Felix Felicis Potion in effect...

Isabella Ormonde

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Padua - Aoaman Wood wand with essence of Griffin feather 10 3/4 inch
As Isabella wandered past the lawn, she felt compelled to go directly to the forest. It seemed such a ridiculous place to go to when she knew deep down in her heart that all she wanted for this amazing good luck elixir to do, was help her make friends without her Veela-ness affecting those about her. Her feet crunched on the broken twigs and foliage of the forest floor as she made her way inside. Pausing momentarily to remember a previous experience she had, had in a forest. It had actually been the last time she had set foot inside them but it had been when herself and James had really begun to talk. He had asked her to accompany him, little knowing that a hoard of ACROMANTULA would attack.

She shuddered at the memory of those horrible creatures, yet she had made a friend in James forever after that as well as with Sable, James' friend the centaur. With all that had happened from that day to this, Bella couldn't believe she had not entered a forest until now. Not being able to sing for love nor money, Bella simply hummed some naff tune she had heard about the school recently. Something compelled her now to turn her direction to walk parallel to the school without necessarily going any deeper into the forest.

'What will happen? what can possibly be the outcome of this? I have nearly an hour and a quarter left. This so better be worth it'.

And though her own thoughts throw the smallest of doubts on her actions, the elixir of Felix Felicis knew better and told her to walk on.

Asher once again found herself in the forest. She was giving Noah a little time to study, so she decided to come here and think. She didn't have much to think about, but the silence was nice. As she sat on the fallen tree she'd found she began to hum a little tune. She was lost in her own thoughts once again.

The twigs cracked and snapped beneath her feet, the leaves seemed to become a bed of scrunched up colour, the dry leaves crunching while the moist leaves left a mushy mildew on her boots. Bella would have normally sworn loudly at the mess she was becoming but somehow she didn't feel bothered by it. Into a slight clearing she came only to see Asher sitting there humming slightly to herself the same tune that she had been humming only a moment ago.

Turning to go back before Asher spotted her, Bella stopped herself. Obviously the felix felicis had meant for her to come this way, so she would play this out and see what would happen.

"Hello Asher? You're other half not with you then?" she didn't mean to sound petulant but Sakura's happiness had been deminished by the lack of consideration on Noah and Asher's part. At least it seemed so to Isabella, though she also knew that all was fair in love and war and Sakura was bouncing back to her usual self having sworn off the male race for the coming year ahead. Bella sighed, if only herself and James could get their act together.

Maybe I'm just jealous of her, everytime I see herself and Noah they're just so happy together. Whereas James and I spark way too often.
She made a conscious effort to go a bit closer, mainly as this seemed like the 'right' thing to do.

Asher turned at the sound of Isabella's voice. "Oh! Hi Isabella. Um, no...Noah's studying." Asher wasn't sure how to react to Isabella speaking to her. She didn't expect any of Sakura's friends to be polite to her at all. She didn't deserve their kindness, and she knew it.

Isabella felt compelled to keep walking yet it also seemed necessary somehow for Asher to remain with her. She looked down at the fourth year girl and attempted her most winning of smiles, which would have boys fainting and swooning within a ten mile radius. Right now she just hoped it was enough to appear friendly.
"Fancy going for a walk?"

Bella didn't understand why it was necessary for Asher to accompany her but the felix seemed to indicate that this was what was needed. Wonder how the others are getting on with their good luck?

Asher was surprised when Isabella asked her to join her on a walk. "Um...ok." Asher stood slowly she looked at Isabella warily. This is strange...Isabella was the last person I expected to ever speak to me again...

The walk seemed to continue in the same parallel path to the school, never venturing further into the deep recesses of the dark forest. For this much at least she was grateful and yet she still could not understand what was expected of her, only that this felt definitely as if it were all going according to plan.
She smiled again at Asher who had agreed to walk with her, perhaps a friendship was in the offing after all.

"How are you finding it here Asher with classes and everything I mean? I haven't really had a chance to speak with you since the day at the lake"
it had seemed the approbriate time to bring this up, there had been chances before now but she had simply not bothered to mention it. Now once again, it felt very necessary indeed. As if the world was about to give her the biggest pearl in all the world, Isabella continued walking with a renewed spring in her step.

Asher still wasn't sure what was going on, but she wasn't going to deny the fact that Isabella was speaking to her. Maybe I can get some of the pressure off of Noah... "School is alright, I guess. Things would be a lot wasier without class at all, but what can you do?" Asher gave a half smile, hoping her joke wasn't out of line.

Isabella smiled at Asher's reply, her foot caught on a large tree root which annoyed her somewhat as this was not lucky in her eyes. But then the notion to bend down and inspect it overtook her.

"I know what you mean, I don't think I've been doing nearly as well in my classes this year as I normally would have. The OWLs and just being here is wigging me out completely"

As she spoke she bent down and began brushing aside the foliage that was covering the most of the tree root. It seemed extensive indeed and though at first it appeared to be attached to the tree close at hand, it was in fact the root of a tree further away.

"That's odd" her thought was spoken and though it did indeed seem ungainly odd, it also didn't surprise her in the least to find that this was the case. She stood up and began to follow the root, bending every now and then to clear the foliage away so she had a better knowledge of which root she was following.

Eventually she found she was standing beside a huge tree that for all intense purposes was actually dead and on closer inspection seemed to be hollow. Bella turned to Asher with another smile.

"This is the strangest thing I've ever seen, that root is very much alive yet the tree itself is dead".

[/color]

Asher smiled a little wider and nodded in agreement. She was confused as Isabella began following a root to an apparently dead tree. "That is odd...I've never actually seen anything like that before..." Asher mused.

Bella looked at her watch groaning as she noticed that another ten minutes had passed. Why wasn't something more exciting happening? As soon as this thought entered her head another also entered on the back of it. Immediately she began to inspect the tree trunk, the whorls and knots seemed more bizarre to her in their setting as if they weren't real or more to the point as if they were magically placed there. She attempted to press and touch them until at last one gave way under her touch.

A rustling sounded on the ground by her feet, the tree root she had followed began to slide its way from the far side where she had first begun to follow it to the dead tree, made her jump aside. She watched in amazement.

"Asher" what else could she say, she didn't think she could or should say anything at that point but watched instead as the root opened back to reveal what seemed to be an underground passageway.

Instinct told her to take her wand out or was it the Felix Felicis. Whatever the case may be she lit her wand with the 'lumos' incantation before turning to Asher.

"I'm going down, do you feel like joining me still or do you want to head back? I don't mind either way"

the truth was though that she wanted Asher with her, she knew the potion wanted her there too for some reason. Am I to become friends with her and this mad adventure will cement it?

Asher watched in shock as a passageway opened up before them. She looked up at Isabella as she said her name. "Yes, like I'm going to just let you walk down there alone. I'm not that selfish..." she joked sarcastically. Asher pulled out her own wand and muttered 'Lumos'.

Cyndi walked out of the castle and wondered where she should go next. Surely, something great was about to happen, especially since she had just taken some of the Felix Felicis in class. As Cyndi walked the grounds, she saw something glistening on the floor and as she approached it she saw that it was a galleon. Cyndi quickly pocketed it and kept walking. She had a feeling that she needed to head into the Forbidden Forest right now. Cyndi was already walking that way so she shrugged and continued walking with her hands in her pocket.

As Cyndi approached the forest,she thought she could hear talking, but when she listened closer, she didn't hear anything. Oh well, Cyndi thought as she kept on walking. Having been at Hogwarts for the past few years, Cyndi had developed a healthy level of caution whenever she got too close to the forest and as she entered it, her wand came out. Cyndi heard talking again and decided to walk toward it, knowing somehow that nothing bad would happen to her.

Finally, Cyndi found the voices she had been hearing. They belonged to Sakura's friend, Isabella and another Hogwarts Scotland girl whose name Cyndi couldn't remember. The girls had their back to Cyndi and were staring into a hole in a tree. Cyndi knew better than to sneak up on anyone so she cleared her throat. "Um..hi...What are you looking at?"

She should have been startled but this all seemed to be exactly what was supposed to happen. The Felix Felicis potion was obviously very strong even in such a small dose, these instinctual feelings were positively alarming if it weren't also very exciting. Bella smiled as she turned around to the other girl, she recognised her of course from her classes here, Cyndi she was almost certain was her name.
"Hi, we found a passageway"
keeping it simply at that point seemed utterly necessary, Bella checked her watch again they had still over an hour plenty of time for whatever exploration they needed to do down there.
"I'm almost certain the potion led me here, how about you?"

Asher turned at a new voice. It was a HNZ student she had seen around before but never met. Then she turned and looked at Isabella curiously. "Potion?"

"Passageway?" Cyndi said. She had never heard anyone else speak of one and she knew plenty of students who thought of the Forbidden Forest like a second home.

"It must have." Cyndi said with a smirk. "I don't make it a habit to come into the forest. So, are you guys going in?" Cyndi asked.

Isabella smiled at both of them before taking a tentative step forward towards the passageway, she knelt down infront of it and held her wand low over the entrance so she could see a bit more clearly down into the hole. There didn't appear to be any steps or anything leading downwards and yet, it did seem like it was a passageway.

"We were given a drop of goodluck potion in potions class today, for some inexplicable reason I was drawn here and to you."

her attention reverted from the large hole in the ground for a moment as she turned once again to Cyndi and Asher.

"then I just felt it necessary to keep walking until we found this but it also felt right somehow that Cyndi should show up. The Felix Felicis works in really strange ways, I'm going mad that Sakura wasn't shown the same way she's like a walking encylopedia when it comes to potions."

Bella was about to say something else when leaning just slightly too far over the hole still she could feel her body slipping. She wasn't horrified by it but she still didn't like the feeling of not knowing what was supposed to happen to her. Slowly her body toppled over and she grabbed with her wandless hand on to a piece of the root to keep herself from falling in completely. With just enough time to turn to the others with a vague smile, her feet scrambling for purchase on something solid Isabella realised something very quickly.

"there aren't any steps just what feels like a slope, a slide, a..."
she had no more time as her hand slipped from the tree root and she fell just a small bit until she was sitting quite comfortably on the chute, sliding down down deeper and deeper.
"Come on" she had roared back up before sliding too far away. She wondered would they come and yet even more so wondered where the Felix was taking them or her. Her wand still lit she held it above her, enjoying the sensation of riding, sliding down the enormous slide until what seemed like an eternity later, she landed with a bump at the end.

Holding her wand up, she saw she was now in a large passageway with only one route to take by the looks of things. Bella decided to wait at the end of the chute just incase the girls decided to come along.

Cyndi watched as Isabella inspected the passageway that had opened up. As she was doing so, she suddenly lost her footing and began to fall into the hole. At second glance, Cyndi realized she hadn't fallen but managed to grab hold of one of the tree's roots. When Isabella realized it was a slide, and slid down, Cyndi knew what their next step would be. Surely, they couldn't leave Isabella down there alone. Cyndi walked up to the slide and looked back at Asher.

"Are you gonna come down too?" Cyndi asked as she heard Isabella yell for them. She wasn't sure whether Asher would or not. Cyndi had put one foot on the slide and before she could hear Asher's reply, her foot slip and she found herself sliding down. "Lumos" Cyndi said as she continued to slide down.

At the bottom, Cyndi jumped off the slide and began to look around. There was nothing but a path and dirt. "How far underground do you think we are?"

"Thanks you two...just leave me here..." Asher mumbled. She sat on the edge of the hole and slid down the slope. It was a rush. She reached the bottom and ran into someone. "Ooops...sorry..." she said embarassed. Asher stood and extended her lit wand. "I'm more worried about where it goes."

"Ouch" Cyndi said as Asher slid down and knocked into her. Cyndi fell to her knees and her wand rolled away into the passageway. Cyndi stood up and walked toward the passageway, hoping her wand had not gone far in. Luckily, for her it hadn't. Cyndi picked it up, muttered "Lumos" and walked back to Asher and Isabella.

"I guess we have no choice but to go this way. We need to find a way out. There's no way we can get back up the slide. It's too steep." Cyndi replied. She wasn't exactly worried yet, but she was beginning to get a little anxious.

Isabella waited until first Cyndi and then Asher joined her, Asher bumping unceremoniously into Cyndi and knocking her to the ground. She was about to offer her some assistance but all looked under control.
"Well if this is the only way we can go lets follow it then?"
she smiled at both of them in the dimmed light, it seemed relatively cool down here temperature wise and Bella breathed a sigh of relieve for this, there was nothing worse than a dark dreary passageway that was either too cold or too warm. With her wand lit in front of her she walked on down in the only direction they could go.

"Hmmm, I was wondering where exactly this led to as well"
she attempted to check her watch to discover that only another ten minutes had passed for them. Everything seemed in slow motion, almost as if they were getting as much value for their potion as possible.

Cyndi followed behind Isabella with her wand held toward the ground. She didn't want to stumble. "Come on" Cyndi whispered to Asher, knowing she probably wouldn't want to be left behind in this dark passageway.

Asher followed closely with her lit wand. She wasn't so sure about this passage, but she doubted the the Felix Felicis would lead them somewhere dangerous...after all it was supposed to be lucky, and danger isn't what Asher would consider lucky.

The ground they had been walking on had appeared gravelly and earth based until after walking for a further, what felt like an eternity, few minutes Isabellas feet touched something that echoed like a solid floor. She shone her wand in the direction of her feet and saw that the ground she now stood on was a wooden floor. Strange but not remarkabley so. She turned to Cyndi and Asher.

"The ground has changed look"
she moved further on keeping her wand low so they could also see when she came to bend in the passageway. On taking it she was confronted with a steep set of stairs.

"I guess we take these then" she smiled back at them before making her way up the steps. The incline was truly steep and she had to place her free hand against the wall which she duly noted was stone, inorder to keep her balance and to prevent herself from falling backwards.

Asher couldn't believe this passage. What she thought would be earth turned into floor. Then there was a staircase. She simply nodded when Isabella remarked they should climb the stairs. She smiled warily at Isabella. She wasn't sure what to expect anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back