Forever and Always

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
It was a warm December afternoon and on a small beach on the northern coast of New Zealands North Island the scene was calm. Waves lapped up upon the sandy shores as the sun was slowly starting to sink behind the horizon. Off to the side a very small looking tent was set up opposite of another small tent and inside one of them was where Kailey Paramore sat, her back straight in an antique ornate chair as she put the final touched on her hair and makeup. She took a deep breath and stood up from her chair, finally slipping into her wedding dress and putting in the final touches of her whole wedding look. She slowly walked over to the full length mirror and gasped as she saw her reflection, it looked so... strange. She was the bride; this was a fact that Kailey still couldn't hardly believe. Before the sun set she would be married to the greatest person she could think of. Demitris Harrington; the love of her life. She turned around and looked toward her three bridesmaids, Katalina Vanderhol, Rhyspa Aireous Marinescu, and Estrella Styx as well as her mother and sisters. "If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up." she told them with a small waver in her voice. The mixture of emotions she felt were unbelievable, as this point Kailey just hoped she didn't pass out from emotion overload. This was amazing.

The bridesmaids' dresses spoke volumes of Kailey's taste, her wedding dress even more so. Estrella was all smiles today. Her mood was quite the improvement, considering the events of the past half year or so. She couldn't be anything less than thrilled for her friend. Not so long ago, she had been in the same predicament, swelling with nervousness, excitement, and a million other emotions on her own special day. Kailey just had to be wrapped in bliss and swaddled with joy.

Observing Kailey, the eldest of the bridesmaids wasn't sure what to say. Kailey and Demitris owned the perfect words today. Estrella finally managed to choke something out that was lamer than a unicorn with gangrene. "You're gorgeous, Kailey. Forget waking up; you should worry more about catching Demitris when he sees you! He's going to pass out cold!"

This was the day, Demitris was no longer going to be a man that could be free, but that is not what he wanted. He wanted that 'chain and ball strapped to his ankle'. He had a man of honor, Jaken, and another man to stand with him but almost refused to wear a tux, Dietrich. They were with him right now, and there was another man, someone Demitris had come close to thanks to Jaken, Chavdar, who was helping things set up around the tents to get the ceremony going. Demitris let out a sigh and he said, "Man, this is it. I will be a husband after this." Demitris was already nervous enough without his friends there. Wherever Hayden was, was beyond him. However, he did invite Svetlana but only because she had changed. Supposedly. Demitris tightened his tie up and he turned to his friends. He let out a soft sigh, and he walked out of the tent. They chose a great location, the beach. It was warm outside, so Jaken didn't need that cane of his. Demitris wouldn't let his friend suffer. He walked up the aisle in his spot, and he bit his lip. His insides were in knots - no - more like braided into a million strands. What if something went wrong? But, that was highly unlikely.

Jaken stood with Demitris, and oddly enough, remembered all the good times he had with his cousin and best friend in Durmstrang. What was rather bad for Demitris is that his father did not want to come, but he was out of his mind anyway. Jaken didn't remember his own marriage, his own wedding, but he was not about to ruin his best friend's moment. "Don't worry, man. You'll do fine. Just don't pass out," Jaken said, and wondered if he passed out in his own wedding. Something he would have to ask Estrella after the ceremony. Jaken gave a smile toward Demitris, and left the tent with him. He walked - or limped slightly - with Dietrich and Demitris and then balanced next to Demitris with a smile on his face. Both men could fix up well, but it was child's play when it came to the women. They could spend hours getting ready and look perfect, and still look perfect when they get up in the morning. Jaken took a deep breath, and just hoped that Demitris didn't faint. It wasn't like Jaken was in shape to catch him.

Well, Dietrich shifted uncomfortably in his tux. Sure, he looked good, so said himself, but he didn't like the feeling of looking manly. He argued up and down last night with the groom about wearing a tux because Dietrich wanted a dress, but he said no. Dietrich sighed and he gave a comforting pat to Demitris as they walked out of the tint and went to their spots to stand and prepare for the ceremony. Dietrich stood high and proud of his best friends, and found himself wanting to get married too. Could boys marry other...no, Michael might not want a serious commitment right now. But Dietrich was hoping. He could dream, right? He stood in the middle of Jaken and Chavdar, and coughed a bit. All of these men could really look good. It was all a tease, but Dietrich thought that Michael was still the best looking man there was.

This was the second time in the last six months that Kat had been in one of her best friends weddings...it seemed that the former Gryffindor was to always be a bridesmaid and never a bride. At least not any time soon and she was okay with that for now. She grinned widely as her friend seemed nervous, but Kat knew that Kailey would be just fine. The ex-Ravenclaw had always had a sound head on her shoulders and just as she had known that Rhyspa was ready she now knew that Kailey was ready to be a wife. At her friends words she waltzed right on over to her and pinched her on the arm saying with a sly grin, "I'm pretty sure that hurt which means you're not dreaming...plus Estrella's right, he's gonna fall over when he sees you." Kailey looked gorgeous and today was going to be a perfectly wonderful day for a wedding.

Rhyspa smoothed out her dress and slipped on her shoes just as Kailey was finishing up on her bridal look. Kailey looked absolutely wonderful in her gown. Rhyspa grinned at her friend, "Honestly Kailey, have you looked at yourself? He won't be able to keep his hands off of you!"

The smile on Kaileys face was a mile wide as the days emotions continued to sink into her as her friends all began to speak in turn. Her sisters and mother showering her in praise as well as she saw a few stray tears well up in her mothers eyes before she and the rest of them went to take their seats, leaving the tent empty except for the bridesmaids and herself. She rubbed the spot where Kat had pinched her, causing her to yelp a bit. "Thanks for that Kat." she said jokingly sticking her tongue out at the younger girl which looked downright comical on the blushing bride. She couldn't help but let out a giggle as all three agreed he would either have trouble standing or keeping his hands off of her when he saw her. "Well let's just hope someone can catch him then." she said with a small chuckle before poking her face out from the crack in the tent flap. Everything was ready for the bridemaids to set themselves up and then her walk down the aisle. "Okay you guys it's time..." she said with a deep breath. She was getting married!

Jonathan didn’t know why he was so nervous as he paced outside the area where his sister, nieces and the bridesmaids were getting ready; it wasn’t like he was the one getting married. As he paced he fiddled with the cufflinks on his shirt, wondering what was taking them so long, then again he knew better than to rush them so he stayed well away from the ladies until they came to him. When he was approached to give his niece away he was surprised to say the least. He had only known Kailey as his niece for a year or so now but he had accepted it regardless. He had a lot of time to make up for not knowing part of his family and he liked to take any opportunity to do so. After a short time had passed and the ceremony was due to start Jonathan saw his sister and other nieces leave the tent to take their seats; he knew it was about time for Kailey to make her way down the aisle. Taking back the flap of the tent he kept it open for the Kailey and the bridesmaids to make their way out. “You all look stunning ladies.” he said with a smile as he saw them all together, paying particular attention to just how stunning Kailey looked in her wedding dress.

Kat was practically jumping with anticipation when Kailey's uncle came to gather them. "Thanks Professor Spenser...you're looking kind hot yourself. I can say that now that you're not my professor you know," she said laughing as they all lined up, ready to take their places to precede Kailey down the aisle. The brunette hugged her best friend tightly and said, "You look beautiful! And just remember that it doesn't matter what you look like now or what you're wearing because in a few hours it's all going to be laying on a pile on the floor anyways." She winked and then waggled her eyebrows slightly before taking her place.

'Spa picked up her bouquet as Kailey's uncle told them they were ready to start. She practically snorted with laughter as Kat told him he was hot. "Got your sights set on someone new then, Katalina? Harker not good enough?" Rhyspa teased. She moved to get in line with her fellow bridesmaids and went to hug her best friend. "It's nerve-racking, isn't it? You'll be wonderful," Rhyspa smiled. Out of the trio, she'd always been the one to boost the others confidence and take care of them, it was her nature.

Estrella giggled as Kat told Jonathan Spenser exactly what she thought of his appearance. That was a very Kat-like thing to do, after all; the former Ravenclaw wasn't shocked in the slightest. "Why thank you, Jon," Estrella laughed, nodding at him as he held up the flap, "You don't look too shabby, either." Spenser had never been one of her teachers, rather, her coworker, so the impulse to call him Professor had all but died off. While she didn't know him all that well, she remembered getting into a rather engaging conversation with him about sixteenth century witch burnings.

She smiled at Kailey as she took her place. Their part in the procession wasn't so far away now. "Yeah, what Kat and 'Spa said." Estrella grinned, adding mischievously, "Don't worry, Kailey; this is the easy part! Before you know it, you'll hear now you may kiss the bride."

Jonathan watched as each of the Bridesmaids came out of the tent and took their place. Jonathan’s eyes widened at Katalina Vanderhol’s comment. He remembered her as being a rather fun loving girl and harmless in her ways. Coughing slightly he replied, “Well, Miss Vanderhol! I didn’t know you felt that way about me but I don’t know how your boyfriend would feel about sharing.” Trying his hardest to keep a straight face he felt the corner of his mouth twitching slightly. Why bother to be the stick in the mud today of all days, plus Katalina or any of these girls were no longer his students so there was nothing to keep him from joking along with them. “Thank you ladies.” he said to the other girsl with a smile on his face as he walked closer to Kailey. “You look lovely.” he said with a reassuring smile on his face “Let’s do this.” he added as he hooked his arm for Kailey, knowing he wouldn’t have to say else as her friends had pretty much said everything there was to say.

Kailey quickly stepped back from the flaps of the tent as she saw her uncle approaching them. Getting one last quick look at herself in the mirror in disbelief at what she saw before turning her attention over to Jon and her three best friends as they all began to prepare for their parts of the ceremony. She let out a snicker and a snort when her Maid of Honor; in typical Katalina fashion, managed to hit on somebody [jokingly of course] and make Kailey go cherry red with her innuendo about the events of Kaileys wedding night. Kailey wasn't a prude by any means but her face still flushed. Kailey returned her hug and Rhyspas with gusto, something about having two girls with her who had already experienced this made it all a bit easier, not that she didn't want to be married, just the whole thing still had her nervous as hell, what if she tripped walking up the aisle? What if she passed out? She pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind as she returned Estrellas smile, "Thank you so much guys... I couldn't have done this without you all." she told them before wrapping them all up in one last hug before letting them loose to walk up to their spots with the groomsmen.

Now that the two were the only ones in the tent Kailey poked her uncle in the side lightly, "Am I going to be attending another wedding soon?" she joked with him at Kat's comment. As she heard the bridal march began to play she quickly took her uncles arm and the two began to walk, there was a bit of distance between the tent and the actual aisle. "But seriously, thank you so much for doing this for me." she said to him, her gratefulness showing clearly through her voice. At the next step they turned and were at the end of the relatively short aisle, the look of happiness on her face was indescribable as the two advanced towards the alter, Kaileys eyes never leaving her [very] soon to be husband. It seemed like an eternity passed, yet at the same time Kailey felt they had finished the walk before she could blink an eye, When asked who gave her away by the priest Jonathan did his part and after giving her one last look of assurance he took his own seat as Kailey moved those last few steps and turned to face her groom.

They were getting married.

Jonathan rolled his eyes as he chuckled softly at Kailey’s question about a wedding of his own. "I think it's safe to say no, unless Mr Harker proposes sometim soon." he said simply, leaving the topic for now. Maybe one day Jonathan would have his own wedding but hopefully not to a woman over half his age and an ex student. When the music started and Kaliey took his arm he smiled down at her. “Really, it’s my honour.” he told her. If he never did get married and had his own daughter to have the opportunity to give away his niece was more than enough for him. As the two walked down the aisle he smiled with pride as he watching Kaliey, oh how he missed the fact that he didn’t get to see her or her sisters for that fact grow up into the woman they were today. When they reached the top of the aisle he replied to the priest and handed Kaliey over to the man that was soon to become her husband. Kissing her softly on the cheek he turned and took his seat as he waited for the ceremony to begin.

This was it, and there was no backing out of it. He took a deep breath, gave a nervous smile to the priest which in turn turned into a nervous chuckle. The older man that was not her dad gave her up, and Demitris vaguely wondered who that was. He shrugged lightly, and his green eyes feasted upon Kailey. She was a glorious sight, and he would have fallen over if he had not prepared himself. Thus, the ritual began, and the nervousness was still evident, but happiness was as well. Demitris listened, and took her hand into his, and it came time for the vows. With a strong voice, and a confidence that only she could give him, he began, "Kailey Paramore, I promise to love you forever, as I have come to believe you are my soulmate. You have shown me the light, and I promise to be the light and guide into the uncertainness of our future. I promise to bring you to health when you are sick, I promise to be there for you in every way possible. I promise as your new husband that I will never bring you any harm, any sadness, any negativity. I promise to cherish you, in all the small times and large obstacles that we will face." Demitris finished his vows, and he waited to hear her own.

The sky above the whole affair was beautiful, painted a whole array of colors that were absolutely breathtaking, something Kailey normally would have stopped to marvel at. But on that day nothing mattered to her more than the man standing right in front of her, the man who she had met by pure chance on that warm November day years ago, the first chapter of the rest of her life. Kailey listened intently as the priest started the whole ceremony, saying his parts before it was her loves turn to speak. As the words flowed from his mouth to her, Kailey drank every bit in, her silvery blue eyes never leaving his own emerald orbs as bit by bit all the emotions of the day melted into the background. Leaving within her a sense of what could only be described as pure love and bliss on the highest level.

When he was finished she knew it was time to say her own. She had slaved over these for hours trying to get them right, and even then wondered if she would be able to remember them. As soon as she began to speak she realized this was a worry she needn't have held. "Demitris Harrington, as the poet Rilke said, 'This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love. The more they give, the more they possess.' You are the most generous, loving, unselfish, amazing person I have ever known. I promise to love you the rest of my days and beyond as we make our way into the unknown abyss of the future. I thank god everyday that I found you to share the rest of my life with. I promise to cherish you, care for you, be there for you in any way I possibly can, respect you, support you in all of your goals, and love you unconditionally through all that we will face from this day forward and for the rest of our lives." she finished her vows with the biggest smile on her face as she gazed at Demitris, filled to the brim with emotion.

Her vows, in Demitris' eyes totally overpowered his own. Both had spoken from the heart so that was all he wanted and all he wanted to hear. The love between them was powerful, and now they were going to get married. They would be under the name of Harrington. The priest continued to say his own part. The vows were said, and now for the wedding rings. It was something that matched the engagement ring, and both matched. Demitris slipped it on her left ring finger, and secured the fact that they were just a few words from just being husband and wife. It was beautiful. Demitris dared to glance over at his mother who was so proud of him, and just wiping the tears from her eyes. Demitris smiled over at the life giver, before he turned his attention to Kailey. "Do you, Demitris Harrington, take Kailey Paramore to be your wedded wife, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?" Demitris breathed, his voice just above a sweet murmured, "I do."

To Kailey neither set of vows overpowered the others, they were both spoken from the very bottom of the heart and the deepest depths of the soul as stepping stones and promises to be sealed in the eternal bond the two were about to step into, though that wasn't to say they weren't meaningful. Because lord only knew just how meaningful they were to both parties. She listened as the priest said his part, her last moments under the name of Kailey Paramore ticking away. She too took a brief moment to look out to her family, her mother and all of her sisters in a row, tears of happiness and in Juanitas case pride in their eyes, and her uncle Jon who was smiling up at her, Kailey and her sisters currently being the closest thing he had to daughters. But her attention was soon focused back on the ceremony. She looked down at her hand as Demitris slipped that small braided wedding band onto her slender left ring finger before finally hearing the two magic words. "I do." they rang in her ears as he sealed his commitment to her forever. Taking the ring in her own hand she slid it onto his left ring finger at the right moment before listening to the priests words to her. "Do you, Kailey Paramore, take Demitris Harrington to be your wedded Husband, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?" without a shadow of a doubt Kailey answered, her voice full of love. "I do."

"May we all now pause and reflect upon the beauty of these lovers, the beauty and wonder of life. We all wish these two as many days of perfect love and perfect trust that life can bring. By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride!" the priest said enthuiastically.

No sooner had the words been spoken did Kailey feel herself enveloped in love as her lips were claimed in a slow, tender, loving kiss from Demitris Harrington.

Her Husband.

Demitris listened to her say those two words, and that was it. The next part he had experience in, but he was not about to do so much where that man that gave Kailey up would smack him across the head and say, That's enough! No, Demitris wanted this to be perfect, but now that he thought about it, anything was perfect with Kailey at his side. Smiling from ear to ear, he leaned down and he kissed Kailey with love and gentleness that he had always had in his heart. "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Harrington!" boomed the priest, and Demitris beamed as he stared into Kailey's eyes, his arm wrapping around her waist. He was proud to have a girl like Kailey. He glanced at the crowd, and he was truly the happiest man on earth right now. Next would come the honeymoon, and truth be told, he was nervous about that as well.

Kailey heard the words Mr.and Mrs. Harrington boom out from the priest to the crowd and that filled her with a sense of wholeness she had never felt before. Mrs. Harrington... Kailey Harrington. different variations of the name filled her mind and it was very odd. Nice but it would definitely take some getting used to. But of course it would be much, much more than worth it to spend the rest of her life with the man within whos arms she was nestled. "I love you so much Demitris." she told him softly, placing another quick kiss on his lips. She reluctantly turned away from him as it was time for them to retreat back down the aisle as man and wife, she just didn't want to look away from him. So they advanced back up the aisle slowly, his arm still around her waist. The bridesmaids and groomsmen following in pairs. The reception would be starting up soon and then started the Honeymoon. That would be interesting to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back