Following Brian

Andromeda stopped and looked at him.
"I knew Blane from before we arrived at school. We met about two weeks before that. And yes, I could tell Blane - he lost both of his parents", Andromeda turned around again and continued walking. "You know you've been unfair to Zuka! She was so torn, she hadn't a clue what we were arguing about and didn't want to take sides. So, please don't take your anger for me out on her!"
Andromeda sighed, "If I had known you before school I might have told you. As it is, once we arrived here, we didn't see much of one another and well, I've been pretty much dealing with losing my father on my own! Some of the others read about it in the paper and have sympathised but how can they relate? So, I usually go around with a big smile as if nothings wrong". She stopped now and looked at him.
"The thing is... everything is wrong", she looked down at her feet, swallowed up by the forrest foliage, "everything!"

Brian stared at her, knowing full well what she was going through. "When my grandfather died, I never thought anything would be right again. It's been four years and everything still isn't right" Brian said slowing but kindly "the void can never be replaced, by anyone or anything, I tried to replace him with his journal but it's not same" Brian said his voice trailing off "when he died it was like everyone close to me had died as well. Mother, Father, Sibling, Friend he was all those things..." Brian couldn't continued thinking about it again simply hurt to much. He began to walk forward as he fought to keep the tears at bay.

Brian turned around and walked up to her, he then hugged her and whispered "we'll always be friends, Andromeda no matter how many times we argue, we'll always be friends" His grandfather had left a hole in his heart as did Andromeda's father, and the only thing that would ever stand a chance of filling that hole would be each other.

Andromeda returned the hug gratefully. She knew there was a reason they were meant to be friends, she had felt it on the train. She guessed real friends argued alot but had the sense to see eachothers faults and make up.
"Thanks Brian", she smiled, "I think we really better start heading back before we get into serious trouble. We have been gone a while!"

Brian laughed as he began to walk beside her "I wonder what's for dinner I'm starved!"

Andromeda laughed. She looked ahead of her and tried to remember the landmarks she had picked, of course with all the commotion, some went flying out of her head. she had a fair idea it was this direction though.
She looked back over her shoulder the feeling of being watched had left.

After walking in the same direction for about ten minutes Brian began to see a light, "I think thats the edge of the Forest!" he said to Andromeda running up ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back