Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Gabriella wasn't used to celebrating holidays the way they did at Hogwarts. She couldn't believe what they had done to the Great Hall this time. It was so completely different than the way it was decorated for Christmas, but beautiful in its own way. Honestly, she thought the heart shaped tables were maybe a little tacky, but aside from that she enjoyed the atmosphere.

As usual, she didn't see anyone she recognized immediately. Probably because she didn't actually know many people. Gabriella wasn't shy, exactly, but she was kind of awkward. The way she followed rules very strictly and took everything seriously was different than most kids she knew, and she didn't really know how to connect to others very well. Her sister didn't seem to have that problem, and Gabriella looked around for any sign of Francesca. She didn't see her anywhere. After a moment, she decided to get something to eat. At least she wouldn't be standing around doing nothing. She grabbed a muffin and took a small nibble, her eyes still scanning the room.

As Xavier finished getting dressed for the dance, something he normally wouldn't go to as he found dances boring, he couldn't help but wonder who was going, which made him curious enough to get ready for it. He could meet new people and make new friends, and it was always a great experience - meeting people. When he arrived he smiled briefly at the decorations, they really had done a good job with the great hall for the night. Xavier spotted the snacks table and pushing his glasses further up his nose, he approached the table, without realising someone else was there too. After getting something to drink, he turned his head sideways and gave the girl a sideways smile. "Hey, Gabriella right?" he asked her, hoping that he'd paid enough attention in class this past semester and last. She was in his house, though that was about as much as he knew. Oh and her name.
<i></i>

Alexis went around for a while when she decided to get something to eat. She spotted some scones and laughed as she remembered her first meeting with Nixon. She grabbed two scones, this time and some pumpkin juice. She turned around and saw Xavier and Gabriella. She went over to them, greeting them with a smile."Hey, guys! Did you deliver roses too?" She met Gabriella at the Yule Ball while she already knew Xavier way back before Hogwarts term started.

Gabriella saw a familiar boy approach the table and watched him quietly for a moment. She didn't think he'd talk to her, so she jumped a bit when he suddenly looked at her and said her name. She smiled quickly, her mind scrambling for the boy's name in return. They were in the same year and house, so she felt like she had to know it. "Yes, that's right. You're... Xavier?" The name popped up into her brain, and she really hoped she hadn't misremembered. "Are you enjoying the party?" She asked him politely.

Then another girl approached, and Gabriella recognized her as the same girl that had spoken to her at the yule ball. She shook her head at the question. "No, I had better things to do with my time." She said, then biting the inside of her cheek. That had sounded rude once she said it out loud. "I mean. I was just busy with homework. Did you?"

Hudson walked into the Great Hall not really too sure what he would find. He heard about it being mostly for couples but he knew a lot of the first years were going to go as well and since he hadn't really made friends yet he decided to go and see if any were interested in being his friend. Looking around he spotted some of the Hufflepuff kids and Alexis sitting. He thought that was better than trying to find people in the crowd so he went and sat down at their table with a little smile on his face unsure how to introduce himself to them properly. They all had classes together, surely they knew of him and would talk to him?

Xavier nodded as his class and housemate guessed his name right. "Yep, that's me," he confirmed. When she asked if he was enjoying the party he had to think about it for a second. "Yeah, I mean I don't have it a lot to compare it to but so far, it's been enjoyable. What about you?" he asked her, though before he could hear much of what she had to say another girl joined them and Xavier instantly recognised her as Alexis, someone he'd met when he'd met Athena and Jasmine. "Hey Alexis. And nope, I did not. I didn't really consider it to be honest." That was a fact. Also, he secretly agreed with Gabriella on the point of it not being interesting enough. As much as Xavier liked to meet new and different people, he wasn't so desperate that he would do literally anything in order to make that happen. He kept all of this to himself though as he didn't want to upset anyone. It was then that he noticed another figure who was in earshot of their conversation, Xavier didn't like to exclude people and maybe the boy was shy. The hufflepuff thought nothing more of it and he walked over to the boy. "Hi. You're in our year, aren't you? You can join us, if you like." Hoping he would agree.
<i></i>

Eager to move the conversation away from her possibly insulting comment, she quickly looked at Xavier as he spoke. She was glad he also hadn't delivered roses, so she wasn't the only one who hadn't. It really did feel silly to the girl, and that wasn't lessened by the fact that she had received two. The pink one had just been plain weird, and she was glad not to see Liam anywhere nearby. But the yellow one had been nice. Still, there was no real reason Frankie couldn't just have sent a rose. She turned her head when Xavier invited another boy into the conversation, and she smiled encouragingly. She hoped he would soon return, with or without him, as Gabriella was now left alone with Alexis. She glanced her way with a slight, nervous, smile. "So um. Do you like these decorations better than the ones at the yule ball?" She asked her carefully, hoping the girl wasn't too offended by her earlier comment to answer this question.

ooc: I thought they were all sitting at a table so I had Hudson sit at the same table as them . . . ?

Hudson glanced up when he heard one of his yearmates talking to me. It was a first really, he hadn't spent much time conversing with anyone at the castle yet. He had been more interested in exploring the castle rather then making friends. "Yeah, Hudson. I'm in Alexis's house," he said pointing towards the girl. She was nice to him, during flying lessons when he had failed miserably she had been nice to him. He had seen the others in classes. They were nice as well he thought. Hudson hoped he would be able to make friends, although he wasn't too sure why he had come to the dance. Looking around he spotted his cousin, well sister Fleur. He was glad to not be anywhere near to her and thought her outfit should be one that the Headmistress send her to her room for. Fleur was showing too much skin, Hudson hoped no one knew they were related.

Alexis knew that not everyone shared the thrill in delivering roses. Gabriella's comment proved that and although it may sound rude,the Ravenclaw did not take it seriously.She smiled as she listened to Xavier share Gabriella's opinion.She nodded when Gabriella asked her about doing deliveries."I did. I had six.Thought,it could be fun since I had initally expected that I would not receive any roses.",she replied with a friendly smile.

Just then Hudson joined their table with a shy look,making Alexis jumped out of her and rounded to greet him with a hug. "Hudson!Happy Valentines!" She just then sat beside him to make him feel welcome. Xavier asked Hudson something which made Alexis shift her attention to Gabriella. She noticed that the other girl was nervous.Alexis thought it would be about earlier.The Hufflepuff asked her about the deocrations which made Alexis look around,"Well..I think both events had great decorations. Each was done in accordance to their own respective ocassion."She glanced at Gabriella,"What do you think?",she asked the other girl back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back