Gallivanting Adventure

Sern saw the fear and the smile drained from his face. I shouldent have done that.
His stormy eyes flashed and he looked down at the ground. They looked rather mroe animal like then usual and he would rather not spook her out anymore then he already had.

"Ok.." He siad picking himself up am moving back throw the forest in his silent slinking way.

Artemis started.
"Hey wait, where are you going? The castle's this way!" she shouted after him.

"Sern?"
He was gone.

Suddenly the forest seemed darker as the mist began to creep around her legs. Artemis had the feeling that she'd missed flying lessons, and she would have to pay the penalty when she got back to the castle.
Looking around the unfamiliar environment, that didn't seem to be any time soon. She was deep in the woods.

As Artemis thought about it, she suddenly wasn't so sure that the way she had pointed while calling out to Sern was the right way.

He stopped and turned when she shouted after him, though he was to far to be seen propperly, only a silhouette. He held his arm out to the direction of the castle, which was almost the opposite direction to where she had said. "That way.." His voice had a strange tone layered to it. He then started walking deeper into the forest.

"Sern?"
Artemis looked around again. Might as go go back the way she came.
She turned and walked in the opposite direction to where Sern was walking.
She trundled over the rocks and soon came to a clearing.
It was the wolves.

Sern was walking deeper when he noticed what way she was going, why?...Just....Why?. She went to the wolves, of all bloody things. He moved her way and stopped beside the wolves. And though he talked to them and they seemed to be interested, he held his wand tight in hand.

"I said that way" he muttered as he pointed with his free hand to the right way.
His eyes were fixed on the wolves.

Artemis's eyes flashed towards Sern's.
"Well obviously I didn't hear you!" she snapped.
The little girl had a fiery temper.
Artemis began to back away from the wolves, out of the clearing. One of them growled softly.

Moving between her and the wolf. He kept whispering to the wolf and held his wand steady.
Without moving his eyes from the wolf he said in a more even tone, "I suggest you get back to the castle".

The wolf took a step forward but he didn't move, " please ".

"No!" said Artemis stubbornly. She was tired and frightened and very very pissed off. She had no intention of moving.
The wolf began to snarl again. The pack moved forward.

"Damn it, this isn't the time to be stuborn!" He still didn't take his eyes off the wolves as he watched them advance. This was a really bad situation to be in. He and the wolves acted as cat and dog. and right now...The cat was outnumbered. He gave a slight growl like noise back to them and they faltered.

Artemis screwed up her face as if she was about to cry. Pulling out her wand, she pointed it at one of the wolves.
She trembled against Sern.

The wolves took another step closer. He wasn't just going to sit here and be taunted by a pack of pups. Anger welled up inside him.

He yelled out a word that couldn't be understood. His shout echoing through the forest, Rippling with layers of unknown tones.
The wolves stopped again and took a step back snarling.

Artemis shrieked and cried out a spell. As she staggered the spell hit a tree and ricocheted off the bark, hitting a wolf in the muzzle. It gave a howl, pawing at it's black nose as angry red welts appeared across it.
Artemis finally took Sern's word and began to run towards the castle.
The pack tore after her, avoiding Sern.

And they follow her He sprinted after them thankful for his speed. He made it just in front of one and skidded to a halt spinning around a slamming the back of his hand against its jaw, it fell sprawling to the side. Another lept at him and he yelled "Stupefy!", the spell hit is square in the chest and it hit the ground unmoving. as the rest advanced he stayed still. He was just hoping she would keep running.

As Artemis ran she felt more than saw the pack fall away. She skidded to a stop, and spun, watching as the advanced on Sern, their new threat.
Her eyes began to twitch as she filled with anger.
How...how DARE they!
She pointed her wand viciously at another wolf as Sern downed one, and cried "Fernunculus!". The wolf went down, howling.
As she aimed at another wolf, she felt a great impact on her chest and growling in her ear. Suddenly she was on her back, and the hot breath of the wolf was in her face, filling her nostrils. She could not draw breath in to scream with the weight on her chest, and the size of the mountain wolf dwarfed that of the tiny eleven year old's. She did not even have the breath to try a spell, nor the time to do it.
Her throat would be torn out before she could yell "Wingadium Leviosa".

Why wont she just bloody keep running for once! He raged at himself.

He spun around roaring at the wolf, teeth like fangs. "Stupefy" He yelled after it had his attention.
The spell caught its shoulder and it scrambled form her.
"If you have any sense in you RUN" He spun back to the rest of the wolves and snarled.

[ Not supposed to know Stupefy or the other spells, it's a tad advanced for a first year my dears. One must be creative!]

Taking medicine was a hazard ... not taking it was a hazard ... Sometimes he wondered why he had to go through this, still, at least there was entertainment tonight.
Henric amused himself watching them have their little interaction, then a little interaction with dear mother nature, and then a big interaction with the wolves. Well obviously, he pondered, any animal would chase after you angrily if you went and hit in the muzzle; the girl went down a notch in his book. Doubtful that shooting sparks and spells at them was going to calm them either, the boy went down a notch in his book as well. He supposed that, being panicked and terrified of a pack of wolves in a place you were not supposed to actually be in, one would start losing common sense and favor what looked like the best reaction at the time.

Still, he supposed it was time to step in.

With a swoop of his hand, Henric flourished his wand into the air and fired a jet of green sparks upwards. The sparks hit the trees and sent a shower of little fireworks down at the wolves, some of which yelped and growled at the invisible source that was sending out sparks, at the same time ceasing to chase the mischevious duo. Henric stepped out of the darkness of the forest, wiping the remnants of a frothy silver potion off his mouth. He canted his head and smiled at the wolf that stared at the human that appeared, bewildered. Then as the canine relative started snarling and advancing, Henric pointed his wand at them and uttered coldly, "Lumos."
The ball of light that popped out suddenly at the end of Henric's wand caused a great yelping commotion among the wolves, many who thought by sight it was fire. Their superior sense of smell could identify no smoke, however, and they circled Henric, confused.

Waving the wand around like a weapon, he cleared a path through the pack that was now circling him warily, and walked calmly towards the boy who was running off after the girl. Taking out the empty vial that was tucked in his sash, he chucked it carelessly at the one wolf still chasing after the girl. It met it's mark with a dull 'thunk' and the wolf sank to the floor, dazed.

Now he had to deal with the other wolves circling him, he mentally noted, waving his brightly lit wand airily.

He then noticed the girl had stopped running, paused to strike at a wolf, and continued running. The boy did a similar thing. Oh do run, Henric thought to himself, poking his wand randomly at a wolf that was getting too close, making it jump back cautiously.

Artemis panted on the ground and rolled to her feet.
She gasped out next to Sern "I have sense!"
She presently leapt onto the back of one of the few wolves left, therefore proving she didn't.
As the wolf thrashed,Artemis swiped up a rock from the ground, bringing it crashing down on the skull of the beast with all her might. Or lack, thereof. For the wolf merely tossed her to the ground,shaking it's head.
Finally, she scrambled to her feet and darted through the undergrowth.

Ignore this

[Uhm yes I learnt stupefy in class. kkthnx and btw I don't think an eleven your old would be so calm. even if they were mature]

He looked to the new kid that had come, " What the hell is it with people having to be hero's!"
He almost snarled at the boy.
"well as long as your here, go after her and be her hero and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid" He looked to the rest of the wolves.
"And don't worry im not going to be the hero dieing in battle..Ill be close behind"

He waited for the boys reaction

Artemis ran through the trees, hoping that no wolves had spotted her exit, and that she was going in the right direction. She waves her hands about her as she snapped branches out of her way, thorns whipping her ankles viciously.
She felt like a coward for leaving Sern, but the strange boy who spoke to wolves seemed to be able to handle them for himself. After all, it was her who made the trouble in the first place. She felt like crying, but she was too busy running to think.

[ The list should be here and states teachers should teach it to you, if they did, it's all fine and dandy. ]
[ http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/523405/1/#new ]
[ As a sidenote, the forest is a bit of a shelter for Sir Henric, been here every week or so to drink medicine. ]

"Die? You won't die." Henric replied smoothly, jabbing his wand in every direction he could reach, casting little wavering trails of light everywhere. "You would simply be savaged by these dear canine compatriots; severely wounded, yes, maybe, but nothing the hospital wing won't cure!" Amidst his conversation he stepped back and fell against a tree, and a wolf lunged forward. "Oh dear." He commented, ducking down and letting the creature whack it's head against the thick bark.

Waving his wand absently at the wolves, a little burst of sparks scattered outwards as he did so, making them jump back. "I take it your priority was protecting the girl - yes?" He asked, his black eyes twinkling with a strange light to them. "One's priority must always be to protect oneself - see that one?" He added, pointing his wand at a slightly larger wolf with a scar running down it's left eye.

"That's the Alpha Wolf - Pack leader. If you could be so kind as to take it down, Mister Gryffindor - You are a Gryffindor? Only Gryffindors do suicidal acts of bravery, you know." Henric said conversationally as he backed towards Sern and swooped behind him, so they were back to back amongst the wolves circling them. "We Slytherins prefer to jump in when we happen to benefit from such situations."

The sounds of the fight carried back to Artemis at the edge of the forest. Hey eyes flickered into the forest and around her, praying that a teacher wasn't looking for them all. She fidgeted all the more, feeling more guilty by the moment.
What if she had left Sern there to die? She had not seen Henric enter the fray.

" Such as taking credit for saving a damsel in distress?" He muttered angrily as he sent another stupefy spell to a wolf. It crumpled to the ground. Then rolling around to the side as one lept at him.
pressing the wand to its fur and sending sparks to it, the wolf howled and scampered back with the pack.

(( Oh my god Max, Thats it, I'm joining in ))

Aeon had been in another part of the forest when he had heard shouting and barking so, being as curious as he was, He went to investigate. When Aeon arrived he saw his brother, a girl and Henric, who he had met only once or twice before. Then Aeon's eyes moved to the wolves and he quickly drew out his wand. "Sern, I can't believe you went on and made wolves angry." He said, watching a wolf charge at him and he danced out of the way before turning his wand at it and yelling "Stupefy"
The spell hit it and it collapsed onto the ground. "Henric, Why are you here?" He asked, keeping his voice casual.

"No I don't care about the damsel in distress, take all the credit and be hailed champion by all means. What I want, is to get an earned favour - such as making a Gryffindor filled to the brim with bravado owe-" His sentence was cut short as he leaped away, swung his wand across the air, and sent sparks flying out in an arc, scaring back the wolves. "-A charismatic Slytherin fellow a favour; I'll call upon that favour when I'm set upon by a pack of wolves, perhaps." He ran across the forest and leaped onto a tree, then inched upwards as wolves set upon him, snarling viciously. Managing to scrape the slippery edge of a large branch, he swung on it like a monkey bar, looking ridiculous. "Hup!" He breathed, then let go and collided on top of the alpha wolf of the pack; the large wolf was slammed to the floor and knocked out cold.

All the other wolves stared first at their leader, then at Henric, then growled.

"That didn't work like I wanted to it. Do you think magical wolves don't care for their leader?" Henric asked in an airy-fairy sort of singsong voice as he got up and slid over to Sern, wand spinning in his grasp. "Oh hello Mister Aeon." Henric quipped as he waved, "I am just helping this fine young gentleman here fight off a pack of wolves intent on tearing us to shreds. Would you like your wolf steak medium rare?"

The smell of burnt fur filled the air.

Henric Lee's medicine apparently turned his personality upside down for an hour or so after he drinks the potion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back