Eloise Aster

HS 4th year ✨ Displeased

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Eloise was interested to see what Halloween would be like at Hogwarts. Her mother had been hosting Halloween parties ever she could remember. Not because she enjoyed the day so much per sé but mostly because she had always seen it as a wonderful way to show off. Show off her home. Show off the decorations she had always spend loads of money on. And show off her costume which, of course, always needed to surpass everyone else's. If her mother's costume wasn't making jaws drop then she had failed. It had been as simple as that. Eloise's Halloween's were often filled with being dressed up in a costume by her mom and being forced to hang out with the kids of her parents acquiaintances. She would call them friends but she was certain she'd be overusing the meaning of the word if she did that. Her mother didn't even like half of the people she spend her time with. This time around, however, she wasn't at home. She wouldn't be forced to stick by her mom or hang out with kids she had nothing in common with. This time around, she might be able to experience Halloween as fun for the first time. Or perhaps she would end up disliking it entirely. There was only one way to find out. So, Eloise had put on her costume and made her way towards the feast. She wasn't entirely gobsmacked by the decorations, she had seen better ones at home, but they weren't bad either. Intrigued by a tent being placed in the great hall Eloise made her way over to see what that was all about. She came to a halt near the entrance, glancing inside to see if she wanted to head in or not.

Santiago loved Halloween back home. He loved getting dressed up and going trick or treating with his friends and they had spent years plotting out the perfect route to get the biggest candy bars. But this year they would be going without him and the thought stung. He hadn't bothered to wear a costume to the Halloween party or feast, whatever they wanted to call it. He wore his normal clothes and guessed he could pretend he was a muggle or something. As much as he wanted to hate everything about the feast he had to admit some of the costumes he saw walking around were pretty cool Maybe he'd have to try next year, just so he had something to look forward to if he was going to be stuck here. He had to admit the more he walked around the more impressed he was. He flinched when he heard something screech and heard wings flapping above his head. He let out a strangled noise and nearly bumped into the girl who happened to be next to him. "Sorry." he mumbled before taking in her costume. "Nice hair." he said said flatly and glanced at the tent. "Do you know what's in there?"

Eloise had been pondering whether the things she could see inside of the tent at first glance would be fun enough for her to head in or whether she should just check out something else. Perhaps watching the apple bobbing could be interesting. Or watching kids try and smack the pinata. She didn't get much of a chance to decide when someone almost bumped into her though. Someone who, luckily, at least apologized. "It's fine, you're good." Eloise replied politely, biting the inside of her lip to keep herself from laughing at the noise the boy had made when he had gotten startled. At least that's what was most likely to have happened. But laughing at him would be rude so she tried her best not to. "Thank you." She smiled, twirling a strand of the pink hair between her fingers. It wasn't the best costume her mother had ever put together for her but perhaps now that she wasn't at home it didn't matter whether she was the best dressed or not. As long as she participated and looked somewhat presentable. "I'm not sure. I think I saw some weird looking mirrors but I'm also convinced I just noticed a skeleton move so.. I'm a little lost at what the idea is. I'm sure it's fun though." She replied, finishing on a light note in an attempt to not make it sound like she was unimpressed with the whole thing. Which she wasn't entirely. She was just used to her mother's Halloween extravaganza.

Santiago was grateful for the dim light of the hall so the girl couldn't see his face flush with embarrassment and he tried to stand up straighter to make up for it. Apparently his attempt to be cool failed and he tried to not let it bruise his ego too much. He glanced at the tent for himself and tried to get a peak inside. "I wonder if it's some kind of haunted house?" he wondered out loud. The mention of mirrors made him curious and he took a step closer before glancing back at her. "You're not scared are you?" he asked teasingly this time. After flinching at the bats earlier he wasn't one to talk, but he hadn't been expecting those.

Eloise tried to get a better look inside the tent without actually entering when the boy wondered if it could be some sort of haunted house. "I don't think it is.." She replied thoughtfully, although there was not really a way to be sure except for actually heading inside. "If it was there might've been more than just a tent, right?" She questioned, not entirely sure whether the tent would be enough to host a haunted house. Then again, maybe it could when there was magic involved. "I'm not." She shook her head confidently. "My mother used to host these huge Halloween parties so I've seen a lot of things that could be considered scary." Eloise added in explanation while she looked at the boy. "Do you want to go inside?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back