Gallivanting Adventure

Artemis Tuuri

Artemis trotted around the grounds, enjoying the sunny day. She had been walking for half an hour, exploring here and there, poking her nose into the greenhouses, Quidditch pitch, the grounds keeper's cabin and the unicorn pen. The delights of Hogwarts never ceased to amaze her; there was always somewhere new to explore.
Presently she arrived at the edge of the forest. There were no small copses of trees or small clearings as far as she could see. The forest just seemed to start, and the deeper she looked through from the edge, the darker is was.
This must be the Forbidden Forest...
Forests were Artemis's delight. There were often many groves and hidey-holes to adopt as her own, and she climbed trees like a monkey. These trees, however, had no lower branches. They were straight, tall, and utterly unclimbable without a few ropes and pulleys. But with a bit of magic, she just might be able to have some fun...

Sern decided he would take a strole along the edge of the forest. The place of mystery.
He loved each and every outdoor place in hogwarts but. he felt like the forest this time.

When he made it to the fringes of the tree line he walked along side it for awhile before comming to where artemis stood, there girl he ahd met before. He came to her silently and said, "I doubt your jsut going to look at the forest....am I right?".

Artemis jumped, and whipped around. And stared directly at Sern.
"Ah! Hallo!" she said with surprise.
Artemis whipped away her wand guiltily.
"Ah, no. Ah, see I was going to just look at the forest. But then I decided to go back. Ah. Nice seeing you!"
Artemis turned on her heel and strode away- directly into the forest.
She stared for a moment, turned in the other direction and walked out again, blushing.

Sern watched her with a slight rasied eyebrow as she cahnging directions. Then as she came out blushing he waiting for a moment before saying.

"You know we could both go?" He wasnt exactly the most sicial person but he needed the walk and he knew she wanted to go in.

Artemis blushed again.
"Well, I do. And...I was about to try something, but perhaps I ought to wait until we are deeper into the forest."
Artemis scratched the back of her tiny head sheepishly.

"If you were going to do something your not supposed to perhaps it would be better to wait until we are deeper." he said keeping his voice nice and even.

He started to make his way through the forest, weaving in and around trees rather cat like. Then he stopped and turned waiting to see if she would follow him.

Artemis looked at him oddly. She was already beside him.
"Come on!" She called mischievously, and suddenly she was off,darting between snapping branches and leaping over high rock areas.

"Agile one aye?" He murmed to himself as he watched her go, "well ill do my best" He leaped after her coverying the terrains in his almost graceful like way. Then he finally managed to come up along side her.

"well here I was thinking I might ahve to slow down for you" he said witha laugh.

"Mm hm!" nodded Artemis.
"I've been sprinting and climbing since I was a little girl. In fact..."
Artemis took out her wand. "This is why I was here in the first place."
Artemis indicated one of the tall, thin pines dotted around them. It was a dark, misty sort of wood, with no branches at all for 10 feet above the ground, and only spindly ones from there on. The top of the tree was strong and beautiful with luscious leaves.
"I want to climb one of these."

"Well I would help...But I dont know a spell that could at the moment." he said as he looked to one of the great trees. He would climb them also, when he could change into a tiger form. Because, of course, He was going to be an animagus. He had no doubt of that in his mind.

"Well, I do." said Artemis. "Theoretically..."
She rubbed a smudge mark off her wand.
"I've been practicing the spell, but it's going to be really hard to control. If I get a measure of it, and do it quick, I could get up there."
Artemis looked at Sern.
"I couldn't climb the whole way, but I could climb half the way. So if I could get halfway up the tree, I will be able to complete the rest of the way by myself."
She waved her wand with a little swish and flick.
"Theoretically."

Sern gave a slight laugh as she ended her little speach with Theoretically.
"Well go on then, you'll never know untill you try" he said just keeping his tone as usual and a smile from his face.

Artemis beamed at him.
"Okay, wonderful!" she clapped her hands together. "If I fall, just do a shield charm underneath me. I'll work it from there" she said with a grin.

Alright, here goes...

Artemis focused, then pointed her wand at her chest.
"Wingardium leviosa!" she cried.

Immediately, she was thrown up into the air, hanging upside down.
Artemis gave a shriek, then moved the wand a little. She jerked to the side.
"Woah-oh-oh..."
Artemis directed herself at a tree jerkily, the previous tree having being lost from her sight as she went upside down.

Artemis pulled her head up, narrowly missing a collision with Sern.

"Eer...Ahh!"
Artemis kicked her legs in the air, which seemed to give her a bit more direction. Slowly, and with as must precision as she could with an extremely wobbly spell, she levitated slightly forward and smacked into a tree six feet in the air. Immediately, she shot out of arms and legs and clung to it, upside down.

At this Sern gave up and fell to the ground witha fit of laughter. There she was clinging to the tree upside down. I mean who could resist?

He got himself up slowly overcoming the fit and looked at her a moment before saying, "Perfect, now all you need is everthing else to go upside down and your right" He started laughing again.

Artemis clung to the tree like a cicada.
"Oh ha ha ha, very funny." she said, but soon she joined in the laughing.
Artemis giggled for a bit.
"But it worked!...sort of," she said. "I didn't plan on being upside down, though."
Artemis hung like a limpet, and, very slowly, began to right herself.
Now she was six feet above the ground with her arms and legs wrapped around the thin tree trunk.
She looked at her uniform in dismay. "I should've brought climbing clothes!"
Little did she know that some bike pants were needed in this situation. Artemis continue to cling to the tree like a limpet, forgetting that she was wearing her school skirt and giving a good flash of her knickers.

Sern watched as she righted herself then noticed she was wearing a skirt and looked to the side slightly chuckling to himself. "Well I didnt know you where so....Free" he said jokingly and he burst out laughing again though keeping his eyes from here.

Artemis looked down and saw him laughing at her open skirt. Artemis began to laugh and well, and, in a bid to cover herself, let one hand go to pull down her skirt.
The combination of laughter and loss of balance made her slip, and Artemis fell.
A gasp caught in her throat as she tumble towards the ground head first. With her wand still in her other hand, she tried to direct it below her, but she was upside down again and falling too fast.
"Sern!"

Sern had no idea if it would work but it was all he had, He sent the wand in her direction and muttered "Protego!". I seemed to slow her down slightly. damn it! he thought to himself the he moved forward and caught her.
Well...almost.... he caught her and they both fell to be more precise.

Oof >_<
Artemis opened her eyes and found herself sitting on top of Sern. Knowing she was half his size, she didn't think she was too heavy.
Suddenly everything seemed to be too funny, and she threw back her tiny head and roared with laughter. She rolled off Sern and tossed among the leaves, clutching her stomach.

He smiled as she did and couldent help but have abit of a chuckle himself.

"Well next time you'll know better I spose" He said with a slight smile.

"Yes and that to" He looked around while his chuckles subsided and then looked back to her. "Well you got to climb your tree, what now?"

"Now I think we should go back before someone finds us. I mean, it isn't called the Forbidden Forest for nothing!"
Suddenly, there were howls in the distance.
Artemis looked in the direction of the howls, and turned back to Sern.
"Yes, actually, I think that would be a very good idea."

He looked at her as she spoke then his eyes snapped to where the howls came from.
Sern the whispered something that definately wasnt english out to the night air and the howls subsided.

He looked back to artemis, "Dont worry, they wont come near us" he took a pause before continuing "Ok if you want to go."

Artemis looked at Sern, suddenly afraid. Who was this boy who spoke to animals?
"Yes...I believe I have flying lessons today..."
Artemis picked up her wand from the ground and slipped it back into her pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back