First trip out

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda had felt much better for the last week and finally had convinced Esmerelda that she was strong enough to go out to get her supplies. She hadn't even started on them yet but had strolled instead down the familiar streets, she had known and loved for the past few years. It was hard to imagine that she had been taken away from all of this, for some reason though her feet propelled her forward down the darker part of Obsidian. It was almost as if this was where her soul belonged now - the dismal parts of the world, the bleak and nasty parts. She shivered at the thought that she might now just be as bad as all those Durmstrang students she had encountered, that somehow they had tarnished her permanently and though she would always look like Andromeda from the outside, she would never truly be her inside anymore.

Of course looking now inside a dirty window, her reflection staring back at her she knew she didn't look much like Andromeda anyhow. At least not the healthy vibrant girl that had left Hogwarts some months back, she was pale, thinner, gangly her hair was red again but so much shorter and she never bothered to fly anymore. Her trade mark, her passion. She just didn't care, even quidditch had lost its appeal. Nothing seemed to matter. Andromeda turned away from the window and realised that she had walked down through Bleak Street, that her feet had kept moving until she was now in the darkest part of the Alley. It didn't bother her, she knew enough magic to get her out of situations now. She had been taught in the Dark Arts at Durmstrang though she hated every second of it. Her feet continued to move her along, not caring at this point where she was actually going she allowed them to lead her.

Bleak Street. This was one place she thought she would never go in. To much dark energy. It made her sick to her stomach. She sucked it up though because she though she had seen someone go down this way. She thought she saw Andy go down this way. Andy out side was something she didn't think she would see this summer. She had be writing to Ms. Smickett begging if she could go visit Andy at the Gables only to get the same "She needs her rest" line over and over again.

Andy did not look well but she was still the beautiful girl in Zazuka's eyes. Then again Zazuka had a tendency to look at person for who they where rather than what they looked like. Probobly how she ended dating Andrew. She walked up to Andy with an exsited smile on her face. "Andy." She said said in an awed whisper. She still could not believe she was looking at her best friend in the fleash for the first time in a year.

Scorpius had had enough shopping this past week to last him a lifetime. He roamed the streets in boredom, not wanting to find Prince or Toni since they were now a couple and he wanted to give them their privacy, instead of tagging along all the time. His mind wandered over to Hoshi wondering where she was this whole time, he hadn't seen her once all week in Obsidian Harbor or Brightstone Village. His eyes wandered over to the Borely Mansion and he chuckled to himself at the adventures he, Toni, and Prince had had there. He was feeling a little more adventurous now though so he kept going until he ended up in Bleak Street.

The place, although there were many rumors about it, didn't seem very adventurous at all and what was even worse, he had no one to talk to, so it was just a lonely alley. He continued to walk until he accidentally bumped into a redhead. "I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," he said to her quickly. He noticed she was not alone and instantly recognized the girl who had helped him in Ollivanders. "Hello again, Zazuka was it?" he said, a smile forming upon his face.

Andromeda couldn't help but recognise the voice of her bestfriend, it didn't seem to matter that she hadn't heard it in the longest time. She turned and her amber eyes lit up for the first time in months. Zuka was standing right there infront of her, it took every ounce of strength she had not to hug her friend to bits. That was the old Andromeda, this one the tarnished one, didn't do hugs, didn't do the 'nice girly' stuff. Instead she allowed herself a smile.
"Z wow... you look" no more was spoken as a boy careened into her. She didn't mean to but her eyes flamed in annoyance, too many bad habits had been picked up from her torture chamber. She didn't let things pass anymore, an accidental bump or not she was ticked off now.
"Do you mind? I'd advice you to pay more attention in future" the boy seemed to know Z which made her own contrite retort to him even sharper. Would Zuka mind Andromeda's reaction? Would she allow her to be nasty when she had never known her to be before?

Mike was busy getting the rest of his supplies when he came across bleak street. Time and time, again, his Dad had warned him never to enter here. Everytime Mike asked why, he was always told be quiet, or his dad never answered. Mike was on his own this time, and temptation got the better of him, and Mike thenwent with his instinct over heart, and entered the darkened alley.

Mike wandered down, always looking over his shoulder. Mike turned looking and examing the nooks and crannies, when he heard some familiar voices. He turned around to see fellow Gryffinsor Andromeda Fiorelli, and his love hate relationship between fellow second soon to be third year Zazuka, and another person, Mike had not seen, and guessed him to be starting the next yeat. "Hey guys" Mike said, when walking over, he nodded at the boy" Mike Goulding" he said extending his hands. "Guess what, Im officially a prefect" Mike said, a smile bursting from his face.

Zazuka smiled and shook her head. "I look almost exsactly the way I did when you left me. Only my freakles have faded into almost nothing." She said pointing at her cheeks which were almost clear exsept for small specks here and there. "And you are almost twigs but don't worry we will fatten you up again at Hogwarts." She said and gave her friend the hearty hug she wanted to give her for ages. Ever since Andy left and she found out what had happened. That was until she noticed that a boy had bumped into them.

Scorpius, the boy she had met in Ollivander's had bumped into Andy. She was a bit surprised at Andy's reaction but smiled softly. "Don't worry he's a new Ravenclaw." She whispered to Andy. "Yes it was and you really might want to try to be careful here not everyone is as nice as we are if the stories of Bleak street are true." She said kindly with a polight smile on her face. She waived at Mike but did not say much to him.

Scorpius' eyebrows furrowed together when the girl snapped at him. "Hey," he said with just as much fierceness in his voice, "it was an accident, and I did say sorry." He looked at her bewildered as to why she would be so moody to him when she seemed so happy to see Zazuka a few moments before he had accidentally bumped into her. He gave Zazuka a confused look mixed with amusement as she said not everyone was as nice as them, when the other girl had just snapped at him.

Just then another boy who seemed to know the two came from behind and startled Scorpius a little. He shook his hand and introduced himself as well, "Scorpius Knight. Err congratulations on being made Prefect." He felt a little weird being in the middle of this exchange of information.

"Thanks, er Scorpius, so let me guess Z, you were successful as were you Andy?" Mike asked.

Andromeda decided not to share the information just yet that she too had been made prefect, they would find out when they started school or she might tell them later. For now it was leverage nothing more, she chose to ignore the boys little rant beside her. Ravenclaw the only other Ravenclaw boy she knew was Brian and as much as she cared about him, he had let her down too many times to remember. She was weary of any emotional bonds to anyone now, no matter who and though she longed to embrace Zuka in return her hands remained at her sides.
"Great news Mike" her eyes darted to the boy, conscious of Zuka's remark about her lacking in weight. She would never again gain a blasted pound much to her annoyance, her body was too wracked by the ill treatment she had recieved in Durmstrang. Even her werewolf form was leaner than before.
She could not but smile almost slyly as Zuka berated the boy Scorpius about being more careful. Did Z really think she was still a nice girl? Strange that perhaps she hadn't changed too much on the outside after all.

Zazuka nodded. "I got the news a few days ago, I am to be Prefect for Ravenclaw. So I suggest you behave young sir." She said to Scorpius. Zazuka lached on to Andy's arm as if she would dissaper if she let go. She wasn't sure Andy would like this but her heart was too happy to really care. "This is my best friend and sister sperated at birth Andromeda Fiorelli." She said in an offical tone. That last part was also ment as a slight joke.

Scorpius repeated, "Prefect?" and gave her a fake look of disappointment. "Great, now I will have to watch myself around you." He smiled at her to show that he was kidding, though he still thought of Hoshi and the pranks she'd want to pull with him. Deciding to dismiss the girls harsh reaction to him and wrongly judge her, he gave her a sincere smile and said, "Hi Andromeda, I'm Scorpius Knight."

Andromeda's entire body flinched, almost recoiled as Zuka interlaced her arm with her own. She hadn't meant to react that way but the amount of torture she had experienced made her so wary of human contact now. As Zuka gloated to the boy about how closely they were bonded together, she couldn't help but give him a mischievous smile. Almost a glimmer of her former self shining through. He would never know the extent of how she had changed these last few months, of why the amazing girl Zazuka Bones now tolerated such an abyssmal character as she. And why should he?
"So you're going to be in Ravenclaw? do you fly as well as read?" Andromeda knew the Ravenclaw quidditch team had been poorly filled over the last few years and wondered would this boy attempt to change that. It amazed her that she even thought about quidditch now, it must be from being surrounded by her Hogwarts comrades she surmised.

This girl Andromeda was really confusing him. Zazuka was boasting about how they were the best of friends yet when she linked arms with her, the redhead had actually flinched to her touch. He was itching to know why she acted the way she did but didn't question it. As if Andromeda knew how to get him to forgive her completely she began talking about Quidditch. He smiled and nodded his head slightly as he said, "Yes, I do fly, I love it. I haven't got a broom yet, but I'll get one soon. I'm assuming you do right?" he asked her.

Zazuka was hurt a little but didn't remove her arm. She was going to show her that not all people where cold and crule like she had exprienced. Zazuka had been flinchy like this too when she first came to Hogwarts. She was sure that with a lot of attention from her friends Andy would be back to close what she once was. Zazuka would make sure of it. She smiled at Scorpius but didn't say anything. Zazuka loved Quidditch but she didn't fly as much as she would like to with all the other things that she did.

[I figured it was about time I jumped in :) ]

Amarante walked down the streets of New Zealand, she didn't exactly know where she was going, she had already finished her shopping, and the only thing she had left to buy would be her broom, she knew that this would be an interesting buy, as she's only ridden three poor quality brooms, in her short, meaningless life.

As the small girl walked she grazed her fingers against the rough stone of the buildings, they did scrap her hands but just that, she didn't feel the pain like a normal person would, she didn't feel pain like normal people would, or she didn't show it, her life had become so monotonous she was starting to wonder if she liked the facade she had put on every day or if that actually was her? Certianly she couldn't be much worse? Or could she?

Amarante let out a silent sigh and continued walking, soon she found that her feet had lead her to the all too familiar Bleak Street, she had spent a few times here, avoiding her peers, but now she was trying to avoid herself, could she do such a thing? As Amarante walked along thinking about what her short life actually meant, why was she put on here, or was she just one of those reincarnated souls that was in a transition zone?

Her brow furrowed, but this discrete action would go unseen by anyone that was watching the small Asian girl. She still had her smile of wax on, she still had her normal intoxicating stare from her misplaced eyes. She was still Amarante. As she walked she found a small group of students, three looked older then herself, and one she had recognized to be Scorpius.

Amarante put on her smile of wax once more and walked towards the small gathering of students. When she reached them, she politely bowed her head and said, "Hello, would you mind if I joined you?" Amarante set her gaze on a lanky red head who looked bothered. Amarante carefully bowed her head to her, she seemed like the type to give off anger easily, and Amarante was in no mood to recieve it.

"Have a broom?" she asked not sure if this was what he had meant or not but feeling very uncomfortable as she remained linked to Zuka. Andromeda knew that she was only doing it out of a misguided love for her and tried to concentrate on what Scorpius was saying.
"I used to play Keeper for Gryffindor before I had to transfer schools. Have flown since I was about ten, I have a Sienna Storm but don't use it much anymore. Don't get a chance to really" she didn't look at Zuka as she said this, if anyone knew what being in the air had meant to Andy, it was Z and for her now to be so blase about it... Andromeda couldn't bare to look at her best friend. Flying was just another of those things that the Durmstrang devils took from her.
Before she could ask him any other question a small Asian girl approached them, asking if she could join them. Andromeda was taken aback when she bowed to her but her integrity was still intact enough to know that she should welcome this. Very slowly she inclined her head to the young girl and offered her possibly the only genuine smile she had offered to anyone that day besides Zuka.

" Congratulations Z" Mike said, and listened as the others spoke amongst thmeselves. "Now Im keeper for Gryffindor, since Andy left" Mike said looking at Scorpius. "Andy if you want to still be keeper, then you can have it if you want it?" Mike said to her, seeing as thought he seemed to be stealing all her positions of her. ( :p )

Jacqueline Burke was coming out of her shop when she heard children out in her alley. Jacqueline could hardy believe it. She sneered as she decided to have some fun with them. These children were in the wrong place to be unaccompanied, after all. Jacqueline whipped out her wand as she used her mind to pinpoint their location. She disapperated and apperated directly beside one of the girls. "What do you think you are doing here?" she asked in her cold, cruel voice.

Amarante gave the red head a soft genuine smile but it was hidden by her hair so only the girl could see, she wasn't one for smiles. As Amarante was just about to speak a voice from an adult came to them. Amarante set her icy blue eyes on the woman and she said with a smile of wax, "I believe we are speaking Miss, in any case we could ask you the exact same question." Amarante's words were harmonious and melodic but they were dripping in her suppressed anger and frustration. Amarante tore her gaze from the woman and back to the other children and said completely ignoring the woman once more, "You play quidditch? How interesting." Amarante's words were cold once more, but only because the woman had ruined what would appear to be her good mood.

Andromeda flinched once more as the woman appeared before them, she had been around cruel malicious people long enough over the last few months to know when she was in the presence of another one. The woman sent a chill threw her and though her own preference would have been to stay and brazen it out as the young girl seemed to be doing, memories of the dungeon and the horrific neglect and torture ripped through her and she stepped back. Her already pale features must have paled even more.
"We are doing no harm" her voice betrayed nothing of the emotions that were playing havoc within her, "but if you wish us to move along we will".

Andromeda looked at the others, loitering after all wasn't exactly welcomed no matter what shop front they would stand infront of. She felt her breathing catch and for some reason her hand instinctively went to her wand tucked safely inside her robes. The action was not overly visible but she felt easier having it close by. Especially considering how often it had been taken from her so she couldn't even protect herself. There was no need to bring trouble and hassle on themselves here though, especially infront of first years when they were prefects and suppose to be setting good examples.

Scorpius noticed Amarante had joined them and he waved at her, though he knew of her reputation for not being too friendly he didn't expect anything back. He simply nodded his head as they talking of quidditch and added in, "I would like to play Beater." As Andromeda mentioned transferring schools his curiosity got the better of him. Not knowing what damage this question would do he asked, "What school did you transfer to? And why?" He was too curious for his own good.

Suddenly a woman appeared out of nowhere next to them and seemed to sneer at them. Scorpius didn't mind her but it seemed the others were keen on listening to her and leaving, even though she never told them to leave. He didn't see a reason to. "Why should we move?" he asked in reference to Andromeda's reply. "Other places are too crowded for my liking so forgive me if I wanted somewhere quiet to go," he replied quietly.

Amarante gave Scorpius a smile of wax and said, "Hello Scorpius." Amarante knew that Scorpius knew of her reputation, to be cold, hard to read and distant but she was raised this way. Amarante then looked to the others around her waiting for some sort of introduction. [That was before Jacqueline came right?]

Amarante's eye brows raised only slightly when she saw the redhead flinch and she gave her a soothing smile, though she was certain her horrific blue eyes would through it off, Amarante quickly went straight faced when the girl went even more pale, this was beginning to worry her, though she didn't show it. Amarante hesitated but she slowly nodded her head at the girls words, she had some strange feeling that the girl had been through some sort of trauma and she didn't want to get her harmed anymore as she had been through trauma from a very young age, but no one knew this aside from her twin sister, her elder brother, who is now deceased and her parents, though they just shut there eyes to it.

Amarante furrowed her brow curiously when she saw the girl stash her hand away where she assumed her wand was. Amarante would have to ask the girl if she was alright after the woman left she had a feeling she wouldn't get a straight answer out of her while the woman was there, and she would probably have to learn her name first, she assumed that was a European custom before you start learning the details of ones life, though Amarante could tell from a simple gaze that this girl had some troubles in her past, but it seemed to be recent.

Jacqueline looked sharply at the three children who dared to speak to her. At least the little red head had some sense not to mess with her. The other girl and the boy did not. They obviously did not know who they were defying. Jacqueline spoke to them first. "Girl, you are nothing but a young child." she said her voice dripping with contempt. "Do you really feel you are in such a position to inquire about my reasons to be here?" she said as she looked through her piercing ice blue eyes. She turned on the boy. "There are reasons that this street is deserted..." she leered ominously. "You would be wise to listen to the little red-head." Jacqueline spat.

Andromeda's heckles rose now, if anything she was head and shoulders above the others here and about the same size as the woman. Anger was also beginning to rise within her, the pitying looks from the small girl and the stupid questions from Scorpius were aggravating her immensely. She was a werewolf for crying out loud and a damn good witch-in-training. She also knew that Mike and Zazuka were also extremely competent with their wands if needs be, though technically they shouldn't be using them outside of school.

Andromeda took a step forward as if shielding the younger students, she was a prefect now after all and had better step up to the plate, whether these two deserved it or not.
"I am far from little Ms. and they are right we have as much right to be here as anyone but I do concede that loitering in these parts is not the wisest move we've made today" she turned around to face the younger two students, "I think you should both move along now or move along with us if you want to. For your own safety at any rate, these alley ways are known black spots".
Her voice was steady and she delivered her short speech with almost a contempt for the two before her, wishing Zuka and Mike would step in as well.

Amarante let out a snarl at the woman but she kept her smile of wax and sneered, "You are nothing but an ant on the sidewalk of life, do you really think you have the right to question my motives for being here?" A smirk appeared on Amarante's thin lips as she finished speaking then she said, "It's full of filth here anyways, I'm set to go." As Amarante said 'filth' she eyed the woman she could only assume was a Death Eater, her father had told her about them. Pathetic. Amarante thought with a smile of wax to the woman but with a hint of sarcasm and frustration hitting it. Amarante moved out of the way from the red head's sheild and spat to the woman, "Ant." With that Amarante began to walk unsure if she would get stopped, or injured, she didn't look back to see if the others would follow her as she knew it would make her look unsure and weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back