Fascinating Encounter

Estrella felt as if someone had taken a sledgehammer and pulverized her insides. She would never have imagined that something so tiny could have dealt such a blow. Her dark eyes were glued on the ring in both disbelief and horror. But the writing on the inside was unmistakable. Swallowing hard, she squeezed her eyes shut tightly, clenching her fists. Why would Jaken do such a thing? And why, of all things, wouldn't he tell her? The Ravenclaw knew why. However, she still couldn't help feeling utterly betrayed.

Staying close to Katerina, Estrella remained silent as she pondered the situation. She could help feeling several different varieties of hurt. Anger and confusion ran rampant in her mind. A thin smile broke out on her face as Katerina told that miserable b1tch off. A facial expression was all she could muster however. Her brow was furrowed, exhibiting the real stress that she was feeling at this point.

Despite the fact that all fight had left her, she still kept her head high. It seemed to be all that she had left. Katerina's words lifted her spirits a little bit- yet it was becoming more and more difficult to be confident in them. If she hadn't been feeling like dirt, she would have done something so mocking as to high five her friend. She looked up at Svetlana, feeling that it was finally time to add in something. She was not challenging in any sense of the word this time around though. Just- well, she didn't know how she felt.

"If he proposed to you, then why aren't you two still together?"

Svetlana’s lips curled in disgust, and brought up her arm as if she were about to slap Katerina, but the blow never soared. She smirked slightly, as she put the ring back in her pocket, “Like you are the one to talk. Didn’t you go all psychotic when Nic got smart and left you? So, shut your trap or else you will regret it. I am just sharing the facts with Estrella. Perhaps even a fair warning. Besides, no one will ever love you, so why should I even be speaking to filth?” She turned her attention to Estrella. Her voice turned into something that wasn’t really harsh as before. It was almost soothing, eerily soothing, “We aren’t together anymore because he simply got up and left. Without any warning. I just assumed that we were over because he never once wrote to me saying otherwise. Heed my warning, Jaken is not the nice guy he claims to be. The majority of his family are excellent actors, so he might be just toying around with you. I wouldn’t know though.” Svetlana did one thing that hardly anyone has ever seen. She took a step back, with a void expression on her face.

Dietrich and Demitris don't really have anything to say, so I won't post as them

Katerina closed her eyes, waiting for the blow - but it never came. Opening her eyes, she folded her arms across her chest, defensively. "I think I have more chance of finding love in this lifetime than you do," she muttered quietly, thinking of Yvan. She pitied anybody who could fall in love with Svetlana. She was physically beautiful, yes, but personality-wise, she was disgustingly ugly. Katerina would not have called herself perfect, but she had a much kinder heart than Svetlana. However, she knew it was wise to keep her mouth shut now, when Svetlana spoke of Jaken. Katerina would never kick someone when they were down - unlike the group, who made a living out of it. Katerina looked at Estrella, sorry that she had to see all this - especially the revelation about Svetlana and Jaken, something she knew would not be a nice thing for Estrella to have to deal with, to say the absolute least. "We should go," she mouthed, looking pained.

Estrella was pulled out of her daze as Svetlana turned on Katerina. "I do know one thing," she started softly, "Don't you ever threaten my friend again." Her dark eyes were scathing as they settled on Jaken's ex. "She is far from filth, and a thousand times the person you will ever be. I don't know how wretched and small you have to be to treat people like you do- but trust me, you'll reap what you sow. Maybe not today, and maybe not in twenty years," she gave the girl a small smirk, "But it will come."

The seventeen year old could have gone on a tangent, but she knew that today was not the day, if ever. She felt as if she had been hollowed out with some invisible tool. Estrella knew that the emptiness was going to persist, but the situation going to get better if she remained in the presence of these horrible people any longer.

Although Svetlana had buried the ring in her pocket, her words still resounded in Estrella's mind. The girl felt as if she were going to be physically sick. She didn't have fight left in her. Nodding at Katerina, she turned to leave. Hopefully, no one would object. Estrella feared that she might have to use her wand after all if it came to that.

Jaken walked down Obsidian Harbor, with his short, cropped hair neatly trimmed and his shirt revealing the muscles he had underneath his skin. Jaken was happy that he was spending the summer with his friends, but he was still devastated over the loss of Alessine. Things could not get much worse than that. Jaken felt off about spending the summer with Svetlana, but well, he was over her. And he never wanted to be with her again. She was too cold. Too much like a glacier. He wanted someone warmer. Someone more like the way he is now. Jaken was a nice guy, but had a temper. That was just the way he is. He was more like his mother than anything.

Jaken’s stormy eyes, filled with excitement and grief, eyed a familiar head of blond hair. He could see Dietrich’s face. A smile formed on his features, but vanished when he noticed his girlfriend’s hair and another girl’s. Oh no… he thought frantically. The group was here! With Estrella and Katerina! That only meant bad news. Svetlana would surely say something, if not her, then Hayden. Jaken felt his blood rushing as he headed over to them. Demitris still looked the same, as well as the others. He saw Estrella’s expression, and suddenly, he felt a wave of shame wash over his body. What happened? He hoped that the past hasn’t come back to bite him in the ass. Though in the pit of his stomach, he knew better.

Estrella turned as she heard another set of footsteps. Her dark eyes fell onto another tall, dark and handsome teenager- who coincidentally happened to be her boyfriend. The seventeen year old's stomach twisted into a knot, her mouth parting just a bit to speak. But she couldn't bring herself to say anything, couldn't even shout. Her stomach lurched as she stepped backward.

The brunette's gaze was locked to her boyfriend's for a moment. All of the emotions that she was running through were transferred through that look. Absolutely overwhelmed, she turned heel and started away as fast as she could, knowing that Katerina would not be far behind. She was sure that they had seen the first few tears break from her eyes- and those that had fallen wouldn't be the last. Well, let them see them. At least they could have that satisfaction.

Jaken watched in despair as Estrella walked away from him. He bit his lip, and felt suddenly heavy at the heart. He had seen tears, which was a horrid sign. He thought that he would be balling his eyes out by now, but he held the tears inside. Never had he been hurt this much. And he turned his sadness into anger and fury. He glared at Svetlana, and muttered blasphemies under his breath in a mix of Russian and Bulgarian. He turned to go after Estrella, and try to fix all this. All he wanted now was to make sure that nothing bad would come out of this situation. Why did the gang have to come now?

Dietrich watched in horror as the expression on Jaken’s face changed. This was something he did not want to do, want to see. Svetlana probably ruined their relationship, and with that, brought on sadness to Dietrich. He watched as Jaken turned to go after the Head Girl, but Dietrich stepped forward and murmured in his ear, “Don’t. Let her cool off, or else you will make things worse.” Dietrich wanted to lighten the situation up a bit, so he pecked Jaken on the cheek. Dietrich knew that Jaken would throw him off, but he thought quickly. Dietrich back away, and beamed, “Let’s go to Demitris’s house!” Dietrich did a feminine pose, and focused really hard, before apparating, with Jaken following.

Demitris shot a dirty look at Svetlana, after Jaken and Dietrich departed. Demitris growled, “You heartless b!tch. How dare you do something like that to Estrella? I know what we are all about, but what you did to Jaken was betrayal.” Demitris did not lessen up on his glaring. “We are not supposed to harm other members. And you did that twice in one year. Hayden and Jaken. Continue breaking the rules, and I will personally kick you out of the gang.” Demitris angrily apparated to his house.

Svetlana felt some sort of victory when she saw Estrella’s tears, and more so when she saw Jaken’s face. That served him right for leaving her like that. Svetlana watched as Jaken and Dietrich left, but grew horrified at Demitris’s reaction. Her face was distorted with sadness and frustration. Sure, she did have an alternative motive to ending Jaken’s current relationship, out of revenge. Svetlana heard the threat, and bit her lip. Never had she been this terrified of Demitris. However, that will surely leave soon. Svetlana murmured, after Demitrs departed, “But…” She couldn’t even finish. The real friends she had were in the gang. And if she were kicked out, she would be the laughing stock of the school. She turned and apparated, with her three D’s in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back