Flirting with Danger

Daytona Bradshaw

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Helga and Daytona walked along the corridor of the first floor, strolling down the stairs and bypassing a gang of first years congregating in the entrance hall.
"I'm telling you Day, flirt with any other boy and make sure Josh sees you" Helga was telling her, shoving her hands into the pockets of her skirt as they made their way out into the courtyard from a side exit.
"Stupid first years you'd think they'd never been to school before" the blonde mumbled before she continued with her best friend worse case scenario idea.

Daytona Bradshaw listened carefully to every word that Helga uttered; Helga had two relationships under her belt whereas Daytona had the grand total of zilch beneath hers. Sure boys were flocking up to date her but she always turned them down, completely certain that any day now Josh Baxter would get his act together and notice what an awesome catch she was. But days had dwindled and though they had become 'friends' the year before, she was now afraid that was all he would ever see her as.

"I can't flirt Hel, I wouldn't know how too" she told her, it wasn't quite true she had seen enough muggle movies and witnessed enough girls about the school at work to know a few things but she'd never really put any into practice herself.

"Oh bleeding boggarts he's over there!" Helga nudged her friend swiftly to the side and Daytona glanced over and sure enough, standing there looking all amazing and handsome and drool worthy was Josh Baxter chatting with other members of the Gryffindor quidditch team. She could feel her heart slamming into her chest immediately and wanted to complain about it but seriously, who would listen to her?
Helga nudged her again as another boy approached from the other direction.

"Here's your chance, just go for it. See you later" with that Helga winked and grabbing Daytona's books walked back the way they had come. Glancing hurriedly once more in Josh's direction before looking up to see Simon a Ravenclaw of the same year as herself coming towards her, Daytona decided to go for it. What could she lose after all? Shaking her hair behind her she flashed a brilliant smile and said in what she hoped was a loud enough voice for Josh to hear and a flirtatious enough voice to capture Simon's attention.
"Well hello, haven't had a chance to speak to you since we returned" she wanted to clobber herself but it was a bit late now.

Walking out of the potions class Simon gave a little frown seeing the crowd jumbled in the corridor. It seemed that the first years were over excited about studying at the school and were getting curious and interested in ever other portrait in the corridor and the moving pictures. Maybe a little lesson would come in handy he thought with a crooked smile. He was glad that Ashton wasn't having Potions with him or he wouldn't allow a little prank since he was all goody Hufflepuff.

Just as Simon was about to put a jinx on one of the first years a familiar faced appeared standing infront of him. It was Daytona with whom he shared a few classes but he was a little surprised to see her being so nice and friendly. Simon wasn't going for the why and how but rather he would just play along especially since flirting ran in his veins. "Was wondering when I would get a chance to say Hi" he said with a flirty smile. "Must admit how much I missed you in the holidays" he said allowing his charms to work. He could be all smiles when he wanted and flirty as hell. He could also be evil and clever. Simon was known to change character as he liked.

She knew Simon was one of the more famous flirts about the school and inhaled deeply incase he didn't roll true to form this time around but thankfully he smiled his brightest and came towards her. Inwardly she congratulated Helga for her choice and glanced hastily over to see if Josh was looking yet. It was typical of course that one of his friends was now in the way so she couldn't be sure.

"You missed me?" she beamed at him, hoping she wasn't laying it on too thick,"Little old me."
She simpered standing right before him now and letting her fingers walk up his tie as she spoke. Again her gaze drifted swiftly to where Josh was standing and she could have sworn she saw him looking. A hasty smile as her heart did 'hammertime' inside her.

"So what did you do for the summer?" she asked him moving her hand to gently touch his arm while her other hand pushed her hair back behind her ear. So she wasn't the greatest flirt in the world but boys fell for her like cats off a hot tin roof. Daytona seriously didn't know why they did, as she never gave any indication that she liked any of them. So this flirting with Simon was a whole different ball game and so unlike her that a few other boys who had asked her out the year before were frowning now as they walked by.

Don't mind me, I'm just going to pop in every so often hehe
It was September once again and Josh was glad to be back at Hogwarts, he had missed it over the holidays. Even though he got to spend a lot of time with Jasmin in both New Zealand and home and they finally had their birthday. With it being a new year and all the Gryffindor team were buzzing to get started with the new Quidditch Season and were discussing tactics already after the try-outs had been held; they thought it better to get the new team members into the swing of things quickly. As the gathered out in the courtyards Josh stood talking to the Captain, as he got seeker once again McJolty wanted to be sure that Josh was at the top of his game as ever and would be able to swing into action when it came time for him to play. Scanning the team his eyes landed on someone else, Daytona. The girl that he had met last year and took a liking too almost straight away after they unusual meeting, he still laughed after the chaos that had happened that day. When he was about to go walk over to her and catch up after the holidays he saw her go talk to some other boy. He watched them for a few moments but shook his head figuring he could catch up later. So he turned back to the team and continued with the conversation.

Simon was enjoying this but was a bit suspicious since he had never known that Daytona was a flirt. "Who wouldn't miss someone so beautiful?"he asked her with a smile. With a flirty smile his hand moved to her face stroking her soft cheek. If Daytona was playing with him he would play along and if she had suddenly fallen for him....well the chances were minimal but he would love to make her believe that she was going to be his girlfriend.

"You mean,apart from thinking about you" he said as he held her hand with a grin on his face "I went over to stay at Ashton Winter's house. He is my best friend. We played a bit of Qudditch with his siblings and went camping" he informed Daytona as he remembered the summer holidays that he had enjoyed so much. "But they weren't that good...since I didn't get to see you" he added his finger tracing her cheek."And what did you do over the holiday?"he asked wanting to know more about the girl who was so willingly flirting with him in a corridor full of students.

She very nearly relented and ran for cover when Simon began to stroke her cheek. She was not adverse to the touch at all but seriously did wish it was someone else. No one had ever touched her like that and it was doing seriously funny things to her insides, even if it was Simon. Daytona swore to stop reading silly romance novels if this was the result of them and promised to kick Helga a swift one to the shins for even suggesting this but she was in deep now and had to either sink or swim. Did Simon really think she was beautiful or was he totally winding her up though? You could never tell with flirts.

His other hand reached for hers and held it, her eyes darted to Josh immediately wondering if he was seeing any of this and if any of it was even bothering him. Knowing her luck, she mused, it wasn't!
"Well I never knew I rated so high up in your thoughts Simon" she grinned back, in for a sheep as well as a lamb, she decided. His finger trailed down her cheek and she seriously couldn't help herself. This was the first time she had allowed any boy to genuinely flirt so openly with her, she wasn't a natural flirt no matter how she put herself across sometimes. So now with Simon doing wicked things to her that she had never experienced before, she became shy and blushed at his gentle touch. Daytona's head lowered a little out of embarrassment though to anyone looking on it might seem she was completely enamoured by the boy.

"I ...I hung out with Helga and Gregor" her face slowly looked up again to face him, "as usual ...but they weren't you either" hastily she had added the last part wondering if there was a manual on how to flirt out there somewhere. She ached to glance over at Josh again, to see if he was looking this way at all but now she was too afraid too, too mortified by her actions and didn't want to read anything on his face that would only add to her embarrassment.

Simon grinned watching Daytona blush. "I'm glad you know" he said with a smile. He would have gone further with Daytona because he wasn't caring if all this was a show or if she really was interested in him but he was getting a girl and that was all that mattered. He laughed in his head when she said that he wasn't there with her in the holidays. "Holidays are over.." he told her as he leaned closer to her with his smile.

"And who knows I could be a part of your next holiday" he said with a laugh. He wouldn't want Daytona to shy and run away but he had a strong feeling that she wasn't going to run. He looked at her pretty face and gazed into her eyes wanting to melt her heart right there. "Too crowded here, maybe we should go somewhere we are alone" he said as his finger stroked her hair and then moved to her cheek. "Only you and me"

[so sorry with delay was MIA from site for a bit]

Daytona nearly gasped when his attentions to her became more than she had expected. Helga seriously did know who the flirts were but as his fingers stroked her hair she felt her legs go weak. She just wasn't used to this type of thing. Another swift glance in Josh's direction and she could have sworn he was looking that time but with so many other students milling about it was hard to be 100% sure.
"Only you and me?" she gasped, gulping some air into lungs that felt empty. Simon was gorgeous and if she were any other girl in the school she would probably be a pool of goo on the floor because of him but her heart held itself up to only one boy and right now that organ was tapping loudly as if reminding her that he was close by.

Daytona though was in way over her head and though she should have shaken her head and ran a mile from Simon, her head seemed to be nodding instead. Agreeing with him that someplace alone would be ideal.
"Sure" was all she mumbled as she turned herself around, wondering as she walked along the crowded space if Josh would be curious enough to follow them. It was highly unlikely but as they approached an empty room she stepped inside. All ready to simply smile at Simon and keep some distance between them. What did he want to say to her on her own anyhow? Then again not much could be heard with the gaggle of students outside.

"So you have me all alone... what did you want to tell me?"

Simon could sense Daytona's uneasiness and he was very sure that she was not interested in him but was doing this for some other purpose. And what exactly that purpose was he did not know but he was going to try finding it out. He grinned as she agreed and walked through the corridor until they arrived an empty room. He flashed her a flirty smile when she asked what did he want to tell her. "I've taken a liking to you...Daytona" he said smiling as he watched her reactions.

"Do you want to go for a date, with me?"he asked wondering how she would reply to that. Before she could reply his hand had moved to her waist and pulled her closer to him as he leaned in to kiss her softly. She was very pretty and therefore whether she liked him or not was one thing but another was his chances with her and he wouldn't mind trying those words with the kiss just to see her reaction to it.

Daytona was not usually so foolish as to set herself up like this but then again she had never quite felt like this about anyone before, therefore doing something foolish to find out whether or not Josh Baxter was interested in her didn't seem such a huge sacrifice. Yet as they stood alone in the room together, Daytona looked up at Simon and wondered just how far she would go with this. They were standing very close to one another but she didn't feel stifled by him at all.

He may have been a colossal flirt but he was still alright. His words caused her to gulp. He'd taken a liking to her? Well she was likeable so she couldn't fault him there really. His taste was impeccable. Daytona pulled herself up straight as he moved closer again, his hand slipping around her waist as he asked her to go on a date. She would have answered, should have answered but in that instant his head lowered as if he would kiss her. His lips touched hers softly and though Daytona should have pushed him away immediately she couldn't. It was her first kiss and the sensation was completely strange, so very alien to her but it was only for a few seconds before her hands came up to rest on his chest and push him back gently from her.

She lowered her head a little, her tongue licking her lips before looking back up at him again.
"I ... I do like you Simon, I just ..." words failed her, how could she seriously admit to playing the guy?

Simon knew that Daytona was going to stop him and when she did, he continued playing. First he had an innocent blush on his face as if he were madly falling for her. He was intentionally looking at his shoes as if he were too shy to admit his feelings to Daytona, which in the case were none and nor was he shy to do anything. When Daytona spoke he smiled up at her and asked "You're just shy?" he offered knowing that wasn't the case.

He moved close to her again and embraced her in a hug. "But that's okay" he said softly in her ear. "Everyone is shy to make their first relationship public" he said as he searched her face curiously wanting to know what was going on in her head. He was taking his chances, risking it this time as he kissed her once again. This time his kiss was longer and deep, as if he really cared for her.

Josh couldn’t keep much interest on the team business today, his eyes kept darting back and forth between Daytona and the boy that she was talking too. Josh only vaguely recognised the boy but the last time he had seen him he was on the arms on another girl. In fact every time Josh saw him he seemed to have a different girl on his arm but he shook those thoughts out of his head. The two seemed to be quite close and Josh became more interested in just how close the two were. Not that he minded that Daytona had a boyfriend, far from it in fact, it’s just Daytona had never mentioned to him that she was seeing someone and as a friend, he was curious. Pretty soon the team broke apart, having decided on the first training session of the year for the new recruits. Saying bye to the guys Josh walked in the direction of Daytona and her beau, hoping to catch up with her for a bit. As he turned to walk over to where they were standing Josh saw that they had disappeared.

Shrugging he walked on into the school, knowing that there would be plenty of time to catch up with Daytona, the school year had only started after all. As he walked through the corridors he heard a familiar voice coming from one of the nearby classrooms. Josh followed the voice that lead him to an empty classroom, looking in he saw where the voice was coming from and why it was so familiar: it was Daytona’s voice. Although what he saw wasn’t her talking, rather she was kissing the boy she had just been with outside. Seeing them start to break apart he moved behind the wall so he couldn’t be seen.

Daytona's mouth hung open for all of a few seconds as he told her she was merely shy. All chances of speaking up for herself flew out the window when he embraced her and then spoke about 'their relationship'. About to pull away and set him straight she was glued to him once again when his lips found hers. Simon was going for the kill this time but Daytona wasn't having any of it. His lips seemed so practiced, so experienced compared to her own that she was afraid at first her mouth would begin to move once more beneath his but strength of conviction shot through her. There was only one set of lips that she wanted against her own and they certainly weren't Simon's.

With one almighty shove she pushed him back and pulled out her wand holding it up between them just incase. Her breathing was ragged as she attempted to keep control of herself. Her voice shook from annoyance, anger and frustration.
"Would you stop kissing me already!" she glared at him, her free hand furiously wiping her mouth free of his taste, "We don't have a relationship!"
She all but bellowed at him sighing furiously and knowing she'd have to come clean or he'd never leave her alone.

"Look I shouldn't have flirted with you okay... it was wrong and stupid of me but ... well, Helga had one of her bright idea's that it was the only way I could get Josh to notice me ... 'that' way" she told him lowering her wand and slumping a little against the wall, "I didn't mean to use you, it's not something I do. So please don't kiss me again... I mean there's nothing wrong with your kissing or anything, I just ... want to kiss someone else."
She shrugged looking at him with a healthy dose of apology in her eyes as she did so.

Simon was smiling when he was pushed back and Daytona glared at him and said to stop. He had known it was coming all along. He heard her story about flirting with him so that 'Josh' could notice. He had his acting well planned and his face was filled with a sad expression. "I wasn't...expecting you to play with my feelings like this" he started looking at her eyes that were trying to apologize. He gave her a slight smile and said "Little saddening to know that for who you did all this has little care for you." It was weird how this girls had their feelings to guys who hardly cared about them.

She eyed him wearily as he spoke, Simon Fields was a notorious flirt and though she had not been on the other side of it before she quietly applauded him in her thoughts. Oh he was very good and though for her it had been her first time quite literally flirting with danger, he had done it countless times. She highly doubted that she had wounded him at all or that she had indeed played with his feelings and Slytherin though she was, she was loathe to feel ashamed of her actions even now.

It seemed like nothing she did or said of late was ever the right thing. He spoke again and instantly her heart sank to the very bottom of her feet and further if it could. She knew Josh didn't care for her the same way she cared for him, Daytona was always going to be 'the friend' the one the boys turned to when they had 'girl' trouble but she didn't think she would be anything else.
"Just leave Simon" she told him in a dejected voice, wanting only now to be left alone to nurse her wounded heart and ego.

"Suit yourself" he said with a smile as he gave her one last long look before he walked out of the empty classroom not noticing Josh. He went to the great hall to have his lunch with a smile on his face.

Something told Josh that he should just leave to two alone and he would catch up with Day later on, he didn’t even know why he felt the urge to talk to her right away, it wasn’t like they had anything important to talk about...just two friends catching up now that the holidays were over. As he was about to walk away he stopped in front of the door to see Daytona push Simon away and say something which he hadn’t expected, at all! Now why did she have to go say that for? Josh knew that the reason some girls talked to him or wanted to hang about wit him was because they fancied him or something like that, but Josh seriously had no interest in a relationship. He was only 14 for crying out loud, he was still far too young to be thinking about things like that. He watched the rest of the scene unfold, not quite sure how to take it, part of him wanted to run away and just pretend to Daytona that this hadn’t happened, but he was stuck to the spot. When Daytona sent Simon away he saw the younger boy when he walked past him, the Gryffindor lad was suddenly filled with rage, but he did nothing about it. He now saw Daytona standing in the room alone. After a few moments he took a deep breath and took a few steps into the room, “Day?” he called out softly, cautiously.

Daytona had wanted to simply kick Simon in the shins but managed to refrain from doing so, she turned her back as he walked out and knew she would strangle Helga for this. Just because something this crazy would have worked for her, didn't always mean it would go to plan for Daytona. Life had an uncanny way of throwing a bludger in her direction when she least expected it and now one of those moments came right smack in her face as she heard the soft yet unmistakable voice of Josh.

Her mouth hung open a moment as thoughts flooded her, had he heard her? Had he witnessed all of this as well? She shut her eyes tight willing it not to be so but when she turned around slowly attempting to put a cherry smile on her face, she knew their friendship had come to its crossroads. If ever she had blown something, it was this. Knowing full well how every other girl in the school seemed to be around him, she had tried so hard not to behave like any of them and as a result they had become good friends. It was just so unfair that she was the one girl who really genuinely cared about him... Josh the person and not the quidditch hero, not the drop dead handsome guy with the twinkle in his eye and ping in his smile. True she had fallen for him because of these things but thanks to their friendship it had all deepened and taken on a more substantial feeling.

She stood looking at him for what felt like eternity though only seconds were passing. The silence seemed unbearable in that brief time but she could think of nothing to say that wouldn't sound like an utter betrayal of their friendship and all the time her mind chanted over and over ' Merlin please don't let him have heard any of it'. Knowing life was never that fortunate to her Daytona bit her lip and tried to just walk past him. To get away and nurse her wounds. Sure she was young and she hadn't really wanted to get involved in a relationship but she had wanted him to know she was a girl, that she wasn't just a quidditch fan, that she wasn't just 'one of the lads'.

Flopping himself against the doorframe as he looked at Daytona through frowned eyebrows. Why did everything have to become so messed up for? Things had been going well for Josh, the school year had taken off to a good start, Quidditch looked like it was going to go well this year, everything was going swimmingly for Josh. It was hard to believe that this one small bump in the road was the one thing that brought his world crashing down around him. He cared for Daytona more than he had for any other girl that he had called his friend over the years, but to him that’s all she was..just a friend. He wished that he could share the feelings she had for him right now just for the sake of making things easy on them, for the sake of their friendship but he knew that wasn’t possible. He kept his eyes locked on her as she went to walk past him but for some reason he couldn’t let her leave, not like this. Putting his arm out he caught her arm, hoping she would stop for him so that they could talk. “Why Day? Why me? Why didn’t you tell me? Just, why?” Was all he could say, he was lost for words.

She felt his hand on her arm and sighed, the heat of his hand on her arm through the flimsy material of her top didn't help her at all. It halted her flight from the room but only meant that now her heart was hammering much too loudly in her chest for her to be rational. This was ludicrous, completely and utterly ludicrous. She had wanted to be alone in a class room with him or alone anywhere with him and now that she was, Daytona simply wanted to run for cover.

Struggling to find the words that would explain something, anything to him Daytona realized she had none to give. She blushed with embarrassment, shrugged her shoulders slightly before turning her face to look at him. 'Please just let me go' she willed but knew he was entitled to some kind of answers. He wasn't reacting as she had hoped he would be, he wasn't thrilled to hear that she liked him other than a friend. Day's heart in realization of that fact gave a painful tug and in the same instant she pulled her arm away from him.

"Why you?" she repeated his question as if incredulous that he had even asked it, "because you're one of the few who can make me smile when I don't want too. When I'm being a prat you let me know it, when I'm stuck on some assignment you usually help me out. There's .. there's a hundred different reasons and they don't all have to do with you being goodlooking and a great seeker. They have to do with how great you are as a friend."

Sheepishly she leaned against a desk looking down at her hands as her fingers clasped tightly together.
"Why didn't I tell you?" she sighed, "because I was afraid of this happening. I knew you didn't really like me other than a friend but for once I just wanted you to see me as a girl. Just a girl Josh."
She stood up then ready to leave once again before she made a fool of herself completely.
There was no way Daytona would ever admit to orchestrating their very first meeting as merely a means of getting him to notice her then too. It hadn't been his fault he had only noticed her as a friend and nothing more.

Josh let his arm fall back to his side when Day asked him too. Even though the situation they were in right now may not have been the best of ones to be in, Day was still his friend and he didn’t want to hurt anymore than he clearly had with his lack of feelings for her. He looked down into her eyes, his own brown orbs searching, pleading for some sort of answer as to how to fix this whole thing and just let them go back to when they were friends and nothing more. Josh let Daytona talk, relaxing back against the wall as she did so. Right now Josh was a bag of emotions, confused? Angry? Upset? He couldn’t keep on emotion for any period of time and when Daytona began to talk his emotions were doubled. Guilt. Sadness. Sympathic. He knew the answer to the question before he asked it though, or at least thought he had. Clearly what every other girl in the school thought of him was far from what Day thought of him. Her words, he could tell, were sincere and in his own way this is why he loved Day the way he did, not the way she would have liked though.

It was at this moment he knew Day was one of his true friends and the way they handled this situation would probably be make or break for their friendship, something Josh didn’t want to lose. When she confirmed that she hadn’t told him for the simple reason of this happening he nodded his head in understanding. Josh could see their friendship deteriorating before his very eyes, the very eyes which were now glazing over with a film of tears, and he didn’t like it one bit. “Day! I don’t know what to say, except I’m sorry.” he said, his face now pointing to the floor. This was harder than he expected. Closing his eyes tightly with frustration he opened to see a tear fall to the floor. “I do only like you as a friend Day, and I always will, but that’s it.” Why could he not lie for once, if it meant saving a friendship it would be worth it. “Day, you’re friendship means more to me than any others but if it will be too hard for you then I...I understand.” He ended in a sigh. He never was good with words.

Daytona was like any typical teenage girl, she had her moments of clarity and moments of selfishness whereby she was the only one that mattered; she had moments where she actually did 'nice' things for others though made sure not too many people ever got wind that it had been her. Now as she saw the look on Josh's face she knew exactly what she had to do and would jinx Helga afterwards for coming up with this stupid plan. The tear drop all but broke her heart and shaking her head she was in front of him in a heart beat.

Instinctively her hand reached up and wiped away any trace from his cheek as a determined tone came to her voice.
"No Josh.. it won't be too hard for me. You're friendship means everything, I would rather have that than nothing at all" she tried to show him she meant it by taking a tentative step back and putting on an oversized grin, "See.. smiling here. You're not that hard to get over you know."
Day nudged him playfully, if there was one thing she excelled at it was being dramatic and acting her heart and soul out. She certainly had to do it now, so he would never know how much that stupid organ of hers was shattering into a million pieces. He only liked her as a friend! How pathetic she must have looked to him when she had been with Simon but there was no time for contemplation now, damage control was required.

"I'm serious... I'll be fine" after all the world was still turning, the sun was still hiding behind the clouds, the professors were still harassing the students into doing their assignments... time hadn't stood still, hadn't frozen in place because she hadn't gotten what she wanted, because she had suffered her first broken heart and wasn't allowed to go and tend to it like most other girls.

Josh awaited the words that he could sense were coming; the words that would probably end their friendship forever. He had been so sure that Daytona was going to tell him that she couldn’t and wouldn’t want to continue their friendship that he was surprised when he felt her soft hand touch his face and wipe away the tear that was on his cheek. He looked up at Day until he met her eyes, lifting his hand he placed it on her own bringing it down to his side he released it again, not sure of what was going to happen. He looked at her through frowned eyebrows when she began to talk, he wasn’t quite sure what was happening.

Her words were comforting and a smile broke his frown. A laugh escaped his lips when he saw her over exaggeration; he appreciated it even if he was still a little suspicious if she could really get over him all that quickly. Another small laugh left his lips when she told him he wasn’t that hard to get over, at least she wasn’t acting the same as usual. “Really?! Last I heard I was quite good looking and quite the catch.” he said with a smirk playing on the corner of his mouth. When Day confirmed that she was be fine Josh let out a small sigh, “As long as you’re sure.” he said cautiously, “Want to get out of here? I could give you some more Quidditch tips if you want.” he suggested, wanting to keep things as normal as possible and not dwelling on the situation too much.

She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat, wanting to admit that yes he was devastatingly goodlooking and yes he was a brilliant catch but she couldn't. She was inches from losing him, could feel him slipping away from her and knew it would take another life time to regain the easy camarderie they had shared; the trust that they had developed over the past year. At last his words seemed to let her believe that he thought she really could cope with them being only friends. She smiled at him but shook her head.

"I'd so love to but I have another class in like 20 minutes and I sort of have to get back to my dorm to grab my other books" she told him, which wasn't a lie at all. She really did have a class but right now more than anything she wanted time to herself, time to simply let a few tears fall without anyone else seeing. They were going to be friends... again, as if nothing ever happened. She should be happy, content with that much and for him she would show that was exactly what she was but otherwise ... Daytona simply wanted to wallow in her own misery for a while.

Josh watching Daytona curiously as she talked. He understood her reason to not being able to go and play Quidditch now, but he hoped that was all it was. Nodding his head to show he understood he said, “That’s alright. Don’t want you to start falling behind because of me.” he said with a smile and jest in voice. Even though they both said that they wanted to remain friends and try to get over this whole situation Josh knew it was easier said than done. Even now he felt a bit awkward, whether Daytona did or not he didn’t know but perhaps for them to leave now would be what they need to help get over this, whatever this was, as quickly as possible. “Have fun in class. I’ll talk to you later.” he said with a small wave before walking off to the Quidditch Pitch to clear his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back