Flashback Time

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni couldn't believe how fast the summer had passed. Thankfully she had survived the triplet terrors all summer having been able to avoid most of them so far this school year as well. Of coarse it was harder to avoid Skye now that she was a Slytherin, but still Toni was skillful enough to make her way away from any of her family. Leaving her family in the dust, Toni really hadn't hung out with any of her friends either. Maybe she was just trying to get over the whole Beau situation which still had a small part in her mind, or maybe it was that she didn't know what to really say to any of them anymore. After the whole Hoshi's party when Toni basically had a break down she was more anti social than ever before.

Going along with her mood. Toni decided that she might as well make her way out towards the lakefront. This lakefront held many memories for this now second year Slytherin. More than Toni really wanted to remember, yet that one little voice in her mind told her that it would be better to get them all out now, it would make them easier to push back.

Walking far enough from the lakefront, Toni had her normal bounce to her step. The summer hadn't changed her too much. Sure she grew an inch. Her hair was now brighter blonde to the natural bleach of the sun. Her skin surprisingly was still pale and her figure ever so slender. Her outfit today was a simple sun dress that was cinged like most her outfits around her waist where a nice green belt was. Her hair today was slightly wavy and the bracelet that Beau gave her was still on her wrist.

With each step however she was feeling more like her old self thinking less and less of Beau and more of Sam and Knight and Taylor and even at times Hoshi and Aeon. Toni really would have to get together with them again, show them that she wasn't as changed as everyone had imagined, that she was almost completely back to her old self.

Sam had started the year of exactly like he had did last time. Lessons had only begun and he was already behind on assignments, some people asked him how it was possible, he didn't come up with an answer for those questions. Once again he put off doing that small pile of unfinished assignments on his bed and left to go for a small walk. He wore a casual shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, it really was his trademark outfit. Over the summer Sam had done countless amounts of training physically: He took up running, soccer and Basketball. Basketball was his favourite and now he was exceptionally good at it. His shoulders were now broader and his chest was fuller, he was a few centimetres taller and his facial features had sharpened. His hair was now even spiked up. Though his calm blue eyes were still exactly the same.

He found himself walking towards the lake, which he hadn't been to since the year began. As he walked he realised how little of his friends he saw over the summer, maybe they all met up and because of all his training he couldn't be reached. He hoped not. There was many days when he was so bored that getting an owl from one of his friends would have brightened that whole week. But he hadn't got an invite or even a letter from his friends. There was no contact. The last he saw of them was at Hoshi's birthday and he definietly was not in good form that day. But as the thoughts whirled through his head he saw a blonde figure not to far away- Toni? He walked a little quicker to see if it was her. His supicisions were right. He walked much faster though silently and fell in step with her, "Hey." he said softly not wanting to scare her too much.

Toni's thoughts were moving so fast in her mind that she wasn't really thinking about anything really just everything all together, if that made any sense. To Toni it made all the sense in the world. That was just how she was now a days. Hopefully she would be able to focus on one thing or another as time passed but as of now she thought about everything detail upon detail almost afraid that she would miss something along the way.

Toni's gaze was focused ahead of her not really paying attention to the world around her. Though when she heard a familiar voice her thoughts were pushed away and a smile appeared on her face. Turning her head, she knew it was Sam right away. Resisting the urge to just stop walking and reach over giving him the biggest hug yet, Toni just smiled. "Hey" She said finally looking over how he had changed, not too much but surely enough.

"I'm taking it you had a good summer" She said meaning his whole new change including his hair in which Toni loved it to death. "I never did get the chance to stop over" She added wishing she had gotten the courage to send him an owl. Yet after everything including the party, Toni couldn't bring herself up to it. "Glad to be back in school?" She asked bringing her gaze off Sam to in front of her once more.

"Yeah it was alright." Sam shrugged when she asked about his summer, "It had its ups and downs. Though I am so ready to beat you in a race now." he laughed, it was his main objective over the summer. Though when she mentioned that she didn't get a chance to come over Sam nodded, "Its okay. Your the first person I've been talking to since Hoshi's birthday. Its crazy. It feels like I haven't seen you guys in ages!" Sam said, glad that he had gone for this walk instead of finishing his assigment. "I actually am glad that we're back. Not the whole lesson thing, that just sucks. But just to be back here with you guys...y'know?" Sam told her, he could hang out with them all a lot more, he could going flying again and he could use his magic once more.. He also was now away from Ava which was much better indeed. "What about you? How was your summer?" By this he really just mean't in general. About the whole 'Beau' thing. He did notice that she was back to her usual self which was plain awesome, but was this just an act? He didn't know.

Toni smiled as Sam said he had an okay summer. Looks like you had better than okay She thought but knew better than to say something like that aloud. Really Toni knew she shouldn't even be thinking things like that. It really just wasn't right. Was it? Later She thought pushing all those questions out of mind.

"Oh I doubt you can beat me in a race. I was swimming all summer. I totally have leg muscles now" Toni said adding a little laugh. Did she have leg muscles? No not really but still hopefully she was fast enough to still beat Sam even if he had made it a mission to cream her in a race. Toni did however find that mission amusing.

When he mentioned Hoshi's party though Toni had a small shiver creep up her spine. Still she had not recovered from that whole thing and mentioning it now or ever was not going to be good. Hoping that Sam hadn't noticed her small shake, Toni spoke again as if she was back to who she was before this whole last year drama well at least before the hard hitting drama. "Well of course lessons suck. There are so many new Professors as well. I bet we were just too much for them last year" Toni said smirking slightly wondering deep down if that was true. If the now second years had causes the professors to quit. How amusing that would be.

Yet as Sam asked how Toni's summer was she shrugged knowing his meaning behind the question and not quite ready to answer it truthfully. "I tried to avoid my annoying sisters at all cause" Toni said the smile on her face close to real. Memories were being brought up while she talked to Sam, really Toni didn't care for that all at. Pushing the memories back she continued with the conversation. "Basically all summer I drank butterbeer, went swimming, and well that's about it" She said twirling a strand of her hair for a moment before letting it fall right positioned on the side of her face.

"Oh yeah right." Sam said rolling his eyes playfully as she said she had leg muscles. "Well your 'leg muscles' are nothing to mine." He grinned and laughed. His legs weres still quite skinny and he doubted he had any muscles at all. As the conversation moved onto classes and professors, Sam agreed. "Yeah. I know. I don't like that new potions professor." Sam said stubbornly, Professor Fox left out of the blue and this new professor came in. She was rude and seemed to be quite lazy. "Do we have more classes together?" he asked her curiously. He'd love that. Sam hadn't even glanced at his timetable yet, he just followed the other second year Hufflepuffs to the classes.

"Oh thats right. Your sisters are here now aren't they?" Sam asked, wondering if he'd ever met them. Sam couldn't help but let a smiole creep onto his face as she mentioned what she did all summer. "That sounds like a pretty okay summer to me." He said though he was really starting to regret not sending her an invite or even a letter. Now that he was walking here alongside her, it really showed how much he missed her. "Have you spoken to anyone else since Hoshi's party?" Sam asked her wondering if they had met up over the summer.

Emma walked down to the lake front wearing a horizantily stripped, long sleeve shirt, with a white tank top underneath and a pair of jean shorts with flip flops. Her normally wavy hair was straightened and she had a pair of thick glasses on that sunk down on her nose. Today she seemed to have a happy, joyful aura, like that of a sun drop, and enjoyed every moment of it, grinning at passerbys, and stricking up conversation with those she didn't know.

When the Ravenclaw reached the lake front, she spotted a familiar figure. She scanned her mind for a name, to the face. Before smiling a hazey grin. It was Samuel, and someone she had yet to meet. She walked over to the two, hoping she wasn't intruding, and if she was, she would simply leave. "Hello Samuel," she breathed dreamily. She looked over at the girl that was sitting with him, and saw her aura, for a moment her eye brows pressed together, forming a crease in between them. It was a very curious one, but she let it slide, and smiled, not at all noticing how similar they looked. She hardly ever noticed anyone's appearance because with her mind's eye she just couldn't see them, it was an odd situation.

"Psh what leg muscles" Toni teased rolling her eyes at Sam. She couldn't imagine seeing Sam completely buff though. Really Toni woudn't care for that sight at all. He was fine just how he was. "I haven't had potions yet" Toni said shrugging. At least she didn' think she had potions. When she thought about it was it was sure thing that she didn't. "The Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor is well I don't know what I think of him yet" Toni said once more shrugging. She wasn't sure of a lot of things anymore.

Though as Toni thought about whether they had classes together she once more shrugged letting out a small laugh. "How would I know I just follow day to day. I hope we do though. Someone to keep me awake in classes would be nice" Toni said knowing quite well that she could never fall asleep in class. She just tried to act as if she couldn't care less.

Nodding as her sisters came into the picture. "Yeah Madison got in Hufflepuff so watch out for her. Skye is in Slytherin and Bailey Gryffindor" Toni went on not wanting to think about her sisters now. They were a total and complete pain.

Again the mention of Hoshi's party sent a small chill up Toni's spine. Crossing her arms across her chest she tried not to act as if just the memories bothered her. "no I haven't seen anyone" Toni said but before she could continue another girl bopped up to them.

Though the second the first year called Sam, Samuel a laugh escaped Toni's lips. "Samuel" She said turning to Sam for a moment trying really hard not to laugh. Finally she composed herself and took a look at the girl. Not remembering the face, Toni decided to remain quiet for now, something she rarely did.

"Oh right, I forgot, Professor King has left aswell." Sam said disappointedly he had always liked Professor King. "Woah, a load of professor have left." Sam said not really realising it completely until now. "Oh Professor Cross left... I think." Sam was surprised he noticed, usually he was daydreaming or asleep in those classes.
"Oh cool, I'll look out for..Madison was it?" Sam asked just to be sure. He probably already passed her by without even realising. That was bound to happen. Sam wondered what it would be like to have so many siblings, he wondered what it'd be like just to have one sibling. He really would've liked to have a sibling.In a way Sam was glad that none of them met up over vacation. At least he wasn't left out. Well, if this was the case that none of them had seen each other since Hoshi's party they'd definitely have to get together soon.
Then Sam saw a familiar face appear, he had met Emma breifly on the street of Brightstone. As she called him Samuel, he smiled. She was the first and only person to call him that. He looked at Toni who was laughing and playfully and lightly punched her arm. "Hey Emma." He said quite embarrassed. "Oh, this is Toni." He said quickly, "Toni. Emma. Emma. Toni." He added.

Emma saw the girl laugh at the name she called Samuel and a curious look rose on her small, pale features. She looked over at Samuel when he punched the girl's arm, it seemed that he was embarassed from the name she had given him. "Pleasure I'm sure," she said with her canon sundrop smile. "I'm not intruding am I?" she asked both Samuel and the girl named Toni, politely, but still not loosing the dreamyness to her tone.

Emily placed her hands in the pockets of her jean shorts, awaiting a response, but her gaze moving away from the two older students and onto the sky. She inhaled the feeling she got from it, before looking cyrptically back at the two. Wondering if she would have to put this meeting down in Sileas so she could actually remember the two people. She always had the hardest time with her memory, and assumed that this was because of all the auras and feelings she got from people, creatures and things.

Toni nodded when Sam remembrered that Professor King left. Actually Toni didn't mind that professor even if she did hate the class. Now she hated the class and possibly the professor as well. A few more classes and Toni will be able to figure out which professors she liked and didn't. "And yeah Professor Cross is gone as well" Toni said almost positive about that fact as well. Very few of the old professors from last year remained.

"Well it's not cool. Sam, Madison is really a pain. So hyper not like me at all" Toni said rolling her eyes thinking about her bubbly sister that at least looked up to Toni, but still. Pushing the thought of Madison out of mind, Toni hoped that Sam as well as herself could avoid the hyper hufflepuff.

As Sam playfully punched her, the smile on her face widened. Why did Toni find it so funny that someone called Sam Samuel? She wasn't sure. Samuel just didn't seem to fit the Sam she knew. "Nice to meet you Emma" Toni said simply guessing that if Emma was a friend of Sam's than she must be at least decent. "And no I don't think you are intruding" Toni said looking over at Sam just to make sure.

Sam shook his head, "Nope. Not at all." He said when Emma asked if she was intruding. Sam looked back over to Toni who was looking at him and he gave her a small smile. He didn't know why, but it was just like an automatic reflex for him these days. "So what house did you get into Emma?" He asked her enthuaistically. If he were the sorting hat and had to make a choice it would definietly be Ravenclaw. She seemed to be someone who would fit that house. He ran his hand trough his spiked hair as he waited for her reply.

Emma then sat down beside Samuel* and responded with pride climbing into her voice, "Ravenclaw, as expected." She picked up a blade of grass and played with it between her slender fingers. "Samuel, you said you were in Hufflepuff, correct?" she asked curiously. "And Toni you're in.. Slytherin?" she guessed, hoping that Toni wouldn't take that to offense, it was just what she saw in the colours erupting through her hands. She gave her a beaming, sundrop smile, before turning her gaze to Samuel.

*Question: They are sitting right?

*I think they're standing =)) *

"Well congratulations." Sam said kindly and clapped her on the back. "Oh yeah, Hufflepuff. Thats me." He said just as proud as Emma talked about Ravenclaw. Though his eyebrow raised when she pressumed that Toni was Slytherin. How did she know this? Why would she pressume this? Sam thought to himself silently. Though he caught Emma looking at him and he looked back at her, he nodded once and gave her a small smile. He then looked back at Toni and waited for her answer.

*Yep they are standing*

Toni waited for Emma's reply as to which house she was in. In her mind Toni was trying to guess. Either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Not hufflepuff Toni thought. Still she didn't care too much for Hufflepuffs well other than Sam that was. Though in Toni's mind Sam didn't count as a hufflepuff anymore.

Once Emma answered Ravenclaw, Toni nodded her head liking tha better than the idea of Hufflepuff. Though she smiled as Emma guessed Toni was in Slytherin. "yeah I'm in Slytherin" Toni said the pride appearing slightly in her voice for that moment. Yet for some reason as Toni saw Emma looking at Sam a small pange of jealous welled up in her. Relax. Toni reminded herself.

"So" Toni said hoping to draw Emma's gaze from Sam. "How do you two know each other?" She asked.

Sam laughed a little at Toni's question, he looked back at Emma and then back to Toni. "Well.." he said smiling at how they met, "I was walking in Brightstone and I heard someone call my name. So I looked around to see who was calling me when a dog went running by. I went to get the dog and returned it to Emma. Turns out her dogs name was Sam and she was calling for him." He said before laughing once more, he looked back to Emma to see if she wanted to add anything but he thought he covered most of it. "It was an odd but yet very interesting way to meet." He said with a smile. He at first thought it was Jenna by the way Emma called him, first she just called 'Sam' and then 'Sammy'. Jenna always used to call him that. Though everytime Jenna came into his head now it was just an automatic reflex to get her out. He was over her now and was glad to be.

Toni knew her question was probably stupid beyond belief but that small monster of jealousy was building up inside of her for a reason that Toni did not know. Ignoring Sam's laugh, she listened to the story. She was calling her dog. They just met. Nothing big Her thoughts swirling thankfully a smile filled on her face.

"Well no wonder she calls you Samuel" Toni said the word 'Samuel' odd coming off her tongue. "Wouldn't want to confuse you for her dog" Toni continued flashing Emma a smile, was it a fake forced smile? It didn't look like one but Toni wasn't sure whether it was close to real or not.

Toni ran her hand through her hair making sure that it did still look perfect when she was all done. Her gaze falling on Sam than the Ravenclaw named Emma than Sam once more. Her words seemed to be failing her as of now.

"Yeah." Sam agreed with Toni, "I think that was it." He looked to Emma for reassurance on why she called him Samuel. He then looked at Toni who was looking at Emma he then turned to look at Emma. She looked normal to Sam. Sam looked back at Toni who was looking at him. Silence filled the air around them. Though Sam didn't want to speak. He looked at Toni and didn't want to look away. He smiled one of his signature smiles- a smile that resembled happiness, reassurance and playfulness. Though it didn't turn out to be some goofy mess, in fact it was charming. He looked away quickly and out onto the lake, "So how are you finding Hogwarts so far Emma?" he asked, it being the first thing in his head. What was that? Sam thought thinking of that moment he had just shared with Toni.

*Well just pretend she's standing then

Emma could feel the harsh aura that she was getting from Toni, and she winced, but gave her a sundrop smile. After a moment, she could feel affection between Sam and Toni, and she almost giggled into her hand, but she stiffled it and answered, "Hogwarts is lovely, I still haven't had the chance to research more about this Qudich?" When she said what was supposed to be Quidditch, she said it almost questioningly, she could barely remember what had happened, so it was decent enough for her. "Well, I can see I'm interrupting something between you two, I'll just go find Leia," she said breazily, and gave Toni a smile, and one to Sam as well, but her smile to Sam was just a tad more warmer and sunnier. "Goodbye," she breathed, as she left.

"Quidditch." Sam said correcting her with a smile. He remembered trying to explain it to her when they first met. Sam's eyebrows raised, "Well, I can see I'm interrupting something between you two.." Sam looked at Toni then back at Emma. "Wait? What?" But Emma seemed to have already made up her mind. She smiled to Sam and he returned the same warm smile though it did hold a bit of confusion. "I'll talk to you later.." Sam said, not really knowing what 'later' mean't. Maybe Sam could find Leia - a fellow Hufflepuff friend - and he could find Emma, maybe ask about what she said. What did she mean by 'something?' Sam looked back at Toni and said just as confused, "What?" Sam asked.

Toni rolled her eyes as Emma misspoke one of the major wizarding sports. Though she didn't say a word about it seeing how Sam already corrected her. Of course Sam would be the one to do so. Sam could probably talk ages about quidditch and the part that Toni found odd was that she would probably listen to every word even if he was just going through the basics that she already knew by heart. Luckily the conversation didn't go into that, but it did take a little turn that Toni wasn't even expecting.

Emma seemed to think that there was something going on, that she was interupting Sam and Toni. These's nothing going on just two friends Toni thought for her own convincing more than anything else. Maybe this whole thing, situation, Toni's slight jealousy towards a friend of Sam that just happened to be female, was due to her head not being quite right. A lot had happened the past year and even in the summer. It may just be that Toni had to get her head on straight once more....or was it something else?

"Bye" Toni said finally as she watched the Ravenclaw girl walk off. Turning right to Sam who looked just as confused as Toni felt. "umm I'm not quite sure" Toni said shrugging as she looked out to where the Ravenclaw girl was walking away. "Apparently Emma thought something was going on" Toni said a small forced laugh coming out of her mouth as if that was a ridiculous assumption that the first year had made. Was it? Yes Yes Yes don't even do this to yourself The small voice rang in Toni's head making more sense yet would she listen to it?

"So she's well interesting...." Toni said finally not wanting a silence to fill the conversation right now. After what had just been said by a girl that Toni had just meant, a silence coming into play would not be good at all.

Sam bit his lip, "Yeah. But thats crazy. I don't know what shes on about!" Sam said with a uneasy forced laugh. Why did I force that laugh? He asked himself, this is mad. Stop this now! He wanted to hit himself to get these thoughts out of his head. Toni is your friend! Your FRIEND! He kept his face normal and he shoved his hands in his pockets for that extra 'casual' effect.

"Yeah she is. But I like her." he shrugged, he was quite fond of Emma. Though he didn't really know her all that well. Thats it, see back to normal. He said before he looked back at Toni and couldn't bring himself to look away... again. He forced another smile and made himself look away. This is not happening! Sam couldn't think of one thing to say. Not anything. He tried to think of something frantically, but nothing came to mind. His mind was blank. He took his hand from his front pocket and scratched the back of his head out of awkwardness.

For some reason, Toni was a little saddened that Sam thought the idea of crazy. Of course he thinks it's crazy. So do I right. Yes of course I do of course She thought showing nothing but that simple smile on her face. If Sam thought the idea of crazy than Toni just must be off to even have her thoughts trying to wrap around such a thing. Running her hand through her hair again just to do something, Toni's gaze tried to stray from Sam's. That's all she needed to do was look into his eyes. Stop! She thought to herself not wanting to even think about it anymore. Say something anything She thought trying so hard to find something not related to Emma or her comment. How could one first year make a conversation so odd? Was it even Emma that made it this way or was it heading in this direction from the start?

Turning to look at Sam once more her voice failing her once more What is wrong with me? She thought seeing Sam looked away. Toni did the same staring out in front of her. They were still standing. Say something Her mind commanded again as her gaze was brought onto the lake. "We can go sit by the lake dip our feet in" Toni suggested "As long as you don't let any mermaids pull me in" She continued letting out a small laugh.

Silence was now almost painful to Sam. But yet he couldn't think of anything to say. Sam didn't know what was happening here, well in fact he had a feeling what it was but wasn't going to admit it. This is nothing. He reminded himself, hoping that if he thought about it like that long enough this awkwardness would go and he and Toni could just be normal like they always were.

She probably thinks I'm an idiot! Sam thought as he was silent for quite some time. But she was quiet aswell? Then she spoke and her voice washed all of the stupid, unnecessary thoughts out of his head. Sam nodded a little too quickly, "Yeah sure." He said that also a little too quickly. Though once he actually registered what she said he couldn't help but laugh, "No. I won't let any mermaids drag you in." He smirked. He made the first move and walked over to the lake and slipped off his shoes and socks. He then sat down and dipped his feet in, letting the cold water swallow them. He didn't dare look back at Toni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back