Nova Bennett

Trust-issues | Closed-off | Softie on the inside
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
???
To say Nova had been overwhelmed by everything that goes on at Hogwarts was an understatement. One of the things she was struggling with most was the amount of students the school had. More students meant more problems and more dislikeable people, but also more chances at making friends. If only that was something she knew how to do. Instead her fear of getting bullied had taken the better of her and the girl had been closed-off and decided not to let people get too close, in an attempt to not get hurt. Being surrounded by so many people had mare her anxious, so the girl made her way onto the centre of the great lawn in order to breathe in some fresh air and figure out what to do.

Elly was happy to be back at Hogwarts. Her break consisted of work at the Magical Managerie and doing muggle chores the latter wasn't very interesting to say the least. Elly wanted to get a headstart with Herbology and decided to sneak out of the castle and make her way to the Greenhouses. On her way to the greenhouses she spotted a girl. She looked young so Elly figured it was a first year. She looked overwhelmed and it reminded Elly of how she had experienced her first year. ''Hey are you alright?'' Elly asked ''I am Elizabeth, but just call me Elly''

Nova was so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed the other girl walking towards her. She jumped at the sudden sound of a voice, only to quickly resume her posture. "I, uhm, I'm fine." She answered as she took in the girl. She was definately a couple of years older than Nova was and it had her wondering whether she might get some good advice from the older girl. She, however, wasn't just going to put her problems out in the open, but that didn't mean she couldn't introduce herself like a decent person. "I'm Nova."

Elly smiled broadly the answer the girl gave her felt a tad bit forced, but Elly didn't want to push it. She knew how scary older years could be for a first year. Especially when you just arrived to a school that had the size of a small village. It was incredible to see all the students fit inside the castle. ''You are a first year right?'' Elly asked ''What are you most excited for at the school?''

Nova nodded when the older girl asked her whether she was a first year, wondering if the girl could tell by her looks or if she had seen her at the sorting ceremony. Both seemed equally logical. “I am.” She answered, trying to figure out if she could guess exactly hpw much older the other girl is, but figuring the chances of her being wrong were larger than those of her being right. “I’m not really sure,” Nova replied to the question the girl asked her, “At the moment everything here is just... a lot.” She tried to smile, not wanting the girl to know how much she was struggling, but for some reason putting up a tough exterior in front of the older girl was a lot harder than around the kids her age.

Elly was right they girl was a first year, which wasn't very hard to guess since Elly had been at the sorting ceremony. The answer that Nova gave on her question wasn't odd. Hogwarts could come off as overwhelming. For some people it was a whole new world inside the world they knew. ''Is there anything I can do to help?'' Elly didn't want to be rude or anything, but the girl seemed to be struggling.

Nova wasn't really sure of what to do right now. The older girl seemed to very friendly, but she didn't want to put her struggle out in the open, let alone bore the girl with it. "I don't think so. I think I'll just have to figure it out myself." She answered the girl with a small smile. "Thanks for asking, though." Nova was ready to get on with her day, but changed her mind and curiously looked at Elly. "How did you manage all of ... this?" She asked, gesturing around her with her arms. "In your first year?"

The girl finally seemed to open up to Elly. She confessed what was bothering her and Elly could definetly relate. ''I agree with you it is a lot, but don't force it to make sense, it will make sense when its time.'' Elly knew her answer was vague, but there wasn't a perfect answer. It was different for everyone. ''When the lessons start, you will get some structure and then all of this'' Elly gestured around with her arms 'is going to make sense'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back