself for her foolishness in coming this far, she brought her wand up in front of her and felt Hilary latch onto her. Cecily wrapped her spare arm around her shoulders, shielding her from harm. Her thin brows snapped together in concern when a centaur stepped into their path.

Slowly, she lowered her wand. "We mean you no harm," she said softly, holding her hand up to show him the sincerity of her words. "My name is Cecily, I am a professor of Herbology up at the school. This is Hilary, she is a student of mine. A youngling," she said, hoping to keep the situation calm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back