First Trip to the Forest

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
For the last few nights, Vivienne had been having trouble sleeping. She didn't know why, but she felt odd. Being locked up in class all day, she was craving air, and needed to go for a walk. Slipping on some shoes, she snuck out of the dormitory. Vivienne had never really broken the rules, but for some reason she walked right out of the common room door. She kept walking until she reached the entrance hall. Not even hesitating, Vivienne opened the doors, continuing across the lawn until she reached the forbidden forest. Looking down at her feet, she knew they should be stopping. But they didn't. Vivienne had been walking amongst the trees for a while, when she stopped dead in her tracks. She looked around, not knowing why she had come here, or even how deep into the forest she was. All she knew was that she was lost. Blinking, she looked around. Every tree looked the same, no path, no footprints. Just her and the shadows.

Mist was taking a walk when she noticed a small girl. She grabed her bow and pointed an arrow at the girl. "Leave now, the forest can is dangerous at night" Mist said while walking over to the girl.

Vivienne heard a voice, and looked up with a dazed expression. "Who.. sorry, what..? Oh, you're Mist..! I think I know you.."
Vivienne didn't understand the words coming out of her mouth. She didn't know who this was, or why she had called her Mist. And she didn't know why her wand was raised. Was she in danger?

(( In case you're confused, Vivienne has been walking into the forest for a few nights, and listening to the conversations going on without realising it. Sort of like she's sleepwalking. She hasn't remembered any of it until tonight, when it's all coming back at once. ))

(( have you guessed who Mist is yet? :p ))

Mist still having her bow raised asked, "Why do you know my name!? and put your wand down stupid girl" Mist hissed, as if a 1st year had a chance against a centaur. "You shouldnt be out her late at night, or any time for that matter, this is our forest"

(( Lol yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Arisa :p ))

"I'm in the forest?" Vivienne asked quietly, looking around as if seeing it for the first time again. She didn't lower her wand, instead, tightening her grip on it. "But the forest is out of bounds. I wouldn't go anywhere out of bounds.."

"Well obvously you did, and you have been coming here before if you know my name" Mist said glaring at the girl finally lowering her bow. "Do you even know your way out?" Mist asked her voice softening a bit, but not by much.

"May I suggest that the girl just got lost?" Thearus moved out from the trees slowly, coming into view. He looked over to the girl, before returning over to mist.

"Perhaps, but that dosnt explain how she knew my name" Mist said still eyeing the girl. "Come on we might as well show her the way out"

"I would, but she isnt in a right mind, and holding a wand" He gave a slight smile before continuing, "I would rather not draw my sword.."

Mist was a little annoyed "put your wand away girl, no harm will come to you with us here" Mist said in a kind voice, a rare thing for someone who was not her brother.

Vivienne lowered her wand. "Thearus, isn't it?" She said, still confused by the words coming out of her mouth.

"Aye, I don't suppose you could consider letting me take you back to castle?" He asked taking a few slow steps to the girl.

"No. I have to find out why I'm here." Vivienne said sternly. She used to sleepwalk when something bad was happening, but nothing bad was happening now.. that she knew of. Vivienne took a few steps depper into the forest, looking for something to jog her memory.

Mist snorted "Your just going to get eaten or lost, and if you think im going to show you around your sadly mistaken" Mist said in her usual hard voice.

"I'll figure it out myself then," Vivienne said, trying to act brave. In reality she was getting more nervous as time went on. She looked down at her shoes, now ruined by the mud, expecting them to take her where she needed to go. They didn't move.

"You were probably just sleep walking, it really is time you head back to the school" Mist said steoing closer to the confused girl.

But I only sleepwalk when I know something bad is happening, Vivienne thought to herself.

"Fine," She said stubbornly. "But how do I get out of here.."

"Come on we'll take you" Mist said looking at Thearus.

"Ok.." Vivienne said with a tired smile. "By the way, I just wondering, are centaurs animals? Because I read in a book that you are, but I wasn't sure.." she asked, hoping that wasn't an offensive question.

Mist flaired her nostrails "We are not animals" She snareled "if anything the students are" Mist hissed glaring at the girl.

"Mist, she was just asking...."Thearus strode up beside mist and then looked to the child. "If there's any advise I can give you, is never use centaur and animal in the same sentence". He slipped his hand into mist's without thinking. "If anything we centaurs are more knowledgeable then humans, and we also have a far greater pride" He gave a chuckle and said, "but its ok..., we wont hurt you"He glanced to mist and said, "will we?"

Mist felt Thearus slip his hand in hers and squeezed it. She nodded "Im sorry i snapped like that" Mist said to the girl "we wont hurt you" Mist said thinking if Thearus didnt have her hand she would be reaching fer her bow right now.

"Oh, I'm sorry.. I didn't realise.. I agree with you though. A lot of the humans around here are quite slow.." Vivienne said, trying to keep Mist calm.

"What is your name child?" Asked Thearus conversationally. He knew his hand was all that was stopping mist from getting her bow and kept it around hers.

"Uhh.. Vivienne.. Esquire" She said dazedly, forgetting her own name for a second because she was so tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back