Flying after long time

"I don't know. I have a used one. I think Mallory bought me a new snitch but well I cant guarantee that as I haven’t yet checked out the gift" he replied. "Should I go and see if I have one?" he asked Kasey.

"Mallory... Malkin?" Kasey asked surprised. "She is your relative?" she asked Andrew. "Is that the reason you work there?" she asked Andrew interested in Andrew and Mallory's relation.

"Yes, she is my god mother. My parents are dead; well I am not sure about my dad as he was a muggle" he replied to Kasey. "Yes and No. I had stared working there before I knew that she was my god mother and she had appointed me because she knew that I was her God son "he replied.

"Oh! I am sorry about your parents." Kasey replied thinking that how many students might be having both their parents and they surely would be the lucky ones. "My dad's dead too. He passed away last year. He was a muggle born wizard and now I live with my mom and brother" she told Andrew a bit about her family.

"Yeah, go get the snitch if you have one or else its okay after all you need seeker practice" she said faking a smile. Kasey could never smile once she remembered her dad and how he had been fooling them. She wished Andrew would leave so that she could be alone for a minute or too so that she could become herself again.

Andrew didn't know what to say so he flew to the ground and put his emerald steak beside a tree and went to get the snitch from his dorm. Kasey's dad passed away last year but she didn’t let it affect her studies, that’s just brilliant. She plays Qudditch, she is good at studies, and she is good at almost everything. I wish I could be that way. he thought as he climbed down the dungeons staircase and walked into his dorm. He searched his trunk and found his snitch and than he unwrapped Malloy's gift and found that it contained a brand new snitch, a camera and a photo album. "Wow! A camera of my own, but hey I am not good at photography" he said to himself.

Kasey touched the ground and put her firebolt beside the Emerald Streak. She remembered that she had wanted to ask Lila for a new broom as a gift for her grades. I will write to her later she thought as she sat under the shadow of the tree. She thought about Andrew, how he must be feeling with both his parents dead. She wondered if he'd like to share it with her or whether he knew about it himself.

She lay on the green grass and stared at the morning sun, she wished Jessy was with her. She missed her, she was her best friend ever and now she'd left her. Ginny hadn't returned back to school and Kasey hoped she would quickly. Although Ginny could never replace Jessy but Kasey always felt that she had someone whom she could call hers when Ginny was around.

Andrew returned back to the pitch and saw Kasey lying under a tree. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked seeing that her cheerful face had faded. Is this because of her dad's topic coming up? He wondered.

Kasey was lost in her old memories when Ravenclaw house had the most members and their dorm used to be the nosiest place in the school. She neither heard Andrew come nor did she hear him ask talk to her.

Andrew looked at Kasey who lay still on the ground looking up at the sky. He kneeled down to her and nudged her "Kasey are you okay?" he asked again.

A tear rolled down Kasey's cheek and she felt someone's present as she was nudged. She saw Andrew kneeling beside her and she quickly got up and wiped her tear. "Yeah, I am fine" she lied as she ran her fingers through her curly hair to remove the grass that was sticking to it.

Andrew knew Kasey was lying because he had that much of sense that no one would cry if everything was okay. "Do you want to share it? It is always said that if you share your sorrows, they become less burden and I am a good listener" he said as he stroked Kasey's shoulder.

Kasey didn’t know what to say, she barely knew Andrew though he was a nice guy. "Okay, I will tell you but lets practice first" she said as she got to her feet and mounted her broom. "Did you get another snitch?" she asked him.

Andrew was happy that Kasey considered sharing whatever it was with him. "Yeah, I got it. Mallory also gave me a camera and an album but I don’t know how to take pictures" he replied as he too mounted his broom and flew into the air. He took out a pair of gloves and one glove he wore it himself and the other one he passed it to Kasey.

"Wow! Also I have a camera and I know how to take pictures, I'll teach you" she said as she took one glove from Andrew and wore it in her left hand. "So, you practice first, okay?" she asked as she put her hand forward for Andrew to give her his used snitch so that she could release it.

"Wow! You know photography! That’s amazing" he said smiling at her as he handed her his snitch. "Release it, I will go and start searching for it after a minute or so" he said to Kasey.

Kasey released the snitch into the open air and it started fluttering its wings and flew far away. Kasey tried to keep trace of it but it was barely visible, Kasey feared to think what would happen if she wouldn’t be able to catch the snitch in her turn.

After a minute Andrew flew to the spot where he had lost trace of the snitch and started searching it. He saw something at the far end of the stands and dived from, 50m above the pitch to 40m down where the snitch was fluttering. He stretched his hands and the golden snitch was wrapped inside his wrist. However, he didn’t control his broom accurately and his nose banged into the iron stands and his nose started bleeding.

Kasey saw as Andrew did a spectacular dive and caught the snitch but it was more than twenty seconds that she realized that Andrew was bleeding. She flew to him and said "Andrew are you okay?" as she placed her hand on his shoulder and made him turn to face her. He was bleeding excessively and his nose looked broken. "Lets go to the hospital wing" she said as she tried to wipe some blood with her handkerchief.

"No, I am fine. I don't like to go to hospital wing. As a matter of fact, I have never been there before" he said refusing to go to the hospital wing. He gazed into her eyes as she started rubbing his bleeding nose. The blue eyes were looking more beautiful from this close.

"I am not asking your opinion whether you'd like to go to the hospital or not. I am ordering you, because I can as I am a prefect" she said firmly. She suddenly realized that Andrew was staring at her eyes and she blushed and moved back. "Now, let's go" she said acting normally again as she started flew towards the ground and pulled Andrew's broom with her other hand.

Andrew realized that Kasey was feeling shy so he said quickly going back to the topic." I didn’t know you were a prefect!" he said as he tightened his hands around his broom so that he could not fall of because Kasey was dragging it of sort.

"Well you know it now and the problem is, you can't deny listening to a prefect" she said grinning. She touched the ground and got off her broomstick and waited for Andrew to do the same.

"But you promised to tell me why you were sad" he retorted. "Are you going to break your promise?" he asked as he got off his Emerald Streak.

"Okay, okay. I am coming, all right?" he said as he jogged to keep up with Kasey. Does she care for me or is she doing her duty by forcing me to go to the hospital? He thought as he walked.

((Shall we continue it in the hospital wing?? ;-) ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back