Garden Roses

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Immy was weighed down by the books she was carrying. The spring sun was becoming stronger and stronger as it approached the middle of the day. Immy was in her uniform, she'd just had her first class and while it had been an introduction Immy was still pleased about how the class had gone. Immy walked into the hogwarts garden, she'd seen it from a distance but had never gone in. Now Immy was walking through the gardens. It was beautiful. Full of flowers and greenery. It was amazing. Bee's and insects, buzzed and walked around. Immy wasn't bothered by it, as long as it wasn't a spider Immy was fine with it all. Immy continued walking and noticed there was a large tree looking out to part of the garden. It had a shaded area and so Immy, making sure she didn't drop any of the book's ran up to this area. She dropped the book's on the ground and sat down beside them. Immy picked up the top book on her pile of books and opened it. She began to read and then decided she'd take off the tie she was wearing. She took the Gryffindor tie off she placed it behind her. After having done so Immy fixed the red hair band in her hair, that had come slightly out of place when Immy had removed the tie. She reopened the book and began to read. Leaving the world to keep turning and moving while she read.

Lauren was walking around the hogwarts grounds & noticed the garden. She hadnt been there before so she went in to take a look. The garden was mesmorising. Full of wildlife & flowers. Lauren noticed Butterflies, bees & birds. They were truely magical.

Then lauren noticed a figure under a large tree, Lauren walked over and took a look. It was Immy. One of Laurens really good friends. Not so long ago they bonded after making a map of the school. That was really fun thought Lauren. It was one of her happiest moments since being at Hogwarts. Wanting to surprise her friend Lauren walked behins her and shouted: "Boo". Lauren smiled at Immy & took a seat beside her.

"What you doing" she said.

Immy was lost in her book. When she heard a boo from behind. Immy jumped slightly before turning to see her friend, Lauren standing beside her and then taking a seat beside Immy. Immy smiled at Lauren, she was glad to see her friend again. It felt like ages since she'd last seen her but it wasn't that long ago. Immy held up the book to Lauren. It was another history book, only this one was no where as thick as the other one, Immy had been carrying when she first met Lauren.

"I'm reading and relaxing." Immy said with a smile. "How are you? How are you finding classes?"

Lauren smiled, she remembered that Immy loved history but this book wasnt as big as the other one. Which Immy had when they first met.

"Im good you?, & yeah the lessons so far have been good, my favourite so far has been herbology or Astronomy. How about you? how are you finding the classes?." Lauren smiled. Astronomy had been fun the teacher had been really nice & Immy was in Herbology with Lauren.

Immy nodded and smiled. She was unsure of what her favourite class had been. She thought about it. DADA, had been a lot of fun and potions hadn't been as hard or horrible as first thought. Immy had enjoyed all her lessons so far.

"I'm very good." Immy closed the book and placed it down beside her, on top of the large pile of books she'd brought. "I'm loving all my classes. I'm a little unsure about Herbology. But I love Defence against the dark arts and Potions. They were both a lot of fun. I can't wait till flying tomorrow. It is going to be amazing. Don't you think so?"

Lauren smiled. The teacher in herbology did seem a little strict but Lauren wasnt going to let that interfere with her favourite subject.
"Wow Defence agains the dark arts & potions?. We havn't had those lessons yet. But i cant wait for potions, that seems really fun too" Lauren smiled. "Flying?, yeah i cant wait. I cant wait to learn how to ride a broom, everyones said its really fun." said Lauren.

Immy nodded smiling, she'd heard it was a lot of fun too. That was one of the main reasons for why she was looking forward to the subject. The only annoying thing was that Flying lessons were only one term which mean that you only got to a certain point and then had to learn the rest yourself. Immy was ready to learn things for herself.

"Flying is going to be amazing. I really can't wait. It's going to be the best experience to be able to fly." Immy said. "So what brings you to the gardens? They are amazing. I'm loving them, such beauty."

"Oh, well its the only part of Hogwarts i havn't been too. So i thought i'd take a look & i noticed you were here" smiled Lauren.
"Now that im here i think its really nice the flowers & the wildlife".

Got to go, i'll reply tomorow or later :)

Immy nodded. This was also for her the only place she'd not visited and now that she was here, she had to say it was one of her favourite spots in the whole school. Immy looked at the greenery around them and smiled to herself. It really was amazingly beautiful.

"Yeah, it's amazing. One of my favourite parts of the school." Immy said. "It's got so much stuff, like plants and creatures. I wish there was something like this back in Wales."

Immy shook her head. She had something like it, but it was no where as amazing as this. It wasn't filled with the most beautiful of flowers or with the same flowers.

"Well, it isn't exactly like this, it's no where near as amazing as this." Immy said "The weather is nicer here too which makes the plants nice too. We get a lot of rain in Wales." Immy smiled at the thought. Strangely she liked the rain, on most days. Some days she wished that it would go somewhere else.

Immy shook her head, she'd sent a letter a little before she'd left and had received a reply she'd just not had the time to read it. Immy wanted to read it, it just seemed whenever she sat down to read it someone would talk to her or someone would be there and Immy didn't feel too comfortable when others were around her when she read the letter.

"I've had a letter, but not had time to read it. Apart from that nothing." Immy said. "Have you?"

Immy nodded. She noted that Lauren sounded a little sad as she spoke. Immy looked to her friend and smiled warmly.

"May you should write first. I've been keeping in contact with my sister since I first left Wales." Immy suggested. "I'm sure they'd find the time to reply."

Lauren thought about this for a moment & nodded. "Yeah, i guess your right, i'll try & write as soon as ive got time, im swamped with homework already! on the first week here. Are you?." Lauren asked Immy, while giving Immy a thankful smile.

Immy smiled and nodded. She had a bit of homework. She'd done most of it but still it felt like slightly like the work was just beginning to mount up.

"Yeah, I'm swamped" Immy looked down to the books. She looked back up at Lauren and pulled a pen out of her pocket. She leaned down and opened one to book's closer to the bottom. She always had a piece of paper on her in case she needed it. She then took the top book and handed it all to Lauren.

"Here, you have time now. Write your letter now and when you get the chance send it. Go early in the morning before classes." Immy said with a smile.

Lauren's face lit up. "Thankyou so much!" said Lauren smiling at Immy. She took the notebook that Immy handed to her & sarted straight away, not wanting to keep immy busy she scribbled few important notes down. Lauren included how she was settling in, her classes, the professors, the people who she got sorted with & how she had met a friend called Immy. Lauren finished and smiled again at Immy.

"Thankyou again" said Lauren. "Oh i've just remembered i was looking at the ravenclaw timetable earlier & we're with gryffindor doing transfiguration!" Lauren smiled. "I think i'll post my letter tomorow i have no classes then" Lauren grinned i'll probably have to do homework too Lauren thought frowning.

Immy smiled brightly as Lauren took the notebook and began to write. Immy had wished she'd brought the letter, it would've meant she'd be able to read it. And even write a letter back. Immy mentally slapped herself. She looked back to her friend when she spoke again. Immy smiled and nodded. She was looking forward to that class.

"You are very welcome. Do we? That is brilliant. Shall we sit next to each other?" Immy said with a smile. "Send the letter when you get the chance." Immy smiled she was happy her friend had joined her

Lauren nodded "Yeah we should, that will be two lessons together now" lauren said smiling. They would be together in the lessons that lauren was most looking forward to.

It was great, despite all the homework Lauren was really liking Hogwarts. "I will" smiled Lauren. She would post the letter the first chance she got, because she wanted a reply she hadnt heard off her parents for a long time.

"Have you got any favourite teachers yet? or any you dont like?" asked Lauren.

Immy smiled and thought. She didn't know if she liked or disliked any teachers. It was still early and Immy had the time to change her mind about the teachers. There would be time. She smiled at Lauren. Knowing that while the teacher in herbology was strict and Immy wasn't liking him too much, she would look forward to that class and she was looking forward to the next class they would have together. She considered Lauren a very good friend of hers now.

"I don't think I have any favourite teachers yet. I don't like the Herbology teacher much. He seems like a good teacher just not one I think I'm going to like that much."Immy said brightly. "Are there any you like or dislike?"

Immy shook her head. She hadn't had Astronomy yet. It sounded like an interesting subject. Immy hadn't really been bothered with the stars and moon. Which was strange as Immy loved the planet they lived on. Immy smiled.

"I haven't yet. It sounds really cool" Immy said with a bright smile. "What did you do in Astronomy?"

Lauren smiled "Nothing yet, it was just an introduction lesson like all the others. She told us what we would be learning about" Lauren didnt think she'd enjoy astronomy but the subject was turning out good. Lauren remebered that lesson & how the avrille girl beat her to the question, she had done that in most lessons so far. Lauren scowled at the thought of her. Too bad she's in ravenclaw Lauren thought, she was far to horrible & annoying for the house. Lauren snapped out of her thoughts, "There's this girl called Avrille,have you met her yet?" asked Lauren hoping Immy hadnt.

Immy shook her head. She didn't think she'd met a girl called Avrille. She was in Ravenclaw Immy knew this much. She'd been in her Herbology class. Immy continued to shake her head.

"I haven't. I don't think I have. Why?"Immy enquired, she wanted to know who this girl was, she obviously annoyed Lauren in one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back