Feedback from professors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola P. Wilkes

OOC First Name
Sienna
Wand
Cedar Wand 13 3/4" Essence of unicorn hair. Silver tear string..
Hi.

I don't know if you've already got this suggestion. But anyway here it goes.

What if the professor could answer every post of the students posts in for example a class. Then we could get the possibility to create some sort of RP where we actually get punished or get credit for things in class.

When a student is too chatty the professor can answer that post only and say: "Hey, keep it down." or if a student do good the professor can say: "Good job, five points for your house."

I don't say that the professors have to do that. But it would add an extra spark for us having students that we get remarks and positive feedback for the in-game RP.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Often, professors will edit lesson posts with feedback if necessary.
We've had suggestions in the past about interactive lessons (where it's actually an ongoing roleplay between professor and students), and even a lesson or two run that way. We've made it clear to professors that they're free to do these interactive lessons whenever they want. However, the fact of the matter is that just posting lessons on time and getting them graded can often prove to be a taxing job. To then have to respond to posts in the lesson roleplay makes the task all the more daunting.
Currently, three or four professor characters are missing or have left their duties and the site staff are having to fill in for those classes until we can find new professors. To expect people who are juggling posting several classes to then respond to lesson posts is just too much.

So, professors are always free to organize their classes however they feel is best for them. They can have active roleplaying lessons, edit feedback in to student posts, or just do the grading. We'd rather give them flexibility and have the job get done than try to impose a system on them and have no lessons ever posted.

I hope that makes sense to you, let me know if you have any questions or if I've misunderstood your suggestion in any way,

~Nick

Thanks for the answer! :)

I absolutely understand that professors may have alot on their hands already as it is. And they do a great job as well for the staff.

What I meant was really to add another feature to your RP threads.

And an example was the classes where the professor if the person wants to can reply to a single students post. So you can both answer the student directly and post another answer to the main-post, topic starter.

Maybe it's all too complicated and if the professors have the ability to edit posts then you already have got a kind of this system that I'm suggesting. Which is great!

I really don't want to change things that work or introduce a system that will scare our professors away. <3

Thanks for your time^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back