Family values

Skye Taylor

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Spruce Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
The holidays had come all too quickly for Skye and now they were here she dreaded going back to school because she knew she would have to do it minus a certain sexy Ravenclaw. Willow would be moving on with her life and started to carve out her career while Skye was stuck at school without her, who even knew if she'd see her again. With all this in mind and the face it was her last winter holidays with a new school year on the other side Skye decided she needed to do something different. Last minute the Gryffindor arranged to pop over to England and see her relatives that she never saw. The last time she saw her aunt, uncle anf cousins she must have been no olderthan six, oh how she had changed since then.

The first noticeable difference about being in England at an older age was that she was turning more heads, she was no Willoe but she got hrt fair share of attention and that was just how she liked it. Having been in England a few days she felt like she was taking a crash course in how annoying her cousins were. Of her cousins the oldest Ryan was by far the worst, he was now a fourth year at Hogwarts Scotland which just didn't seem possible. Her visit also marked the first time she met the younger twins. She dreaded the day they were old enough to torment her.

In desperate need to get out of the house Skye decided to visit Londons answer to Obsidian harbour. She apparated into a nearby alley and checked the coast was clear before she entered the street and walked into the leaky cauldron and made her way into Diagon alley.

[adminapproval=#11141811] There was a faint chill to the wind as Elowen stepped out into Diagon Ally in London. She'd had the convenience of this place so close to home since coming back to visit her parents. it wasn't a walk in a park to visit with her dysfunctional family, but truly could the blonde complain? it was comfortable being back in her own bed, albeit it reminded her of being sicker than she was now. She'd long since decided to try and get better - and failed and tried again - but other than that her life was seemingly going no where but down the drain - along with the alcohol she planned on ingesting that night.

The jingle of Elowen's jewlry was easy to hear as she made her way through the semi-familiar roads. Unfortunately her memory often escaped her these days, and she found it hard to think. She decided that rather than struggle to find what she was looking for she'd approach someone, and quickly found a woman whom appeared her age. The striking red hair helped her to stand out, and Elowen gave a clear of her throat, speaking in English. "I'm sorry, i donnae where I'm goin'. Mind helpin' me find a pub here?" She asked, thick Scottish accent coating each word.

Skye's absence from her cousin's lives seemed more apparent to her now that she was unable to find her way around Diagon alley. She would certainly consider moving to England when she graduated, it was where all the best Quidditch was and having some family nearby made it appealing. Even if they were young brats. The one place Skye had managed to find was the Leaky cauldron, one in every country it would seem. She made a mental note that she planned to end up there later, perhaps she would have a few drinks now she was of age.

The red head had just about got her bearings when a thick scottosh accent began addressing her. She was asking where she could find a pub, lucky girl. Had she asked for anything else she would have been useless. She looked at the girl properly for the first time and liked what she saw. She was pretty, she was no Willow but she would do. "As it happens I'm heading to one myself, would you like to join me?" She asked confidently.

Elowen gave a grin to the girl, though quickly shut her mouth slightly. Her teeth were not the whitest, and a few had become chipped from being brittle. She knew that the dentists were doing their best to build her caps, but the blonde wanted her teeth to look better at that moment. "Safe." She remarked to the girl telling her in no uncertain terms that she would follow her. "Yeah, sounds like a plan. Name's Elowen." The pale skinned magizoologist extended her hand and offered it to the girl. She wasn't as self-conscious of her fingers anymore, though they were still fairly bony, she recognized they weren't as sickly. As she recovered her hands became less visibly veined, and frankly though her skin still stayed fair, it's lack of translucency was much more attractive in her mind. it struck her as odd sometimes, but Elowen knew her recovery was intensely important.

Skye smiled as she muttered something that sounded like safe, she took that to mean she was in so when she extended her hand Skye took it in hers and shook gently before interlocking their fingers and leading her to the one place in Diagon alley that she was able to find without getting lost. The former Gryffindor opened the door to the pub and led her companion inside and over to the bar. "What are you drinking?" Skye asked, she had considered just ordering them both firewhiskys and seeing where the afternoon took them but that would have been presumptuous. For all she knew this girl just wanted a nice butterbeer to break up the day before she returned to start her shopping, or maybe she wanted to get flat out drunk with a stranger and wake up in a strange hotel room, who knew. But Skye was determined to find out.

Elowen wouldn't lie that she was a bit taken aback by the woman locking their fingers together, but how could she complain. The beautiful red head led her through the town down cobbled alleys until they reached a small place that served the kind of alcohol that could make Elowen forget she'd ever had anything to do that day at all. When asked what she wanted she giggled a bit. "Buying me a drink - I'm sure it's supposed to be the other way around." She knew the tired cliche of buying a pretty lady of a drink, but the insecure woman thought perhaps she should be buying Skye the drink - she was the pretty one. "How about something strong?" She asked, hoping that mid afternoon drinking wasn't going to make this girl look down on her.

Skye was glad to see that the woman was receptive to her forwardness and happily followed her towards the Leaky Cauldron. Skye took the girl inside and they headed straight for the bar. "Why would it be the other way around? I'm buying a pretty girl a drink, isn't that the old cliché?" She asked grinning devilishly at her. "Two of the strongest liqueur you have," Skye said turning to the barman. Taking the two glasses she handed one Elowen and kept one for herself. "Lets see where the evening takes us shall we?" She asked and threw back whatever it was the bartender had decided to serve them. It burned a little in the back of her throat but it was a rather pleasant sensation. She watched Elowen to see if she would do the same, of if she was going to change her mind about the drink after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back