Finally Racing

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam made sure that the invites were given to both a Ravenclaw and a Slytherin. They were planning this race/match since before they were sorted. Well, before anything really got complicated was one way of saying it. He held his Nimbus 2001 in his hands and inhaled the winter air. He had his chudly cannons scarf on though. My mother would be proud, he thought humoursly to himself as his mother always perfected in dressing him right for each weather.

Sam carried his Quaffle which he owned under his free arm, it was not a real one. It had the same features of coarse but it was smaller but not by much. 'Sam Prince' was inscribed on it, he had it since his 9th birthday. Sam mounted his broom with the quaffle placed firmly on the grass, he kicked of swiftly and zoomed into the air.

The cold air felt fresh on his face. His grip tightened as he picked up enough speed to do a nosedive. He smiled at his own enjoyment. He continued to fly around till Knight and Toni came.

Toni had been sitting in the Slytherin Girl's dorm when she had recieved a letter from Sam. Even though she was surprised that he had written to her she couldn't help but laugh at his note. They were finally going to go enjoy a bit of flying. Toni just hoped she would be at the top of her game today.

Borrowing a broom from one of her room mates, since Toni had not yet gotten her own yet, she held it in her hand. Walking out to the pitch, her hair up in a french braid and for once she was in jeans.

Looking up to see Sam around flying around. "Getting some last minute practice" She called up to him.

Sam heard Toni call out to him and he laughed to himself. "Ha! You wish! I was just warming up. Warming up to beat you butt!" he shouted back and then landed smoothly on the gorund beside her. He held the broom in his hand. He eyed her broom, "Hey now? I don't remember you coming in to buy this." Sam said disappointedly. "Do you have another supplier?" Sam joked. "Sorry.. how have you been?" he asked and nudged her in the arm. It had been quite a long time since he seen her last. That was when they decided to be friends, which suited him perfectly.

Toni rolled her eyes playfully when he said he was going to beat her. "Oh whatever" Toni said her tone teasing. They were just friends now and Toni thought and hoped it was all going to work out like that. "Hey" She said flashing him a smile smile as he landed. Though when he looked at the broom, Toni wondered what he was thinking.

"Well I haven't quite gotten time to buy my own. I just borrowed it from one of my room mates" Toni explained. She had never even tried out this broom but Toni doubted it would be too hard. All brooms were alike in her knowledge or at least she hoped so.

When Sam asked how she was, Toni shrugged. "I'm good" She said "Ready to totally show off today but besides that" Toni said laughing a bit at the end. "How have you been?" She asked.

Sam nodded, "Well when you want to get a broom give me a shout." he winked to her. Sam chuckled, "Well don't waste to much of your energy 'showing-off'....anyway theres not much point doing so...you'll lose anyway." Sam teased. "I've been great thanks." Sam replied. At the beginning of the year things sucked but everything seemed to be falling into place now.

Sam looked over Toni's shoulder to see if there was any sign of Knight. He shrugged and then looked back to Toni, "Come on.." he said and mounted his broom just as swiftly as he took off. "Lets go already!" Sam shouted back to Toni.

Scorpius had received a note from another Ravenclaw student and grinned once he read what it said. He put away his books which he had been pouring over in order to catch up with his lessons and rushed into his dorm room to grab his Sienna Storm.

He fled down the steps of the tower and went over to the pitch to see Toni and Prince already there. "Hey guys!" he said brightly, feeling like he hadn't seen them in a while. "Sorry I've been kinda a-wol," he said ruffling his hair with his free hand.

Toni could only roll her eyes at Sam's comment. All Sam, Knight and herself had built themselves up on how good at flying they really were. Though Toni just hoped she could live up to her part and not look completely awful compared to the other two that was if Knight did end up showing up.

As Sam took off, Toni smiled slightly. She swung her leg over the broom and kicked off the ground hovering a bit. "I'm going" Toni said laughing a bit as she was about to lean forward when she heard Scorpius.

"Oh hey" Toni said smiling at him still only hovering a bit off the ground. Toni couldn't help but noticed that this broom was so much better than the school broom.

Sam turned around to see where Toni was but also to see Knight. "Hey man!" Sam returned to the ground swiftly and high-5'd him. " 'Bout time you arrived!" he grinned to him. "Yeah classes are getting a bit hetic...but lets not think about that now!" Sam was almost bouncing with excitement. He was in his favourite place with his best friends. "You guys ready to get you butts kicked?" Sam laughed.

Scorpius grinned in excitement as he mounted his broom and kicked off. He remembered them talking about this for the longest time and it seemed like it was such a long time ago that they met. He smiled appreciatively at them for a moment before flying in a circle around them. He heard Prince's comment of them getting their butts kicked and he laughed. "Oh no, I think you mean, are you two ready to get beat by me?" he said with a mischievous grin.

Toni leaned forward slightly on the broom and she was off. Doing a lap around the pitch quickly, Toni then flew up right next to both Scorpius and Sam. "Oh come on boys. Like you think you can beat me at anything" She teased smiling brightly. This broom felt so much more smooth than the school brooms, old and unstable. Toni was now determined to get her own broom, she now needed it.

"Let's see how fast that broom of yours can go," Scorpius teased Toni as he hovered around them. He was curious as to how their race would actually work out. From goal post to goal post? Around the pitch? Either way, he was excited to be here with his two best mates.

Sam smiled and he did a quick lap of the pitch. He stopped at the goalposts. "Hey guys get over here!" Sam called over to them. Once they arrived he said, "What if we do one or two laps of the quidditch pitch?" He asked them, not shouting anymore.

Sam wondered who would win, he got extremely competitive when it came to Quidditch. He hoped he would win after he built a lot of greatness about himself...he didn't really know how true that was. He looked at his friedns eagerly to get this started.

Toni couldn't help but smile at all this. It was almost like they all had gone back before the school year, before the drama, and were just hanging out like they used to. That was more than just a relief, it was actually wonderful. Though Toni couldn't help but wonder how this race was going to work. However it was going, Toni was going to try her hardest. No way was she going to lose without a fight, well in her mind no way she was going to lose.

Flying over towards Sam, Toni listened as he asked whether they do one or two laps. "I think we should just start off with one lap around" Toni said thinking that would be best.

Scorpius turned in the direction where Prince flew off and grinned as he too followed suit. He ruffled his hair as he held his Sienna Storm with one hand and hoped that after all the bragging they'd done, he'd be at least half as good as he said he was.

Once they were at the goal posts he looked over at his two friends and said, "One lap around sounds good. For a practice relay that is," he added jokingly.

Sam agreed, "One lap it is!" Sam gripped tightly onto his broom, he alined up with the two of them. Sam looked to the pair, "Ready girls?" he teased. Before shouting, "On your marks. Get Set. GO!" Sam flew quickly ahead not daring to look back. He had to impress them. He narrowed his eyes and concentrated on winning.

Toni held onto the broom a bit tighter than she had been. That would just be her luck leaning forward too much, going too fast and falling off. She would never ever live that down. Not if her life defended on it. Making sure her grip was not overly tight though, Toni waited for the sign to go.

Rolling her eyes as Sam made his little comment before calling the race into session. Leaning forward without hessitantion, Toni flew. Stay balanced, Don't look down and just keep going Toni thought over and over in her head as she continued to fly. One lap hadn't seemed like much when they had agreed but Toni guessed it was going to be the closest one lap race she had ever been in, actually it was going to be the only one lap race she had ever been in.

Sam didn't hear any smart comments or any of them picking up behind him. So he took a chance and peeped his head over his hunched shoulder. Toni was right up behind him and he didn't look to see where Knight was.

Beat this he thought competitively and picked up huge speed on his broom, "At least have an attempt at beating me." Sam called back to them and smiled to himself.

Scorpius tightened his grip on his broom as Sam called out Go! He laughed at his "girls" comment but didn't say much. At the sound of "Go" Scorpius leaned forward on his Sienna Storm and smirked as Prince thought he was in the lead. So far Scorpius was the last behind, but he was keeping his pace so he could smoke them in the end.

At the sound of Prince's taunting, Scorpius grinned widely and leaned forward to will his broom to go forward. He sped up faster past Toni as he gave her a small wave and almosted knocked into Prince from behind before he was able to put both his hands back on his broom and regain control of it. He laughed at his own lack of concentration and focused on catching up and passing Prince.

Toni noticed Sam glance back. He was probably just as curious as she was to see where everyone else was in this race. Though Toni wouldn't look back. Soon she didn't even have to when she noticed both Sam and Knight pull ahead of her. I am not coming in last She thought as she leaned forward going just a bit faster. I am not going to lose at all She thought as if she was hoping the broom would listen to her and speed up.

Leaning forward as much as she could, without feeling as if she was going to fall off, Toni sped up faster than she had before. Normally she might have totally freaked out with all this, but this was a race. She was supposed to be fast. That after all was the whole point. Though no matter how far she leaned forward she wasn't able to get past either of the boys. Instead she only caught up to Sam keeping a steady pace beside him urging her broom to just go a bit faster, just a little bit. Enough to pass Sam and catch up to Scorpius.

Sam glared at the back of Knight as he flew past him all of a sudden Toni was on his tail and then right beside him, he turned his head quickly towards her and then back to the race. I will not lose this. He had one famous trick up his sleeve.

Sam leaned forward on his broom with all his force but instead of passing by them he flew under them. Once he got up to the tip of Knights broom Sam jolted up causing them to either crash or turn out of the way. He smirked to himself and raced as fast as he ever did before.

His hair blew behind him and his stomach jolted with the all of a sudden speed. He was almost there. Almost at the posts Sam turned his head swiftly to see he was still in the lead. He slowed down slightly as he got nearer the goals, he had it. He won it! Sam cheered with glee once he reached them, he won. "Anytime Ladies." he called to them. His trick always worked.

Scorpius grinned to himself, glad that he was finally ahead of the two rather than behind them. He kept focus on the goal posts in front of him when all of a sudden he felt a jolt from below and he turned to the left, away from the path and his goal. He groaned as he saw Prince flying forward and shook his head as he quickly maneuvered his broom back on in the direction of the goal posts. He gritted his teeth and leaned so forward, almost against the broom handle and slitted his eyes as he sped to keep up. He caught up to Toni, glad that he wasn't last again, and finally reached the goal posts after Sam. He rolled his eyes playfully at Prince's reaction to his win but said, "Next time, you're soo dead."

Toni wasn't expecting Sam to get ahead of her at all. Speeding up slightly she thought she was going to make it in Second at least. Though she turned slightly to see how far back Sam was when she noticed that he was no longer beside or behind her. Looking in front she noticed that he had pulled off some sort of move and rushed passed both her and Knight. Darn She thought leaning forward though not far enough or going fast enough to beat Knight there. Last place She thought thinking about the best way to go about this loss.

"Psh I let you both win" Toni said smiling. They knew it wasn't true or at least she thought they knew it wasn't. Though it was the only way she found fit to take the loss. "Now you both have a bit more self confidence" Toni teased laughing a small bit. Maybe she would really have to practice a bit more on the broom and her flying skills. As of now she was just not going to worry about it.

Sam laughed at Knights reaction though he wasn't going to tease them. He would have hated if they did that to him. But when Toni finally made it over to them Sam nodded, "Sure you did." he said sarcastically.

"You both will just have to take lessons from me!" he joked, though he wasn't going to tease them anymore. He just had to do it once. "It was a good race all in all. Right?" Sam asked them, he extremly enjoyed himself.

Scorpius laughed at Toni's response and figured he'd say the same thing if he came in third. He playfully punched Prince on the arm at his response but nodded his head in agreement that it was a good race. Adrenaline was pumping through his veins and he wasn't ready to stop flying so he said, "Another round?" It didn't have to be a race, just some time to fly with his two best friends. Though knowing how competitive they were, it would've eventually turned into a race.

Sam laughed when Knight punched him, "Well I brought my Quaffle..it you lot want to have a quick tosser?" Sam suggested, "But this doesn't mean there won't be any more races." he warned them in a serious voice but chuckled shortly after.

In a way he didn't want to race, he didn't want his crown to be lost. But in another way it way he did have great fun racing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back