Finding a street

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
The day was beginning to lose sunlight, and shadows crept up along the walls making it seem as if people were following the young Leah Winters. She was not frightened, and she did not even have her wand out. She walked along in a brisk pace, ignoring the sounds of footsteps in side alleys. I am lost.. And she was. She had never been on this street before, and did not even know the name.
She had visited her sister Natalie at the Three Broomsticks, and had wanted to make her way back to the Leaky Cauldron, but somehow she had gotten turned around and ended up on this street.
Suddenly the footsteps that she had ignored became more prominent. She felt a hand grab her and slam her against the wall. A wand was pointed at her neck. Leah's eyes went wide with surprise and fear.
She squinted her eyes to see who it was, and could only make out the bottom portion of his face because he happened to be wearing a dark hoodie.
"Give me all of your galleons, pretty girl." He grabbed her arm and rose it above her head slamming it against the wall. "If not, you'll have to pay me some other way."
Leah spit at him, a great gob landing on the top part of his hood. "You will do nothing of the sort, you b*st*rd." She said, kicking out at him. She inwardly cursed that her wand was in her pocket.
"You'll regret that." The man sneered, raising his wand.
Suddenly, Leah heard the sound of running, she turned her head to see who it was.

Bleak streets was the quietest parts of New Zealand, rarley you ever hear any sorts of commotion, at least that's what Link thought when he visited this side of the Harbours. Often though he would end up roaming at night, the darkness is when corruptions comes out, it was like a cue to many when not to be around Bleak street but Link didn't care. If any trouble was to follow him, it was more of a fun time for him. Dangerous was his playmate, and he often seek it to get in endurline rush. Day suddenly became night, as he walk the alleys his grey iris peaking within the sullen shadows, seeking any form of entertainment. That's when he heard the man voice, and the girl, it sounded so familiar why did it ring a bell. He was about to turn around and let the man have his way with the woman, it was none of his business none of his concern, but he heard the voice so clearly now, he broke out into a run. Reaching into his inner pockets within his light sweater, he stop within inches away as he pointed his wand towards the stranger. "I suggest you leave this woman be, or someone will be sleeping six feet under tonight." His grey iris first glance over at Leah than at the fellow, he wasn't budging, Link had reacted and casted a full body bind spell towards his direction, the stranger falling onto the ground, jolting unable to move. Link had all the right just to end his pathetic life, "Such a low life." he spatted kicking his face as he grew nearer, expelling the man wand from his grip. Looking at Leah now, he held her up, bringing her away from the scum. "What are you doing here?" he said in a cold voice.

Leah couldn't help but smile a smile of relief when she saw Link's form running towards her. It was lucky that he had been around here to help her. Although she felt stupid and weak for getting herself into this situation, she was happy that Link was here to help her. "How dare he lay a hand on me." She said angrily, kicking him in the ribs. She held herself back although she desperately wanted to get her revenge in the worst possible way. "I got lost, okay?" She admitted, her face flushing.
She began to walk away from Link and the man. "Let's get out of here before I kill him."

"Right behind you." he muttered, a bit disappointed he didn't end a life tonight. He must've been wanting to act like a gentleman now that he had rescued Leah from such a disgusting situation. "Eh don't get lost again around these parts." he stride with the same match pace as Leah wondering why she was always alone did she not any friends? He was curious about her more, but strongly denied wanting to get to know her. Any fool can tell you he wasn't putting on a good act, every bit of information that she told him, he had remembered. He just didn't want Leah to be like other girls, woman you could say now. Being used, and using didn't felt good to him, but alas his expression told otherwise.

Leah slowed down a little to allow Link to catch up to her. She fell t the same pace as Link and they walked side by side. "I'll try not too." She agreed, still feeling a little stupid. She supposed that getting lost tonight wasn't such a terrible idea. She at least had run into Link. The situation, however was something she could do without. "So, are you always wandering around the dark areas?"

Link smirked at her question, its where he would live if he had to choose to. "Most of the nights I usually do, lots happen here at night." he said keeping his gaze on the ground he was contentplating on his next words of selections. "Usually I stay awake roaming I find it hard to sleep some nights. I mean really what's the point, everything good happens at night." he met by what just happen, running into Leah would probably top list.

Leah had hung out on Bleak Street plenty of times before, but when she had entered the dark part of it, she had become lost. "I can see that now." She said, looking around. It was completely empty. They turned a corner, leaving the petrified man on the ground and out of sight. She could only hope someone else would come by and take all of his posessions.
"I agree." Leah said, looking Link up and down with a mischievious smile. Everything good that happens usually did happen at night.

"So did you purposely get lost just to see the excitement?" he smirked watching her. The distant between them were very close, he could see the gleam of ivory flesh, something he hadn't notice before. "Would you like to get lost with me some more since I have nothing else to?" he asked away, the air so light but mysterious at night, how did it get so dark so quick he question the world around him.

Leah smirked at Link. "Possibly." She said, but not really meaning it. It had been an embarrassing accident that she had been lost. However, she could have turned back at any time and made her way back to The Leaky Cauldron another way, yet she had continued going? Why? Maybe Link was right. Maybe she did do it on purpose. "Let's...do that."

"After you m'lady." he said in a mocking away still barley touching her, he wasn't thinking about it anymore. It had left his mind now it was time to have fun. "The other night I came across a man that was illegaly dealing with dragon eggs, wanted to sell it to me." he started out of the blue with an encounter that just happen recently. "I was tempted." he added, it was amusing to him because he had showed the man the galleons he had posses but for some reason Link decline the offer. "What's the point of having a dragon if you can't bring it out for a friendly walk." he said his voice still hint with amusment.

Leah turned sharply and headed down a dark alley way, away from the public streets. It was dark and they were alone. "I agree, it is pointless. Plus, it seems more of a hassle than anything." She was unsure why anyone would want to buy a dragon. She would sell them, because they were worth more than their weight in gold, but buying one? Nay, you had to hide them, and also they were vicious.

Link grabbed a hold of Leah his strong hands, almost holding her close to his form. His grey optics scan Leah features, she was devestaly beautiful. No wonder the man had held her hostage, besides wanting to get her loot he had a feeling the fellow had found her attractive. "These parts on not met for you Leah." he said with a stern looked on his face. He wasn't joking this time, she had turn the wrong dark corner, not even Link would linger about. He had his limit at some points, not that he cared but I guess he did for her.

Leah gasped as Link grabbed her and held her close. Her mouth was partly open and her eyes were wide. She studied his face, he seemed so angry, and yet it was enough to make her want him. "Maybe not." She admitted, not struggling in his hold. "I'm lucky to have you to keep me away from them."

A cold wind blew down the dark streets as a shadowy figure could be seen, it was a man who wore dark robes without the hood up. Even without the hood however, it was still impossible to make out his face as a shadowy aura seemed to come off his body. Luxen Silverback was the god of Nightmares who ruled the streets with his ancient powers, if these children thought they could walk around Bleak Street without paying a price they were mistaken and would suffer for it. It was simply random bad luck that these children should be chosen while others were not though in the end they all met with the Lord of Nightmares. "Good evening" Luxen said cordially enough however there was definitely a coldness there. Luxen wanted these children to act up in front of him, to try and say something that was anything less then respectful and polite. He would then lock them away into the darkness for eternity where only their thoughts could give them any comfort, just as he had done with that other girl with a name he had not bothered to remembered.

Taylor, who had escaped Luxen before, felt defeated.
She walked up behind him.
'Luxen, I deserve to die.' She said sadly. 'But I understand you. In fact I even want to be someone like you. But it won't happen. So just kill me. And then it will be over, and I can finally be a ghost. Maybe I could haunt people with you.'
Even under the circumstances, she laughed a little.
'Luxen, do you understand?' She felt very sad inside, not even scared. She loved what Luxen did, and looked up to him in every way. She had escape him before - just, and she felt that it was what he wanted to do, kill her. And she had stopped him.
'I'm sorry, just do it.'

"Fool!" Luxen said full of anger as he turned and faced the girl, how dare she use his name and talk like that to him. The impudence of it all, Luxen back slapped her with enough force to send the girl to the ground a bruise in the shape of his hand was already quickly forming. "You want to be like me?" Luxen said coldly as he rounded on the girl "A pathetic little runt like you could never hope to be like me!" Luxen said angrily, "be gone!" Luxen said as he clenched his fist sending the girl away into darkness. No one could see, hear or touch her while she remained under his power all she could see was the infinite darkness as her greatest fears began to surround her. The girl thought she could be like Luxen? The very notion was an insult, however she would get to enjoy darkness and nightmares for a while until Luxen felt fit to release her if that ever happened. Luxen turned back towards the others "I apologies about that children are so annoying" Luxen said mildly as though the girl he'd just banished was nothing more then a fly.

Taylor didn't struggle. Just before she was sent into the darkness she whispered just audibly for Luxen to hear:
'I love you.'
And then she was gone. It was black - she couldn't see anything. She felt suspended in mid air, and she started to see things. She couldn't make out what they were, but she knew they were bad.
She wondered why Luxen had done this. She wasn't really a girly girl, she was sent to Beaxbatons.
She realised magic couldn't help her get out, so she simply waited for what he would do next.

Link did not move except Leah was now within his gasp. What he had witness just before him was nightmares that most did not wish even the terror of it all upon their enemies. How easily the darkness had conceal the girl so quickly, he held his poise just watching without a word spoken till it was done. "Yes children can be such annoyance." he agree, this was the corner he had warn Leah about. One of his hand was still holding her arm, while the other one rested on her waist, he stood perfectly still, his face still appeal of a stern look. If anything were to happen, he wanted for it to happen to him not Leah.

"I agree completely" Luxen said as he took a few casual steps forwards "except there's a problem" Luxen said as he leaned in slowly "your a child" Luxen whispered with a broad grin. "I see it in your eyes, you may wear the guise of an adult but the child is clear to me Link" Luxen said as he looked into Link's mind and smiled darkly. "You think of yourself as as bad boy" Luxen said with a sneer "tell me, how can you be the prince of darkness when I AM THE DARKNESS" Luxen said as walked towards him anger clearly on his face "your thoughts mock me and for that you have to pay" Luxen said returning back to his cold sneer "what do you have to offer, the darkness" Luxen said with another sneer "The lord of Dreams that Terrify" Luxen said referring to the title he had given to himself. Luxen could see the girl Cage, she was a fool thinking herself dead Luxen would keep her alive in the darkness for a bit longer until she realized that she wasn't playing hide and seek with her neighborhood friends, she was in the clutches of Luxen Silverback and played whatever he wanted to play.

Leah watched with mild horror as Luxen slapped the girl and thus concealed in darkness. She was afraid, but not nearly as much as she should have been. Perhaps she would die tonight, she could deal with that, but if Link died, she could not. It had happened so quickly, she and Link had been walking and suddenly Luxen appears with girl in his stead. She finally knew the darkness of Bleak Street.

Link did whatever he could to keep Leah out of this, pushing her to the side he watched the enigma flare in anger. He couldn't think of it as a man, it was true the negative energy all around them he felt it, clearly he could see who had posses more strength. "I don't consider myself a child, if you look at the definition behind it, you will see why." he said unaffected by Lurxen outburst. "A child is someone who enjoys life to extent, blinded by what's around them, their mind still fragile for they are new to this world. A child seeks joy and entertainment, love and affection, a family, home to live in." he pause his cold stare would not twitch, he would not blink as if time had stood still, but in the back of his mind shouted think of Leah. It was pointless if he was dead, let him be, let it happen something the darkness already should know Link did not fear dying. "Those are your words not mind, I do not label myself for I do not care, I do not care if you was to take my life away. Fearing life is pointless because in the end were all promise that eventually. Eventually we all die." Link spoke the truth, and if he think toying with his mind would do anything he would just welcome it. "I am no child and your not darkness, your no god of mine, and if I am false than you are as well. Darkness doesn't have a form, your just his errand boy." this should trigger it and to Link it would have, he had surly stood up to the unknown. "Il tuo Dio n."

"Idiot!" Luxen said as he burst with dark energy leaving only a voice "just because I choose a form doesn't mean that it is my form, only an insolent child would think such thoughts" Luxen's voice said from around them. "You talk as though you understand life and death but it is only from a child's understanding that you know these things and for that you will be punished" Luxen said as a dark aura surrounded Leah. "You think death is nothing and doesn't effect you then kill her" Luxen said as the dark aura prevented Leah from moving. "Or I will" Luxen said as several cloaked men carrying swords appeared from the shadows, none of them had faces though they could see where they were going. Luxen however wanted to give the child a lesson about how he should talk when he was facing a Dark Presence as the dark Aura began to sting with coldness sending thousands of pins into Leah's body as Luxen entered her mind 'Tell him to kill you so the pain can stop otherwise I'll keep it going until you die then I'll be able to torture your soul for the rest of time' Luxen whispered.

Leah was shoved to the side. She pulled out her wand, cursing herself for not doing so before. She doubted anything would help anyway, he was simply a presence and did not seem actually human. "No Link!" She shouted. She could not let him die, for she would rather die than him.
Suddenly she was seized by pain. She let out a blood curling cry, and her eyes rolled to the back of her head, still she would not beg anyone to kill her. She could not let Luxen win.

Link did not give in to what he wanted, even the screams that were so close to his ears, Leah in pain was like children who suffered from hunger after so long with out any source of nutrition. His comparison was off, but he couldn't just stop thinking, he thought of all the possible ways to stop this, time remain to stand still, as Leah torment continue. "Bless é an Tiarna‬" he whispers as he turn to Leah grabbing for his wand, "Bless é an Tiarna‬" he said as he raised it up towards her beating heart. "I'm sorry." with that he had focus his mind upon her form, with such intense and all his energy, he gave in as he tried to apparate her way. His attempt was strong, he had learn how to do this from Zion, he never attempted this source of magic, his attempts was to send her back to the Harbour, closing his eyes, he hopes once he open them again she would be gone.

And suddenly the pain was gone as the world began to spin. Leah opened her eyes, feeling body being torn away from the torment and Bleak Street. The last thing she saw before she blacked out from the pain was Link and Luxen facing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back