friend or foe?

Brodie Summers

OOC First Name
Sammy
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Brodie had heard that Silverback had went into hiding after his house elf had caused him some trouble. Brodie had laughed evily when he heard it "Serves him right, keeping that crazy elf around" Brodie said in a dark voice. He decided it was time to pay another trip to Bleak Street. With a book under his arm and his new wand in his pocket he walked into a dark allyway "Lumos" he muttered and began to read Hogwarts a History skiping right to the part about the chamber of secrets letting his mind drift maybe theres one at HNZ he thought absent mindedly.

Daisy had been spending quite a lot of time recently, just roaming the city. She'd made her self familiar with all the main streets, but there was a smaller one that she still hadn't ventured down. She'd always been taught not to hang around dark alleyways, so of course she was going to see what the fuss was about. She strutted down the road, as if it was her main hangout. Daisy couldn't let on that she was fairly lost, because that would just be pathetic. Glancing into the windows of odd looking shops, she saw a creepy looking man waving for her to come inside. While most girls would run, Daisy simply rolled her eyes, continuing down the street. She wasn't afraid. Okay, maybe she was a little, but that was very deep down, and no one would notice. She wouldn't let them.

Then, as she thought she'd seen all there was too see (rather disappointing actually, nowhere near as scary as she'd expected), Daisy noticed a boy about her age in a dark corner. Thinking it would be amusing to talk to such a strange looking boy, she adjusted her jumper dress and made her way smoothly over to him. "Eh hem." she said staunchly, pulling out her old second-hand wand and quickly casting Lumos.

Brodie was just day dreaming about a giant snake at his comand when someone interupted him. He looked up to see a girl wearing a dress that made her look like a candy cane and holding a second hand wand "Oh great, another mud blood," he muttered, "and what do you want? besides directions back to the north pole?" he asked in a cold voice.

Daisy almost laughed when the boy spoke to her. Zomg, what a little tough guy! she thought sarcastically. She expected herself to reply with a nasty comment, but then remembered the deal she had with the carers. If she did anything bad in the next few months, then they wouldn't get her a new wand. She'd have to be stuck with an old one. No way! That's impossible!! she'd thought at the time, however she kept silent, plotting other ways to afford a new wand. Since Daisy knew that getting into fights probably equaled bad behaviour, she instead made her reply sound lighter. "Who are you calling mudblood?!" she laughed, trying not to put a fierce edge on her voice. "And I know where the North Pole is, thank you."

Brodie raised an eye brow to the girl "Well elf care to explain why you don't have your own wand" he said in a cold voice "because as i understand it only mudbloods cant affored the essentials"

(gah i cant get brodie mean anymore >_<")

Daisy couldn't hold in the laugh this time, when the boy called her an elf. He was the one that was midgety looking, not her! "Well, dwarf, this is my friend's old one. I'm just off to by my own one now." she said, telling a slight fib. She would already have had all of her equipment for school, had her budget not been cut for bad behaviour. "Anyway, I doubt you're even a real Pureblood. You're either an inbred mutant, or you tell fibs. Everyone knows that it's not possible not to have Squibs or Mixed bloods somewhere along the line."

Brodie glared at her, he hated it when people made fun of his hight "well then, if your on your way to buy a wand lets go" he said making sure she wasn't fibbing "I'd be happy to ascort you" he added with fake politeness. "thats the beauty of clensing the family, anyone who's not worthy, we just kill" Brodie stated, "thats going to happen to my mother and sister very soon im guessing"

"Wait, your mother's going to be killed? Is she a Mudblood?" Daisy asked, slightly confused. How could the boy act like a Pureblood if his own mother wasn't. "And no, you don't have to come with me. Thanks anyway!" she smiled in a sickly sweet way. Daisy did have money on her, which she was supposed to use on all her other Hogwarts equipment. So if the boy was persistent, Daisy would just use that money and tell the carers it was stolen. She was good at turning on the waterworks.

"No shes not a mudblood, she married and had a child with a filthy muggle, so all three of them have to go" Brodie said "serves her right, after my dad died she turned into a filth loving softy" he growled. He hated his mother for doing this to his family, he loved his mother, but she had betrayed him and there family. "Just as i thought" he said under his breath to her wand.

"Oh. That's a shame. About your dad.. and your mum," Daisy said, unsure what else to say. She didn't personally agree with killing three innocent people. However, if he was so calm about killing his own mother, then maybe he was more dangerous than she thought. Call it peer pressure, or whatever you will, she didn't want to get on his bad worse side. Daisy debated whether or not to share her own story. It might make the boy a bit easier to talk too, but she didn't know that for certain. In a way, he seemed like the type to treat her badly for opening up, so she kept her mouth shut. Anyway, she had a reputation to uphold too.

"Yeah, thanks" he muttered. "so, what are you doing down Bleak Street? get lost?" he sneared. Brodie looked down the ally as some tramp witch looked at them with distaste he glared right back at her and she left.

Daisy was a bit surprised when the boy responded with a thank you. She'd expected him to get defensive. She wanted to ask how his father had died, but thought that it might hit a nerve. "No I did not get lost on this pathetic street," she replied sharply, rolling her eyes. "I came to see what the fuss was all about, and it was rather disappointing." she said, looking up and down the dank, dark alleyway. Then, Daisy followed the boy's gaze to see a creepy old witch look at them oddly. "What the heck are you looking at, oldtimer?" she hissed, finally showing the way she usually acted.

"Since that nutter who ran the silver snake ran away this place has gotten lame" Brodie admitted "one day when im a powerful wizard I'll find Silverback and make him pay for what he did to Paige" Brodie hissed getting angry.

Daisy raised an eyebrow, not really understanding what the boy was talking about. "Silver Snake? Silverback? Paige? Explain." she said sharply, as she wasn't one that liked to be left out of anything.

(( Agh, sorry for shortness :lol: ))

(omg sorry, i completely forgot about this! >_<")
Brodie sighed "The Silver snake is a store down Bleak Street, the owners name was Luxen Sliverback and my friend, well former friend, is Paige, we were down Bleak Street minding our own buisness looking in the shops when Silverback comes out and starts yelling at us, we defend our self and he starts torturing Paige, 3 times, Paige eventually fainted after Silverback left, then once I was trying to get Paige to safety his nutter house elf comes and starts throwing rocks at us and trys to kill me with a rope" Brodie said through clenched teeth. His hands balled into fists as the anger came to him, he turned around and punched a wall hard enough that he heard a crack from his hand. He ignored the pain and turned back to Daisy with fire in his eyes.

(( That's k :p ))

Daisy listened to the boy explain what had happened to himself and Paige. To be honest she was a little concerned.. The boy looked fine, but was Paige alright now? However, she didn't show this on her face, keeping the bored expression she always wore. "Oh, that's interesting. Why is Paige a former friend?" she inquired, wondering if she was being too nosy. Daisy decided to be a bit more caring for once, so she added what she was thinking. "Is she okay now?"

Hearing the boy's hand crack as she punched a brick wall, Daisy sighed and rolled her eyes. "No need to be a show-off," she joked, when he tried to hide the pain. Living with over a hundred other children had forced her to take a motherly role sometimes, so she knew some first aid. Daisy pulled out a tiny plastic container, and opened it to reveal little magical pills that healed broken bones right away. The ministry gave them to foster homes for free, so she always kept some in her bag. "The ministry don't like many people having these, because then the hospitals will make less money. I.. was able to snag some though," Daisy said holding the box out to the boy for him to take one.

"Yes Paige is fine now, shes a strong girl, and former friend because I havn't seen her in a year" replied shortly "apperntly she has better things to do then hang out with someone she used to be engaged to" he mumbled. Paige not being his friend anymore still hurt, but that was mainly because the years of love potion still hadn't worn off. He took a pill with his good hand and swallowed. His hand fixed it self and he flexed it "thanks" he muttered.

Daisy couldn't help but raise an eyebrow when the boy said he had been engaged to Paige. "Wait, how old are you? 10, 11? I know there's no legal age to get engaged, but that does sound a wee bit odd," she said, actually becoming interested in what he was saying now. Was it some weird arranged marriage? Or was it just one of those cute little fake weddings kids sometimes pretended to have?

Daisy was surprised to see the boy take one of the pills so quickly. "Weren't you ever taught not to take things from strangers? For all you know that could have been some crazy drug or something," she smirked, wondering why he had trusted her. "It isn't though, so don't worry," Daisy finished, slightly smugly, not wanting him to go beserk.

"I'm 11" he replied "we were aranged to be married since we were babys" he said in a flat tone "although that all ended when my mother married the filthy muggle" he added again in the same emotionless tone. "and no, because if anything ever happened to me, half my family, eaither death eaters or retired death eaters would come after the person who did" he replied. Brodie's family didn't take to anything happening to there young, espically after his father died.

"Hm," Daisy said simply. So it is the weird arranged marriage, she thought. When the boy told her that he had a family of Death Eaters, she didn't know whether to smile her frown, so instead she remained indifferent. Many of the kids at the home had come from families of Death Eaters. However, many were there because their parents had been killed by them. Daisy had decided that Death Eaters weren't the coolest of people to hang out with, but decided not to say that. "So, I presume you're hoping to be a Slytherin?" she said, even though it was pretty obvious.

"Yes, Slytherin" he replied, "what house do you want to be in?" he asked.

(sorry uberlame post, i just got writers block >_<")

(( Nah that's okay :lol: ))

"Yeah, Slytherin as well," Daisy replied, not as strongly as usual. What if she got Hufflepuff or something? That would be total embarassment after telling this boy she saw herself as a Slytherin. She realised that during this whole coversation, she still didn't know his name. Maybe he didn't want to tell her? But then again, maybe she didn't really want to tell him.

Daisy didn't like telling anyone her name, because it wasn't even real. More than anything she wished she could go around saying her real name, and maybe it would strike a chord with someone. She pictured herself being whisked away, and reunited with her parents. Daisy had no idea whether that would even be a good or bad thing, but she just wanted to know.

Sighing, she decided to ask him anyway. "So, what did they name the kid who rules Bleak Street?" Daisy asked, wondering if flattery would move the focus off her.

"Brodie" Brodie answered simply. "and what would the princess of Bleak Street be named?" Brodie asked. She was the only girl besides Paige who he had seen down Bleak Street.

((sorry for the shortness))

Daisy mentally kicked herself when Brodie asked for her name in return. The reason she didn't want to give her name wasn't just because it was fake, but also because it was so darn girly! Like every girl, she had her moments when she would act feminine, but when she was with Brodie, she felt as though she had to act tough. A name like Daisy Willow just wasn't suitable for a place like Bleak Street. "Daisy," she said simply, not giving out the rest of her name.

(( Sorry for lameness :doh: ))

Brodie nodded, "Daisy, that name isn't to bad" he commented.

(( no, that was lame -_- ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back