Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Jacob's ♥
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Ebony Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Spring has finally come and this was Irene's favorite season. Well, one of her favorites. She just arrived that morning from her holidays and was on her way to the library to get the mail that she was supposed to send to her parents. She just reached the fourth floor which was surprisingly deserted at that time. Walking alone, she was deep in thoughts on what to expect for the new year when she heard someone calling her from behind. She stopped and looked back from where she just came from to see who was calling her. This took her by surprise because she could not think of a reason for this person to suddenly approached her out of the blue. She just stood there with a small smile as she waited for this person to reach where she was situated.

Landon was excited to be back at Hogwarts again for another school year. He had missed teaching his students and was eager to meet the new first years that he would be teaching which was something that made him look forward to his job. However, the man also needed to make friends with some colleagues and so had prepared them all gift baskets filled with all sorts of good items including both wizard and muggle candy, small keyrings, muggle stationery and small potted plants which came in different shapes and sizes. He figured he didn't mind spending so much money on his colleagues and they definitely deserved something for a wonderful year prior.

Landon's next stop was the library. He had prepared a gift basket for Irene whom he had met last year and was happy to give her one. He made his way up to the fourth floor and began walking along the corridor until he spotted her in the distance. "Irene!" he exclaimed, walking a bit faster so he could catch up to her. When he finally did, he held the basket out to her and beamed. "This is for you! I hope you like it."

The excitement in Prof. Carter's voice caused Irene's smile to widen. It seemed like the man had something interesting to tell her. When the professor reached her,that was the time Irene noticed the basket he was holding. She wondered..

Landon presented her the basket which confirmed the librarian's suspicions. She could see muggle and wizard sweets,key rings,stationery - she could use them to write some mail, and some plants. She accepted them with a bright smile. "Oh,for me?Thank you,Professor." She looked up at the man and with an apologetic face,she said, "This was so unexpected.I was not even able to prepare something for you." It was indeed unexpected although she was not able to have time to go holiday shopping aside from bringing her nieces and nephews to theme parks and their own holiday shopping. She made a mental note to place an order at one of the shops in the Obsidian Harbour or Brightstone for a present to the professor.

Landon nodded brightly at the librarian, reassuring her that the basket was indeed hers. He chuckled. "Of course I had to to get you something. You're a good friend." he told her genuinely, glad that she had liked what he prepared for her. He didn't have many friends at his workplace and was thankful for her. At Irene's statement, Landon quickly shook his head. "No, no, you don't have to get me anything! It's my pleasure." he insisted. "How have you been? How were your holidays?" The man asked this curiously, hoping her holidays had been well.

Irene smiled at the professor as she looked down again at the basket. Most of her favorites were there. It seemed like Professor Carter knew how to make a friend smile. When he quickly shook his head at the mention of her not preparing something for him, Irene just nodded in agreement, but inside, she was already decided on what she had already planned.

Professor Carter asked her about her holidays to which Irene answered but not before she shifted the basket from one hand to both hands. With all the good stuff it contained, it was a bit heavy for her. She may be a witch but since she did not plan to go to the library at that moment, making her place her wand in her bag and not in her sleeves like she always did. "I've been doing great! Holidays were always usual for me. Family gatherings and doing the aunt duties." She laughed at this although her face showed enjoyment in doing that. She glanced at Landon as they started walking down the corridor at a comfortable pace. "How were your holidays? Did you get any presents?", she asked to keep the conversation going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back