Former Minister for Magic

OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Neoclassical3.jpg

It was an warm evening in July as Cameron Kingsley stood outside in the backyard of his childhood home in Georgia. It was an old plantation house that had been passed down in the family for generations. It was where they had lived before they had moved to California for Kiera's gymnastics. There was a large white tent that covered the front part of the spacious backyard. Twinkling lights were wrapped around every tree and lining the inside of the tent. Rows of chairs draped in white cloths with delicate pink gauze bows sat ready for the guests under the large tent. A separate tent farther from the house sat ready for use after the ceremony. They would migrate there for a dinner reception with drinking and dancing.

Cameron was dressed and ready for the ceremony as he walked around the tent, making sure that everything was perfect for his bride. Cam ran his hand through his clean, russet brown hair. He knew that Cyndi was somewhere inside the house, getting ready to take the biggest plunge of their lives. He was so thankful that she had agreed to marry him. Cam could only hope that that gorgeous brunette wouldn't change her mind before he could get her to say I do.

Pacing back and forth, Cyndi knew that she was wearing a path on the old Persian rug that was on the floor, but she couldn't help it. The months and months of planning for her wedding had finally come to a head. In just a few moments, guests would begin arriving for her and Cam's wedding and she was still waiting for her dress. She'd asked for a last minute alteration and had just received a message saying that it was on its way. Resuming her pacing, the young professor passed by a window, spotting her brother running across the front lawn with a chair tucked under both arms. Some people, like her family and Cam's were already here, roaming around and helping out where they were needed. Cyndi figured that Cameron was already outside, but she couldn't be sure. Tradition dictated that they couldn't see each other and so Cyndi had kept away from him, even sleeping in a separate room from him, so that they wouldn't do anything to bring themselves bad luck before they were joined in matrimony.

As her dress finally arrived in the room she'd taken over, Cyndi Weasley quickly thanked the young witch who'd brought it and watched it hover until it was close enough to grab. She quickly slipped off the covering and stared at her lovely wedding dress. It had taken weeks to find, but it was love at first sight when she finally saw it. Cyndi slipped it on slowly- it fit like a glove- and reached behind her back to zip it up. She managed to get it halfway before it simply stopped moving, and panic quickly set in. After several seconds of cursing, quick oaths and bemoaning about the scones she'd eaten for breakfast, Cyndi decided to seek assistance. Heading to the door, Cyndi opened it and peeked her head out. "Can anyone give me a hand with my stupid zipper?" she asked in an exasperated voice, hoping someone, anyone, besides Cam, would be around to assist her.

Kiera Potter looked at her reflection in the vainity in her old childhood room, dressed and ready for the big wedding. The young woman was once again grateful that Cyndi had allowed her to pick out her own bridesmaid dress. Kiera and James had come to Georgia two days prior to help her family prepare for the wedding. Today, Kiera would be getting another sister, albeit she had considered Cyndi her sister for years now. The petite brunette left James in the bedroom to finish getting ready while she went to see what she could do to help her family and Cyndi's family finish the last minute preperations for the wedding.

Walking down the hallway, Kiera could hear Cyndi asking for help just around the corner. Kiera headed in the direction of her voice, finding the older girl with her head poking out of her room. "Sure. I can help you." the brunette said with a grin as she stepped inside the room. Kiera tugged on the zipper, pulling it up to close the gap in the fabric. Standing back, she examined her best friend. "Oh wow, you look gorgeous. Cameron's eyes are going to pop when he sees you." she teased her friend with a grin.

It wasn't long before a familiar face rounded the corner, allowing Cyndi to breathe a small sigh of relief. She turned around, holding her hair up so that her maid-of-honor could help her out. "Thank you. You are a lifesaver" She patted down the dress nervously as her best friend gave her a once over. Now that her dress was here and on, Cyndi was beginning to feel the jitters that she'd been told came to everyone before they walked down the aisle.

She listened to Kiera, giggling at her soon-to-be sister-in-law's words. "Oh, I hope they do" she smirked as she went over to the vanity and picked up her veil. She turned and faced the mirror, trying her best to slide it in place in one shot. Her hair was perfectly coifed and she was afraid to disturb it. Once it was in place, Cyndi looked at her best friend, a married woman herself, and brought her hand up towards her mouth, ready to nibble on a manicured finger. She stopped herself just in time, dropping her hand firmly to her side. "I'm freaking out Kiera. I want everything to go perfectly today" she said, turning to face her friend as she bit her lips slightly. "Do you know if the kids are ready?" she asked her friend, going from one anxious thought to another. She hadn't seen them all morning...well she hadn't seen anyone really. She'd been holed up in the room trying to get herself ready.

Today was a day that Katalina Vanderhol wouldn't have missed for the world. Today was the day that one of her oldest and dearest friends would be getting married. The brunette had made the trip over to the states to attend the event and she was excited that she was also going to be getting to see Kiera again as well. Kat smoothed her hands over the front of her dress once more before finding the room in the giant mansion where two of her best friends were standing, looking as fabulous as ever. For a moment Kat just stared at them and a sad thought crossed her mind. This day would really be complete if Andy were here with us all. Shaking that from her head the former Gryffindor let out a loud wolf whistle as she crossed the room to where Kiera and Cyndi were. "Damn girl, Cameron's not gonna know what hit him when he sees you in that dress," she said embracing Cyndi, but being careful not to do any harm to her gorgeous dress. "And you look just as stunning as always," Kat said softly, hugging Kiera tightly. It was an absolutely beautiful day, perfect for a wedding. "So tell me, is my idea for eloping sounding better and better...just go ahead and tell me so I can save myself the money and time," Kat said poking Cyndi jokingly.

Adele Smith had been a little more than surprised when she had received an invite to Cyndi's Wedding. It was safe to say that the pair of them didn't exactly see eye-to-eye but had decided to settle their differences for the sake of Riley and Lowan.

Adele smiled happily as she made her way across the large lawn of beautifully-cut grass. She took her seat as she looked around the place. It was certainly worth a lot. Every-wedding she went to now, reminded Adele of hers and Riley's Wedding-Day. - The best-day of her life. But to speak of the devil, Adele wondered where Riley and Lowan had gotten to? Surely they weren't going-to be late. That would be so Riley.

Although Riley had known for some time about Cyndi's engagement to be married, it was still some what of a shock for it to finally be here. His best friend was about to become a married woman. A strange concept for him to grasp but it looked like he would have no choice but to get used to it. He just hoped that this guy she was marrying was pretty decent, she deserved someone who would make her happy.

Slipping his blazer on riley had no been too certain on how to dress today. He didn't know whether he should have gone very smart in a full suit or casual in his usual cloth. But seeing as it was a wedding he went with smart at the top and slightly less smart at the bottom. It had not been that long ago since he had been to a wedding. He had been to so many he had almost lost track but he couldn't forget his closest friends day like that.

Ready to attend Cyndi's wedding the young veela picked up his son then took a deep breath and apperated. The familiar feeling of tugging set in. It only lasted a few moments before he was stood outside the house where it was all going to be happening. Why did all his friend have huge houses, was it sort of like a trend which as going around or something. Not that he could say much though. Walking across the green springy grass Riley looked around for his wife. Adele had gone a head because everyone who knew Riley knew that he took ages to get ready for something like this, everything had to be right with his clothing and his appearance. Spotting her he walked over and sat down next to her, placing Lowan by his side on the seat. "I can't believe this day has actually come. Where does the time go." He said to Adele as he put his arm around her shoulders

Adele smiled as she spotted Riley arriving, things would feel less-awkward now he was here, that was always the way. "Hey Gorgeous." She told him happily before listening to him speak. "And I know right, it only seems like yesterday when I first-met Cyndi....." She trailed-off, not really knowing what else to say about the whole-occasion. Cyndi was more Riley's friend than hers, even-though they just about made-friends with each-other now, Riley was the one who knew her really-well. As Adele felt Riley put his arm around her she smiled-up at him before leaning-up and giving him a peck on the lips. "I Love-You." She whispered playfully into his ear with a sweet-smile before she rested her head onto his shoulder. Happiness.

The big day was finally here. If Cyndi was anything like her friend, she would be dizzy with excitement and sick with nervousness. It wasn't every day that a woman promised herself to another human being. Estrella didn't know Cameron Kingsley very well, but she trusted Cyndi's judgment. The former Ravenclaw was confident that her friend's fiancee would treat his wife well. Cyndi was a Gryffindor down to the bone; she wouldn't let anyone push her around. Love couldn't mutate the witch no matter how strong that love was.

Estrella sought out Cyndi with her children in tow. The mother of four had reminded Olivia once, twice, and thrice that she had to be on her very best behavior today. Although she usually decided what to hear, this wedding's flower girl had promised to make her Aunt Cyndi proud.

Dressed up and ready to melt hearts, Seth and Slade both held one of their mother's hands. Estrella didn't have anyone to pawn her two-year-olds off on. Lydia tagged behind her older sister. Perhaps one day, she would get to be a flower girl, too. Estrella donned a light pink dress and an up-do that didn't attract too much attention. Try as they might, nobody could compare to Cyndi today. Her classmate gasped softly as she entered the room. Cyndi was radiant inside and out; Estrella could almost see the emotions that bubbled beneath her friend's skin.

"You know," Estrella started, letting go of the twins, "Cyndi Kingsley doesn't sound all that shabby. I bet I could even get used to it."

After hours of poking around the store a month or so ago, Cyndi had finally convinced Olivia to wear a lavender dress for the wedding. The little witch wore the poufs and frills with a smile. With a flower tucked behind her ear, Olivia felt as pretty as a Veela. When they stepped into the room with all the women, she decided that Cyndi was far prettier than any Veela out there.

Olivia slipped right between Kiera and Katalina and strutted up to Cyndi. "I'm ready, Cyndi!" she declared, "Where's my flowers?"

Before she could get a reply from Kiera, another of her best friends entered the room, and Cyndi couldn't be happier. Surrounded by her two old Gryffindor roommates, Cyndi felt more normal and less anxious. It could've been any ol' day of preparing for the Yule ball except for the fact that it was actually a wedding, her wedding, and except for the glaring absence of their youngest friend, Andy. Cyndi had long since come to the realization that Andy was gone from her life, but that didn't stop her thoughts from drifting to the redhead every once in a while. Shaking her head, the curls in her hair swayed. "I don't know. Ask me in about an hour" she said with a short laugh. She was too nervous to know what to think, but she was beginning to realize that this was the best feeling she'd ever had. How many more times in life would she be the center of attention and have the overwhelming feeling of nervousness mixed with the euphoria that came with a big event? She didn't think there would be too many, so she was determined to enjoy this moment.

As the door opened once more, Cyndi turned to see who it was and a huge grin spread across her face. With the four kids in tow, her other best friend was approaching. The little boys looked even more like heartbreakers than usual and little Lydia looked awfully cute as well. "I think I can too. It has a pretty nice ring to it" she said as she offered her friend a nervous smile. As Olivia strutted over to her, Cyndi wondered what the little one would say or do. She was a firecracker and she'd taught Cyndi a very important lesson: Kids were not as easy to deal with as they appeared if you just went to visit them every once in a while. "Oh are you?" she asked, picking her wand up from the make-up table and using it to summon the flowers for Livvy, Kiera and herself. There was no way she was trying wandless magic today. She was too nervous. Taking hers in hand, Cyndi looked herself in the mirror once before turning back to her best friends and the children. "Livvy's ready, and....I think I am too" she said, taking a deep breath. Frankly, she knew she was ready to marry Cameron. That, she had no doubts about. She was more nervous about standing in front of everyone.

Kiera was about to tell Cyndi that the children were in fact ready for the wedding when they were interrupted by one of their very best friends, Katalina Vanderhol. Kiera grinned at Kat as she gave them each a hug. The young brunette laughed, shaking her head. "You know, you clean up pretty well yourself when you try." she teased, knowing that Kat had a messy streak when it came to cleaning up her room. None of the girls mentioned it but Kiera knew that they were all thinking about a fourth best friend that had been absent from their lives for several years now. Kiera had given up asking after her, knowing that it only made the three of them sad at the loss. Kiera smiled at Kat and her future sister-in-law, wanting to think of happier thoughts.

Estrella Styx and her young daughter entered the room shortly after Kat. Kiera knew that she didn't know Estrella well. They had only met a few times, casual school aquaintences. "I think that Cyndi Kingsley sounds like a mighty fine name." the former gryffindor said, agreeing with Estrella. Kiera grinned at the little girl's attitude as she strutted into the room. She did look adorable in the lavendar dress. "Oh Estrella, you haven't been letting Olivia hang out with Kat have you? Before you know it she will be showing off her rump in the Great Hall." Kiera said, only teasing the other women. "Really though, she is quite funny." she said in a softer voice for only Estrella to hear. Kiera had spent a few hours with the child over the past few days preparing for the wedding. She knew what a character the young girl was. Kiera accepted the flowers from Cyndi with a smile. "Don't worry. You look beautiful. Everything is perfect down there." she reassured her friend.

Katheryn Kingsley had flown to Georgia two days ago, letting her understudy take over for her in the shows this weekend. The young actress was grateful for the small break. It had been sometime since she had seen her family, and even then they had to visit her in New York. It was nice for Katheryn to be able to come back to her childhood home, though she hadn't spent too much time at the old plantation in Georgia. There was no way she was going to miss her older brother's wedding in the first place. The producers were just having to deal this weekend.

The redhead was happy for the couple, pleased that she would soon be getting a new sister. Kat didn't know Cyndi all that well apart from the fact that she was one of Kiera's best friends. The young woman had taken care in dressing in a shimmering gold dress, with her red locks falling in loose curls around her sholder. Kat had been outside the last hour, calming Cameron's nerves and helping both her family and Cyndi's family put the finishing touches on the lawn. Then the guests had started to arrive. Her dad had caught her and told Kat to head up to Cyndi's room to give them all a fifteen minute warning.

Katheryn made her way though the large house, finding the way with easy familiarity. She rapped lightly on the door before entering the large room filled with voices. Her blue eyes identical to Cameron's crinkled as she smiled at the bride. "Wow, Cyndi. You look so gorgeous." she said, hugging her soon to be sister. "Dad sent me to warn you all that you have fifteen minutes before the wedding starts." she informed the group.

Estrella opened her mouth to scold her daughter. After Cyndi conjured the bouquets and handed them over, the mother decided there was no point in reprimanding Olivia. This was a happy day. Estrella wouldn't steal a piece of her friend's moment for the sake of obsessive parenting. Grinning at the witch in white, the lady in pink embraced her classmate. "Don't worry, Cyn," Estrella murmured, "it'll be over before you can say Futhark."

Pulling away from the bride, Estrella knelt down to kiss her firstborn on the forehead. "I'm proud of you, Baby," she whispered, fixing her daughter's sleeve. Beckoning to her other children, she turned to Cyndi once more. "Go get 'im, gorgeous."

With that, Estrella, Lydia, Seth and Slade left to find their seats. The lawn was already stuffed with guests. Estrella was afraid she'd have to let her kids loose for lack of seats. It was then that she saw a familiar wizard. There was Chace Harker, holding an empty seat for his woman and two extra for invisible folk.

Picking up Seth (which was no easy feat, considering how beefy he'd become,) Estrella exclaimed, "Look, boy, it's your God-daddy!" She hoisted the toddler onto the Slytherin's lap, smirking all the while.

The reassurance from her soon-to-be sister-in-law was exactly what Cyndi needed. She knew that she and Cam were going to remember this day forever, regardless of the weather or the decorations. Hearing that everything was looking great though was the icing on the cake. Cyndi Weasley gave her friends a grand smile as she turned back to the mirror and fixed an already perfectly placed strand of her. She simply needed to keep her hands busy.

A rap on the door several moments later caught her attention even amid the noise in the room. Mr. Kingsley had informed her the night before that he would send someone up to warn her when there was only a few minutes left before the ceremony was set to begin. Her heart kicked up a notch, and she let out a soft whoosh of breath. Cyndi looked over to see who was entering and smiled as she saw her other soon-to-be sister-in-law. She hugged Katheryn back, still not quite used to seeing eyes strikingly similar to Cameron's staring back at her. "Thanks" she whispered. She and Kat didn't know each other well, but she was looking forward to getting to know Cameron's sister and the rest of his family. Already, she was planning on asking Cameron to take her to New York City to see the woman perform. She knew Katheryn was on Broadway, a place she had heard much about but had never been before.

She quickly hugged Estrella once more and listened to her best friends reassuring words before nodding her head. As Estrella made her way out of the room with her younger three children, Cyndi quickly began to discover that 15 minutes was not very long at all. Thankfully, she was nearly ready and by the time the 15th minute was up, the bride was ready to head downstairs, her heart beating as if it had been replaced by a snitch. The last thing that she did was put on her veil and as she pulled it over her face, Cyndi smiled at herself in the mirror. This was really it: Her final moments as an unmarried woman. "It's time" she said, smiling down at her cute little flower girl as she headed for the door so she could head downstairs. The young bride was glad she had a maid of honor to help with the dress because the train was long

Olivia followed her Aunt Cyndi with a grin as wide as the Grand Canyon. The flower girl knew she was supposed to walk in front of the bride, but it wasn't time for that. Besides, she couldn't go and get lost in this big house when the wedding was about to start. She clutched the flowers to her chest almost protectively. No matter what, she would carry out her duties. Olivia would be on her best behavior for Cyndi's special day. For once in her short life, she didn't blurt out whatever came to mind.

Kiera winked at her sister as Kat gave Cyndi a hug. The sisters grinned at each other before Kat danced back out the door to take her place in the audience with the other guests. Kiera turned to Cyndi, checking her dress, hair and makeup. Kiera wanted to make sure that her best friend was flawless on her big day.

Kiera took Cyndi by her arm. "C'mon. Let's go get you hitched." she said with a wicked grin. She led Cyndi and Olivia through the hallways and down to the point where they were to wait until the music began.

As Kiera gave Cyndi the once over, she knew that the whirlwind was about to begin. She nodded to Olivia as she grabbed hold of Kiera and made her way through the halls of the large house and down the stairs. From her vantage point, she could almost see everything through a window, and Kiera was absolutely right. It all looked perfect. The guests were gathered in their seats, all appearing to await her entrance, their bodies facing the front. The flowers that had been set out appeared to be in full bloom, no doubt because of some enchantment. Even the sun, which she knew no wizard or witch had control over, was perfectly positioned, emitting a soft glow over the grass and the guests.

Cyndi's father entered the room as she attempted to peer out, and quietly went to her side. What she wanted to see most, however, was just out of view. She couldn't see to where Cameron was standing, not unless she drew closer to the doorway, and she wasn't going to do that until the music played. As if the instruments had read her mind, Cyndi heard the first notes of the wedding march. Her heart raced and she smiled to Olivia through her veil, knowing the young girl would do her part marvelously. Holding out his arm for his daughter, Mr. Weasley held a brave face for his daughter. "It's time."

"I know Daddy." Cyndi nodded at her father, lifting her veil and standing on tiptoe to give her father a quick kiss on the cheek. Settling the veil down again, she took hold of his arm, waiting for her cue to begin walking down the aisle. It wasn't long before she found her feet slowly bringing her towards the opening and out into the crowd of guests and toward her groom. She glanced back only once at Kiera to cast her friend, her sister a look conveying her thanks. If it wasn't for Kiera, she might never have met Cameron. Turning her attention back to the front, Cyndi looked for her Cameron, her eyes locking onto his and taking in how handsome and kind he looked. She couldn't believe she would soon be his wife. Her father only hesitated a moment before giving her away and before she knew it, her hands were reaching out for Cameron Kingsley, her smile growing as she took him in.

Cameron was anxious as he stood with the minister, waiting on his bride to appear. It seemed like it took ages for Kiera then Olivia to make their way down the relatively short aisle. The wait was more than worth it. He was stunned, speechless and breathless, when Cyndi and her father appeared in the doorway. Cyndi....well Cyndi was flawless. The woman he loved was always gorgeous but today, she just seemed to be glowing with radiance. Cameron's full lips formed a crooked smile, wishing she would sprint down the aisle. His icy blue eyes locked with Cyndi's deep brown ones, communicating love without the words.

Finally, Cyndi made it to the alter. Cameron grinned at her as her father placed Cyndi's hand in his own. He squeezed her soft hand before turning to step up to the alter. The minister began his welcome to the ceremony before asking if there were any objections. Cameron glanced around, hoping the crowd would stay silent.

Cyndi glanced back at the guests upon hearing the minister's word, hoping that no one would step forward. She was liable to curse anyone who did. The woman had never been good at wandless magic, but she knew without a doubt that she would succeed in using it today if she needed to. Looking back at her groom, Cyndi smiled as the minister began the ceremony.

Opting for a shorter version of the ceremony, it wasn't long before the minister was asking the pair if they had anything to say to each other. Cyndi nodded and let go of Cam's hand, reaching into the top of her dress to pull out a small, folded piece of parchment. This was the scary part. Clearing her throat, Cyndi looked down at the paper, occasionally stealing glances at the man who would be her husband in just a few short moments. "Cameron...I'll always remember the day I set eyes on you. It was when you'd come to Hogwarts New Zealand in order to compete as your school's champion in the Tri-wizard tournament. I thought you were handsome, brave, intelligent and yes...a little mad to even think of being a participant. As we stand here today, I still think those things of you, even the mad bit, and I've found out some other things about you too. Things that have made me fall more and more in love with you every day. I love you Cam and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you." she finished, a sudden urge to throw her arms around him and kiss him being stifled with great difficulty. Instead, she winked at Cameron and placed the parchment back into her bodice. As the minister continued, asking if she would take Cameron Kingsley to be her husband forever, Cyndi didn't hesitate a moment before saying, "I definitely do."

Cameron grinned like a fool when he heard Cyndi declare her love for him and agree to take him as her husband. With a deep breath, he told her his vows. "Cyndi Weasley, I love you more than I have ever loved any woman in my entire life. You have my whole heart and you always will. You are the best thing that ever walked into my life and it couldn't have happened at a better time. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." he finished, his icy blue eyes looking intently at her.

"I do." Cameron declared as the minister asked if he would take Cyndi to be his wife. "Forever." he added with a wink to her. The young couple exchanged rings and before Cameron knew it, he was told he could kiss his bride. A crooked grin fell upon his lips as he drew Cyndi towards him, kissing her soft lips tenderly but passionately. As they broke apart, Cam whispered in her ear, "You are exquisite."

The minister smiled at them both as he told them to turn and face the congregation. May I present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Cameron Kingsley! Cheers and whistles greeted the minister's words. Cam offered an arm to his bride before they strode down the aisle, back towards the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back