Finally Racing

Toni stuck her tongue out childishly at Sam. "Whatever I so let you win" she said trying to keep a straight face though at the moment it wasn't working. Her face soon broke into a bright smile. This was all for fun, she shouldn't be so competative even though it was hard for Toni not to be so. Holding onto the broom with one hand, Toni began to try to fix her hair. Flying really seemed to mess it up and messy hair was never an option in Toni's world.

"I don't want to stop flying so I'm up for anything" Toni said as she finished up fiddling with her hair, content with how it was. "We can take a break, let Sam gloat in his winning, and throw the quaffle about" Toni said rolling her eyes at Sam in the process.

Sam nodded and watched as Toni fixed her hair. He smirked to himself, that was such a 'Toni' thing to do. "Righteo, I'll get the quaffle." He flew around Toni ruffling her hair on the way and then flew quickly down to the grass. He was in for it now.

Once he picked up the quaffle and shove it under his arm. He mounted his broom once more and kicked off, not really wanting to know what Toni would do to him, though it was only for a laugh. He was soon close to them, he smiled innocently to Toni and stopped closer to Knight. He had to hold back laughter.

Toni nodded as Sam said he was going to get the quaffle. Now this couldn't be too competative or at least she didn't see how it could. Yet as Sam flew past her making an effort to ruffle her hair and mess it up, her mouth feel open. "I can't believe you just did that" She said trying hard to keep a straight face and not laugh.

Once again fixing her hair making sure it was once again to her perfection, she waited for Sam to fly back up. She was going to kill him. Once he rejoined the group and flashed her that smile, Toni could only smirk for a moment. "You know you just opened a whole can of worms" Toni said shaking her head. "I am so going to kill you done deal" Toni said knowing that she was going to have to get Sam back some how. No one messed up her hair. It was just something everyone knew not to do.

"Next time I won't be as nice to let you win the race" Toni said smiling slightly still not quite believing that Sam had the guts to mess with her hair, well of coarse it was believable it was Sam afterall.

Sam shrugged, "OoOoOo I'm scared!" Sam said sarcastically but then muttered under his breath so only Knight could hear, "Seriously."

Sam then laughed, "Yeah because you let us beat you." He continued being sarcastic but added in a wink to her. Sam chucked the quaffle to Toni, "Think fast!" He then flew around the hoops waiting for Toni or Knight to start throwing the quaffle in.

Scorpius laughed lightly when Toni said they should let Sam gloat in his winning for a bit. He smirked as he said, "Yeah because that'll probably the only time he does," and winked at Toni to let him know he was on her side. He had lost after all too. He nodded in agreement when Prince mentioned tossing the Quaffle around and when Prince went to go get it he ruffled Toni's hair as she had been in the process of making sure it was neat. His mouth fell open in disbelief at what he had done and began to laugh, knowing Toni would not like it one bit.

He bit his lips together as he tried not to laugh but once Toni threatened Prince when he came back, he laughed freely. He heard Prince mumble 'seriously' in admittance that he was scared of Toni and said quietly back, "You should be!" He grinned at Toni innocently and waited for them to start passing the Quaffle around.

"You should be" She said Toni said unable to wipe the small smile of her face. Though she was a bit caught off guard when Sam threw the quaffle at her. No too off gaurd to miss it but still. "Thanks" She said rolling her her eyes as she held the Quaffle trying to stay balanced on the broom at the same time. Now that she had lost the race, Toni really had to prove herself on the broom.

Seeing Sam go over to the hoops, Toni wondered how she would be at actually getting the ball into the hoops instead of actually blocking it from going in. A switch of positions. "Here" She said throwing the quaffle over to Knight. "You can have the first shot" She said hoping in a way that Sam was just plain awful at keeper.

Sam flew around the hoops quickly, he was showing off. Though he was not so good keeper, not as good as he was chaser or beater. He watched Toni pass the quaffle over to Knight and shouted, "Scared Toni?" He teased her playfully.

"C'mon Knight." Sam called, "I'm getting old here!!" He sped around the hoops once more hoping that he would not let the quaffle pass through the hoops.

Scorpius laughed at the exchanges of semi-insults between each other and caught the Quaffle Toni threw at him. He looked over at Prince just as he was declaring that he was getting old and rolled his eyes playfully. He had the Quaffle in one hand and flew forward towards the goal hoops before swinging back his arm and throwing it towards the goal hoops. He wasn't much of a Chaser, he preferred Beater personally, but figured he might as well play along and hoped that Prince was terrible at Keeping.

Sam was ready for Knight as he threw the quaffle he dived with his broom and attempted to catch it. His hand curled around the side of it but it slipped threw and into the hoop. Sam muttered under his breath and went to get it. Once he returned he threw back the quaffle to no one in praticular. "I let that go through." he said lying awfully.

Toni rolled her eyes as Sam wondered if she was scared. He was really asking for it. Though Toni couldn't help but admit that she was enjoying herself. Watching as Knight got the quaffle right through the goal post. "Sure you did" Toni said playfully as Sam admitted that he let it go right through. Just like she had let both boys win the race.

Catching the quaffle as Sam threw it out again, Toni flew a bit to the right side of the hoop. "Are you going to let this one go through as well?" She asked tilting her head slightly to the side as if it was a serious question a smile obviously showing on her face as she hoped that when she did toss the quaffle in it would actually go into the hoop.

Deciding that maybe she would be better at throwing from the left side Toni changed her position flying a little left of the hoop about to toss it in. Finally she tried to get the strength she had in actually throwing the ball, which probably wasn't much, and she threw it towards the hoop unknowingly crossing her fingers afterwards hoping Sam would miss this quaffle again.

Catch this..catch this. Sam told himself. He kept his eyes on the quaffle in Toni's hand Sam flew to catch but missed...again. "Ah come on!!!" Sam shouted disappointedly. He thumped the air and flew down to catch the quaffle. "Okay I think we can all clearly see I suck at keeper." Sam said making a joke out of it seemed to make it better. "Anyone else want to try." He said spinning the quaffle impressively on his finger.

Scorpius laughed at Prince's excuse as to why his shot went in. "Sure mate," he said rolling his eyes playfully. He watched Toni as it was her turn to try and make a shot and he punched the air subtly in triumph for her as it went through the goal hoops. He couldn't help but laugh at Sam but he said, "Hey I think none of us play Keeper so I'd be just as bad as you are. I'll give it a shot if you want to try Chaser though?" he offered.

"Yes" Toni said happily as Sam missed the quaffle again. Smiling brightly she guessed that Sam really was never going to be a keeper. Chaser was really more this thing without a doubt. "And Yeah Sam don't try out for keeper....ever" Toni said teasing a bit.

Though Toni wasn't sure if she wanted to play keeper just yet. Sure she always played keeper when she played around at home, but that was different. Keeper was the position she always wanted to play on the team but she wasn't willing to learn that she actually sucked at the position she loved. Instead she hoped that Sam would take Scorpius's offer.

Sam waved his hand as if to pass it by though it would be eating him up for the rest of the day...at least. Sam threw a scowl at Toni, "Shut up you." Sam said with light-heartedness.

"Chaser?" Sam put on a face as if he were thinking about it. "I. Am. In." He said slowly. "Right..how'll we do this?" he asked them.

Scorpius chuckled at Toni's teasing words towards Sam and was tempted to throw in a few words but knew not to add anything else. Besides, he had just volunteered himself for the position and he knew he wouldn't be any better than Prince. Surely he'd deserve the same amount of teasing from them too as well.

"Okay, I'll play Keeper then," he said formally, leading his beloved Sienna Storm over to the goal posts. "The rules are pretty simple Sam," Scorpius began, giving a fake exasperated sigh as Prince asked how they would do this. "You two try to get the ball passed me, of course." It shouldn't be too hard for them since he was best at Beater, not Keeper.

Sam laughed at his stupid question, he was losing his dignity minute by minute. Sam flew with the quaffle, he was going to get his dignity back. He would make sure of it. He straigentned to be directly in front of the large middle hoop and flew directly at it, he pulled his arm back but shot quickly into the smaller hoop on the left. He hoped it was a clear shot.

Scorpius positioned himself in front of the middle, largest hoop. He made sure not to feel too comfortable there since he still had two other hoops to block as well so he needed to be quick in moving to them. He braced himself for getting the ball thrown at him. He didn't like this position. Why would you want people to throw the ball at you? He much preferred aiming it at someone else with a Beater's bat.

He saw Sam approach the hoops and Scorpius stared back, grinning slightly to tell him that he was ready. As soon as he saw the red ball leave Sam's hands, Scorpius flew to try and catch it, since it looked like it was going straight for the middle hoop, however Sam had thrown it at an angle so it went clear into the hoop on his right. Scorpius gritted his teeth in slight frustration and flew down to catch it on the other side of the hoops before it hit the ground. "Nice one," he said as he threw the ball back to him and flew back into position.

Sam almost jumped from his broom he was so relieved, "Thanks." Sam said but didn't tease him about not getting it in because truthfully, he wasn't any better. He caught the quaffle when Knight threw it back but turned to Toni and asked, "D'you want a shot?" he tossed the quaffle between his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back