Family time together

Ryan Porter

OOC First Name
Laura
Wand
better than yours
It had been an eventful week for Ryan. He had been one two different job with two different people, and not to mention he had had a Quidditch match as well which had been quite fun as they had won the match and afterwards he had been surrounded by a lot of female fans. He always liked playing Quidditch and the recognition he had gained from his position and game play was really quite something. He father had used to tell him to make his name known to meant, well it certainly was now. Still today was his day off and he felt so relieved for it, he just needed a lazy day to relax and just get his energy back.

He was in his New Zealand home today as that was where his family was. Noemi, Shane and Melanie were all living under the same roof which meant he had to stay in this house more times than not although he did take the night off every now and then to go else where but he did not make a habit of it, after all he was a father of two now and had responsibilities to the two of them and not to mention he never liked to be too far away from Noemi, that would give an opportunity for another guy to have her, which he would not allow. He would kill the guy before he let them be with her. Taking a sip of his favourite whiskey Ryan looked down at his son who was sleeping soundly in his arm. Ryan loved it best when he was asleep, it was less stressful as he didn't cry but he did enjoy playing with him as well. Taking aside the absent nights with work and his short temper towards most things he liked to think he was a good dad, although it was not exactly the sort of thing one could tell about themselves. He just knew that he loved both of his kids and would do anything for them.

Noemi winced as she stretched for a glass and sighed, using magic to get it instead. Her stitches were better now, a hell of a lot better, she could actually move now, but it still hurt to stretch. She filled the glass with tea and went back to the living room. She leant on the door frame and smiled at the sight before her. Her son and his father sat together.

Of course, Noemi loved her son to pieces, but the moments when Ryan had him and he was sleeping were bliss. She got to rest and have a moment to herself. She spoke up from the doorway before he spotted her. "You're a really good dad you know?" She had gotten used to living in his house and had bonded with Melanie, Ryans' adoptive daughter. She loved Ryan to pieces and Noemi could see why when she saw him with Shane.

Ryan's gaze turned away from his sleeping son to his beautiful love interest, not quite a couple yet as they had not actually made any announcement on the subject but they did live together, have a son together, confided in each other and were intimate together. He did see himself as taken although he did sleep around now and then as they were not actually together so he didn't have the cheating ting to weigh him down. Avalon had been his last 'girl friend' after his death eater superior had told her about his past and she had left him. It did not bother him the slightest, she was just there to keep his bed warm and to look pretty on his arm. He had no feelings for her at all, they all belonged to his family.

A real genuine smile spreading across his face at Noemi's words. He did try and be a good father, he gave Mel anything that she wanted and Shane would have a cozy up bringing as well, being taught all the important things in life like dark arts and the ways of the death eaters. He would be just like Ryan in every way. "Thanks. I do try but Im nothing compared to his mother." He said giving her a complement on her parenting skills. He would have complemented her more but he did not want to make his feelings for her too obvious, in case she did not share them. "How are you feeling?" He asked her concerned. He knew that since the pregnancy she had been in a bit of pain but he liked to check if things were getting better with her

Noemi smiled and made her way into the room and laid across the sofa. She didn't feel comfortable sitting any more, it irritated her stomach. She pushed his shoulder lightly, it was more of a stroke, and giggled softly. "I'm better. Still hurts when I stretch but the doctor said that was normal."

Noemi smiled and remembered how he was when she had to have surgery. He was so scared for her, she could see that. The people around just saw him as a violent and aggressive man but she saw him for what he was and loved him for it. Since then they had been an amazingly close family unit. He slept around, it was fine as they weren't actually in a relationship, but they never came near Shane or Melanie or, even, herself.

Noemi was perfectly fine with Ryans' sluts as long as they didn't enter her bubble of family niceness as she called it. Of course she loved Ryan but they weren't actually in a real relationship so she didn't mind if he strayed. The important thing was that he came back to their family every time.

Placing down his glass on the floor Ryan rested his hand on hers as it made contact with his shoulder. It was so strange for him to be this affectionate and laid back around people when he was always so volatile and heartless around anyone else. It was like he was a different person, death eater around others, loving dad around the family, like split personalities. He had never been like this until Noemi had told him that she was pregnant, since that moment it was like someone had opened up a new side to him, a side only known to Noemi, Mel and Shane. He had always wanted a family and now he had a complete one right here in this very house.

Releasing her hand he said. "You know i could easily make a potion to make all of it go away. It would only take a few hours to be ready to drink." He suggested. He did not mind the extra effort, he would do anything to make her feel better and seeing as he had mastered potions it would be no trouble on his part. In fact he would most probably enjoy it, after all anything to show his magical advances he would enjoy, hence why he had trained to become an Animagai

Noemi instinctively put her hand to his hair and began messing with it. Playing with peoples hair calmed her. She shook her head and smiled. "I can deal with a little uncomfortableness." She had decided she was going to get through her first pregnancy with no magical assistance. The next one, if there is one, will be as magically assisted as possible.

"You haven't been home in a while." Noemi said it simply, there was no undertone of malice or suspicion, just curiosity. She liked to know if he was with a girl, she didn't mind, didn't even care who she was, but she liked knowing so there was no mistrust. It was odd but it worked for her.

Ryan felt himself relax as Noemi began to mess with his hair. She was the only person he would let willingly do such a thing, She knew him for him in his good stages and his bad. He would like to say that there were no secret but there were many, on his half for certain. It was a bit of an understatement when she could deal with a little pain. He knew going through a pregnancy was more that a little uncomfortable. Of course he would not know first hand but he had been told about it by a few girls here ans there.

When she stated that he had not been home in a while Ryan nodded. "I know. Iv had a lot of work on. What with the Quidditch matches and other jobs here and there." He said to her. He wondered if she though he had been sleeping around, he had only slept with one girl since Shane had been born, since he and Avalon had split. He was not really looking for that sort of thing right now, more concerned about his family's needs than anything else.

Noemi nodded, sort of glad he hadn't been with a woman. Maybe she lied, it sort of bothered her since she had had Shane. She didn't like the thought that he would abandon his son and, for some reason, she trusted him to stay faithful to the family, if only for the baby. "Mel should be back soon." It seemed that, since she had arrived with Shane, Melanie had gotten closer to them.

When Noemi had first met Melanie she didn't see her as a person who liked children but the girl was amazing with Shane. They got along very well and Mel seemed to respect her, almost like a mother figure, when Ryan wasn't home. She hoped he would be back more, if only so he could join in with the family atmosphere in the house.

With a nod Ryan acknowledged what Noemi told him. He and Mel were pretty close, she was after all his first adopted daughter and she was spoiled all the time, having anything which she wanted. "I see. I was thinking of going out tonight with everyone, maybe go for a family meal or something. I know Shane is young but im sure a friend will have him for a few hours while we go out." He said wondering what Noemi would think of them going out for a meal with out Shane. He wouldn't let anyone have him. Ryan would pick the person so it was safe.

"Where did she go?" He asked meaning where did Melanie go to. He had been asleep for a little longer this morning and she had been out when he had awoke so he did not know where she had gone, as long as it was nowhere stupid he was fine with it but he did not want her going somewhere that she could get hurt or worse. That would mean extra effort and time for him to track down the person who harmed her and deal with them. Not to mention he didnt want her embarrassing herself and his family

Noemi shrugged and shook her head. "I think I can manage going out but there is no way I am trusting a single soul to look after Shane. No chance in hell." She wouldn't budge on that front. Ryan could make her change her mind on most things but when the possible safety of her baby was involved there was no middle ground. Shane would not be put in any danger, even just potential danger.

Noemi smiled, well, it was more of a smirk really, and tried her best to look innocent. She failed quite badly. "She offered to go and get me some chocolate." She couldn't help but let the guilt cross her face with a smile. Noemi had worked her special brand of magic and managed to persuade Melanie to go and get her some chocolate. She had said she was bored, Noemi was just giving the young girl something to do.

Ryan shrugged as she spoke. "Ok then. I just thought your mu and family may like to have him for a bit thats all." He said taking a sip of his drink and placing it down again, careful not to wake Shane in the process. It was strange, Ryan had not actually met her family, nor had any intentions too but he was surprised about the fact all the same. He had Noemi living with him and was the father of her child and yet no meeting. He wouldn't complain though, most chances would be him making an instant enemy of them all and that was not the top priority on his list right now, nor shall it ever be.

Pursing his lips Ryan raised an eye brow at her comment. "She is out getting you chocolate? Even though there is like a load in the fridge." He said slowly and in a slightly confused manor. "Ok weirdy mc weirdoson." He said rolling his eye and slightly shaking his head. The workings of Noemi's mind never ceased to amazing and confuse him.

Melanie walked back intot he house and, hearing voices, went towards the living room. She smiled when she saw Ryan on the floor with baby Shane and Noemi on the sofa next to them.

Ryan hadn't been home in a while and it was nice to see the family scene. It was even nicer that she felt a part of it and not an outcast like she had with her actual family before she was adopted by Ryan.

Melanie laughed at the question. "It seems none of them were good enough. Neem wanted cheap stuff, not the nice, posh, rich stuff we already have." She smiled, using the nickname she had aquired for Noemi, and crossed the room, sitting by the womans fet on the sofa. "Here you go." Melanie handed the shopping bag full of cheap chocolate over to the older woman.

As Ryan finished his sentence he heard Melanie's voice in the house as the door closed. He turned his head to look at her and smiled at his adopted daughter. "I see. Expensive stuff isn't good enough but cheap is. I never thought i would hear that said to me." He said looking over to Noemi. "You are strange at times but thats why I like you." He said with a wink as he had to make sure he did not say the other L word that was on the edge of his tongue. He had only said that word to one girl and that had been Caysi and that had been false love, it had been she has a lot of money and a nice body love.

"Nice to see you too Melanie." He said noticing no real greeting. He didn't care too much but he wanted her to greet him properly, just out of respect was all. "How have you been since we last spoke? Sorry i haven't been around much, been buy working and doing things." He said not going in to detail like he had not done with Noemi. If he went in to detail that would mean giving away that he was a death eater and he was not sure that Noemi would like that very much and would leave him.

Noemi smiled and took the chocolate, immediately biting a chunk off. "The cheap stuff is sweeter and the expensive stuff is richer. I was in a sweet mood. Thanks Mel." She smiled at Mel and took another bit of the chocolate bar.

Noemi rolled her eyes at Ryan's comment and gave him a light tap on the shoulder. Melanie was growing up to be a nice girl and she did respect him, whether she showed it the way he wanted her too or not.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the lame reply

Melanie laughed and flopped to the floor in front of Ryan. "Hello Ryan darling it is simply amazing to see you after all this time." She grinned and rolled over so she was on her back next to Ryan. "I've been good, been hanging out with Neems here." She smiled up at the woman eating chocolate and smiled, she never felt safer than she did within her family. "Oh, I got back in touch with Jerrod. The boy from school."

Melanie thought for a second before speaking again. "What kind of work? You do so much. It's hard to keep track." She smiled at him. Ryan did so much, more than she knew, and it was hard to tell what job he had been doing while he was away. She was aware Noemi didn't know he was a death eater and she didn't see why. Even Melanie could tell that the woman loved Ryan so much, and that Ran loved her too. Noemi wouldn't mind.

Ryan looked at Melanie and raised an eye brow at her. "That's more like it." He said watching her roll over on to her back by his side as she began to tell him about how she had been spending time with Nom and how she had gotten back in touch with this Jerrod boy so say from her school. "Oh. Whats he liked and what house is he in?" He asked her. He didn't care much who she interacted with, well as long as they were not mud blood but he just liked her happy.

As she asked him about his work Ryan shrugged his shoulders. "Work which only concerns me." He said brushing it aside in a tone which meant not to bring it up again. He wanted to keep his death eater occupation a secret from the family right now. He did want to tell them but he would choose when and how he told them. "I have a Quidditch match coming up soon, against the Ballycastle Bats. I have a few free tickets if you all want to go and watch." He said with a grin as he changed the topic.

Noemi smiled at the mention of Jerrod, Melanie had already told her so much about him. He sounded like a nice boy, well, quite the opposite actually but for Melanie he seemed a good influence for the person Ryan wanted her to become. Noemi was shocked about how much she didn't mind this. She had only realised how she was changing after finding herself laughing at one of Melanie's stories of beating people up.

Noemi found herself more and more comfortable within the world of violence, prejudice and pleasure in pain. As long as Ryan was by her side, she felt she could stay in this world. She knew Shane would grow up in this atmosphere, she might as well get acquainted with it. She didn't miss the tone Ryan used to dismiss his work. He should know by now, that only made her more curious, but she brushed it off so they could talk later.

Noemi, instead, focused on the tickets offer. "I think that's a great idea. Shane can watch his Daddy at work." She grinned and looked down at her son, sleeping soundly. She worried slightly that they might wake him up with their talking but, as long as they were calm, it shouldn't be a worry.

Melanie smiled as Ryan took interest in who she was talking too. "Don't worry, he's a Slytherin. He's cool, currently corrupting the Gryffy's." She smiled at the thought. No matter what Jerrod had said, she didn't believe for a second that she wasn't a good girl originally. She knew he was influencing her to be bad.

Melanie rolled her eyes discreetly at the topic change. Of course, they wouldn't talk about what he didn't want to discuss. That was really the only thing that annoyed her about Ryan, he was always in control. The alpha male of the house and all that. "Yeah, that sounds cool." She grinned, determined not to make a scene by mentioning it, just so they wouldn't wake up Shane. He was grumpy when he woke up.

Melanie let out a huge yawn only to laugh after wards. "Pardon me." She smiled before sitting up. "I think I'm going to get some sleep." She stood up before looking at them. The two adults had been getting on so well recently but they had had no time to themselves. Not with Shane being there, an idea occurred to her. "How abouts I take Shane up with me? I'll move his cot into my room, give you two a night to yourselves?" She didn't know if Ryan would agree but Noemi had already trusted her with him before so she knew she could handle it.

Ryan nodded at Melanie as she told him briefly about the boy she had gotten back in touch with. If he was a Slytherin then at least that was something. "Il just have to take your word on that one." He said quietly as Melanie moved to sit up. He thought for a second about her taking Shane in to her room. They were close together so if he started crying Ryan could see to him and an empty room meant that he could have a shot at being with Noemi for the first time in a while. Although Shane would have nothing to do with him getting or not getting with Noemi. He was after all only a few months old and would have no memory of it the next day. "Alright but just be careful ok." He said handing over his son and then finishing off his drink which had been left since Melanie had come in to the room. It had been a while since he had had an alcoholic drink, he usually stuck with butterbeer so he didn't come home smelling like alcohol. He certainly never came home drunk, he had only ever been drunk once in his life and he was not going to do it again. "Lets hope I win in that case." He said surely. He didn't doubt his own Quidditch skills, it was hiss team mate which he doubted most.

Noemi smiled as Melanie took Shane upstairs. She turned back to Ryan, now that the kids weren't there she could ask him about the work he was avoiding talking about. "So, what work have you been doing then?" She was going to get an answer out of him if it was the last thing she did. The woman had a talent for blowing things out of proportion after all.

Ryan sat up properly now that he did not have a teenager lying on him. He thought it strange that Noemis comment didn't surprise him. In fact he had half expected her to poke her nose where he didn't want it. Wouldn't change his answer though. "When i said that it was work which did not concern anyone that included you. It put money in my bank and food on the table, thats all you need to know." He said standing up not want to continue with this conversation any longer. He had only ever told one person about his other occupation and he wanted to keep it that way, he was doing fine with Noemi without her knowing this bit of information.. Then again she did not know much of the information about him, which he liked

Noemi Stood up as he did, ignoring the pain in her sides that was still there. She had, stupidly, thought that they were past the secrets and stupidity now they had a son together and she was living with him. She was blatantly wrong. She said nothing before leaving the room and going to the kitchen. She would've gone up to her, their, room but she still needed some help getting up the stairs.

Noemi sat down with a chocolate cupcake and sighed. She needed to stay sat down but she couldn't sit in there. She really hoped he wouldn't follow her in here but she knew better. She didn't believe for a second that Ryan would let her walk out like that without demanding to know why. In his eyes he probably hadn't done anything wrong.

Ryans eyes watched his on off girl friend as she left the room. He knew she was probably not in a good mood with him now because he had chosen not to tell her something but it was his business after all, nothing to do with her. What he did in his own time away from his many homes was his business and no one elses. Why did she need to know, how would it effect her at all. With a frown the death eater followed her shortly after, picking up his empty glass and placing it back down on the side in the kitchen to be washed later. "Why have you got your dam knickers in a twist now. Not every aspect of my life is yours to know. Do i ask about your life, no because its not my business. I would expect the same courtesy from you." He said in a quiet voice, not wanting Melanie to over hear them and then question them in the morning. Again another thing which he did not want to involve another person in.

Noemi looked up at him, no emotion in her eyes. She had learnt to hide her feelings from him. She had watched him do it and, with time, had mastered it herself. It was a useful skill. Of course, she was offended by his words, but she didn't reply or show it. She just returned to her cupcake.

Noemi ignored the slight pain in her side for a while, telling her she shouldn't have moved so quickly, until it became annoying. The woman stood up, scraping her chair on the kitchen floor and creating a horrible sound. She walked over to the counter, the one Ryan was near, and picked up her wand. She twirled it in her hand as she tried to remember the spell her healer had suggested for pain, not realising that her standing near him and twirling her wand could be taken in a different manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back