Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Although it was unlikely that he would actually admit it out loud, Isaiah was a little nervous for tonight. He wasn't completely sure why either. It wasn't like he hadn't gone to one of the school's dances with El before. He had and it had always been fun. But something had washed over him during their extra quidditch practice, made him lose his usual cool self for a moment, and he hadn't been to keen on it. He was already aware that he liked liked El but this had been new and it had taken him a while to realize that it had happened because he actually cared what she thought of him. With anyone else he didn't care so much, was confident enough to just be him and let things be. But with El he couldn't shake the feeling that he had to impress her in some way. Which was a difficult thing to do since she had so much more skills than he had. Not to mention she was the one to ask him to the ball, which just made it feel like impressing her with anything but his dazzling looks just wasn't going to happen. Which meant his looks would just have to do. After having made sure his suit was free of wrinkles Zay had made his way down to the entrance hall as he waited for El to arrive. If he could even spot her, because his sunglasses were making it near impossible to see anything in the dimly lit hallway. They served a purpose though, even if it was just for him to take them off in a totally cool way once El arrived.

Elara was feeling pretty confident, all things considered. This was like, a real date this time. Or at least, she thought it was. Sure, they'd hung out at dances, but they were getting older. Things were different. Her sisters, as usual, came through, and using some old fabric they'd found from an old act, had made her a dress for the ball. With extra sequence, Elara's midnight blue dress hugged her figure, something she wasn't uncomfortable with since she'd grown up wearing leotards. Wearing a pair of 3-inch heels to make seem just a little less short, the 5'3" Gryffindor made her way down to the Great Hall, looking for her date. It took her a moment, but the glasses-wearing "bro-dude" in the corner finally caught her attention. "Are the lights too bright for you?" she laughed after making her way over. She wasn't quite sure what the sunglasses were about, but Zay possibly had a good reason.

Isaiah was squinting his eyes behind his glasses, trying to figure out whether any student heading his way was El or not. He was looking the other way when she approached him, having found him before he had managed to notice her. "Nah, just wearing these because I was sure you'd dazzle me with whatever you'd be wearing." He grinned as he casually took them off again so he could actually look at El, which left him stunned for a second. "And now I see I was completely right." He added casually, now glad he had putten a little more effort into his outfit than he had done before so he didn't look like a fool next to her. They would totally make a good looking couple now that he thought about it. And he did find himself thinking about that. "Uh, so, just to be clear," Zay started, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. "This is like, a real date, right?"

Elara snickered at Zay's reply. She did not dazzle people unless she was flying through the sky, and event that was relatively natural to her now that it had lost its luster. "Well, Prince Charming, you look very dazzling yourself. I mean, look at this jacket," she joked as she ran her fingers over the pattern on his shoulder.

When the question arose about what this event was, Elara felt her chest tighten for a moment. Her sisters had been right in clarifying over and over again that this was in fact a date. Seeing as she had hung out with a boy during the past break and really thought it was just a friends (until he tried to kiss her), her sisters were worried she didn't understand how to tell these things. Elara though they were being a little over the top, but then again, there was really only one person she might be interested in kissing. So clarifying what this was would likely be important. "Oh my gosh, you thought this was a date? How embarassing," she started with all seriousness before giggling. "I think it's a date if you think it's a date." Hopefully, Zay and her were on the same page.

Isaiah was glad it was evening and the entrance hall was badly lit because he could feel some heat rising to his cheeks when El touched his shoulder. And blushing from such a simple thing would totally ruin his whole image within a second. "I try my best." He grinned in response before shoving his hands into his pockets, suddenly not sure what to do with them otherwise. Zay bit his lip for a second when El started replying to his question, almost wondering if she meant it. Almost. Untill she started giggling and he could feel a flash of relieve. "Then it's totally a date." He said with a confident nod before glancing towards the entrance to the great hall. "So," He started as held his hand out in the hopes she would take it. That's what people did on dates right? "Let's head in. What do you wanna do? I mean we could go dance if you'd survive being seen next to my terrible dance skills. Might just make yours look better though."

Elara thought for a moment that Zay didn't think this whole thing was a date due to his facial expression but was quickly relieved. Looking down at his hand, she hesistantly took hold, interlocking her fingers with his. While her hands were rough from years of calluses and chalk, Zay's were soft and slightly sweaty. Or maybe that was her own hand from how nervous she suddenly was. Either way, she started to walk forward with her date and breathed in the Yule Ball ambience.

In reality, Elara wasn't much of a dancer unless others were telling her how to do it. Plus, that was a specific kind of dance, not one most of her classmates seemed to be doing. However, she was here to enjoy herself, not win a dance contest. "I'm sure we'll match," she teased before dragging the boy with her onto the dance floor, attempting to spin herself under his arm before moving to the beat a little. "What do you think your worst dance move is?" she asked curiously, totally okay with them making fools of themselves tonight.

ooc: sorry if his hands aren't soft lol

Isaiah couldn't help but to grin when El took his hand after he had offered her, turning so they could start walking into the hall. Walking hand in hand. Which felt.. strange. But like a good kind of strange. Something he wasn't sure how to describe. There were probably fancy words for it somewhere, but none that he'd know of. He wasn't really the fancy type anyways. "You're sure? Really? You've probably never seen me dance then." Zay laughed when El dragged him onto the dancefloor, more than happy to lift his arm and guide her a little as she spun under his arm. "All of them." He responded to her question with a confident nod as he bopped along to the music. "And before you ask which I think is the best. That'd also be all of them. My moves are equally terrible and hilarious."

Elara thought it was reeeeeeally cute how Zay seemed less confidence all of a sudden. It was very contrasting to his usual self, but she wasn't mad at it. "Just as equally terrible as this?" she asked, before doing a very interesting interpretation of Gangam Style, a move her dads had showed her from their youth. As the music slowed down, she eventually stopped her rather bizarre movements as she laughed. "I guess our dance moves aren't super fitting now. Do you still want to dance?" she questioned nervously, as she'd forgotten that not all songs would be upbeat.

ooc: feel free to godmod dancing or things for elara since we're short on time :)

Isaiah laughed when El showed him a very curious dance move. "Pretty much, yeah." He grinned in response to her question, glad she didn't mind making a fool of herself either. At least that way he wouldn't be the only one. He joined her in showing off his terrible dance moves for a little while before noticing the music slow down. "Obviously." Zay nodded, taking her hand and pulling her a little closer as he started swaying to the music. "Y'know, I could get used to this." He grinned. It felt slightly odd to have El so close to him but not in a bad way. And he was more than happy to show off that she was his date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back