Friends Among The Flowers

Wednesday Hardley

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Wednesday was looking around the school, not have seen much of it before. The inside was so big almost intimidating but the outside the outside was just beautiful. She couldn't believe that a place like this existed. This was all just so amazing. But deep down Wednesday couldn't mind but really miss the simple muggle things. Though she wouldn't admit that. It would seem odd even for her. As she walked outside enjoying the lake and the lawn, she noticed a entrance to a garden. "Oh lovely" She said as she set in a dead run towards the garden.

It didn't take long for Wednesday to enter and just stop dead in the scent of the flowers. "Oh wonderful" She said walking amongst the amount of the flowers most of them looked to be muggle. Every couple feet she would stop and smell a handful of them. Finally she found a nice bench and took a seat just looking at the garden that reminded her of home, of muggle customs and how the world was really just beautiful.

Toni was not a big fan of the garden at all. Actually she sort of found it her least favorite spot at the school, but for some reason she was drawn to it. Maybe it was that she needed to think a lot of things over. Maybe she wanted to be away from the world. "Not many people visit the garden I mean god who would" Toni said to herself as she walked into the garden entrance.

After walking a bit clearing her mind she noticed a girl her age sitting on a bench. If Toni could remember right the girl's name was Wednesday. Instead of walking the other way Toni walked over to the bench and sat down "Hey" She said glancing out towards the flowers. Toni didn't even know if she was going to talk a lot but still for some reason she had the urge just to sit down.

Scorpius had been walking the castle to familiarize himself with it before classes started. So far his favorite place had been the outdoors, something about it made him feel free. He spotted the entrance to a garden and walked in out of curiosity. As he thought that, he finally realized he was really a Ravenclaw now. He smiled at his own thoughts and continued walking when he saw two girls sitting on a bench. "Hey there, mind if I join you?" he asked in his Irish accent. He then noticed one of them was Toni. "Hey Toni!" he said brightly.

Before long Wednesday realized that there was a girl sitting next to her. It was that blonde girl that Wednesday had told was a complete brat, yet for something or another Wednesday didn't mind her. The girl whose name Wednesday remembered as Toni reminded her of her old best friend, more than it seemed possible. "Hey" Wednesday replied

Yet before Wednesday could make any more conversation she noticed a boy come up. "Hey" Wednesday said smiling brightly. She loved meeting new people. It was just how Wednesday functioned. "Sure you can join us" She said. "I'm Wednesday" Wednesday said to the boy "I don't think we have meet" She said hoping that she wasn't wrong about that.

Scorpius turned to the new girl. "Hi Wednesday, nice name," he complimented. "I'm Scorpius Knight," he introduced himself. He was feeling rather friendly that day. He leaned back against his arms and asked, "What brings you two out here?"

Toni turned to smile slightly at Wednesday. For some reason she did remind Toni of someone, but who Toni couldn't remember. Though it didn't take long for another person to join them. "Oh hey Scorpius" Toni said smiling brightly. It was obvious that Wednesday and Scorpius hadn't met before for introductions were done.

"I just needed some time to think" Toni said truthfully wondering if that was odd to say. Did people normally just walk in gardens to think. Toni did at least recently. "What about you?" She asked

Wednesday smiled brightly as Scorpius said that she had a nice name. Most people back home thought it was odd. But here many people, or at least a few seemed to like it. "Thanks You have a pretty cool name yourself" She added never hearing the name Scorpius before. She began to fiddle with her bright yellow bangles on her wrist as she moved them up and down on her arm finally letting them drop making a noise as they hit each other staying on her wrist.

"Oh I just wanted to see the garden. It reminds me of home" Wednesday said smiling brightly showing her white teeth "Sounds dorky already to be thinking about home" She said letting out a small laugh

Sam was walking along in the grounds. He hadn't been out and about many times, he hadn't even seen a lot of his friends yet which was a pity really. He then noticed a small group of people. Wednesday, Knight and Toni. He smiled to himself, how lucky was that? He walked over to them casually, "Hey guys." he waved at them. "What brings you all here?"

Toni looked over as she heard Sam's voice. A smile broke out on her face. "You are such a stalker you know that" She said laughing a bit. "I was just enjoying the garden" Toni said thinking about how she could never enjoy a garden too much "Oh and thinking. That was the main thing" She added not knowing what she was really thinking about. Now nothing. How could she possible think with all these people here. It just seemed to put her thoughts to rest for awhile. Now that couldn't be a bad thing.

"How about you?" She asked wondering why Sam had made his way into the garden.

Scorpius nodded as both Toni and Wednesday explained what they were doing. "Well I was just here out of curiosity to what was in here," he said shrugging with a grin. "Where are you from Wednesday?" he asked when she referred to home.

Then he saw Prince come up to them and he grinned. "Hey there Prince!" he said to his friend. He hadn't seen him around the castle at all yet. Scorpius found it a bit funny that they ran into each other in the garden.

Wednesday smiled as she saw Sam come up. "Hey Sam" She said remembering that she had seen Sam a few times. They were in the same house after all. "Oh I'm from Queenstown New Zealand "She said "And you I'm guessing somewhere in Ireland?" Wednesday asked guessing only on his accent.

Though as she spoke a big red flower caught her eye. Wednesday stared at the flower for a bit before turning to the conversation once more hoping she hadn't missed anything. She really had to learn to stop zoning out as she did so often.

Scorpius nodded with a smile as Wednesday guessed where he was from. He realized it wasn't hard for people to guess with his accent. "Yep," he replied, "from Cork, Ireland. I see you're not too far from home Wednesday," he said to her.

He took his wand out of his pocket and twirled it in his hands absentmindedly.

Wednesday smiled as she had guessed right. It would have been rather embarassing if she was wrong. Though it was a known fact that Wednesday didn't embarasse easy anyway. "Nope I'm not too far at all. But this place seems like it is half way around the world" She said smiling. It may just be the fact that magic was still so new to her or maybe that she had never imagined going to school in a castle with a garden.

"You are way far away from home though" Wednesday said imagining having to travel so far. "Must be a great school if you were willing to travel so far" She said as she watched him twirl his wand. Wednesday's wand was still safely in her pocket in which it stayed almost all the time. Since getting it she barely let it out of sight.

Hoshi had wonered off into the garden again. She didn't know why but she found the place amusing in it's own right. She wasn't going to use it as a place to pull off one of her plans even though there was enough space. Most of her pranks would take place in the castle anyway. She saw a people sitting on a bench and walked over. She noticed that one of them was the person she most missed. Knight. She sank low so she would be spoted then got close enough. Hoshi wraped her arms around Knight's neck from the back and yelled. "Got you!" at the top of her lungs.

Scorpius was about to reply to Wednesday when suddenly he felt tiny little arms wrap around him and heard that all too familiar voice he had missed. "Nice one Hoshi, you really got me," he said lightly with a laugh. He shook his head as he noticed she had green hair and thought that was a nice touch to add to the fact that she was now in Slytherin.

Wednesday couldn't help but jump a bit when the new girl, who had entered the garden, yelled at the top of her lungs. Though when Wednesday looked the girl over she had green hair. Now that is so cool Wednesday thought smiling at the girl who seemed to be named Hoshi. Instead of introducing herself Wednesday's mind wondered a bit again. Not long before she got herself to focus wondering slightly if the green hair was a sign or rebellion or Slytherin. Either way Wednesday was amused. She would have dyed her hair purple if her mother wouldn't shot her on the spot.

There was only one person in this group that she didn't know and had to remiedie that. Hoshi stuck her hand out across Knight and offered the new girl. "Hoshi Koshiba as you heard and you are?" She asked with a large cartoon grin on her face. She was starting to like Huffflepuffs because they all seemed like good people and they where not Toni. "Hey it could have worked this time." She said sticking out her tongue at Knight.

Wednesday smiled brightly as Hoshi introduced herself. "Nice to meet you hoshi" Wednesday said wondering if Hoshi and Knight were a couple thought at age eleven it did seem rather early for that sort of thing. "I'm Wednesday Hardley" She said "And I absolutely love your hair" She added not willing to hold that back. Though Wednesday was never one to hold anything that she thought back.

Hoshi was unwilling to let Knight go of the hug from the back so she just crossed her hands on his chest. "I could do your's if you want. I know how to do temp jobs as well as permanet. I could even make Toni-chan here blonder than she already is." She said to Wednesday. Hoshi laughed a little to herself but didn't look at Toni just imagening her face at the way Knight and her where greeting eachother.

Wednesday smiled thinking that she was going to end up liking this Hoshi girl though Wednesday seemed to like just about everyone actually. It was just how she was. Though a few people did get on her nerves no one too bad yet. "Really?" Wednesday said wondering if she would actually go through with a hair dying though Hoshi did say temporary. Yet when Hoshi said something about Toni's blonde hair Wednesday couldn't help but glance that way trying to to laugh. Quickly she turned to Hoshi a smile on her face holding back a laugh. "And which colour would suit me" Wednesday asked as she did a silly pose with one hair at her hip and the other behind her head.

Scorpius noticed Hoshi hadn't released him yet but he didn't want to seem rude or anything, plus it didn't bother him too much. Once she mentioned hair dying he joked, "Really? Can you do my hair pink?" with false excitement but tried to hide his smirk. When Wednesday asked what color suited her he said, "Pink, definitely. We could be twins," and winked at her to show he was joking.

Hoshi laughed and passes a hand though Knight's hair before letting him go and hopping over to sit on the backing of the bench. "Yeah I could do it. Only real men where pink though." She said joking. She flicked a piece of green hair out of her face to infesice her point. "I think purple would go better though." She to Wednesday tilting her head slightly.

Scorpius chuckled and then said, "Are you implying that I am not a real man?" he asked with a look of shock on his face though it was just an act. "Hoshi, I am truly hurt," he said mock-sadly and clutching at his heart.

Wednesday let out a laugh "Well I think it would be impossible for me to turn down having matching pink hair with Scorpius" Wednesday said laughing when she imagined him actually with pink hair. She knew quite well that Scorpius was joking. Which guy in their right mind would want pink hair?

"My mother would so kill me" Wednesday said smiling at the thought of actually doing something to bother her mother so much. "But really it would be a toss up between purple and pink" Wednesday said the thought of actually doing it in her mind though doubting that she would have the guts to go through with it. Mostly since she didn't even know Hoshi well enough to let the girl dye her hair, well maybe. Wednesday wasn't sure.

Hoshi looked humoresly outraged. "I would never say such a thing." She said in a fake angry voice but smiled. "I would never hurt you Knight-kun." She said looking up then around. "Don worry my mother hair dresser I've seen her do it a thousand times." She side almost hearing her conserns. "And if you sick of it you can just wash it all out with shampoo." She added. The dye Hoshi used for her own hair would not come out unless she used the potion made by her mother but she was not getting rid of it any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back