Ford is practicing

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
It was a cold and foggy morning. Ford had awoken early because he was having trouble sleeping, and decided to practice flying a little now that he was on a quidditch team. He was very pleased with his team, they all seemed to know what they were doing, even if Liz and Courtney were quite goofy.

Ford sauntered down to the quidditch pitch, the morning sun was barely over the treeline, and cast long shadows on the ground. He had his broomstick slung over his shoulder as he walked onto the pitch, and he unslung it when he reached the middle.

He straddled the broom and floated upwards a few feet before taking in his surroundings. There was nobody around, and no noise. Just the crickets in the morning dew. He spun his broom, off by the edge of the forest, he could just barely make out a deer through the fog.

He set off towards one end of the field and began doing laps around the pitch, weaving in and out of the stands.

Kendall walked down to the quidditch pitch and saw someone doing laps around the pitch... "Hi!" she yelled to him.. "Do you mind if I join you?"

SHe hoped he had heard her.. kendall needed to break in her broom before the games started.. she mounted her broom and began to fly upward as she awaited his reply....

Ford heard something as he was flying around the pitch. He looked around until he saw a first year girl he'd never seen before fly upwards towards him. He pulled around to a stop, he wasn't used to people coming and talking with him. He cocked his head to the right as the girl approached him. His green eyes were measuring the girl up and his black hair blew in the high winds that were coming in, "Hello."

"hi, i dont believe we've met. I'm kendall." she said as she looked up to him with her big hazel eyes. Once she had reached his level, she noticed his bright green eyes as he looked her way and the way his black hair blew in the wind... she just hovered there, and couldn't think of anything to say..
she had to say something.. "so, do you play quidditch?" she asked him...

Ford looked at Kendall dryly, "Ford Harkonnen. Slytherin." He cocked his head to the other side. "I play on the Valkyries. Yourself?"

River decided to get up early this morning and go down to the pitch. Maybe someone else will be there to fly with, she thought. It was quite cold out this morning, and River shivered a little as she walked onto the pitch. She saw two people already in the air, but because of the fog couldn't make out exactly who they were. Once she got closer to them, she noticed that it was her fellow teammate Kendall, and the boy that she had met in the Three Broomsticks the other day, Ford.

"Hey guys! How are you? Mind if I join you?" and before they could answer River stratled her broom, pushed off the ground, and was in the air hovering next to them. "Too bad if you did mind," she joked.

Ford recognized the girl, River, that's her name, and nodded to her as she approached. He floated his broom around to make room for her.

River looked over to Ford as he made room for her. "So, are you feeling better? You were slightly sloshed in the Three Broomsticks," she laughed.

Ford allowed the slightest smirk to cross his lips, "Much better," he said before his face returned to an impassive mask.

"I play on Kaela's team.. im a chaser.." she replied to Ford.. "what do you play?" she asked him when all of a sudden she heard someone yelling at them from the ground:
she then recognized the girl.. it was river from her quidditch team! "hey river... its fine if you join us..." she said as river had already joined them in the air....

"what's this about you in the 3 broomsticks?" she asked ford curiously... she could have sworn she had seen a smirk come across his face when river had asked him and she just had to hear this story...

Ford looked back to Kendall, "I, too, play chaser," he nodded with an air of seriousness. Then he looked at her, as if appraising her, seeing if she was worthy of the information to which River had referred. "I had had a little too much to drink in there the other day." He said matter-of-factly.

"dont worry, i completely understand!" she giggled... :lol: "thats pretty much happened to all of us at one time or another".....

River looked at the two of them. "Yeah, I was a little tipsy that day too," she laughed. "I remember about talking to Liz about being each other's pretty hair. Wow, that was interesting."

River looked back to Ford, "So were you practicing Quidditch or just flying in general?"

"I was just flying around," Ford said, "Working on my reaction time." He considered the two girls, he didn't really know Kendall, but River seemed alright enough, for a Hufflepuff. "We can practice, though," Ford suggested, cocking his head to the side.

"nice one river!" kendall chuckled...

"sure.. that sounds good!" kendall replied happily... she was really starting to feel at home.. she had met so many nice people in the short time she had been here...

Ford looked down and saw his fellow Valkyrie chaser, Kiera, walking onto the pitch. He nodded to her, "There's now four of us. We could do two on two." He proposed dryly to Kendall and River.

River saw a new girl walk onto the pitch. She then looked back to Ford, "Two on two sounds fun. Does anyone have Quidditch supplies?"

"We can get them from the shed," Ford said, devoid of emotion. He was getting into quidditch mode now, a place in which he had no emotion, just the goal of getting the quaffle through the hoops.

"Alright!" River said excited. "Should we just use the quaffle, or would you guys like to include the snitch as well?" She looked at her three classmates thinking, I hope that they don't want to use the bludgers too. That's a HUGE accident waiting to happen. She giggled to herself at the thought.

Ford pondered for a moment, stroking a yet invisible goatee, "No, let's just use the quaffle. Two keepers and two seekers; one per team each . Kendall and I are each chasers on teams, so we can practice here as chasers. Then you and Kiera can be keepers, unless you want to differently."

"That's fine with me," she said. "I just want to warn whoever is on my team, I'm a seeker, not a keeper, so bare with me." She smiled wide. She was actually excited about practicing as a keeper. River liked to try new things. "Alright, so who's on who's team? Does anyone have preferances?" She knew that they might not want her on their team since she has no experience as a keeper, so she left it totally up to them to decide.

"Two on two sounds great!" kendall said all of a sudden.. she had been staring into space for a couple minutes...

"so ford, who do you choose as your keeper?" kendall asked as she entered game mode....

Ford flipped a coin in his head, choosing between between the two. "Kendall can be on my team." He nodded.

((Alright I meant to say to keepers and two chasers back there. My bad. :blink: ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back