Patrick Vernier

former hufflepuff & prefect | french

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
As Valentine's Day came around, Patrick always tried to prepare himself as best as he could for the large amount of roses he would have to deliver. He enjoyed delivering roses but the hardest part was having to find people he did not know. His next rose had a very unfamiliar name on it and Patrick wasn't sure where to look for her at all. He wondered around the castle, trying his best to avoid crowds however, simply because he didn't like them. He decided maybe she wasn't in the castle at all and headed outside through the courtyard. From the corner of his eye he spotted a girl walking the other way and he suddenly hoped that was her. Hello, um." he said, fumbling awkwardly in his basket for the rose before she walked away. "I have a rose for... Winnie Marsh. Do you happen to know... I mean, are you...? Are you Winnie Marsh?"

The conglomerated arts room was by far Winnie's favourite place to spend time on a normal day, but valentine's day was not a normal day and Winnie was realizing that reading alone in an isolated room wasn't the best thing she could be doing to make the most of her chance to find a fairy tale romance. So she left and began to walk through the courtyard, pondering her next move, whether she would go to the great hall to find her friends or somewhere beautiful in the school grounds, but before she had the chance to decide a boy approached her. A real boy that looked a little older. He said he had a rose for her and she held her hand to her cheek in awe. "I am Winnie, oh, that's amazing. What kind of rose is it?" She smiled, and hoped in the back of her mind it was a pink or red rose from a secret admirer, such a thing would have made her day perfect.​

Patrick was happy that he had found the right girl that the rose belonged to. She seemed like a really nice person and Patrick smiled slightly at her as he began to look for the rose in the basket. "I-It's in here somewhere." he stammered as he looked at all of the different roses, trying to find her name on one of them. Eventually he found the yellow rose that he was looking for and he beamed as he held it out to her along with a note. "It's this rose." he told her. "I hope you like it."

Winnie!

You’re a good friend, and you have a great sense of fashion. Thanks for being there for me. It’s always nice to hang out with you.

Xxx Diana

Winnie watched as the boy rummaged around for the rose, and though she was a little disheartened it was yellow, she was excited all the same. She accepted it happily and read the note, pleased that Diana had also thought to send her a rose for the day. It was nice to have friends that thought about her, even if it wasn't exactly what she was hoping for. Looking up from the note, Winnie spoke to the boy again. "I do like it, thank you." She responded, keeping her smile wide. "What's your name? Do you deliver these roses every year?" Winnie did not know if she was being too forward in asking the boy a few questions, but she figured trying to make conversation with someone a little older than her couldn't do any harm.​

Patrick watched as the girl took the rose and read the note. It must have been a nice message as the girl did not seem to react poorly to it. Most of the messages on the notes were nice anyway. He smiled at her as she thanked him for the delivery. "My name is Patrick Vernier." he said to her, happy that she wanted to make friends. Patrick liked making friends but never seemed to know how to do it unless someone else initiated it. "I've been delivering these roses since my first year, so yeah I guess. It's fun. I don't get any roses so it's mostly a good distraction." he told her with a shrug. He liked the idea of Valentine's Day and seeing people's reactions to his deliveries was the best part about it. He was sure that if Gabriella were still at the school that she would give him a rose and so it didn't really bother him.

Last edited:
Winnie tilted her head as he said his name, twirling her yellow rose in her hand. "It's nice to meet you Patrick." She responded, interested in what he had to say next but admittedly surprised when he said he did not receive roses. Someone making an effort to deliver roses each year but not being sent any in return was baffling to her, even she had received roses from her friends despite not having many of them. A cute boy like Patrick not being sent anything was ridiculous to say the least, and she wanted to do something to make his valentines day worth it. 'That's crazy, someone like you not getting any roses!" Winnie exclaimed. "How about you go to the dance with me, then? It would be a waste for a boy like you to not have a valentine." She asked a moment later. In an ideal world Winnie wouldn't have been the one asking for a date, but given attending the dance had been on her mind and the general spirit of valentines day called for her to have a valentine, it made sense in her mind. If he said yes, Winnie would be on cloud nine. Going to a school dance with a boy for the first time ever would make her night spectacular.​

Patrick smiled at Winnie again. "It's nice to meet you too." he said, genuinely happy to have made a friend out of this. It was definitely a perk of delivering roses as he was able to get to know people without much effort which was always a good thing. He blushed slightly as she was shocked at the fact that someone like him wasn't receiving any roses. Patrick did not know what she meant by someone like him. He wanted to ask her what someone like him was but was taken aback slightly as she asked him to go to the Valentine's dance with her. Patrick had never been to one of them before as he never had a reason to. His cheeks turned a bright shade of pink and he looked down at the ground before replying. "Yeah... I would love to." he said, hoping she could not see how embarrassed he was. Did this mean he had a Valentine now? Was it ever really that easy? "But uhhh, yeah, I gotta go.... deliver more roses. See you at the dance." he muttered, turning around and walking away before she could change her mind.

When Patrick agreed to be her date, Winnie had to keep herself from squealing in excitement. Instead her smile widened and she squared her shoulders, wanting to seem confident. "Great! I'll meet you outside the hall when the dance starts." She said, nodding to Patrick to confirm this. As Patrick turned to leave and said he needed to get his other deliveries done, Winnie nodded again and watched him walk away. When he was out of sight she finally allowed herself to jump up and down a few times, turning and running in the opposite direction of where Patrick went so she could begin preparing for the night ahead. She had a while before she needed to get ready but she didn't want to spare any expense, and knew she would need time to choose the perfect outfit.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back