Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Pear Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Lily was kicking around a few ideas for her future, with it being so imminent. Thinking of her future had brought several things to the front of her mind, including her fear of reliving her mothers past. In an attempt to reach out to her friends to make sure they would remain her friends, she had decided to seek out Lars first. She'd seen Elliot on the way to school, and she wanted to talk to a few more people before school was over. She hurried through the corridors, eyes lighting up as she spotted the tall Ravenclaw. "Lars! Lars, wait for me," She called, hurrying after him and hoping he had heard her.

It was difficult for Lars to focus on anything, his mind was constantly wandering back to Blake and when he could see the Slytherin next. He had been spoiled with the other boy staying with him over the break, and now he was used to getting to see Blake whenever he wanted. Unfortunately, they were both fairly busy at school. Lars as a prefect and both of them as Quidditch captains. He hoped he could sit with Blake at dinner tonight, at least. Lars was shaken out of his thoughts when someone called his name, he slowed his pace and looked behind him to see Lily approaching him. He smiled and waved at her. "Hi Lily."

Lily came out of the crowd, giggling breathlessly. "There you are, hi," She greeted, smiling brightly up at him. "How-" She started, but her eyes widened as she saw the lip ring. "Lars," Her smile brightened, and she giggled. "What is that? When did you- that's really cool, it looks great on you," she complimented. It reminded her of Onyx, and she made a mental note to go see him.

Lars flushed a little as he saw Lily's gaze move to his lip, and he fought the urge to hide it behind his hand. He wondered why he had done something like that when he hated people staring at him or standing out in any way. But it had felt right at the time. "Uh, it's a piercing. Over break. And uh, thanks." He said a little sheepishly.

Lily giggled, nodding and reaching to lace her arm through his. "You know I haven't seen you in ages, wanna go sit and chat somewhere?" She asked, looking up to him with bright eyes.

Lars easily let Lily take his arm and nodded at her question, shrugging a bit. "Sure... It's been a while, but mostly because we just had a break." He told her with a slight smile. "You lead the way." He added gently, happy to let Lily decide where they'd sit.

Lily winced as he mentioned the break. "I hope you had a better break than I did," She sighed, placing her hand over her other in the crook of his elbow. "I can't believe it's our last year," She mused softly, leading him slowly down the hall. "Lars, um," she looked away a moment before glancing up at him. "I'm worried. When my mom graduated, she lost everything. Her family, her friends. Everyone she went to school with forgot her." She tightened her grip a little on his arm, looking away and tucking her hair behind her ear. "We... we're still going to be friends, aren't we? You're not just... going to fly off into the sunset with Blake and I'll never see you again?" She asked, peeking up at him again.

Lars frowned as Lily mentioned her break having been bad. "Oh? What happened?" He asked her, wondering if something was going on with her siblings or something. "My break was pretty good." He said, not sure if he should mention that was mostly because of Blake.

He listened as Lily listed her concerns about graduating, frowning a bit at her words. He blinked down at her. "How could you think I would forget you after graduation?" He asked her, a little hurt that she would think so. Was she still thinking about the time when he and Elliot had broken up? She had seemed to see that as him abandoning her, too. "Of course we'll be friends." He said. "I need more people than just Blake in my life."

Lily hesitated, realizing she hadn't told Lars about Jasper. She sighed. "I had... kind of been seeing someone, casually. It wasn't... a big deal, really, but..." she bit her lip, her hold on Lars' arm tightening ever so slightly. "When I asked him if he thought we could ever be anything more, he couldn't give me an answer, so I... I ended it." She shook her head, looking down glumly at her feet.

She relaxed a little when he reassured her, looking up to him and smiling softly. "I'm sorry. My mother lost everything when she graduated. And I... Well, every romance I've been involved in has ended badly. I guess I was starting to worry maybe I would graduate the way she did." She shook her head, looking up to him with a shy smile. "But I should have more faith in you."

Lars frowned when Lily said she had been seeing someone but that it had ended badly. "I'm... proud of you for doing that." He said, knowing that wouldn't have been easy for her. "Do you want me to jinx him or something?" He asked as it felt like that was the sort of thing friends would offer.

He listened as she explained about her mother. "That sucks." He told her with a small shrug. "But... your friends won't just leave you." He said quietly. "And... you'll find someone to date, someone good for you." He said quickly. "We're still young, you know. And who knows if relationships can even really last at this age." He said, wincing slightly. It was a worry he'd had, about Blake. Mostly because he knew Blake had very little else left, and he worried what would happen to him if they ever broke up.

Lily sighed softly, leaning her head on his shoulder. "No, it's okay, but thank you. I can't have you jinxing someone every time my love life fails." She almost made a degrading comment but she held her tongue. She needed to stop putting herself down. She smiled softly as he reassured her, but her smile faded as he spoke. She paused, reaching up for his face. "Lars? Is everything alright with you and Blake?" She asked softly, worry creasing her brow.

Lars smiled a bit and shrugged at Lily when she said she couldn't have him jinxing someone every time her love life failed. "I think you'd jinx Blake if it was necessary." He said with a slight smile, trying to imagine it. But when she asked if everything was okay with them, he blushed and quickly nodded. "Yeah, everything is fine." He said quickly. "I didn't mean to say it wasn't. But we're seventeen... it's not like we know for sure it will last forever." He said quietly. "How many couples at Hogwarts do you think last past graduation?"

Lily considered his comment a moment, before nodding. "Yes, you're probably right. If he hurt you badly, I would be very upset. I made him a treat basket!" She laughed lightly, nudging Lars arm with her own. "Lars, you're starting to sound like Elliot. Instead of worrying when it will end, focus on what you have. Sure, you may not be together always, but you could also die any day. Just enjoy your life. You love him, he loves you, just cherish it while it lasts." She smiled brightly, before giggling. "And then I can jinx him when you break up in ten years," she teased, winking.

Lars smiled weakly when Lily reminded him she had made his boyfriend a treat basket. He still marveled at Lily sometimes, wondering how she had found it in herself to forgive Blake even more quickly than Lars had. He knew Elliot still wasn't on board, not to mention how much Nell clearly disapproved. It was nice that Lily was encouraging, but it felt a little strange too. "I think you'll find me and Elliot are fairly similar when it comes to the worrying department." He said with a slight smile. "I'll try to keep that in mind." It was weird to hear Lily say the word 'love' about him and Blake, but Lars didn't contradict her. "Deal, but it better be a good jinx." He joked.

Lily giggled softly, reaching to lace her arm through his. "Well, you both have me, too, so that's something," she teased him, shaking her head. She laughed as he said it better be a good jinx, and pretended to think it over. "Orrrrrrrrr I can spend a month slipping potions into his drinks. Do you remember in first year when we all had to try those unlabeled potions?" She asked, giggling softly at the memory.

Lars laughed and gave Lily a slight nudge. "Right, and you never worry too much." He joked, raising his eyebrows a little. He smiled when Lily said she could spend a month slipping potions into his drinks, though he couldn't imagine how she could do that easily. "I remember, that was so long ago..." He said, a little sadly. "I'm going to miss Hogwarts." He added on a sigh.

Lily giggled softly, rubbing her thumb lightly over his arm. "Oh, of course not," she winked playfully. Her smile faded though as he said he would miss school. She nodded slowly in agreement, unthinkingly walking a little closer to him. "I'm going to miss it, too," she murmured. "I'm going to miss you and Elliot the most, I think." She sighed softly, squeezing his arm. "We need to meet often, okay?" She turned her best, pleading blue eyes up at him. "At the very very least, once a month. But I'd rather once a week." she gave him her best pout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back