Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Branson❤️
Wand
Curly, 9", Acacia, Essence of Belladonna, Unyielding
Few days had already passed since Valentine's day and Blair still messed up that she was now a year older, it did feel great even if it didn't change a lot. And after the dances, she was trying to catch up with her new schedules and to-do lists so she had taken a few free days of communicating and just focused on her work, and now she felt like she had her "I want to communicate" days. And even if she was planning on sitting at her own house's table, she noticed someone she already knew. "Hey, how are you?" she sat next to Branson and smiled at him. "Точно, can I sit with you?" she wanted to make sure that he was okay with her company today too.

точно-"sure" but in this situation works as "right"

Branson had surprised himself with the fun he’d had at the valentines dance. It hadn’t been what he had expected, but the person he’d spent time with, Blair had been nice, and she had been nice to speak to. He had thought about reaching out but felt a little nervous about doing that, worried that he might scare her off by being overly eager.So when she appeared beside him at the ravenclaw table and greeted him before then asking to sit he nodded. ”Hey, sure!” he still didn’t know what the occasional word she said meant but that didn’t matter. ”How are you?” he knew she’d already asked that but she’d asked it before saying other things and he thought it best to start afresh.

As he said that he is alright with Blair sitting with him. She had like three friends and she enjoyed his company so she was thankful that he agreed. "Да... I think everything is alright, I made a lot of lists in the last few days, and you? Has anything new happened?" her last days actually weren't that interesting, so she hoped that he had something more interesting. She actually didn't even really remember that she hadn't told him that she is a transfer yet as she was used to spill it out from the very beginning.

да- usually means yes but in this situation, it's more just a slang

Branson gave a little smile, knowing it was likely quite awkward looking but he wasn't sure what else to say but she answered his question, "What sorts of lists?" he then asked with a curious expression though it was still visibly shy. "Not really, not much time has passed, but it was fun," he said, refering to the time they had spent at the valentines dance. "So, you're a third year right?" he decided to ask, it seemed neutral enough and likely would be a good way to begin to get to know her. "You sometimes say words in a different language, what language is it?" he asked, visibly very curious about it.

Blair smiled back and she couldn't help but think that Bran's awkwardness was adorable, pure and so innocent. "To-do lists and like a list of daily routine, I love when everything is organized and I know what I am supposed to do." she smiled at him when explaining her lists. She took a paper out of her pocket of jeans and gave him, of course, he probably didn't understand a word, it was in Russian but she also showed him to turn it around where something was in English. Not all of it but something and there were some typical grammar mistakes. "Да! I mean, yes, it was a lot of fun," she agreed with him while leaning over to get some sandwich. "Yes, and a Hufflepuff. Actually, I was pretty sure I will be a Slytherin or something in that type," she chuckled when sitting back down and sipping the drink. "Second year and Ravenclaw, am I right? Where did you think you would be sorted in?" for some all that sorting thing was already old news but for Blair, it was still something pretty cool. And when he asked about the language, she blinked several times, did she forget to tell him about the fact that she is a transfer? "I am a new transfer, just... Alright, actually I transferred in winter from Koldovstoretz. And my first language is Russian, that's that language." and if she did actually speak Russian, she didn't even look like one, she looked like she was Hispanic what was actually as much truth as she was calling herself a Slavic.

Branson nodded as she said that she liked routine, and liked when things were organised. He liked when things were organised but probably not much more. He nodded in agreement that it had been a lot of fun between them and he was glad that he was right about her being a third year, but she was a hufflepuff. He nodded as she correctly guess what house and year he was in. "I was pretty sure I'd be a Ravenclaw, I really like reading and learning and stuff," he admitted, there was a little shy pride in his voice. He was happy to be a ravenclaw. "My dad was a slytherin and my mother was a hufflepuff though, so it wouldn't have mattered," He nodded as she said she was a transfer and that she spoke russian, "Oh wow! That's so cool! How've you found the differences between them?"

Blair smiled when he admitted about his likes. "That's amazing! So you're like smart smart? Cool! You were probably really proud to get in the Ravenclaw," it all was said like in parts only while she was trying to remember the right words. "Oh, so magic was common to you since the childhood? How excited you were when you got the letter?" She giggled but seemed interested in his answers. She tried to not pay attention to him mentioning his dad, even if she hated the person who was her father, she was still a bit jealous about kids who had their fathers. She had grown up without father figure, it had always made her feel like she wasn't worth enough for him to stay, and it had always been painful for her, but she didn't want to bring that up. So she just didn't touch that and chode something else to react to. "Oh, if we are not talking about the language difference, then we can surely talk about gastronomic differences. I miss some Russian food a lot. Also, people here is way more different maybe like... Sweeter? Than at home. And climate, oh my God! I won't ever get used to Christmas being in summer, how and why? I wasn't the best at geography," she chuckled but while talking she sounded confused. "But otherwise, New Zealand is a bit too hot for me but it's cool, at least I am not freezing that much in winter," Blair didn't notice as she made the usual mistake. She was messing up a lot with winter being the hot season in the New Zealand.

Branson nodded. "Very common. My mother teaches at a muggle primary, but my dad is a librarian at the school here. We live in a magical home," the boy told her. "I was pretty relieved to finally get the letter, after waiting for so long. Were you raised in a magical home?" he asked, quite curious about Blair and her life. He listened as she listed some of the differences that she'd experienced. He'd never known anything else. With school he'd gone to places but never outside of that. "Really? Too hot?" he said having never thought about it that way. "Have you thought about telling the elves they might be able to make some more familiar russian food?"

And again, when Branson mentioned his dad, Blair had to press down that little envy that she felt about him having a dad. "No way! It sounds so amazing! How does it feel to have at least one of the parents always around?" Blair was glad that he was feeling great about getting the letter. However, she chuckled when he asked the same question about magic in her life back, well, she wasn't going to be negative or anything. "My mom is a muggle reporter so she has always been around the world, but she is magical too, so it wasn't something uncommon to me too," as she wasn't trying to go all negative so she just mentioned the mom without a real explanation why, but in fact, it was just because she had only her. When he asked about being too hot in NZ, she fastly nodded. "It's really too hot there. Like really, our average summer temperature is kinda like your not the warmest autumn and spring days," she had read up about that actually, it just seemed interesting to her. "Wait, we are allowed to do that? Oh my God, it would be so perfect if they could make some... Oh my God! How is it called in English? It's ugh борщ? Like a beet soup but it tastes perfect, I am sure you'd love Russian food," she seemed to get really excited. She wasn't usually like this but it was something she missed A LOT, she couldn't believe that she was living without it for so long.

борщ-borscht, it was actually originated in Ukraine but it counts as Russian traditional food but in fact, all the Balkan, Baltic, and Slavic countries have it

Branson's cheeks reddened slightly at her being pretty friendly in how cool she thought having parents around might be. He just nodded, he knew for some it would be the worst but for him...he liked it. "I like it, I help out in the library and spend time with him," he said with a little shrug feeling a little almost shy about it though he wasn't embarrassed. He nodded as she explained her mum which was perhaps why a russian person would end up at a school here. He nodded too as she explained it before he laughed lightly as she got so excited about asking the elves. "Technically the kitchen is off limits but.....it's like a soft off limits, and I'm sure there's an elf there who could help. I can show you where it is, if you'd like?" Branson offered.

Blair listened carefully and then smiled. Of course, he was helping him out in the library! It just made so much sense now. "Знаешь, you're lucky to be this close with your dad! I would do anything so my mom could be here. Wait! How you been to Hogwarts before you enrolled here?" she got invested in it immediately. She thought that it may be the most impressive thing to get to school before even starting it. Her mom had gone to some lectures at muggle schools to tell kids about her job and she always took Blair with her, she loved spending time with muggle kids. When Bran laughed about her excitement, she blushed a bit and giggled lightly. Blair never understood how badly she actually missed home. "Да! I mean, yes! It would be perfect if you showed me where it is! I heard a lot about it but never got to really acknowledge where it is," she still seemed quite excited but a bit less than before, but the happy smile didn't fade away from her face.

знаешь-you know

Branson shook his head at the question, but he liked that Blair definitely not make fun of him for having his dad around. No one had yet and he was always thankful that people were not bothered by it. "No, I mean he might've when I was a baby but I have no memory of it until I like came myself," he told her and then was quite pleased that she seemed to go. He nodded and then got to his feet. "Well, let's go!" he said eagerly. He was quite pleased that they were getting along and he was quite hopeful that they would actually become friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back