Flying after long time

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey had come back from her summer vacation which was boring and now the only thing which she wanted to do was to fly.It had been almost a year since she had flied because many Qudditch matches had been cancelled and she didnt practice much.
She mounted her firebolt and dived from the Ravenclaw tower windowonto teh Pitch.The sun was shining and the weather was fine for a good qudditch practice.She wondered if someone would join her.

Andrew was flying alone on the Qudditch pitch because he ahd no pending homeworks.His hair which had become slightly longer irritated his eyesight but Andrew that did not stop Andrew from noticing a spectacular dive made by a ravenclaw from the ravenclaw tower.He stopped in mid air on his broom to see how the girl was going to stop and control her broom.

Kasey was coming close to the grouand just before an inch, she turned her broom gripping on it and stopped in an instant.She suddenly realised that someone was watching her.She turned to see who it was.It was a Alytherin whom she had sen barely once.She wondered if he was a first year because usually first years didnt ride brooms until they ahd their lessons completed."Hi"she said to the boy as she rose into the air to where he was.

Andrew noticed that Kasey had stopped because of him. "Greetings, I am Andrew Bruke. You fly wonderfully" he said smiling Kasey. "You are a third year right?" he asked her." I am a second year Slytherin" he added.

Kasey smiled back and said, "Thanks". She wondered if Andrew would join her in flying. "Yeah, I am a third year. I never saw you around here last year, how come?" she asked him.

The wind was blowing fast now and it made Andrew's curly short length hair messier. "Actually, I didn’t like leaving the common room except for meals or lessons and am usually in the library. I had gone for the tryouts but as I wasn’t around for half term I don’t know if I was chosen, so I am practicing so that I can try again this time. I'd like to play seeker. What position do you play?" he asked. Andrew hoped to get a few flying skills from Kasey, it looked like she practiced a lot.

Kasey listened to Andrew's story. She wanted to ask him why he'd left the school but thought it was more personal so she didn't. "Wow! Seeker." she exclaimed as Andrew told her that he's wish to play seeker. "I play chaser. Seeker is a really good position to play but I can't. I have tried a few times but I can't see the snitch so there's no way I can play seeker." she explained.

Andrew had wished that Kasey would have been playing seeker so they could practice catching a few snitches. "Do you want to practice scoring? I am a pretty good keeper. I can't play any other positions, they are too tough." he said laughing at himself.

"Yeah sure" Kasey replied. "Maybe we can practice catching a few snitches. It would improve my seeker abilities." she added. "I'll go get the Quaffel" she said as she directed her broom to the Ravenclaw tower and entered the window. She wished Ginny was here to play with them, it would be so fun. She searched for her Quaffel and finally got it from the bottom of her trunk.

Andrew's eyes widened as Kasey flew to the tower's window. She surely can fly great. I wish Slytherin would be having a tower from where I could dive he thought as he waited for Kasey to return with the Quaffel.

Kasey mounted her firebolt and dived back to the Qudditch pitch and stopped at Andrew's height. "So, shall we begin?" she asked as she flew to the rings, the Quaffel in her one hand and the other holding the broom.

"Yeah" Andrew answered and flew to take his position in front of Kasey. He wished he could stop at least half the goals Kasey would score or Kasey would think of him as nothing in terms of Qudditch. "Ready?" he asked.

"Ready when you are" she replied smiling. She tied her hair in a small bun which would fall off just as she would throw her Quaffel because of her new hair cut which made it impossible for her hair to stay tied in a bun longer than three minutes.

Andrew noticed how beautiful Kasey looked in the morning sun that was now shining on her face making her look more beautiful. "Umm... Yeah I'm ready" he said thinking of how long he had taken to answer Kasey and what she would have thought of that.

Kasey aimed the Quaffel at the right ring because it seemed that Andrew was trying to cover for the left and the middle and she had a clear path for the right hoop. She threw the Quaffel with all the energy she had hoping that she would score.

Andrew was protecting the left and middle hoops because those were the closest to Kasey's position but he was a bit taken aback when he saw Kasey throwing the Quaffel towards the third hoop he quickly sped his broom towards it but he missed the Quaffel from an inch and Kasey scored. He sped behind the Quaffel on his broom and caught it and brought it back and handed it to Kasey. "Nice one" he said smiling at her. He noticed that her bun had fallen down. Andrew thought that Kasey looked better in her untied hair and the new hair style suited her though he had only seen her a couple of times last year from which the one which was fresh in his memory was when she had got the trophy for scoring the highest in her year.

Kasey saw as Andrew's broom missed the Quaffel from an inch or so and she made a hand motion for her little triumph and her bun came down as how she had expected it. "Thanks" she said as Andrew brought back the Quaffel for her.

Andrew took back his position determined not to let the Quaffel through this time. He zoomed around the three hoops thinking which one would be next. Last time Kasey had aimed to the farthest goal would she do the same this time or would she do the opposite? It was difficult to tell from Kasey's eyes because they didn’t focus on anything in particular.

Kasey decided to aim the Quaffel to the nearer hoop this time. She thought it was going to be difficult as Andrew was zooming around the hoops. She aimed the Quaffel at the left hoop and threw it.

Andrew quickly knocked the Quaffel from where it had come with his broom and saved Kasey from scoring. The Quaffel was going directly towards Kasey's face and was going to hit her if she didn’t duck.

Kasey was longing to see another goal and just in a fraction of second she saw the Quaffel was coming towards her in great force and it resembled a bludger that was aimed towards her. She couldn’t duck because it would hit her head instead. She didn’t know what to do.

Andrew directed his Emerald Streak behind the Quaffel and knocked it to the other side just before it was going to hit Kasey. That was a spectacular move, Andrew. Keep it up! He thought as he caught the Quaffel. "Are you okay?" he asked Kasey. "Sorry, I didn’t see that I was aiming at you" he said feeling guilty at the thought of what could have happened if Kasey would have been hit by the Quaffel.

"Yeah, I am fine. You make a fair chaser, your aims are quite good" she said with a giggle. "Do you want to continue this or shall we move to seeker practice?" she asked Andrew thinking that he might be feeling a little low because he didn’t get to practice seeker.

Kasey's reply made Andrew cheered Andrew a bit. "No, it is okay. I can help you practice today and you can help me practice some other day "he replied. He wanted to help Kasey if he could so that she could become the best chaser in her team.

"No, I think we should practice seeker a bit after all that’s what the game is depending on" she said refusing on Andrew's answer." Do you have brand new snitch? Like one which you haven’t used yet" she asked Andrew because other wise she couldn’t play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back