Flashback Time

Sam couldn't help but laugh, "Well if you die of 'pond water diease' I am defintely doomed! I think I just swallowed half of the lake." Sam said lazily, he didn't care too much about the lake water. It couldn't be poisonous and the whole thing was just a bit of fun. "Lets just hope none of us get this... 'Pond water diease'?" He said, using his fingers as inverted commas while he said 'pond water diease. Knowing there was not such thing as 'pond water diease'.

Sam clapped his hands twice quickly as Toni admitted it wasn't as bad as she originally thought. "You see. You just have to try these things." He said with a smile before jumping back a bit as she splashed some water at him. After what she said he jokily nodded and shrugged then ruffled her wet hair. "I never seen you in such a state." He said pulling a strand of seaweed from her hair. Of coarse he was just playing, Toni always looking fabulous, even now- with seaweed in her hair.

Toni rolled her eyes playfully as Sam made fun of her made up disease. "Whatever" She said knowing there must be some disease out there that was caused by the ingestion of dirty water, but who would contract such a thing from the Hogwarts Lake. "Fine I think I'll be fine" She said still smiling though she was really trying hard not to laugh. Fixing her hair with one hand, as she continued to tread the water with both feet and one hand. Tilting her head back a bit she tried to get the water to bring down the friz that the hair was beginning to get.

"Well I doubt I'll ever jump into the lake again so live this one time up" Toni said smiling thinking about how she doubted if anyone else asked her to jump in she probably would have walked away on the spot. Though she was surprised as Sam reached up and pulled some seaweed out of her hair. "Oh ew" She said simply watching the seaweed hit the water, wondering how she missed that piece when she was fixing her hair.

"Do I look completely awful?" She asked "I just dont' get it. You can jump into the lake shake your head and you look perfect, hair and all. Now I get into the water and I'm in a messed up state" Toni said shaking her head slightly not realizing that she had just called Sam perfect in appearance. Hopefully he didn't take it the wrong way, or maybe Toni wanted him to. Either way it was said and done. "All the seaweeds out right?" She asked laughing a bit at the fact she never thought she would asked such a question well unless she was doing a seaweed wrap at a spa.

Sam laughed and shook his head as Toni asked him if she looked completely awful. But what she said next caught him off guard. Perfect? A smile slided onto his face. He ruffled his wet hair out off embarrassment. He felt his heart pace quicken so he swam around her to make sure the seaweed was out, "Yes all of the seaweed it out as he couldn't look her in the eye. "You look...." Sam paused as he turned to face her once more, his blue eyes looking into hers, "Perfect." His eyes lingered on hers for a second before looking away.

Why did I say that?! He asked himself fustratedly. If he got one chance to take back something he said, it would be now. After a couple of minutes, his heart rate slowed and he looked back up at Toni, he wasn't surprised to have it begin to race again. "Is it just me or are you a little cold?" He asked her indicating to go back onto the land. He was cold he had to admit but out of pure awkwardness it was the first thing that popped into his head. Though he knew Toni would take up his offer and most likely would be out of the lake as quick as lightening.

Running her hand through her hair once more, Toni let out a smile of relief after Sam shook his head. Ok not completely awful She thought. Though she waited for his reaction to her comment. Nothing. Staying in one spot as Sam swam around her, Toni almost felt the smile widen on her face not due to the fact that she learned all the seaweed was out of her hair but for some other reason. Was it Sam? Well of course it was. Toni just couldn't bring herself to admit it.

Why isn't he making eye contact She thought randomly as she watched Sam. Though finally he did look into her eyes and for a moment she wished that her brown eyes hadn't met his wonderfully blue eyes for her heart skipped a beat. "Thanks" Toni said simply Perfect She repeated not believing that Sam had used that word to discribe her. Calm down Toni She thought bringing her gaze down at the water looking at how her skin seemed to glow. It was the only thing that she could do instead of looking up afraid that another eye to eye meeting would make her blush. How arkward would that be?

Finally Toni looked up at the sound of Sam's voice. "Yeah I'm a bit cold" Toni said not really as cold as she was when she first jumped into the icy water. Her heart started to beat slightly faster so she looked away once more as if she had her gazed fixed on something important. of course nothing important was there nor fasinating.

"Why don't we dry off on the land. I mean my hair and outfit are going to take forever to dry" She said adding a small laugh hoping to make the atmosphere less tense. Did it work? Toni wasn't quite sure.

Sam looked back at the land and then back at Toni only for a couple of seconds, "Right...umm...lets go then." Sam said to Toni with a small smile and then began to swim back to the land. He could feel the tension passing a bit now that he wasn't beside Toni anymore but he knew that when they were both back on land that it would back. Sam laid his hands on the grass and pulled himself up instantly feeling a shiver roll up his spine from the coldness. Once he stood up he turned around for Toni and held out his hand for her to take. He didn't think about it, it was just automatic, but he couldn't take it back now, no matter how much he wanted to.

Once they were both up on land Sam shook his hair sprayng bits of water droplets everywhere. He looked back at Toni with a wide grin but then felt all that tension and awkwardness come straight back. He decided not to put back on his shirt as that would just get wet and that was the only piece of dry clothing that he had dpwn here. Sam let his eyes meet Toni's and felt his heart beat quickly, he wanted to go over nearer to her but knew it wouldn't be such a good idea. In fact it would be a terrible idea.

He moved himself over by a large tree and sat down at its roots, his bare back pressed against the rough bark. He looked up at the sky which was all sorts of colours from the beautiful sunset. He smiled up at her and said, "Well, I wasn't expecting that to happen when I met you earlier.." Sam said referring to the lake-swimmining. But inside he was thinking that he wasn't expecting all of these feelings. These feelings that he did not want to admit.

Toni swam to the shore at a slower pace than she normally would swim. There was no rush to get out of the water. Never thought I'd feel like that She thought almost in disbelief. How could an awkward aura come between her and Sam so fast making Toni Addison want to stay in dirty lake water over drying off on land? It all didn't make much sense at all. Finally however Toni reached the shore seeing Sam's hand extended.

Taking his hand almost hesitantly, she climbed out of the water her outfit completely soaked and her hair looking how she described it 'a wet dog'. Letting go of Sam's hand probably a little slower than she should have, Toni ran her own hand through her hair not quite looking up at Sam. What was wrong with the two of them? Was this a passing moment or what?

This Slytherin began to ring out her clothing hoping it would help. It didn't. Deciding to give her drying off a break, Toni walked over and picked up her bracelet once more. Fastening it on her wrist, a small smile feel on her lips. Only to vanish a bit when she remembered the situation at hand. Finally she looked up and caught Sam's gaze. This young twelve year olds heart skipped a beat. Why She thought unable or was it unwilling to find an answer to this simple one worded question.

She watched as Sam found his way over to a large tree. Hesitanting for just a moment before she wondered over and took a seat right next to him, her blonde hair still dripping water. The smile on Sam's face was catchy for moments after she smiled as well not knowing what she expected when she made her way out towards the lake. Well actually Toni had expected a memory filled walk alone. Sure this was a memory filled day but not the memories she had been expecting and surely she was no longer alone. "I hadn't expected to find you here. A day to myself is what I expected." She said pausing slightly as she turned her gaze and smiled at him. "I'm glad it turned out differently though." She added looking up at the sky. "It's beautiful" she said finally meaning the sky that was setting. How this day reminder her in a way of the day that her and Sam spent together at their spot.

Sam felt his shoulders tighten a bit as Toni sat down beside him. He wanted to be able to look at her without having his heart skipping and his stomach having a swarm of butterflies flying around. But right now that didn't seem possible. "Oh I'm sor-" Sam said quickly as Toni said she just expected a day to herself though she continued on to say that she was glad how it turned out.

He let himself take a quick glance at her and just as he expected his heart skipped wildly and he had butterflies in his stomach. Looking away just as quick he then looked up at the sky. "Yeah it is." Sam said, he was glad he managed to stop himself from saying, 'Yes you are.' Woah. Okay what is going on. Stop this. Stop this now!! Sam told himself fustratedly.

As Sam continued to look up at the sky he got sudden flashes of memories. Memories of their spot back in Brightstone. Sam was about to say something but he stopped himself again. He had an idea that these 'feelings' he was having weren't mutual. That Toni most likely just saw him as a friend. Did he see her as something else? Maybe..?

Sam ran his hand through his hair and found that he had a few small pieces of seaweed in his hair. "Perfect..eh?" Sam said with a laugh, he was happy that he came up with something to say. Even if it was completely unnesscary and probably made things more awkward.

Toni made sure to keep her gaze up at the sky. Maybe that would save her from saying something completely stupid or awkward. Why did she have to worry about it again? Never had she have to worry about what she said to Sam. Well not since she found out that she had a crush on him, it seemed liked ages a go. This is completely different She thought trying to convince herself. It didn't seem to be working. Sam's your best mate. He thinks of you as nothing of a friend. Now stop She commanded herself hoping that this last time she would get it through her mind.

Pulling her legs up, Toni wrapped her arms around them her gaze still up at the sky. Though every once and awhile her eyes would look over at Sam hoping that she didn't make eye contact yet at the same time she almost hoped he was looking at her too. "I've always liked sunsets though. They are just as beautiful as sunrises and you don't have to get up uber early to see them" Toni said wanting to hit herself in the head at that comment. Dumb Dumb Dumb God say something more intelligent than that She thought letting go of her leg only long enough to run her hand through her hair this time out of something to do more than out of habit.

Looking over at Sam when he spoke again, she smiled at his laugh. How she liked it when Sam laughed. Even on the worse days it seemed to make Toni feel better. Stop thinking about it She thought the smile still on her face. "I guess I wasn't the only one with seaweed attached to them" Toni said noting another piece of seaweed in Sam's hair. Reaching over she pulled the small piece of almost unnoticable seaweed out of his hair and dropped it to the ground. For what felt like forever, Toni kept her eyes locked with Sam. Feeling something build up she looked away. Was it tension? Was it annoyance? Was it fear? Was it awkwardness? Was it something good something Toni didn't want to even think about?

"So" Toni said looking back at the sky. "I heard from a little bird that Knight and Taylor had a date over the summer. Any clue how that went?" She asked hoping that this would give them something to talk about even for a short while, hoping that it wouldn't make things more odd.

"Yeah." Sam could agree with Toni on that he wasn't much of a morning person. Say something else idiot! Though he couldn't think of anything to say. He failed miserably under pressure. Instead he just bit the top bit of his lower lip and nodded.

Sam let out another laugh but stopped as she reached over to him. His heart thumped in his chest quickly and loudly. He didn't know what Toni was going to do at first but it turned out she was just taking another piece of seaweed from his hair. He couldn't help but be disappointed. He didn't know what he was expecting but he was still disappointed.

Though his eyes locked with her amazing chocolate brown eyes. They looked especially amazing in the sunset or was it all the time? And he just didn't realise until now. He wanted to lean in closer but she looked away. Thank goodness for that he thought to himself, if she hadn't looked away lord knows what have happened. It took him some time to remove his eyes from her. But he did, with great difficulty, he did it and looked out on the lake that they were just in moments before.

As Toni spoke again Sam was drawn to look at her once more. "Oh yeah, I didn't get a lot of details about the actual date but they're pretty offical now. I was talking to them both and they seemed a bit worried over everyone elses reactions. I told them there was nothing to worry about and.." Sam said catching Toni's eyes again he lost track on what he was saying. He lingered for awhile before he looked away. He wasn't even going to try and pick up from that sentence. Sam spotted his shirt next to him, "Toni are you cold?" Sam said indicating that his shirt was available.

Toni moved tightened her grip around her legs not knowing what else to do. Almost she was tempted to lean slightly closer to Sam just enough to get a reaction to see what would happen. In a way, Toni didn't know if it was worth possibly ruining their friendship, just trying to figure it out. Forget it She thought again like so many times. When would she listen to herself? When would what she thought be completely the right logic?

Carefully, Toni looked over at Sam when he spoke. A smile spread on her lips when she thought about Taylor and Knight. "They will be cute together" Toni said excited to meet up with Taylor and hear all the details. Wasn't that something friends did? Tell every detail of the date with a guy? Toni wasn't exactlys sure. She hadn't had many friends of the female gender until this year. Even know she hoped Taylor considered her as good as a friend as Toni considered Taylor. Maybe even Toni could ask Taylor about this situation. What situation there is no situation Toni said not able to bring her eyes away from Sam's amazing eyes, he did have amazing eyes.

"I don't think anyone will have bad reactions. I mean they didn't have any problem when we" She stopped herself mid sentence. What a thing to say. God think a little more The voice that was her thoughts spoke loud and clear. Why did she even think that bringing up when Sam and her dated was going to be a thing that would make this conversation less odd?

Looking over as Sam asked if she was cold. "Um" She said not knowing how she felt about wearing Sam's shirt. Well of course she had mixed feelings. "I don't want to get it wet" She said simply looking at her still wet outfit. "I mean I'm soaked" She said looking over at Sam then at his shirt than once more at the sunset. "What are people going to think when we walk into the school so wet?" She asked trying to keep the conversation going. "What a sight to see" She continued letting a small laugh escape.

Sam looked over at Toni as she got lost in mid-sentence aswell. He could feel the silence burning his ears. Even though he didn't say it, it was still extremely awkward for the pair of them. He looked over at Toni and gave her a warm smile- a comforting one. Even at a time like this he could pull of a smile.

"Its not a problem if it gets wet. Its not my only shirt." He said softly. As Toni asked what people would think of them he gave his shoulders a quick shurg. "I'm guessing they'll think we were in the lake." he said with a wink, "Most people will be up in the dorms or in the common rooms, its sundown." Sam said gesturing with his hand at the beautiful sunset. "Anyways why are you so worried you only have to go through the dungeons. While me on the other hand has to go all the way up to the fourth floor!" Sam said smacking his hand on his forehead.

Removing his hand from his forehead Sam stopped himself from looking at Toni again. Sam needed to have a good think about his thoughts when he returned to the common room. What was there to think about? These feelings aren't something that will just go away the next time that I see Toni. These feelings are real. Admit it! But he couldn't. He wouldn't let that happen again. Sam realised that they were quiet for some time so he just thought of something quickly, "We have to meet up with everyone again." He didn't know if that was mentioned earlier. He could barely remember what happened when Emma was there. It seemed that so much had happened since then. Sam braved looking over to Toni and yes all of those usual symptoms returned. Yes, he did have feelings for Toni..

Toni smiled softly back at Sam when he gave her a warm smile. Did she make the whole conversation awkward? The silence seemed to answer that. "Well" She said simply not finding an excuse not to take Sam's shirt. Would it even help? Toni didn't know but she shrugged. "Well if you dont' mind a wet shirt" She said flashing him a smile as she let go of her legs placing them in front of her, her arms now free at her side.

Letting out a small laugh as Sam explained that he had to go through he first floor corridor when she just had to walk through the dungeons. "Very true" She said thinking about how when this was over they would have to go in their different ways. Why did that bother Toni so much? Sam and her of course would see each other again, but still something about departing left Toni unhappy. We have some time lift She thought simply as she leaned her head against the tree closing her eyes for only a moment. "I bet no one will notice you either. Now I'll have to freeze walking through those dungeons. You think I'd be used to the temperture but not even close" She said finding for some reasons her words coming easier to her. Was it because she wanted to get out what she had to say before they left each other's side or really at least what Toni could say without saying too much.

"I know. We all hung out so much last year. This year will have to be the same" Without the drama Toni said thought she only thought the last part. Even if she didn't believe in jinxing things she didn't want to even attempt it. Looking over at Sam, Toni flashed him a smile wondering what he was thinking about. "One of these times we should have a pinic one of these days again" Toni said remembering the few pinics that the groups had with the birthdays that were celebrated. "With butterbeer of course" She added with a shining smile. How this Slytherin liked butterbeer and well as much as she hated to admit it pinics.

Sam reached over and grabbed his shirt from the grass and handed it to Toni. "Here you go." He said with a kind smile. Sam laughed at Toni's complaints about walking through the dungeons, he did agree with her about the whole 'temperture' issue, that was one of the worst things about the dungeons. That and of coarse the dank, dark and really just Slytherins in general. Except Hoshi and Toni, they were the only exception.

"Yeah we ought to orgainise something. I mean I haven't even spoke to Hoshi since we came back." He had talked to everyone else, but it really wasn't the same when it was just two. Sam's thoughts continued to rush hetically through his mind. He couldn't believe this was all happening again. But he was still rather confused and didn't know where these feelings would lead him. Chances are Toni wouldn't feel the same way. Anyway he promised himself that he would stay away from girls and drama and he always kept his promises...right?

Though his thoughts came to a standsted as Toni shot him a showstopping smile. A goofy grin spread across his face but he quickly wiped it off to exchange it for a more normal charming one. "I'm looking forward to it." He said after a while in reference to their reunion. In fact he really was looking forward to it, if no one orgainsed something soon, he would.

Toni took the shirt that Sam handed to her. Carefully she held it for a few seconds not wanting to get it wet or was it something else. "Thanks" She said smiling once more as she pulled the shirt over her head loving the feeling of it right away. Looking down at the shirt, Toni let out a small laugh thinking about what others would think if they saw Sam and Toni here. How interesting that would be? Though Toni almost wanted someone to see. Someone then would ask and Toni wanted Sam and herself to have to talk about what was going on. Maybe then they could sort things out. Then Sam could tell me that we are just friends and I could hopefully move on She thought knowing that moving on would be harder than Toni had ever thought. Friends Friends Friends She repeated in her head as she fixed her hair that had frizzed slightly.

"I haven't really seen anyone yet. I should take a visit up to the Sevenfloor corridor in hopes of finding Taylor" Toni said not bothering to mention Hoshi. Toni, even if they shared a house, tried to avoid Hoshi at all costs. The smile on Sam's face made butterflies appear in Toni's stomach. Oh She thought bringing her arms across her stomach. Crossing her arms she hoped it looked completely normal but really she just wanted the butterflies to stop flying around so much. How could one simple smile do some much? "You should organize something though" She said nudging Sam slightly with her elbow. "I'm not grand at organzing really I just go to these types of things" She added with a small laugh.

Sam made sure that his face was completely straight and not looking at Toni at all. But right now he couldn't, his eyes kept slipping towards her. She even looked beautiful in the small bit he could see of her. He wanted to go over to her and put his arms around her, but that would be way too inappropriate! Would it? Of coarse it would!! He thought, arguing with himself.

As Toni suggested that he should orgainse something Sam nodded, "Okay, I will." He confirmed. He'd send out owls as soon as possible. The thought of seeing them all again excited him but then seeing Toni again made him even more excited. As he sat next to her he couldn't imagine leaving her. How long would it be till he saw her again. But now he had that power in his hand. He could easily send out owls to them all to meet within the next couple of days. Yes, he liked that idea a lot.

Sam couldn't stop himself anymore and let his whole head turn to her. He didn't smile, just stared into her eyes, he felt that same tension build up between them that was there before, but it was a lot worse now. Sam almost felt bold for doing this. Like he shouldn't be. He knew that if this continued and something became of it how their friendship which they worked so hard on was at risk. Was he going to risk it? No. No I can't He told himself. He pulled his eyes away from her which didn't stop his heart from racing frantically in his chest, it still did. Say something. Say something NOW! He looked at the lake and quickly said, "Do you know that fish have been on the earth for more than 450 million years..?" What the hell was that?!?!?! Sam wanted to shout out loud at his stupidness or at least flush himself down a loo. He looked at Toni and let out a laugh.

Toni was more than glad that Sam was going to organize this whole meeting once more. That means I'm going to see him again soon She thought mentally shaking that thought. That means I get to see everyone again She corrected herself. Was it everyone that she wanted to see or was it only Sam. Both. All. I don't know Toni's thoughts swirled. Why was this all so confusing. Relax she thought taking a deep breath.

After a few seconds, Toni's eyes looked over at Sam seeing that he was looking right at her, not even a smile on her face. The small smile on Toni's face faded as she looked into Sam's never ending eyes. Her thoughts just seemed to stop as her body and senses just wanted to take over.

Luckily before anything happened, Sam looked away. Was it lucky? Well Toni wasn't sure how she felt about it. Looking straight in front of her her thoughts swirled out of control once more. A more thinking face appeared on. Except with the statement that Sam said. Once he mentioned something about fishes, she let out a laugh. Looking over at him a smile was once more on her face. "Well that's nice to know Sam. If I need to know any more facts about fish I'll owl you" She added with yet another laugh. What was that about She thought knowing that she probably would have said anything else to that type if the silence had lasted longer or if her thoughts hadn't taken too much of her time.

Sam rolled his eyes playfully at Toni's comment. Just tell her.. He thought about it. It would make things much easier...or would it? He took a deep breath and said, "I know that was lame. But its just that..that.." Sam began and looked over at Toni who seemed to be glowing more than ever. His pulse beated loudly and could be heard in his head almost blocking out all thoughts. Stop! Friendship! Don't do it! He changed his mind quickly. "...its nothing. Never mind." That was a bad move and he just wanted to bang his head against the tree bark.

He felt his stomach twist and turn and the amount of butterflies in his stomach wasn't natural. He felt nervous and yet he wanted to go closer to her. Embarassed but wanted to scream out how he was feeling. Sam scratched the top of his head out of awkwardness, right now would be a good time for the ground to swallow him whole. But it didn't, it just stayed there underneath him as still as ever. Sam looked over to Toni who was probably completely confused and fustrated with him.

Toni snuck her tongue out at Sam when he rolled his eyes at her. Though she wondered what was up, what was bothering him, if anything. He is probably thinking about anything but me She thought flashing him a small smile. This smile did fade however when Sam spoke. "What come on" She said pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "I bet it's not lame. Tell me" She said flashing him an encouraging smile. Maybe it will help. Maybe he will set me straight Toni said almost hoping that Sam would tell her that this whole thing was odd and they needed to figure it out. Or maybe she was hoping more on the lines that Sam would agree with the thoughts that were rushing through Toni's head. Keeping her gaze on Sam, her head tilted slightly to the side. She almost hoped that Sam would say what he was about to say.

"No its nothing." Sam continued to say. No way was he telling Toni how he felt. He looked at her with a serious face. He wasn't budging. He couldn't put what he felt for Toni in the way of their friendship he almost lost her last time and he was in no position to do that again. Even the smiles that were on her face which in their own way were pursueding him. But he had made up his mind. He wasn't going to spill. "Really its not important." Sam said this time pulling of his lies. It was something he could rarely do, so Sam never lied but in this case he had to.

Toni gave Sam a look of disbelief but she guessed that he wasn't going to budge. "Fine don't tell me. If you don't trust me enough to let me know" She said in a little dramatic voice but at the end she did happen to flash Sam a smile. She wouldn't push him into telling her if he really didn't want to. Maybe this just meant that whatever he was going to say wouldn't be important. And you go your hopes up She thought almost finding it silly that she wanted to think that Sam was going to say something about what she was thinking. He probably wasn't even thinking the same things.

"If you say it's not important I believe you" Toni said as her gaze turned to the view ahead of her. Placing her hands on the side, Toni sat there for a short while not saying a word. The silence of the ending day not as awkard as Toni would have expected. Leaning her head back onto the bark of the tree a bit more she closed her eyes softly. "I've always wanted to spend the night outside like camping" Toni said feeling that it didn't really go with the conversation at all. Really it was random but still it was one of her many thoughts that were going through her head. One of the few that didn't involve Sam. "Have you ever been camping?" She wondered opening her eyes for just a moment to catch Sam's gaze.

Sam knew that Toni wasn't that serious with she said but he wanted to clear it up anyway, "You know I trust you." Sam trusted Toni a lot, he could tell her everything...except this one time. He looked back over at her catching a glimpse of her smile, he felt a rush of- well he didn't know what it was- but it was of something. He smiled back automatically not even sure if she saw it or not.

"Thanks.." Sam apprieciated the fact that she wasn't going to keep trying to find out what he thought. Looking out onto the lake Sam noticed that the sky was a little darker. He didn't know what time it was nor did he want to know. As Toni said that she wanted to go camping Sam nodded and looked around to her, leaning his head on the tree. "I've never been but I'd like to. There wasn't really much camping sites in London and we never really went on much family outtings together." Sam mumbled the last part sourly. Everyone elses families seemed to always go on family vacations and outings. He had been on very few and most of them were business related. "But now in New Zealand, there seems to be more spots." He sad withput redrawing his gaze from Toni.

"I know you trust me" Toni said smiling at the thought. Not many people seemed to trust Toni in the past. Was it because at her old school she was the queen of spreading rumours or maybe she just never found anyone she could trust as much as she trusted Sam. Sam knew just about everything about Toni for she had no secrets from him, well not a lot of secrets.

Toni shrugged off Sam's thank you. It wasn't like she was going to get whatever he was going to say out of him. Maybe he would tell her later or maybe not. Looking over at the sky, her eyes glanced over at Sam every once and awhile.

"Well maybe we will have to sneak out on of these nights and have a camp out" Toni said smiling at the thought. How much fun would that be. Though when she looked over at Sam her stomach once more filled with butterflies. Maybe a camp out with him wouldn't be the smartest thing, at least until she could control these emotions that were running wild.

She ignored the statement that Sam had about his family. She knew that Sam hated his family. Why would Toni want to bring that up to make the conversation more awkward. As of now the conversation seemed to be going ok. yet the night was almost over and Toni could tell by the darkening sky. "It's getting late" Toni said looking over at Sam for a moment before looking over at the sky. Her stomach not able to take anymore long glances at Sam. The butterflies would completely run wild if she looked at Sam again.

Sam nodded at her suggestion but couldn't believe he just agreed with it. Was she joking or was she serious? "Yeah that would be way cool." He said quietly. If he acted this dumb around Toni he defintely would not be camping with her. Everytime he looked at her his heart raced immensly. He was definetly past the 'friends' stage, one does not thing about a friend the way Sam thought about Toni.

Sam looked over at Toni and caught her gaze but only for a second. For once in a very long time Sam had the urge to lean over and kiss her. But he turned away quickly just as she turened away. "Yeah it is." He said, his throat was dry. "Do you want to go back to the castle?" Sam asked Toni. It was up to her really, he would go back to the castle with her if she wanted or he would stay out longer with her if she wanted, in fact he would stay out all night with her if she wanted.

Toni smiled as Sam did agree. Maybe he thought it was a good idea, obviously he did. Though Toni also guessed that Sam wasn't going through this confusion that Toni was, all her thoughts going through her mind were probably not going through Sam's. You are just having a moment. Get over it and move on She thought keeping the smile on her face hoping that it looked nothing but normal.

Toni keep her gaze on the sky that was darkening by the second. She almost hoped that she didn't have to go in, that the night would never come. "The night always seems to ruin these types of things" Toni said surprised at the fact that this statement came out of her mouth. What had she meant by this 'these types of things'. God you are an idiot. "I mean it's been a fun day. I'd hate to see it end and all that" Toni said trying to fix what she said. Hopefully everything would work out and Sam wouldn't take what she said any differently than a normal statement.

"If you want to go in we can. I mean I don't mind staying out for a bit longer" She said looking over at Sam for a moment so tempted to just move closer to him. Don't screw up the friendship She thought keeping her distance.

Sam could agree with what she had just said. The night really did come quick when it was just the two of them. It always came when he wanted to stay longer, it really was his typical luck. Though when she said 'these type of things' Sam couldn't help but be a little confused. What did she mean by that? Was she feeling what he was feeling? Probably not, she probably didn't want to go out with anyone since Beau. Though when she 'corrected' herself he just nodded, "Yeah, it was a good day." He couldn't imagine himself being with Toni without having a good day.

Sam couldn't help but let a wide smile appear on his face which brightened up his features. Toni wanted to stay longer. "Oh okay. Thats cool." He said casually though he was jumping on the inside. "So..how are things going for you with classes and stuff?" He asked her as he looked up at the large castle then back to Toni and this time he kept her gaze. He didn't let it drop he just waited for her reply. Okay it was lame but not as lame as the fish comment. Sam thought, maybe he was getting used to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back