Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ecosexual
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Rosemarie had the dancing abilities of a sea cucumber. At first she didn't want to attend the schools dance at all, but hearing everyone speak excitingly about it sparked something inside her. She wore this red dress with embroidered flowers and had her hair up in a braid. She grabbed a pot of freesia's, that were in full bloom. Everywhere she walked the scent of freesia's followed her. Rosemarie walked up to the Great Hall that was decorated with all types of decorations. Some were even self made by the arts club. Rosemarie smiled and looked around to find some food and drinks. It wasn't like she was going to dance much anyway.

Sawyer wasn't much of a big party type of person, but he also wasn't one for sitting out the whole time either. He'd vaguely hoped maybe Theia would come join him tonight as well, but he figured at least they could all get in some family holiday time soon, which was an extra reason to want to celebrate. He'd survived his first semester at school, and now he got to go home for a bit and see how many cartons of take out their dad had left to die in the fridge.

Now that he was here though, Sawyer found he wasn't feeling quite as so bold to hit the dance floor or anything like that, happy to lurk near the edge of the hall with the other wall flowers. And literal flowers too he realized, spotting a girl he was pretty sure was in his classes walking around with a pot plant. It was harder to recognize everyone out of uniform, and Sawyer couldn't remember her name, but he made his way over, unable to abate the curiosity. "So is that your date or a very confused Christmas tree or something?" He asked, peering at the plant.

Magic learning was not like adventures they create in video games. Nothing like it, not even close. Ihaka came to Hogwarts thinking it would be easy to learn magic, that he'll pick up magic quickly as he picked up on any video games he's ever played. After a semester of wand waving and reading textbooks as big as his head, Ihaka is not afraid to admit he set his expectations high. Too high. And there was more to it, the storyline goes on. But, for now there a break in our hero's adventure. A break in the form of a yule ball and holiday vacations. Ihaka came down to the great hall wearing his best, or something close to his best. The young Hufflepuff went around the hall only to pause to see two of his classmates having a chat. There were more than them in the great hall, Ihaka just happened to see them before anyone else in their year. "Hi! Nice... flowers?"

It looked like that almost every student and Professor was attending the Yule Ball. All these people overwhelmed Rose, she was never good with crowds. Soon she heard someone talking to her, someone she knew from lessons, but not by name. ‘’Definitely my date’’ Rose mused, she couldn’t think of a clever name for the pot of freesia’s quickly so her date had no name. ‘Abies nordmanniana aren’t very fond of being potted’’ Abies nordmanniana was the latin name for the common Christmas tree. Soon another boy joined her party, luckily she knew he was a Hufflepuff. She had seen him at the common room at least once or twice. ‘’Thanks’’ Rose said at the compliment, not really sure if he meant it or not. Most people didn’t understood her love for plants. ‘’You are a fellow Hufflepuff right?’’ She said while looking at the boy.

Last edited:
Estella was excited for her first dance at Hogwarts. She came in a soft pink dress that stopped at her knees. It was one of her favourite dresses that she owned and she hoped that wearing her favourite outfit would make the night fun. She entered the great hall and looked around at the large number of people dancing and having fun. Estella wanted to dance at some point too, however she knew she needed a drink first to keep herself hydrated. She made her way over to the food and drinks table and beamed as she saw someone she recognised. "Rosemarie!" she exclaimed, giving her a big smile. She knew the girl from her dormitory and was just happy to see someone she knew. Two other boys were standing with her, another Hufflepuff and a Ravenclaw. "Hey, I'm Estella." she said to them both, putting out her hand for them to shake. She noticed Rosemarie had another plant with her as she always did. "That's cute. Does it have a name?"

Sawyer let out a snort when the girl confirmed the plant was her date, giving her an agreeable shrug. "You could do worse," He said lightly, confused by the latin sounding words she threw out next. "Is that.. your date's name?" He tried, glancing at the pot plant as if he was going to see a name tag or something. He looked over when another boy joined them, wishing he had a slightly better grasp on names with everyone out of uniform. Another girl joined them, someone who thankfully was happy to throw some names around so Sawyer didn't have to ask. "I'm Sawyer, I think we have Transfig together right?" He said, taking Estella's hand in a quick shake.

Soon Rose was joined by another person, a girl she acrtually knew. ''Hello Estella'' Rose said while smiling ''I don't actually name my plants, but this is a Freesia refracta, I think I also had these with me when we met at the courtyard.'' Rose said while looking at Estella. Maybe she should actually start naming them carrying a pot with Herman in it did had a funny ring to it. ''That is the latin name of the common Christmas tree'' Rose said ''I don't actually name my plants that would be weird.'' Rose loved creating new life and growing them, she wasn't actually having a relationship with her plants. She loved their comfort and smell, but she didn't want to go and have a kissing session with one. Putting names on the plant pots would be funny, but more for people around her. The names would change the plants for her.

"You're welcome!" Ihaka said happily with a big smile, though, a little uncertain he caught the type of flower or plant it was called. It sounded really hard to say if he did catch it, and, harder to remember later on. Ihaka nodded, "Yes. Although, I still don't know what that means. You're a Hufflepuff, the hat said. But, what's a Hufflepuff?" Ihaka questions out loud with a shrug. Another student their age joins them, Ihaka remembers the girl from their very first house meeting. "Hi, I'm Ihaka," he decides to wave as Estella and Sawyer. Ihaka still remembers handshaking is what adults did, not kids their age."Don't...we all have that class? Who's the professor name again?"

Estella was happy that they were happy to speak to her. She gave the Ravenclaw a smile as he shook her hand and introduced himself as Sawyer, and then gave the other boy, who introduced himself as Ihaka, a small wave back. "Yeah, Transfiguration! And also Herbology... I don't know any of the professor's names..." Estella hoped that it didn't matter that she forgot their names already, knowing that eventually she will learn them. The Hufflepuff girl frowned as Rosemarie said she didn't name her plants as she thought that would be weird. "But naming something kind of gives it an ownership! Like its a pet or something. I'm sure people wouldn't be bullying you if you had a cat on your shoulder." Estella narrowed her eyes at Sawyer, hoping that Sawyer was the only person to comment something snarky about her plants. She didn't let this cloud her judgement of the boy however, figuring that perhaps he meant it as a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back