Garden Roses

"Avrille, she's a transfer from Durmstrang & thinks she too good for Hogwarts. She's driven this girl called Arienne Paine out of her dorm room. The only thing she's done to me at the moment is competing with me in lessons. Like always beating me too questions & stuff like that. It's really petty but it is quite annoying. Do you have anyone like this in your house?" Lauren asked curiously.

Immy thought to all the people she'd met from Gryffindor. From what she could tell, none of them were like that. All of them were nice and friendly. Polite. Just overall nice people. She didn't know if this was another trait of Gryffindor but she figured it was. Immy smiled.

"No, I don't think those. Everyone in Gryffindor is very nice and friendly. I've not met someone from my house I don't like. That might change but I don't think so. I'm glad too. She doesn't sound too nice." Immy said with a smile.

Lauren smiled "Lucky you, there is some nice people too though, have you met a girl called Lisa?" Lauren asked. Lisa was the first girl who Lauren met when she went into the ravenclaw common room.

ive got to go ill reply tomorow.

Immy nodded this time. She had met Lisa. Immy thought she was a very nice person and kinda hoped they'd be good friends. Immy smiled and continued nodding.

"Yeah I have. She's really nice. I like her"Immy said smiling. "Apart from me having you met any other Gryffindors?"

Lauren shook her head "Nope, i havnt met any other gryffindors. To tell the truth i havn't met a lot of people. I hardly know any of my fellow first year Ravenclaws." replied Lauren truthfully.

Immy smiled and nodded. She'd met quite a few members of her house but most of them she just knew the names of and nothing more. She hoped that through time she'd get to know them all a lot better than she did already.

"I know quite a few of the Gryffindors. We have time to get to know our house mates. 7 years in fact." Immy said with a smile, she knew 7 years was a long time but it would fly by.

Immy nodded. Though they had learnt very little Immy had thoroughly enjoyed it. She thought it the best class they done. They'd actually done something instead of just introducing themselves. She smiled. Immy was also pleased with the progress she'd made in the class.

"I loved it, I can't wait to learn more. It's going to be amazing." Immy said brightly. "Did you?

Lauren thought back to their recent flying lesson, she had to admit it was really fun. "Yeah, it was really good, i was a bit disappointed that we didnt get to actually fly on the brooms though" smiled Lauren

Immy nodded in agreement. She had been a little let down by how little they had done in the lesson but she knew that soon she'd get to do more. Immy was even considering going to the pitch to practice a little during the first weekend. Immy nodded and smiled.

"I agree but we'll learn to fly properly soon, enough. I can't wait for that." Immy said excitedly.

Immy shrugged. She wasn't sure she'd be good enough. She didn't know how to fly yet so she'd have to wait and see. Immy was pretty sure, if she didn't try out this year. She'd try out next year. When she was a lot better and had a lot more practice.

"I don't know. Maybe, it'll depend on good I am." Immy said smiling brightly "Are you?"

"Yeah, im going to have ago. I'll soon find out if im good or bad" Lauren smiled. She hoped she would be good, it would be really embaressing if she wasnt. "I think i might start practising on the Quidditch pitch when i get time" she said.

Immy smiled and nodded. She was sure that Lauren would be good at flying. Immy had plans to practice on the pitch with a friend she'd met on the train.

"I'm sure you'll be fantastic at flying"Immy said encouragingly. "I think it'll just need lots and lots of practice."

Lauren nodded in agreement, she would have to do lots of practising. How will i fit it in with homework Lauren thought. "I've got a lot of essay's to write & homework to do, have you?" asked Lauren glumly.

Immy nodded in a sorrowful agreement. She had essays to write. That didn't bother her too much. She just hoped she could fit in time to other things. Not only all this school work she had.

"I do. It's frustrating. Just do it late at night, if you can do long night well." Immy said. "I can do them quite well, so if ever am very behind in work, I'll just stay up late one night and do it."

Lauren listened to what Immy was saying. Lauren preferred to start hers in the lesson & try to finish it off when she could. But Immy's strategy was better, if you could stay up all night that is. "That's a good idea but i dont think i could stay up all night" Lauren said "knowing me i'd fall asleep & forget all about it" smiled Lauren. She could find another way of doing it all. Maybe straight after the lesson perhaps. Lost in her train of thought Lauren turned to Immy & said: "How do you stay up all night?" quizzed Lauren slightly puzzled.

Immy smiled and gave a small laugh.

"Perseverance"Immy said with a smile. She then shook her head to show she was joking. In all honesty Immy wasn't sure how she could sometimes managed it. It would depend on the night most times. Immy didn't very often drink coffee, that wasn't very useful, it always made Immy need to go to the bathroom.

"I'm not sure. It depends on the night. After doing it a few times, it gets easier. I always keep focused on what I'm doing. Music helps. I could listen to the same song on the loop all night and though for most it would get pretty boring, I just find it helps me stay awake. My brain keeps working." Immy said, after which she realised that was maybe a little strange. "It sounds a little strange but some people use coffee other use the wonder of music. Do you like music, Lauren?"

Lauren laughed. She listened to Immy & how she stays awake, Lauren could never do it. "I couldnt do that I lose my concentration too easily" laughed Lauren.

"I like coffee" smiled Lauren & then she realised what a dumb fact that really was. "Umm, yeah i do like music, all sorts of music" said Lauren trying to save herself from the last thing she said. "What sort of music do you like?" asked Lauren

Immy smiled. When it came to music Immy always found it a little hard to decide on what sort of music she liked she gave the overused and normally not completely true answer.

"I like a bit of everything." Immy said. "I'm not really the type of person who just listens to a few types. I wouldn't even say I had a favourite type. What artists do you like?"

Immy nodded in agreement. She thought that Taylor Swift wasn't a bad singer. She was a very good singer. Immy enjoyed her songs. Immy however much preferred the groups Coldplay and Linkin Park.

"I like Linkin Park and Coldplay." Immy said. "As for Taylor Swift. I think she's very good. I much preferred her newest album to the older one. What do think?"

Immy nodded and smiled. She always thought that she didn't look like the type of person who listened to Linkin Park but looks can be deceiving. Immy didn't think that the way some dressed made it any easier to know what type of music they like. Immy nodded.

"Yeah." Immy agreed. "As for Linkin Park, I prefer there slightly older albums to the newer one they came out with. You should give them a listen. They are very good. Who else do you like?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back