Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
[open after Steven posts with Piper]

One of the few people Isaiah had actually paid attention to during sorting was his cousin. Well, the one that needed to be sorted like he had, not the ones that had already been at the school for a couple of years. With his name starting with an 'I' and hers with a 'P' he had quickly made his way to the gryffindor table during the ceremony and had been sat down just in time to se her get sorted into hufflepuff. Lame. He had secretly been looking forward to them being sorted into the same house, so being in different ones was a bit of a let down. He wasn't going to let that get between them though and so at breakfast the next day has made his way over to the hufflepuff table rather than joining some of his dormmates at the gryffindor table. Isaiah had little difficulty spotting his cousin as he looked across the table and exitedly made her way over to her. "Yo Pipes! P!" He almost shouted as he waved at her from halfway down the table and made his way over to where she was sitting. There were students on each side of her, but he didn't really care. "Dude, scoot over." He nodded at one of them, one of his legs already swung over the bench between Piper and the other student as he wiggled his way inbetween them so he could take the spot next to his cousin. "How you goin'? How's the girls in your dorm? Did you see your sister yet?" He asked her enthusiastically, talking so fast that there didn't seem to be almost no pauses inbetween the words.

While Piper was genuinely very happy to have been sorted into one of the nicest houses, according to one of her dormmates, she had kind of hoped to be placed with either her sister or her other cousin Isaiah. She would have liked to be sorted with somebody that she knew already, it'd be a bit less awkward. Piper had been downing her pumpkin juice in one go when she heard an all-too-familiar voice and glanced up only to see her cousin approaching her, waving back. She chuckled at the way Isaiah was trying to wiggle his way in between them and wrapped her arms around the boy excitedly once he seated himself. ''I'm great and so are my dormmates!'' She told him happily. She was lucky with her dormmates; her sister had once told her about her dormmates and the drama that came with them. She shook her head at Isaiah's last question. ''I tried looking for Paige at the Slytherin table earlier but she's not here yet. I think she said something along the lines of not having to go to classes for another hour or so.'' Paige had promised her a tour of the castle, which she wouldn't mind having now. Classes would start soon and while some older students had been kind enough to show are around a little, she really wanted to see the whole thing. ''I guess she's in bed still. Aaaaaaanyway, how you goin'? Happy you're with Chloë?'' Piper asked, munching on a piece of toast and offering him one too.

Isaiah chuckled when Piper hugged him and seemed to be as enthusiastic about things as he was. She was his cousin but also definitely one of the best friends he had so far so just like he was with his siblings he was a little protective when it came to the girl, which is why he'd want to make sure she was happy with where she had been placed. "Cool." He smiled when she answered his question and things seemed to be going great. That's pretty much all he needed to know. Isaiah was slightly surprised to hear Piper hadn't seen her sister around yet, knowing for sure the first thing he'd do when his siblings would get to the school was to seek them out and see how they were doing. "Laaaame. Wasn't she going to show you around or something?" Isaiah asked. If Paige wasn't going to he would make sure to drag Piper along to the Gryffindor table so they could have Chloë give them a tour. He had already been exploring a little bit himself but the castle was ginormous and even if he didn't care much for lessons he still didn't want miss all of them in their first week. That'd totally be a bad first impression. "Dude I'm great!" He enthusiastically answered when Piper turned the question to him. "The guys in my dorm are way cool so I'm set." Isaiah smiled before taking the toast from her and taking a huge bite, only realizing how hungry he was when he did. "Pretty much, yeah." He continued answering her question between taking bites of the toast, almost choking on it because he wanted to keep talking before he had fully swallowed his bite. "It's good to have someone who can help me out should I need it." He continued with another small cough. "Plus she's on the quidditch team which is totally going to help my rep." Isaiah laughed, knowing fully well he'd use every opportunity he had to tell others she was his cousin. He'd obviously do the same with Paige as well if she'd get on the team again this year because two cousins playing quidditch was even better than one, but Chloë was on his own house team so he reckoned that'd still be a bit different.

Piper shrugged. She didn't mind that her sister was doing other things first before taking the time to show her around the castle. It was a big school and surely there was a lot that Paige wanted to show her, why else would she not already be here? She had promised Piper that she would give her a tour after all. "I'm sure she will some time this week, she promised." Her smile widened at his reaction. It was nice to see Isaiah again after spending most of the break with her parents up in the North Island, so to hear that everything 'great' and 'cool' on his end was good to hear. Piper wasn't that big a fan of quidditch but with their cousin on the Gryffindor team and her sister about to try-out for her house's team, she was sure that she would at least watch the matches they'd be a part of. ''Are you going to try-out for the Gryffindor team this year?'' she asked, knowing that sometimes exceptions were made for first-years to be allowed to try and secure a spot. What he said about their cousin and his reputation made her stop to wonder for a moment if them being their cousins was going to work in their favour. From what she had heard from her mom and aunt, or overheard to be truthful, Paige didn't exactly have the best reputation, which for some reason did not surprise her at all. Thankfully Chloë was cool beans. ''Oh, do you think they'll both want to hang out with us now that we're here, or will they be too busy for us?'' she asked, hoping that it would not be the latter because a little family reunion would be awesome.

Last edited:
Isaiah nodded at Piper's response. Maybe it hadn't been cool of him to call his own cousin lame but he couldn't help it. He was a blabber mouth, he blabbered and most of the time his mouth had already formulated the words before his brain could even process them. It just was like that sometimes. "Did she pinky-promise though?" He asked his cousin, jokingly raising an eyebrow. That was a thing girls did right, pinky promise? He never understood why they'd want to risk their pinky in any sort of promise but then again there was a whole lot he didn't understand about girls in general. Weird creatures. His cousins were some of the coolest ones he knew though, that much was for sure. Not that he knew a lot of girls but that wasn't even the point anyways. "Nah, they're pretty much packed. Not even sure if I'd try out next year." Isaiah shrugged at Piper's question. He enjoyed quidditch, liked the sport a lot, but Chloë had already told him almost all of the spots on the team were filled and since he was a first year he wouldn't be able to try out anyways. "Duh, they have to!" He laughed, nudging Piper with his shoulder as he did. Even if his older cousins didn't want to hang out with them they were family so he was sure he'd get them to anyways. And if not he'd just annoy them untill they would. "Plus who wouldn't want to hang out with us Pipe? We're fun dude!"

Now that it was brought up, Piper actually could not remember whether or not her sister had pinky-promised to show her around once they were at Hogwarts. They hadn't done any lately that she could remember, as Paige wanted to be left alone whenever she wasn't helping their dad out with work. Surely Paige would though, they were still sisters after all and someone had to show her around eventually. She nodded at his answer and hoped that perhaps they could both watch Chloë, and Paige if she'd make the team, play Quidditch this year. She smiled at Isaiah and nudged him back playfully, happy to hear that he too thought that they should hang out with them. While she would be perfectly fine with it just being the two of them having these get-togethers, it would be so much more fun of all of them would be there instead. They could play games or talk about school or even Quidditch if they wanted to. ''So what is the first thing that you are going to do after classes? I was thinking of going to the lake and see what the hassle is all about, there should be a giant squid according to an older boy in my house. Want to check it out together?'' Piper asked.

Talking to his cousin made Isaiah realize how happy he would've been had they ended up in the same house. He was still happy now, he just knew it would take a bit more effort for him to hang out with her. He was totally willing to put in that effort though, his thoughts already spinning trying to come up with ways he could sneak her into their common room. If that didn't work he'd have no trouble wiggling in between students at the hufflepuff table as long as he could without being send away. "Aw man, why'd you have to mention class?" Isaiah jokingly let out a sigh. There were plenty of things he was excited for at school but class certainly wasn't one of them. Even if that was like 99.78% of why they were even at this school but who cared about silly numbers anyways. Not him. His eyes grew wide at the mention of a giant squid though. He had heard vague whispers about things living in the lake but none of them had been clear on what kind of things were actually in their. A giant squid sounded exciting though. "For sure!" He nodded enthusiastically when Piper asked him if he wanted to check it out together. "I don't know what else though, I just want to see everything, make heaps of friends, play my guitar every now and then." Isaiah shrugged as he continued. He just wanted it all so who knew what other kind of activities he'd come up with wanting to do after class. "Hang out with you obviously." He added with a laugh, although he felt like that was something he didn't need to clarify.

Piper laughed at Isaiah's remark. ''Oh come on, I'm sure classes won't be that bad, Paige said that they were rather fun in her first year at school.'' She hoped that was true, it'd be quite disappointing to find out that classes weren't at all like she had imagined them to be like. But then again, her parents had also said that classes could get rather fun and they also went to Hogwarts New Zealand, so surely Isaiah had nothing to worry about. She smiled when he agreed to go to the lake with her, glad that he wanted to because she didn't really want to go there alone if there was indeed a giant squid living in the lake. ''You had better hang out with me after classes,'' she said, nudging Isaiah with her shoulder. ''I'd probably get bored really quickly without you around,'' It still made her wish that the hat had sorted them into the same house, it would've made things so much easier.

Isaiah frowned and shook his head when Piper mentioned class again, even saying they could be fun according to her sister. "Y'know Pipes when you say stuff like that it makes me question how we're even related." He responded, trying to sound serious but quickly giving in and laughing at his own dumb joke. He knew they weren't related, not by blood at least, didn't share the same genes, DNA or anything like that. That didn't mean they weren't family though, because they were and he wouldn't wish for any other family than the one he had. It did make it funny, to him, to make remarks like the one he just had. In general class possible fun was hard for Zay to imagine, even if he hadn't set foot into a classroom at the school yet and had zero knowledge to base his opinion on. "Well yeah, obviously!" He responded matter-of-factly, almost insulted by the fact that she even had to mention it. "And again: obviously!" Zay laughed when she mentioned being bored without him. He was pretty fun to be around after all. "I mean I'm not sure you'd even survive without me and my fun personality." He added jokingly, even if in all honesty he was stoked he got to hang out with Piper a whole lot more now they were at school together. They'd always gotten along and in his mind she was the best friend he had so far, so there was no chance he'd not be hanging out with her as much as he could.

Piper tilted her head sideways at what Isaiah said, shaking her head with a laugh. She knew that they weren't real family but that didn't mean that she loved him any less. In her eyes they were family and that would always stay that way, no matter what happened. She giggled at his response, though still found it a relief to hear that he wasn't just going to ignore her now that both of them were at school. Paige had kind of ignored her during the breaks, always giving her the excuse that she was busy with school and whatnot, which Piper had started to question as no one would always be busy doing school stuff. Unless the teachers at Hogwarts really gave out that much homework, in which case she owned her sister an apology for not believing Paige every time she gave her that excuse as a way to avoid hanging out with one another. ''Dude, while my dormmates are fun, you know no one can compare to you,'' she replied, grinning. ''Anyway, what are you up to today? Want to look for Chloë and Paige later today?''

Isaiah was pretty sure he'd never pass up on any change to hang out with Piper, or anyone else of his friends for that matter, not even because he had work to do. Mainly because he knew he wasn't going to do the work untill the very last minute anyways, which meant the'd have plenty of free time on his hands. Time he'd happily spend hanging out and doing dumb things with his cousin. "Maybe not tell them that." Zay laughed at Piper's remark about him. "Although I wouldn't you telling other people how cool I am." He added with a grin. If his cousin telling her roommates how cool he was would help him end up with a couple more friends he definitely wouldn't be against that. Even if it might not be the best thing to tell them she thought he was cooler than them. "Dunno," Isaiah shrugged when she asked him what he had planned for the day. "My only plan so far was to find you which I easily succeeded at." He added. In his mind he figured he'd just convince her to hang out with him for a little while longer after he had found her. That or he'd just go and find some of the other friends he'd made so far. "Yeah, sure!" He nodded when she proposed trying to look for Paige and Chloë later on, more than ready to hang out with or annoy his older cousins. "D'you think they'll be easy to find?"

''Sooo, not tell my dormmates that they can't compare to you, but definitely tell them how cool you are?'' Piper asked, looking questioningly at Isaiah for a moment. ''Got it,'' she added with a laugh. Family was bound to come up at some point in the girls' dormitory, and if it did, she would without a doubt tell her new friends how awesome her cousin was. While they may not have been sorted into the same house, Piper was still really happy that he was here with her and that he hadn't gone to some other wizarding school as one of their other cousins had done. It surely would have been really nice to have all of the cousins at one place, they could all hang out loads and have fun times all the time. She shrugged when Isaiah asked if she thought that finding their cousin and her sister would be easy. ''I mean, from what I've heard Chloë is really popular so we probably only have to ask around for a bit to find out where she's hanging out. Paige is Paige, I wouldn't be surprised if we found her at the Quidditch pitch or somewhere in the dungeons sulking.'' She finished her meal and then stood up, grabbing Isaiah's hand and pulling him up too. ''Let's find them now,'' she said, acting on the impulsive of really wanting to hang out with Isaiah, their cousin and her sister.

Isaiah nodded at Piper's words, grinning at the thought that it might possibly get him to gain some more friends as well. He had already made quite a few so far and if the girls in his cousin's dorm were as cool as she was then he would for sure get along with them. "Good, spread the word." He joked, although he wouldn't actually mind Piper going around telling other people he was cool. Or anyone for that matter. "Right! And if she's in the common room I could just head in and drag her with me." Zay nodded confidently at the thought of at least one of his two cousins being easy to find. He was at least happy with the fact that they both agreed Chloë might be the easiest to find, that probably a little asking around could be enough. Paige on the other hand might prove to be a bit more difficult and he was glad Piper seemed to think the same about her sister as he did. "Aye aye captain!" Isaiah laughed when Piper pulled him up, shooting an apologizing look to the kid next to him who he bumped into as she did. He swung his legs over the bench to get going, now dragging Piper behind him as they left the hall and started their mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back