Ford is practicing

"kiera, you're a chaser too, right?" kendall said to her... "so how about this: i can be a keeper for ford and river can be your keeper, and you and i can trade off some-time in the middle if you want??" she replied... hoping she wasn't making the situation any more complicated..

(((i dont know if ^that will work? just trying to make it work!)))

((I meant to have a keeper and chaser per team. Oops.))

"Sounds good to me," River said smiling at Kierra. "It's you and me. Sorry if I'm not that great at keeper," she winked. "Let's go!" River said as she took her position at the goal posts nearest her.

"yea.. that sounds good!" kendall said as she positioned herself at the opposite goal posts... "heads up, ford!" she yelled, passing him the quaffle she had purchased earlier that day...

Ford was already moving when Kendall tossed the quaffle towards him. He looked behind him and caught it with an outstretched hand. He did a barrel roll off to the left and looked for Kiera. The wind was beginning to blow harder, and far off on the horizon there were storm clouds. Alright, this is going to get interesting, he thought, excited.

Kiera grinned at River. "Thats good with me. Ill try not to get too mad." she said jokingly. Then she took off after Ford. Kiera was right on Ford's tail. She mimicked the motions he did and looked for an oppertunity to get the Quaffle.

Ford couldn't see Kiera around, so he slowed a little and pulled up sharply. He was aiming for the hoops, but keeping his eyes open for his opposing chaser. He, by chance, looked behind him and saw Kiera close behind him. In his shock, he started veering off to the right, towards the stands. He turned his head around just in time to see the stands coming at him at an alarmingly fast speed. He yanked left quickly and took off full speed for the hoops, but as he pulled out of his near miss, the quaffle jostled loose and began falling downwards behind him.

Kiera snatched the Quaffle out of the air. She checked making sure Ford didnt hit the stands. Kiera didnt want him to get hurt. Quickly she turned her broom. She sped towards the oppisite side of the field. She gripped the Quaffle tight and looked backwards for a sign of Ford.

As soon as Ford noticed the absence of the quaffle he kicked the rear of his broom out around him, throwing his inertia against his broom's acceleration, and the inertia quickly gave out to the broom and it began to fly after Kiera quickly. Cursing himself for his mistake, Ford leaned forward, pushing the broom to full speed. His eyes began to tear up, as he was flying into the oncoming wind at high velocities. When he got relatively close to Kiera, he slowed and dove down to about fifteen feet below her. With a sudden kick up speed, he shot upwards past her, attempting to scare her into dropping the quaffle. He immediately commenced maneuvers to catch the ball, if he was successful.

Kendall saw Ford drop the ball, and watched to see if he would hit the stands... he just missed, but all of a sudden she saw kiera come up with the ball, as she started to fly her way.. "Ford! Get back here!" she yelled, as he caught up and passed kiera... man was he fast, she thought to herself...

she then saw ford try to make kiera drop the quaffle, and she hoped he was successful. if not, kendall knew kiera would be shooting the quaffle.. kendall prepared herself and got into position to make the save....

Kiera was scared by Ford but managed to hang on to the Quaffle. She neared the goals she noticed that Kendall was at the far left post. Kiera turned sharply towards the far right post. She aim and hurled the Quaffle towards the far right goal post.

She had hoped Kiera would go for the right post... kendall was much better at diving to the left than to her right side... as Kiera turned to the right, kendall passed the center post and flung herself at the right post, hoping kiera wouldn't turn again...

the quaffle came hurling towards the hoop, and kendall nearly missed it, however, she made the save right in time...

the quaffle smacked her directly in her chest, knocking her several feet backwards.. somehow she managed to hold onto it.. wow, she had a wicked hard shot, she thought to herself...

once kendall had steadied herself on her broom, she waited for ford to come into sight and passed the ball hard directly at him.. "heads up, Ford!"

Ford looked over and grabbed the quaffle and tucked it close to him, he was adapting and learning from his mistake. He pulled forward down the field, he was moving extremely fast, as the wind was with him. He pulled down a few feet above the ground and raced forward, he looked behind him to see where Kiera was.

Kiera saw Ford dive. Hm maybe I can scare him.. She sped up and got ahead of him and then dived. When he turned to look for her she swooped down and turned around facing him while flying backwards. She was quite proud of herself as this was a difficult and tricky move.

Not seeing Kiera behind him, Ford turned around and saw her flying in front of him, facing him. Ford jumped, but luckily he was holding onto the quaffle tight enough, having learned his lesson from the previous attempt. He pulled up immediately, still surprised but moving, to a completely vertical move. He quickly flattened out and sped towards the hoops. When he got in range, he picked a hoop that wasn't guarded and threw the quaffle at it, as hard as possible.

River had been watching the game pan out, and almost cheered when her teammate almost scored. Good save, she thought as Kendall blocked the goal. All of a sudden the game was heading her way. She became very nervous as Ford flew closer and closer to her.

River was hovering infront of the middle hoop and saw, a little too late, that Ford threw the quaffle towards the left. She lunged as hard as she could for the quaffle, but just missed it. She felt the ball hit her fingertips as she saw it soar through the hoop. Slightly disappointed in herself she said, "Sorry," to Kierra. She flew down to catch the falling quaffle, and hovered back up even with the hoops. She saw Kierra nearby and threw the quaffle to her. It was starting to sprinkle on the Pitch, and River thought to herself, I need to pay more attention to where Ford's shooting.

((Sorry guys...I was really sick the last couple of day, but I'm back now))

Kiera caught the Quaffle and smiled at River. "Its ok!" she said before she took off down the field towards Kendall. She looked for Ford and saw he was right on her tail. Lets see if I can lose him...All of a sudden she pulled a 90 degree turn upwards 20 feet. Then just as suddenly she dove. Maybe that threw him... she thought as quickly glanced over her shoulder.

((its ok! I hope you feel better!!))

((its fine.. get better!))

"Nice goal Ford!" Kendall yelled to the other side of the pitch, hoping he could hear her...

Kiera began to come her way once again... she pulled an amazing move, turning straight up and then diving back down again... kendall wasnt sure if ford would fall for it, but then again, kiera's move would have lost most people..

Although not ready for exactly what Kiera did, Ford was prepared for her to do something. She's a tricky one, he had thought. Just after she pulled up, Ford pulled up to a less severe angle and put himself between her and the hoops. Suddenly she began diving, to Ford's surprise. Luckily, Ford had not been going upwards at such a high angle as Kiera, and this allowed him to recover quickly. He pulled forward and waited to fly downwards immediately in front of Kiera when she leveled out.

Kiera saw Ford flying just a little in front and above her. She smiled to herself. She stopped dead air then pulled up suddenly so she was a little ways above and behind Ford. When they came about ten yards from the hoop, Kiera's broom gave a burst of speed. She chunked the Quaffle as hard as she could towards an open hoop...

kendall saw kiera throw the ball towards the far open hoop, however, she knew it would be hard to get there in time.. kendall flew as fast as she could to the far hoop and watched the quaffle fly by just wide of the far side of the hoop... it then dropped down towards the ground...

she hoped ford would be the first person to get to the quaffle in time, however, kiera wasn't too far from the ball either....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back