Fascinating Encounter

Demitris Zhefarovich

Wand
Bloodwood 15 3/4" Core of Phoenix Talon
Demitris made his way down Obsidian, along with Svetlana, Dietrich, and Hayden. Demitris was wearing a green shirt with dark blue jeans. He also had on a cloak, with the Durmstrang emblem upon it. They were going to meet up with Jaken, and take him to Russia to go have some fun at his house. Demitris lived alone, and out in the middle of nowhere, so this party could really be loud. They were all seventeen, and able to drink legally and perform magic. They were also all seventh years. This was something to celebrate. Demitris was leading the gang, mainly because he contacted with Jaken not long ago about where they were to meet. Demitris said to the gang, “Not too far from here. Just up ahead a few more yards. He promised to meet us here in about…twenty more minutes.” The stores and people, they had no interest to him, for all he wanted to do today was meet up with a long time friend.

Dietrich followed Demitris, admiring the view from behind every once and a while. He had a smug look about him, and boy, he thought he looked good today. How he loved looking good for the ladies that passed. The boy held his head up high. Though Jaken was going to be staying at Demitris’s for majority of the time, he was only going to spend a few days there, and head to his best friend’s, Hadan’s place. Over in the Zhefarovich Manor. He wondered how Hadan had gotten into Jaken’s family, but he shrugged it off for now. Once hearing Demitris’s words, he nodded and said, “About time we had the most important gang members together. What a vacation it will be!” A smirk spread across his features. Dietrich fiddled with his white shirt with a huge skull upon it, while occasionly whipping off his tight black jeans. He had to make sure that he wasn't dirty at all.

Svetlana walked beside of Dietrich, looking as glamorous as she ever did, with a purple tank top that highlighted her brown eyes, and her tight jeans along with high heel boots. Her hair was loose in her soft curls and glowed in the sunlight. Though she was a beautiful girl, she was also looking devious. She was excited about having the full gang over, and as far as she was concerned, she and Jaken were over each other. And she hoped that she and her Hayden issue were long forgotten. Though she still thought that she was doing him a huge favor. Svetlana flipped her hair over her shoulders, and beamed, “Oh, it shall be one to remember, for sure.” Svetlana smiled, and wished that school would hurry and be over. Then, hopefully, she would have Demitris all to herself. Svetlana could not wait for that day. She knew that she would have him, and boy, she would make sure that no one stood in her way.

As Hayden walked on the opposite side of Dietrich on that of Svetlana, he couldn't help but search the crowds for two people. Lemina and his friend, Jaken. He missed Mina, but certainly wouldn't have been able to go up to her even if he had seen her, the fact that he liked a Hogwarts student was bad enough, but a nice one would just be suicide in the gang, or so he believed. "Indeed," he said. Hayden wasn't a man of many words, however the gang knew exactly what was on his mind 75 per cent of the time.

The twenty five per cent left over was thoughts of things he had to work out before telling the gang like Hayden had yet to tell his friends, but he would not be returning to Durmstrang, at least not if he was accepted into Hogwarts New Zealand like he wanted to be. He was finished with the coldness of their group to others, and just wanted to be his normal self, however he would not be sharing that with them. He would tell them that career opportunities brought him to Australia where he was moving and that Hogwarts New Zealand was the closest school to it.

Estrella was having a record summer vacation as far as she was concerned. Somehow she felt entitled to it- this was her last before the end of school after all. The seventeen year old was enjoying her time soaking up the New Zealand sun and hanging out with Katerina. Today they had spent shopping and relaxing as much as they could. Estrella hated the fact that the days were numbered. Soon, they would have to go their separate ways and return to school. As excited as the Ravenclaw girl was for her seventh year at Hogwarts New Zealand, she didn't want her summer to end.

"So, do you want to do anything in particular?" Estrella asked Katerina as they passed down one of the many streets in the harbor. "There're shops, shops and more shops." The Ravenclaw girl didn't want to think about how much of her money she had blown away these past few months. "Or, we can go sightsee." The brunette liked using magic outside of school just because she could, but she hadn't managed to find many opportunities to use it in public.

Shrugging at her friend, Estrella chuckled, "Sorry I'm so boring!" The Ravenclaw stifled a yawn, looking around the place. Her gaze settled on a group of teenagers that looked incredibly close to their age- but she didn't know who they were for the life of her. "Check out those boys over there," she whispered to Katerina with a giggle. The group seemed to be a safe distance away. Estrella was dating Jaken of course, but she, as a seventeen year old girl, had no qualms about being observant.

Katerina was happy - these holidays had been extremely exciting. She had spent some time with Yvan at the start of the holidays, and she had spent a great time with Estrella so far. Of course, her seventh year at Durmstrang was looming. This was something she was not looking forward to. Not only was there the pressure of seventh year - the pressure to do well in her final exams, to make a future for herself, to know what to do next year, to say goodbye to the place that she had been used to calling a sort of home for the past seven years - but there was another year with them. Katerina had survived five years of torture - having been absent during her fifth year to go to Hogwarts New Zealand - a good thing, for she had made peace with Jaken and met people like Estrella. But if she would survive this year...it would be a miracle. She was so close to breaking point, had been for a while. It was Yvan, and her school work, that was keeping her sane.

"Ha, you aren't boring!" Katerina laughed, as she looked around at Obsidian Harbor, impressed. Everything was so bright, and pretty - unlike the shops for Durmstrang. New Zealand was such a beautiful place! All she could say for Russia was that it was...cold. "We could shop and sightsee?" she suggested, with a shrug.

Hearing Estrella mention boys, Katerina followed her gaze to see who she could be talking about. And froze. No, no it can't be... she thought, biting her lip. It was the group. Katerina swallowed, terrified. These holidays were supposed to be about getting away from the horrors of Durmstrang, and yet they seemed to follow her, even to New Zealand. "Oh, they go to Durmstrang," she muttered, quietly. "They're seventh years, with me," she explained, hoping she wouldn't have to introduce them and desperately hoping they wouldn't see her. She did not want to have to deal with them.

Svetlana could not hide the smile off her face when she thought about this year's vacation. It was going to be a blast, and one that everyone would remember. Even though she and Jaken were over, she couldn't help but feel happy about seeing him again. Her brown eyes caught the sight of two females walking toward them. She placed her hand on Demitris's shoulder, causing him to stop his tracks, and hopefully, the other two males would have done the same. "Well, I guess we can have a little bit of fun now, right?" Smirking, she stepped out from behind Demitris, and stood in front of him. She walked forward, and wished that one of her comrades, preferably Dietrich, would stand by her side.

Svetlana places her hands on her hips, a devious smirk played upon her lips. Her voice rang out like a bell as she inquired almost too sweetly, "And how is Ivan's charity case doing on this lovely day?" Surely they could hear her. She made sure of that, especially Katerina. Svetlana did not care for the other girl at this moment. Not unless that girl were to open her mouth, and start something she would soon regret.

Demitris is just going to stay quiet during this, unless I feel need to RP as him. Feel free to reply! xD

Dietrich looked rather confused on why Svetlana stopped the group, but his eyes followed hers. Dietrich laughed, and shrugged. So, it was Katerina. But out with another girl? Who would have thought she even made friends, even outside the school? Dietrich stepped out and stood beside Svetlana. His laughter filled the air once more when Svetlana called out what Katerina really was. A basket case. Their favorite little victim. They were the reason why she could barely stand Durmstrang after all. Dietrich added with a smirk on his lips, giving him more of a sneaky appearance, "And the owl? Surely it cannot fly now. Thanks to me." He folded his arms across his chest, and took a stance that almost appeared feminine. He smiled at the other girl, but couldn't help but wonder where had he heard of a girl that appeared such as this one.

Estrella gave Katerina a small smile, glancing around to see which shop they should go in next. Part of her wanted to be adventurous and go down Bleak Street, but that place gave her the creeps. She was sure that Katerina wouldn't like the clientele either. The narrow alley was anything but pretty. "That works for me!" she laughed. Shopping and sightseeing was what much of their summer had consisted of, but they had fun doing it, right?

Her devious smile contorted into a puzzled frown as Katerina told her who those teenagers were. "What are people from Durmstrang doing here?" she asked. Katerina didn't sound too optimistic about these people. Something about the way that Katerina said it told Estrella that these weren't people that they wanted to run into. Her eyes settling on a shop, Estrella told hold of the girl's arm lightly. "Let's go there, shall we?"

The Ravenclaw was stopped in her tracks as two of the teenagers approached them. What were they calling Katerina out for? Her stomach twisted into a knot as she turned around. The rather good looking blond that had caught Estrella's eye before stood next to a rather snobby looking girl. Estrella had the convenience of a scathing glare when she utilized it. She couldn't believe what was coming out of their mouths. With a sideways glance to Katerina, Estrella decided to open her own.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't know what they're doing here...and I'm not sure I want to," Katerina muttered, darkly. She was terrified - she hoped they wouldn't notice her. She was very glad that Estrella noticed the panic in her countenance and pulled her away. Unfortunately, it was too late. Svetlana spoke, loudly, and Katerina's blood turned to ice. She was followed by Dietrich. So ended Katerina's chances at a relaxed day. "Hello Svetlana, Dietrich, Demitris, Hayden," she muttered, with a curt nod. "What a strange coincedence it is to see you here," she said in mock-politeness, her voice hostile. Katerina shot Estrella a quick look, ashamed that she had to see this. But Katerina wasn't going to let them boss her around. She was on holidays, so were they. They didn't have the right to make her life hell. Especially not outside the walls of Durmstrang.
"I don't know what you're trying to start, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't start anything. I am no charity case. Do not slander me or my boyfriend," she seethed, her voice icy. "And my owl is alive, no thanks to you, but I would appreciate it if you never harmed her again. Now, if you'll excuse us, we will be on our way," she stated, turning slightly so as to walk away.

Hayden smirked maliciously as his gaze followed his friend’s onto a rather homely girl and a stranger. “That is a shame that you actually believe such a horrendous lie, Ivanova,” he smirked as stepped beside Svetlana. “Leaving the party so soon?” he asked, as if he was disappointed in this, but it was coated with sarcasm, he enjoyed seeing the frustration in Katerina’s eyes and her anger. The Ice Queen amused him, and he could do with some amusement while the most important members of The Gang were waiting for Jaken.

Hayden had resumed his role properly as The Schemer after his little chat with Svetlana, and things had been a tad uncomfortable at first, mainly because he had remembered the searing pain and was angered at the sight of The Recruiter, but things had returned to normal, except he was no longer lusting after her. Which pleased him.

Demitris only raised an eyebrow. He stepped out beside of Dietrich, his body build much like his best friend’s build, Jaken. His green eyes were piercing cold, and his stare was like an empty void. No feeling. He folded his mighty arms across his bulging chest. This made him seem bigger and more threatening. He muttered icily, “Greetings, Katerina.” Demitris may have not been the most verbal one out of the group, but he can be the most violent. He was known for his physical violence, and he wasn’t about to let this girl leave. Demitris glanced at Svetlana, Hayden, and Dietrich, giving a short nod. “It is a coincidence seeing you here. But, we are here to retrieve someone you know personally, Katerina.” Demitris wondered if Jaken would really care if they were still being cruel to Katerina. It was the school that made him soft. And the entire group knew it.

Svetlana’s contemptuous gaze landed on the one that spoke. The other girl. Svetlana gave her a one examining look, and rolled her eyes in disgust. “Hogwarts.” She glanced at Demitris, happy inside that he joined the party. She smiled mockingly at the girls. “We are not starting anything. This was all brought on by you for existing, Ivanova.” Her voice was sweet as honey, but the meaning behind was venomous to say the least. Svetlana twiddled her finger within her brown locks, and smirked, “That’s right, Ivanova, run. Run like you always did. And I am sure by now what has happened once you turn away.” Svetlana let out a soft laugh. “Ivan… Ivan. We all know how pathetic you really are. Especially over that one boy. Who was it? Nic?” Svetlana hoped that this spot a memory. She hoped it would.

Dietrich shrugged lightly, “Eh, what can I say, Katerina? I was horribly bored and I needed something to pick on. You weren’t around, so I chose the second best thing. Aren’t I just merciful?” Dietrich had this smug look on his face, pronouncing his facial features. He was attractive, and he knew it. Though one of his favorite pastimes were alluring girls to him, and then breaking their hearts. He never gave the pleasure to Katerina though. He was far more interested in Hadan at the time. And, because he had boys as well. Boys to him were just a bit better than girls. At least, when it came to snogging. Dietrich stared at the other girl and pursed his lips in thought. He could have sworn that he had seen her before, “Geez, she sounds like a Head Girl or something.” He spoke more to himself than anything else.

As Dietrich spoke of the girl that Katerina was with, he smirked and said, "No, remember Jaken is dating the head girl, he wouldn't go for someone that would sink so low as to be friends with her, or someone that looked like that." He hoped this got a rise out of both of them. Hayden ruffled his brown hair, before crossing his arms across his broad chest. He pressed his thin lips together, and his bright blue crystals looked icily into the homely stranger's, being more intimidating with each second, although not totally noticing it. It was just something his Grandfather, Nikolai Zchechaf, and he had in common when they were in this sort of a situation.

What? Homely? I wouldn't consider Katerina or Estrella homely. xP

Estrella had never been anticipating such a turn to rather uneventful and happy day that she and Katerina had been enjoying. It was glaringly obvious that her friend did not get along with these people, at all. Her patience was tried and tested, but as things clicked into place it disappeared entirely. These people weren’t just people that Katerina preferred to stay away from. They made a sport of making her time at school hell. This was why the girl didn’t want to return to school, why she wasn’t very social. It seemed as if Estrella’s blood had been set on the back burner, boiling and raging beneath her skin.

The girl slipped from her easygoing and more agreeable self, and into one that she wasn’t accustomed to. A small vein in her temple started to throb. Estrella could handle being made fun of herself- but she wasn’t going to stand back and let these *******s drive Katerina into the dirt any further. Her voice was both calm and threatening, her American accent unusually blatant.

“Katerina has more heart in her little toe than all of you lot do combined.” Estrella regarded each and everyone one of these people like she would a piece of dog crap fermenting on a hot tar road. “Why don’t you crawl back into your holes where you belong? I mean,” she smirked, “That’s where urchins are supposed to be.” Her glare turned onto the girl of the group, noting that that one was particularly vicious.

Alarm rose in Estrella as a boy mentioned Jaken. What did he have to do with this? But she didn’t betray her confusion. Stepping merely inches away from the one who had spoken, she glanced him over. “You’re not exactly something I’d jump on either,” a light smirk played on her lips, “In fact, you’re about as pleasing to the eye as a dirty sponge.”

Estrella’s hand was at her side as she spoke. There was no way she would stray from her wand. If these people thought they could insult herself and her friend, they had another thing coming. Part of her wanted to grab Katerina and go, but her more curious side kept her rooted.

“What was that about the Head Girl?” she asked casually, although her expression was far from casual. Her expression was scathing, something that could only be inherent of her grandfather. She had half a mind to raise her hand and smack the mocking smile off of the boy’s face.

Katerina couldn't move, they'd trapped her, trapped her and wouldn't let her go. And they were all of age - a thought that terrified her. They can perform magic outside of school. Well, we can too, but they can... she thought, clenching her fists as they attacked her with vicious words. The very nerve of mentioning Nicolae - who she could have happily forgotten, especially now that he had graduated. And the nerve to insult Estrella! "Don't you ever, ever insult my friend," Katerina hissed. "She is a thousand times the person that you, combined, could ever hope to be." She breathed heavily, seething. She had been hurt enough in the past. Couldn't they just leave her alone? Why did they insist on attacking her, all the time? Katerina wasn't a violent person, but often, she had been almost tempted to try the things they had learnt in Dark Arts on her tormentors. She never could, though. She was too good a person to be tainted by the lure of the Dark Arts. Besides, she wanted a happy and bright future, not a wretched one, cursed by mistakes made at school. Katerina bit her lip, stopping herself from doing something stupid. She would not give them that satisfaction. Not now, and not ever again.

Remember, that's IC Amanda, I don't think Estrella or Katerina are homely :p

Hayden simply chuckled with amusement as Katerina's friend began insulting them, it really took more then a few comments to try and break them, in fact he didn't think they had ever really been stopped from an outsider. Jaken had really been the one to control how far his schemes went back when he was at Durmstrang, now he had creative liscense and used it as much as he possibly could.

As the ugly girl stepped towards him Hayden just smirked, and raised his wand, pointing it threateningly at her throat. He dug it in closer, his eyes sparked with malice, as they often did when he was planning on hurting someone, a look Katerina knew well, almost as a friendly smile, however it was not one. His eyes locked on the girls once before pushing her off further with his wand, just as a warning.

Yes, Hayden knew he was attractive, the several girls at Durmstrang proved this point for him everyday, so that wasn't what made him act the way he just had. He just wanted to teach this girl, apparently named Estrella, not to speak poorly to her betters, which of course were them.

“What was that about the Head Girl?”

Hayden rolled his eyes as he crossed his chest and muttered in cold and disgusted tone, in his German accent, "Our friend is with this Hogwarts girl." He glanced over at Svetlana for a short moment, knowing that she knew all about his Lemina situation, except who it was, but that didn't matter. He looked back at the girl and let his natural curiousity gain control as he asked, "Why does it matter to you who our friend is with?"

At this point, Hayden Kerberos was ignoring Katerina, she was just being her normal stupid, weak self, one that needed no reward. In fact they were probably doing her some good, treating her worse then a mut so she knew exactly what she was.

Demitris did not like the way things were going. No, if she really was with Jaken, then surely enough, he would harm them if something were to happen to her. This girl, there was no mistaken it on Jaken's description. She was his girlfriend. One with a temper. And one that looked pretty good to, even if Demitris had to admit it. Demitris put his hand on Hayden’s shoulder, giving it a warning squeeze. “There is no need to be casting any spells. Especially not to Jaken’s girlfriend. You know that it isn’t nice to curse ladies in public” The last part was in more of a hiss. Demitris preferred bothering boys rather than girls. Demitris’s piercing green eyes stared at Katerina and Estrella for a moment. He turned back to the group, and only knew that Dietrich was being his usual, curious self.

Dietrich only smiled a bit. He exclaimed, “You are dating Jaken?! No wonder he is slightly afraid of doing what he used to do at Hogwarts. If I had a girl or guy with your temper, wow, I would be shaking in my shoes.” Dietrich frowned slightly. He had yet to really know whether Svetlana would take this all well. Dietrich glanced over at Katerina, noticing that he did not even insult Estrella, did he? Dietrich gave Katerina a devious smile, “Not everyone can be the hero, doll.”

Amazingly, Svetlana said nothing while the whole ordeal was going on. She was still processing what was being said. This tramp was dating her Jaken? Her ex fiancé Jaken? No, even if she was or wasn’t over him, she definitely did not approve. Her brown eyes flashed with anger and jealousy. Svetlana raised her voice, “How could my ex fiancé Jaken ever ever choose you? I am disgusted!” Svetlana was literally shaking where she stood. Her long fingers curled into her hands, making fists. How she would love to rip this girl apart. She as well paid no attention to Katerina. Even she might not have ever seen Svetlana this mad.

Estrella couldn't help feeling a little smug as Katerina stepped forward and told the group off. At least she knew that she had the back of her friend, and vice versa. If anything bad were to happen, the Ravenclaw wasn't going to go down without a fight. She may like to read books, but she wasn't a pushover either.

Her dark eyes widened as the boy before her pressed his wand to her throat. As the boy pulled his wand away she grabbed on to his wand hand, twisting his wrist. Estrella wasn't weak by any standards, and she would let him know it. "If you ever get the idea to put your wand in my face again," she spat, "I will make sure it goes where no wand has ever gone before."

Releasing her grip on his wrist, she turned her scathing gaze onto the boy that pulled the other away. "Yes, I am his girlfriend. But why does this concern you?" Her lips were contorted into a frown. These went to Durmstrang- but they couldn't be Jaken's old mates, could they? Her stomach lurched as she realized that yes, they were. And the fact that he was spending time with these people- how could he? Her mind was a blur of confusion as she fell back to Katerina's side.

Her glowering gaze fell onto the blonde, but she didn't say anything. The Ravenclaw's expression twisted into real befuddlement as the one girl of the group spoke. Her tone was blatantly sarcastic as she spoke this time. She could almost burst out laughing.

"Fiance? Are you frigging kidding me?"

Dietrich shrugged lightly, "Never said that it did. But you see, I'm his bestie and well, just something I like to know." He put on a smile. Dietrich heard Jaken's girl snap at Hayden, which caused him to burst out laughing. Never had he heard something so funny. What made it even better, was that Dietrich even saw the picture in his mind. He laughed and laughed, tears coming to his blue-green eyes. He could not even stand up straight he was laughing so hard. Eventually, he had to sit on the ground, and wait until his laughing fit was over. Once it was, he stood back up, dusting himself off, and turned to Estrella, "Boy, I like you. You are very funny." Dietrich sounded like his usual, feminine self now. Before putting a serious expression on, seeing Svetlana's and Estrella's reaction to each other's news. He nudged Svetlana, "Show her the ring."

Svetlana rolled her eyes as Dietrich fell to the ground laughing. In her mind, she barely cracked a smile. She herself kneed Hayden in the groin, and seeing his reaction about it really brought tears to her eyes from so much laughter. However, she was too blinded by rage to think clearly. Feeling the nudge from Dietrich, she glowered at Estrella, "Have a problem with it?" She reached into her jean pocket, keeping the ring for memories, and wondering if Jaken still had his as well. He was her first love, and vise versa. She approached Estrella, her fingers clinching the ring, and held it out to show her. "Obviously, he doesn't feel the same about you as he did about me. After a year of really serious commitment, he said he loved me, and then proposed. Here is the proof." There was an engraving inside it. It clearly read, Jaken and Svetlana always. Svetlana did not smirk, nor smile. She was completely serious.

Zeh ring.
diamond-engagement-ring-11.jpg

Katerina was not going to let herself be walked all over, and she was not going to let them hurt Estrella. She could've murdered Hayden, had he actually done anything more than threaten Estrella. Katerina smirked at Estrella's response to Hayden - although the situation was serious, she had to admit that it was a very good call. She would have laughed had it not been for the fear that she was feeling. Of course, Svetlana brought up how she had felt about her darling Jaken. "Oh, give me a break. How old were you, again?" Katerina spat, cold mirth in her icy blue eyes. "And you really thought you two would be married. And be together, forever. Give me a break!" She was going to pay, but she had to get her feelings on the matter out. Svetlana always seemed to look intelligent...but really, in Katerina's eyes, she had hit a new low of stupidity. "I am pretty sure that Jaken, at least, has standards. He's moved on, from a sick, twisted, disillusioned little cow, to a real human being." Katerina drew in a deep breath. The fear was disappearing, the words that were spilling from her mouth gave her new confidence. "A real human being who has integrity, kindness...and isn't stupid. Jaken might've been trapped in your fantasy world, Svetlana, but he's moved on. And I can say, with complete honesty, that he is a much better person for it." Katerina scoffed. "Proposal. Seriously. Oh, you so do not understand the world."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back