OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Rigid Larch Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Having done this a few times, Jacob no longer had any qualms about dropping into an empty chair at the Hufflepuff table. He did so now, picking up a piece of bacon and taking a slow bite before turning his attention to the person he'd come to see. "Long time no see buuuuuddy" he said with a smile. He really hadn't seen Kengi in a while, outside of class which definitely didn't count since you couldn't really have a good conversation there, not without risking detention anyway. "Didn't see you at the dance" he pointed out, using the bacon to make his point before popping it into his mouth and reaching for another.

Kengi Smile often found himself in a bad mood. However, he was feeling pleasant today. He had enjoyed his break a lot because he had the time to look back at all the things he had done last semester, like calling Chante a freak. He had regretted that as soon as the words had come out of his mouth. He had not told anyone about it, but he knew that he should apologize to the girl. She was still his friend after all, and Kengi would never want to do anything to hurt her. He was too involved in his thoughts to notice Jacob sit next to him. He looked over at the kid and gave a soft smile. Jacob always made him feel better. He was so relaxed and fun, while Kengi was very uptight. He did not leave much room for fun, which is why he kept Jacob around. He was always up to something like a true Gryffindor. "I didn't have anyone to go with. I probably would have went if you would have invited me, genius." he said in a joking manner. His words were rough, but he meant them in a good way. But, Jacob knew that he did not like wasting his time going to things by himself. He enjoyed being around people, even if they were being annoying. "The real question is whether you enjoyed yourself or not." Kengi smiled at his peer.

Jacob was dumbfounded at that. He'd been prepared for all kinds of things but not Kengi talking about going with Jacob. The thirteen year old remained silent a beat longer and then forced a laugh. "You've got an open invitation dude" he stated, taking a bite of the next piece of bacon. Jacob had enjoyed the party. The aftermath not so much. That had been miserable. "Yea, ate a bunch of chocolate, hung out with Abian and Elio, thought about all my roses" he mused, before casually adding, "you get any roses?"

Kengi was kind of worried about Jacob's silence, but when the boy finally spoke and was relieved. He nodded. He had heard of Abian Hunter. He specifically heard that a seventh year had made him cry, which was a sad event. Some older years did not have anything better to do he guessed. "Chocolate is bad for your teeth, Jacob. You shouldn't eat so much." he scolded his friend lightly. Kengi didn't like sweet things, but he doubted that Jacob knew that actual chocolate was in fact not sweet at all. "How many did you get? I'm assuming quite a few. I only got one, and I don't even know who it is from." he said the last sentence in a bit of a frustrated tone. He felt that it was cowardly to not put their name on it. It wasn't like it was a red or pink rose. It was a regular yellow one!

"Aww I didn't know you cared so much. I'm touched" Jacob replied, touching his hand to his heart as he teased Kengi. Jacob didn't usually eat so many sweets in one sitting, but Valentine's day was a special occasion for it. Jacob grinned as Kengi asked about his roses and began to talk about one of his own. He'd sent that one, especially if his friend had only received one so his smile froze slightly when Kengi mentioned not knowing who it was from. "What do you mean? There was a note, I mean there had to be a note right?" he tried to play it off as he thought back. He'd certainly written a note to Kengi and he was pretty sure he'd included it with all of his other messages. Hadn't he?

Kengi rolled his eyes playfully. "Of course I care. I am your friend after all." he said matter-of-factly. Jacob's surprise at Kengi not knowing who sent him his rose was very suspicious. He decided to let it go though. "I mean that there wasn't a note, so I have absolutely no idea who it could be from." he put a little bit of fake emphasis on some words. It personally frustrated him that if it was Jacob that he sent him a yellow rose. Kengi would have sent a different color, if he had sent any roses at all. "How many did you send, Jacob?" he asked curiously.

"Like four" Jacob said, quickly returning to what Kengi had said before. "Are you sure? You didn't drop it or anything?" He knew there had been a note. He'd written it, of course. It read 'Hey this matches your house. Let's hang soon. -Jake' Truth be told, Jacob knew he could have done a lot better. He'd almost gone with a pink rose but he had chickened out in both the color and the message. But it wasn't like Kengi had sent him one.

Kengi chuckled a little bit when Jacob said he had received four roses. He was a popular person whereas Kengi had a hard time making and keeping lots of friends. He nodded as he looked a Jacob. "Of course I am sure, Jacob. Don't you trust me?" he asked in a bit of an agitated voice. He hated being questioned because Kengi found himself to be a very smart person. He had to be a role model for Rita. "Sorry that I didn't send you one. I've been busy thinking about things lately." he apologized sincerely to his friend.

Jacob dropped his gaze, wondering if Kengi had been reading his mind. "It's ok" he shrugged. Really, he wasn't too bothered that Kengi hadn't sent him a rose. He would have liked one, of course, but it was ok that he hadn't sent one. "And of course I trust you, Keng. It's just that...I sent you that one and I definitely wrote a note" he dropped his voice, flushing slightly. "It was stupid so don't ask me what it said" he added, thoroughly embarrassed now.

Kengi Smile was not surprised by Jacob's confession. It had been strange how adamant Jake had been about there being a note in the first place. However, Kengi had a confession of his own to make. "If I had sent anyone a rose, I would have sent you a pink one..." he said as he let the rest of the sentence trail off. Kengi was very confident in who he was and the type of people that he liked. He wasn't worried about what his father thought about it because his own brother was homosexual. Kengi was open to more than just males though, so the two weren't in the same category. "But, I don't want that to ruin the friendship we have!" Kengi exclaimed looking at Jacob with a bit of an innocent face.

"But pink means..." Jacob began automatically before his brain began to catch up. "Oh. Ohhhhh" he added as what he'd just heard became all the more clear. Jacob didn't know how to respond for a few moments, so he remained entirely silent. When he finally spoke again, Jacob nodded slowly. "Yeeeeeeah" he added and then stopped. "But maybe it would be worth it?" he added in a tiny voice.

Kengi remained silent, as he did not know what to say as Jacob caught up with what he was throwing down. This had been about the bravest thing Kengi had done in his entire life. However, he always did what he felt was right, and his feelings damn straight took the forefront right now. He looked at Jacob and nodded. "Yeah. It could be worth it." he said quietly. The boy looked at his pocket watch and realized that he had a class soon. He quickly stood up, grabbing his bag. "I have to run to class, but we will talk about this later, okay?" he said with a smile as he patted Jacob on the back before lightly jogging out of the Great Hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back