Gallivanting

Oliver Walden

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Ever since Oliver had arrived at Hogwarts, he'd been curious as to why the forest was forbidden. So one afternoon, after he'd finished all his classes, Oliver entered the Forbidden Forest. Well this is great, he thought in disappointment when all he could find were trees grass and dirt. Where was all the danger? The excitement and adventure. He'd been expecting to run into some wild beasts, but obviously this forest was boring. Certainly not deserving of the title 'forbidden', Oliver thought dully.

Nicole had wandered most parts of the school and was fed up of staying in the common room. She ventured outside and headed for the forest, Proberly be desserted. She thought to herself and continued wandering around and climbing over branches, she wondered what would happen if a Professor caught her but didnt care much, the worst they could do was give her a detention. Nicole seen someone she didnt know and thought for a minute before walking over to them and saying."Hey, im Nicole. Mind if i join you?" She gave the boy a small smile before looking around her.

Oliver was feeling nice that day, and was in no mood to be alone. So when a girl approached him and asked to join him, he suppressed the urge to be rude. "Well if you insist," he said flatly. "Oliver Walden, by the way."

Libby was starting to get bored, she'd be sitting here for sometime now, but it was peaceful. She was far away in a world of her own when she heard voces below her. Holding onto a branch she leant over to see if she knew who was there. Suddenly the branch broke and Libby fell out the tree, covering herself in mud. She looked up to see two people at her. Jumping up, she brushed herself off. "Sorry," she apologized. "I'm Libby. Nice to meet you." She looked back at them for a few seconds, before starting to walk to another tree to regain her thoughts.

Oliver's eyes bulged wide as another girl fell from the sky and landed right before himself and the other girl named Nicole. "Nice of you to... drop in Libby," Oliver replied after she introduced herself, then walked towards another tree.

"Well that was odd," Oliver said to Nicole, chortling.

Libby reached her desired tree, and was about to climb when she had a thought and paused. She swivelled on her feet to face the others. "Who are you?" She asked blanky. After a moment in silence, she grinned, not wanting them to take her as an idiot, as if they dont already, she thought.

"Oliver Walden," he replied. "What were you doing in a tree?"

"Thanks, so what house did you get into?"Nicole asked Oliver and seen another girl she didnt know, she laughed slightly as the girl called Liberty tripped but then stopped and smiled at her then said."Im Nicole."

Libby smiled at them. "Nice to meet you both. Oh i was erm..just..it's really peaceful up there, you know? Being alone and all that, just thinking..." Libbys gazed wandered and her smile faded slightly. "Sorry" she said suddenly, grinning again. She turned and started climbing the tree.

Oliver wondered what to say back to Libby. He didn't want to be mean to her, as he was still obviously in a mood for being nice. After a moment he finally called after her, "You can join us you know. We won't bite. I'm sure it beats the bugs in that tree."

Turning back to Nicole, Oliver rolled his eyes and answered, "Ravenclaw, obviously," gesturing to his school robes.

Natasha heard rustleing, and.... voices? She looked up from her book, and saw three students standing around chatting. She frowned, and brushed her midnight hair out of her face. The forest was usually quiet, because of it being forbidden and all, but first years never paid attention to rules. Nazza herself hadn't the year before. From what she had gathered by listening to the first years, the two girls were Hufflepuffs like herself, and the boy a Ravenclaw. She thought she remembered them from the sorting, paying more attention to new students than most.

Nazza poked her head out of the tall tree she had been contentedly reading in, and stared at the three younger students. They were so much smaller than her, Natasha was tall for her age, and could easily pass for fourteen. She looked like she could be a prefect, but of course she wasn't. Even if she was old enough, she got into a bit much trouble. She closed the battered blue-covered book, and cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, could you keep it down please, some people are trying to study here." she said in her best snooty voice. Nazza loved messing with people, and these new first years would probably fall for it. She looked at them sternly, her face blank.

Oliver gazed up at the tree where a rather sharp voice had come from, ordering them to be quite. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" Oliver said sarcastically. "I should have known people would be out and about in trees, studying and all. Especially seeing as this is a forbidden forest." Rolling his eyes, he crossed his arms over his chest. What is up with Hufflepuffs and trees? I can't believe I actually thought they had a social life, if they even had a life at all.

James trudged into the forst, hoping to find his sister there. He rolled his eyes when he saw Natasha sitting in a tree. "Nazza, don't be mean to the first years." he smirked. "Becca was looking for you by the way." he murmered, surveying the new students with a intrest. He grinned at them. "James Bell." he introduced himself.

Natasha grinned as her twin entered the forest. She really needed to find a new hiding spot. She rolled her eyes at Oliver sacasticly. Ravenclaws. she thought, annoyed. She grabbed her book, and leapt out of the tree, landing perfectly. She smiled waxily at the younger boy, and copied his stance, by crossing her arms over her chest. She smirked, impressed with him. "I'm Nazza." she said in a expressionless voice. "And, actually the word forbidden applies to you lot too." she said.

"Oliver Walden," he said to the boy who he figured was the second Hufflepuff girl's brother.
Turning back to the girl who had just declared her name to be Nazza, he retorted, "Well isn't it obvious? That's the whole reason why I'm here. Don't know why I thought it be fun though, seeing as I've run into another lot of girls.
"Where are all the other boys?" he asked James. That had been the question that had frequented his mind since he'd arrived at Hogwarts. Either the school was really big, or there were just hardly any boys.

Libby sprung back. "You know what, i think i will join you." she said flicking her jacket. "Hi James" she smiled. Libby shrugged, "No idea..but girls like mystery." She looked at the girl who called herself Nazza. "Although, im not sure studing here is the best thing.." she said.

When James introduced himself, Nicole looked at him and said."Im Nicole." Sht then turned to Nazza and said."I was just going a wander."

Nazza smiled at the two girls, and grinned at Oliver's words. She answered Oliver's question for James, after all he'd only been at the school for half a term, and she knew what he'd say anyway. "Dunno, all the boys have either left the school, or been zapped into outer space." she said, hiding a grin. "Though I'm hoping the latter." she said, with a straight face.

She looked at Nicole and Liberty. "Are you girls Hufflepuffs?" she asked, she was sure she had heard them mentioning their houses before.

"Well that makes sense then, seeing as most of the girls here are psychotic." Oliver, cracked a smile for the first time. The Hufflepuff girls didn't seem so bad, which a good thing really. It was the Gryffindor girls Oliver was apprehensive about.
"So did you all get into the house you guys wanted?" he asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yeah im in Hufflepuff."Nicole answered Nazza with a smile then turned to Oliver and said." I guess its alright, what about you?"

"Sam. although i wanted to be in Slytherin with Larissa Sedgwick. But Hufflepuff sint so bad now, im just getitng used to it. Plus, i dont think now i would be very good in Slytherin. What about you?" She asked, smiling.

"Well originally I had been undecided, as it was never really a big thing for me," Oliver began to explain, seating himself on a nearby stump. "It was my parents that had expectations of me. My mother was a Hufflepuff, and my father a Ravenclaw. My father's family were all Ravenclaws down to their roots, or so they claim. So there were high hopes that I'd be a Ravenclaw like them. I only wanted to make them proud, you know? Anyway, when it came down to it, I chose Ravenclaw, but mostly because my best friend Ares got sorted into it before me."

Libby listened. "I know what you mean. My mother was a bit annoyed with me i made Hufflepuff. My dad doesn't really carre, being a muggle and all that." she said. She shoved her hands in her jacket pockets because they were getting cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back