Family Ties

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
Feeling Nataliia's hand on his shoulder, he apparated from his work. He appeared in front of his house, and magically unlocked the door. He walked inside, and left the door open for the ladies. Chavdar bid them inside, and smiled, before walking upstairs. He called, "You two get to know each other a bit more. I should go shower. I'll be back in a few moments." Without another word, he got some fresh clothing, and went into his elegant bathrom and showered.

When Chavdar and Nataliia apparated from the ministry she sighed gently and apparated to his house as well. She smiled shyly at Chav when he held the door open for the two of them. She nodded her head at Chavdar's words then looked over at Nataliia and began awkwardly, "So.. " She bit her lip and led her over to Chavdar's sitting room and then sat down on a couch comfortably before saying, "Please sit." She knew that this would probably be awkward at first until one of them started the conversation and Rosaline really didn't know how to start one with her, she wasn't very social so this was sort of difficult.

[sorry if my posts don't make sense.. I've taken crazy amounts of medicine :p]

Nataliia followed her brother inside, and once Rosaline was inside, Nataliia shut the door. She nodded at Chavdar and understood. Nataliia followed Rosaline's lead and sat down on the loveseat. She held her posture upright, and proper. She sighed silently. Gazing over at Rosaline, she cocked her head slightly to the side, "What Wizarding school did you attend?" She didn't remember her from Beauxbatons, but then again, all Nataliia ever did was hang out with purebloods in her Society.

Rosaline shrugged her shoulders as she said, "Durmstrang, and yourself?" She began fiddling with the tips of her hair as she waited for a response, she crossed her legs so she could sit comfortably, she smiled at Nataliia and asked curiously, "Where in Bulgaria are you from?" She was curious how so much time could go by and no one knew about her, it would be even more odd if both Chav and Nataliia had lived in the same city.

Nataliia nodded, and replied curtly, "Beauxbatons. I led the Pureblood Society while I was there." She would hold off on the letter that she had received from Liyla, explaining her heritage. Nataliia murmured her answer, as soon as she remembered the city, "I was born in Karnobat, Bulgaria, and lived there for a few years. Then, my adopted parents suddenly packed up and went to France. Something about some deranged Death Eater after us." She was only a toddler at the time, and never fully understood the whole situation, until now. Although, the identity of that Death Eater still remains a mystery to her.

Rosaline nodded her head to show that she understood Nataliia's words then she bit her lip and asked, "So how are you liking," This hell whole? Rosaline thought as she said, "New Zealand?" She frowned as she thought of what she was going to have to say to Gaspard to lie to him, it would be extremely hard, if this would take as long as she expected.

Nataliia smirked slightly, "Not much. I miss France and Bulgaria. I miss them a lot." Nataliia murmured so Chavdar couldn't hear, since she heard the shower water turn off, "I was actually hoping to go swimming and flirt a bit, but I can't exactly swim in the winter." Nataliia was a subtle flirter, and wouldn't be the obnoxious type hanging all over boys. No, she prefered a little mystery to her.

Chavdar emerged from the shower, and got half dressed in his room. He tied his dripping wet hair back and grabbed a shirt from his closet. He walked down the stairs, and smiled at Rosaline and Nataliia chat away. He called out, refreshed, "Hey there. No cat fight while I was gone, I hope." He then put on his shirt, concealing his muscled body, and hiding his six pack. He went and sat down on the opposite end of the couch, next to Rosaline.

(He has his pants on, and shoes, so :p )

Rosaline smirked inwardly then chuckled at Nataliia's next words and said with a small smirk, "Well I hope you aren't one of those dreadful flirters." She turned her head with an actual smile when she saw Chavdar sit on the couch she was sitting on. It then turned into her natural smirk as she turned her head back to Nataliia then shrugged her shoulders.

Nataliia shook her head and managed to answer before Chavdar entered, "Oh, goodness no. When I do, it is hardly noticeable." She had seen her brother without a shirt, and shook her head. You would think he would have had enough decency to come down, fully clothed instead of just pants and shoes. Nataliia smiled a little at her brother, "Well, none. Rosaline and I get along, actually." Nataliia seemed a little surprised at this.

Chavdar chuckled, "Well, that's good to hear." Stating about how her and Rosaline get along. It did not surprise him. Both seemed to act similar. Chavdar leaned forward, his face rather serious, "Now, tell me why exactly haven't we crossed sooner in the past. Everything you know." Chavdar grinned slightly, "And in return, I'll answer anything you ask." Except for the Rosaline and I seeing each other part. Chavdar smirked a bit at that, but his expression remained blank, yet, stern.

Rosaline nodded her head as if approving of Nataliia, then looked over at Chavdar and raised her eye brows when he said, 'anything' she hoped that that didn't mean anything about the two of them. She had told Nataliia that they were only good friends, she just hoped that Nataliia couldn't read faces too well, her eyes usually showed anything she was feeling or thinking, she had worked on hiding it a little but it still showed quite clearly. She relaxed her face then looked over at Nataliia with a small smile.

Nataliia sighed, as she began to speak of how she came into this world, "I was raised by a muggle family, the Grangers. I lived in Karnobat, Bulgaria for a few years, before fleeing to France because of some crazed Death Eater after us. I was small and ignorant at the time, and knew no better. I never knew I was a witch until I was accepted into Beauxbatons.

"I found out I was adopted then. Mom, our mom, had wrote a letter to me, explaining who and what I was. Only, she never mentioned my last name. My name then was Nataliia Granger. I went to Beauxbatons, invented the Pureblood Society, and ruled the school, naturally. I did not like half-breeds or muggle-borns, and still don't. I have never known a muggle other than my parents, and quite frankly, I don't want to know any.

"After graduation, I changed my last name, to be rid of any muggle heritage. I began to travel, and also searching for mother and father. I have but one photo of them. I came here, for the beaches." Nataliia gazed to Rosaline, before continuing, "I met Rosaline, and discovered my family's last name, and our parents' names. However, she warned me about dad."

Nataliia had finished and inquired, "I'm done with my part. Now, I want to know why my dad is bad, like Rosaline says. And...I want to know where those scars come from." Nataliia pointed at Chavdar's neck, and a small one on his head.

Chavdar had his hand on his chin, taking in everything she said. No wonder he had never met her. They attending different schools. Chavdar sighed, as he went to explain what she wanted to know, "You know the Death Eater after you in your past? More than likely, dad was that very one." He paused. "Dad is a Death Eater, and a powerful one at that. He is from the original, and knew Voldemort in person. Anything he has cooking up, is more than likely evil and just horrible. He has killed a lot of aurors, and even traitors in the Death Eater thing."

Chavdar pointed at his scars, "These were from dad as well. All I did was smart off a bit, and nearly bled to death on my couch. Thanks to Rosaline, I might not be alive right now." He gave a smile to Rosaline. "Asparuh isn't the kind to get close to anyone. I adopted a girl, Hadan, and well, he has 'plans' for her. I will step in, if they are bad." Chavdar finished. "Anything else?"

Rosaline shuddered at the thought of Chavdar dying like Vaschel did but gave Chav a small smile and then looked over at Nataliia sheepishly, wondering if she should just stay silent, it would probably be easiest for her and them so she decided she would just take everything in instead of saying anything. Rosaline began fiddling with the wedding ring that she used as a pendant on her necklace as she tried to think of a lie to tell Gaspard but was still listening to both of them.

Nataliia listened to Chavdar, and her mouth dropped open for a split second, before assuming her original state. Biting her lip, she could not imagine Asparuh doing such a thing, to his own son! Then again, she had lived a happy life, no death, no hurt, nothing. Just a loving and caring life. Nataliia dared to ask, her voice not quite so smooth, "And what of mom?" She murmured in her mind, Please, let her be alive. Please... Nataliia wanted to thank the woman.

Chavdar smiled a bit, when he saw Rosaline shudder. Chavdar heard her next question and put his hands in his lap. He stared at them for a moment, before answering, "She is dead. She has been dead since 2007. Mom was killed by dad, in front of me." Chavdar noticed the expression on her face after he revealed everything. She must not be used to this type of violence. Hell, she was raised by muggles, so what could you expect? Chavdar forced a weak smile, "I assume you aren't used to this type of violence. It runs in the family. The males usually kill each other off, for power over the family. If the males were weak, then their wives would take them out." Chavdar shrugged, guessing that would be the best explanation for Asparuh's and Chavdar's relationship.

Rosaline looked over at Chavdar when he said that his mother was killed in front of him, she wanted to wrap her arms around him at that moment to make things better for him but she wasn't sure if that was the smartest idea, never mind the fact that it would just end up making the both of them uncomfortable. Rosaline sighed silently at Chavdar's next words wondering what Nataliia would say next, she knew that if she was in her position this would all be a lot more complicated then they made it seem.

Nataliia took it all in. Without a word, she walked over to the family tree upon the wall. Pulled out her wand and tapped the man labeled as Shanaos Zhefarovich, and read his history. She began to do this to the random males, seeing that the majority were killed by a sibling, or someone in the family. She finally tapped her mother, and read her history. After tapping it again, she saw the death date. It was true. Nataliia weakly smiled, feeling relieved that she never knew Liyla. Ever.

Nataliia sat back down and stared absentmindedly at Chavdar and Rosaline. This was going over her head. This wasn't the family she wanted. But...she was actually glad that she actually met some. Nataliia wasn't used to the whole violence, but she wasn't here to witness it. Hearing about it was much different than seeing it first hand.

Nataliia murmured, "I'm sorry you had to witness that, Chavdar. But, actually being in a violent family which I never met, I wouldn't be freaking out, if you see it from my end. Hopefully, I won't have to experience any deaths." Nataliia glanced over at Rosaline, and asked a strange, random question, "Do you know any places here where you can go shopping for hiking gear and fashionable clothes?"

Rosaline raised her eye brows as she saw Nataliia looking over Chavdar's family tree then relaxed them slightly and said awkwardly, "Erm not really, I usually go to London or Ireland for my clothes." She smiled weakly at Nataliia and said, "Sorry, but they might have some nice stores in Wellington or Auckland." She shrugged her shoulders slightly, she really didn't know the area at all.

Chavdar's eyebrows raised at the sudden change of subject. From death and violence to shopping? Chavdar assumed that it was just a woman thing. Chavdar shrugged, and shook his head. He glanced at Rosaline, and then back to Nataliia. They both dressed in what he pressumed was fashionable. Chavdar sighed, and smiled a bit at his sister, "Um, well, you can always go shopping where you usually do..." He had no idea where that was.

Nataliia nodded, taking in both of their comments. "I guess I can continue shopping in France and Bulgaria. I would have preferred sticking around here, but well, I know this mall that is huge, and has the best of the best designer clothes." Nataliia cut herself off. She was one of those who had expensive tastes. "Well, I just want to go hiking in the mountains around here one day." Nataliia's eyes lit up with excitement at the sound of hiking.

She looked over at Chavdar and gave him a curious look as if she was asking about the complete change of subject then turned to Nataliia forgetting to change her expression as she said, "Oh hiking, how nice." Rosaline couldn't help but think that there was something not completely right with this girl, she shrugged it off though and smiled nicely at her.

Chavdar noticed that Nataliia wasn't taking anything to her heart. She should have at least changed her expression. Chavdar did not know what to think of Nataliia. She had that calm and collected attitude of a Zhefarovich, along with the ice in the voice. Nataliia did not go through the things that he did, or most of the other family members. She had more of a warm aura, similar to Jaken. Maybe it came from mom. thought Chavdar. Nataliia peaked his curiosity. Chavdar narrowed his eyes in amusement at Nataliia and murmured, "You are taking this in a bit too well."

Nataliia gave a smile, although not a real one, to Rosaline, when she said how nice. Nataliia stared back to her brother. Nataliia cocked her eyebrow up as he murmured. True, her expression outside was just blank, cold, and often expressionless. Her eyes barely revealed emotions as well. However, inside, she was trying to process the whole mother-is-dead ordeal and that she wound up meeting her brother. What Nataliia did was bottle up emotions. When she found herself in a predicament, she usually goes hiking, and releasing her troubles in dancing and martial arts. Nataliia shrugged, "Look, I'm not taking it well. I may seem like it, but I'm not."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back