Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Michael
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pear Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Margo's heart was beating like a drum in her chest and she felt like any second someone would spot her and realize her house wasn't playing today and tell her to get lost. Of course she knew no one really cared if you went to games your house wasn't playing in but it was her real mission that had her stomach doing flips. Was she crazy to do this? She still had a whole semester of patrolling with Michael if he reacted badly. Maybe she could go to Molly or Felix and beg them to switch some partners around if it really went badly. But she wasn't crazy. Margo had felt something between them at the ball when they danced together. The time passed so easily between them and more than anything he made her feel special without empty compliments. She fiddled with the sleeve of her sweater as she waited to catch a glimpse of Michael before he disappeared into the locker rooms.

Last edited:
Third place playoffs were what they were. Michael couldn't deny a bit of disappointment they weren't in the cup match, but they could still save face a little. Honestly, Michael just wanted to look a bit better this time than he did in the last game, partially hoping that if he did look good, Margo would be watching (and if he failed, she wouldn't be). Of course, the team was his priority, but he couldn't help himself. He thought his crush would have eased off after a break but it hadn't. Maybe if Ravenclaw won, he'd finally say something to her instead of making excuses about patrols and the chance of failure.

Almost as if thinking about Margo had conjured her up, there she was at the entrance to the locker rooms - and Michael was immensely glad he wasn't too sweaty and gross yet. "Hey," he started, lifting his hand in a small wave. "Think the Gryffindors are the ones giving autographs, but I won't say no if you're wanting to join us. You'd look great in blue. Not that you don't look great in yellow, but, uh..." he trailed off, placing his hovering hand behind his neck. "Sorry. Pre-game nerves."

Margo's palms were starting to sweat the longer she waited and she was starting to worry she missed him and was just standing around like an idiot. So she was relieved when she heard Michael greet her. "Hi" she said a bit breathlessly before he started rambling and she smiled. "Oh I don't think you want me in the air." she said laughing. "But I do like...blue." she added and felt he face flush. "I'm sure you'll do great." she insisted. She wanted to sooth his nerves but she worried that kind of reassurance when her house was going to the final came out condescending. But it wasn't like she had anything to do with it. "Gryffindor will be asking for your autograph soon enough." she added with a grin. Her stomach did a little flip as she remembered what she was holding. "But I thought I might help with that and give you a good luck charm." she said and held up a small boutonniere from flowers from the Wild Patch garden and some ribbon she found at the bottom of her trunk. "It's just a little thing I made. I thought it might be nice...."

Last edited:
((coming back way too late I'm so sorry))

Michael's mind wandered for a second to the possibility of going flying with Margo, though it was probably both unromantic and not exactly an ideal sort of date. Even 'date' was probably stretching things, Michael thinking he was more than likely getting ahead of himself. He had to be realistic. Keep grounded, look at things logically. Like how logically, Margo was a very kind hearted person and he hadn't done anything to make her dislike him, but that didn't necessarily mean that there was anything more to it. It was surely just the fact that they were often together for patrols that meant she had come to wish him luck.

Though, when she pulled out the good luck charm she'd made, Michael felt himself at a little loss for words, his face rapidly heating up and an inexplicable rush of happiness surging to his chest. "I," he started, very carefully taking the gift with hands that were now trembling beyond the usual gameday nerves. "Wow. That's...wow," he managed, realizing he wasn't exactly being helpful but not quite sure how to articulate his feelings. Surely, surely this was a sign that maybe she actually did like him in the same way he liked her, and that he should stop being a coward and say something. Like asking her to the Valentine's dance, perhaps. He swallowed, looking at the charm for a few moments as he tried to realign his thoughts, still needing just one more push to take the plunge. "Gryffindor have no chance now," he said, awkwardly, finally looking up at Margo with a somewhat dopey grin. "Hey, so, um, if we win, would you mind, uh, meeting me here afterwards?" Then he'd definitely ask her to the dance, he decided. Sure, it would probably come down to Hamish's skills at catching the snitch, but even the logically minded Michael was now very much convinced that that would be the sign he needed. That Margo was truly amazing, and he'd be the biggest idiot in the entire school if he didn't actually shoot his shot.

Margo felt relieved when she wasn't immediately laughed at for her gift. Not that she expected Michael to do something that mean but her own insecurities had kept her from totally brushing off the possibility. She smiled at his comment about Gryffindor and reached for her gift. "Here, let me help." she said before pinning it to his uniform. It almost felt like something out of a book, as if she were a princess offering a token to a knight before a joust or something. Bludgers could be dangers but surely not that dangerous. She felt a rush standing so close to him and she quickly took a step back when she was done. "There, that looks nice." she said contently. She noticed Michael's cheeks looked just as red as hers felt, especially after he asked to meet up with her after the game. Margo knew it probably wasn't a big deal to most girls, but this was the first time they had ever made plans that didn't revolve around patrols or Monthly meetings. "Sure." she said quickly and for a moment felt embolden to take a step forward and get on her tie toes. Even then it felt like stretch as she kissed his cheek quickly. "Good luck." she said breathlessly. "I should probably get to the stands." she said, her heart racing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back