Open Failure and Resentment

Hugo De Rosier

Cheerful | Confident | Beauxbatons Graduate

Set right after the Beauxbatons vs Ilvermorny match, open after Kris posts with Aramis

Hugo was frustrated. He had lost the match, and so quickly too. And to a newbie. He hated the feeling of losing, of letting the whole team down. He also hated that he couldn't help wonder about what his teammates were probably thinking now. He guessed many of them wished their captain had put Amelie in instead, as she consistently did better in practices. Would that have been better? To let off some steam, Hugo had decided to take a walk outside. He didn't want to be face to face with any of his teammates and see their disappointment. He kicked a rock angrily as he walked, glaring down at the ground.

Aramis had only just managed to shake off the lingering chill from the Ilvermorny match when he spotted Hugo through the far window. He pursed his lips, wondering if he could just pretend he didn't see him and stay inside where it was nice and cozy. With a sigh, Aramis rolled his eyes, grabbing his cloak and going out to catch up to Hugo.

"Didn't get enough cold in the air? Had to get a bit extra out here too?" He asked, making a show of rubbing his hands together in the chill November air before sticking them in his pockets. "You're not brooding about the game, right," he said, directing his question more to the sky as he glanced up at the slate grey clouds overhead, his breath fogging in the air as he spoke.

Hugo looked up and sighed when he saw Aramis had followed him. He kicked the rock again, following it as it rolled away. "Shut up." He muttered. "Like I don't have reason to be upset." He glanced at him. "You have it easy. At least you're not getting the blame for us losing." He said, scowling. He was itching for a fight, and if it had to be with Aramis, so be it. "I bet you blame me, too. Right?" He added, a challenge in his voice.

"Oh get over yourself for a minute," Aramis said clicking his tongue and gently shoving Hugo's head. He'd had a chip on his shoulder about Quidditch all year and it was starting to even get on Aramis' nerves. "It's just a game, I missed blocking goals too and you don't see me in hysterics over it," he said, shaking his head with an exasperated smile. "It's just a game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, world goes on," he said, waving a hand to the school grounds around them before giving Hugo a little shake. Aramis knew Quidditch was more important to Hugo that it was to him, but he still couldn't wrap his head around Hugo tying himself in knots over something that wouldn't even matter in a few years. "Or just stop if you hate it so much," he added with a shrug. Aramis intended to, if the game ever got boring.

Hugo looked up sharply when Aramis said he should get over himself, looking at his friend in disbelief. How could he say that? He scowled, shoving him back. "Hey, shut up!" He said. "You not blocking goals barely matters, like... no one cares about that." He said, frowning as Aramis went on about how it was just a game. He didn't get it. "Yeah, you don't care about it. You don't care about anything." He snapped. "You just like hanging around, looking cool, but never actually giving a crap about anything." He said, scowling at him when he gave him a shake. He scowled. "Shut up. Of course I'm not stopping." He snapped. "And let Amelie take over? Fat chance." He gave Aramis a shove, for good measure. Why couldn't his friend just support him?

Aramis stumbled some when Hugo returned the shove, albiet with more animosity than Aramis had. "Good to know you can add team spirit onto your impressive Quidditch resume," he said with a scowl, hoping Hugo might catch on to how much of an assh*le he was being. "Just because my life doesn't revolve around it doesn't mean I don't care. I just don't want some dumb sport running my entire life. Look where it's gotten you," he added, fluttering a hand in Hugo's direction. Hugo had been in a sour mood for almost two years because of one thing or the other that was happening on the pitch. He needed to learn to let it go once he was off a broom. "Suck it up then. Do better next time," he said, crossing his arms and giving Hugo an unimpressed look.

It was frustrating Hugo that the one person he had expected to be in his corner was just refusing to see things his way. He glared at Aramis, feeling himself get angrier and angrier as he kept on talking. "My life doesn't revolve around it! And it's not a DUMB SPORT!" He yelled. "You're proving my point!" But as Aramis said he should suck it up and do better next time, Hugo snapped. He moved without thinking, surging forward and giving him a hard shove, trying to push him down onto the ground in his anger.

Aramis kept his face neutral as Hugo fussed, partly cause he didn't want to rile him up further and partly cause he knew nothing was more infuriating. He'd been hoping Hugo would get tired and realize he was being a tool, but it seemed he was only getting started, catching Aramis be surprise when he surged forward. Aramis still had his arms crossed, struggling to uncross them as Hugo knocked into him, their legs tangling as Aramis tried to scramble to either stop Hugo from going at him again or break his fall. He mostly succeeded in grabbing ahold of Hugo's shirt front, bringing them both down with a hard thump as Aramis let out a string of muttered curses.

"Are you happy now?" He groaned, his ego and probably his ass bruised as he tried to shove at Hugo in retaliation. Hugo had already succeeded in bringing him down to his level quite literally in this little spat, so Aramis figured he could get some of his own. "What are you so angry about, huh? Are you scared Amelie would have done better?" It was a low blow, but Aramis was getting frustrated. If Hugo was so determined to be mad about this, Aramis might as well give him something to actually be upset about.

It felt satisfying to collide with Aramis and push him to the ground, but Aramis grabbed him and took Hugo down with him. He glared down at him on the ground, breathing hard. The other boy asked if he was happy and Hugo just scoffed in response. He pinned Aramis down, barely budging when the other boy shoved him. But when Aramis asked him what he was angry about and if he was scared Amelie would have done better, Hugo froze for a moment. He shoved Aramis down hard. "Yes! You a**hole" He yelled, closing his eyes for a moment. "I am!" He leaned down, putting his forehead against the ground next to Aramis' face for a moment. He took a deep breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back