Facing the unexpected

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
To tell the truth Veronica was tired of her life. No, she wasn't going to commit suicide, she wasn't brave enough for that but she did consider using the muggle drugs to take away her sorrow but that option was turned down as well because she didn't fancy muggle and muggle products. The first semester had finished and she had got her report card which itself was terrorizing. She had failed in two subjects and got acceptable in the rest except for Potions and Dark Arts where she had got an outstanding. She did fancy the subjects and was happy to get good grades in them but the sadness from the failure and poor grades in the rest of her subjects was making her think much about where her life was headed, a topic she tried to avoid these days. She was following Larissa's path and had aborted her baby and was spending time with other men and had finally succeeded in forgetting Joshua but she had been advised to still continue playing with men and hurting them because they deserved it but tonight she was too sad to do that.

She was sitting in a cheap restaurant cum bar in Bulgaria feeling lonely than ever before. She thought about her friends, all had gone home to spend the holidays with good grades and smiles, everyone had a family and siblings and loved ones except her. She was drinking, trying to drown her sorrows with the alcohol. She held her report card in her right hand, her eyes teary and heavy and her glass in her other hand which was now empty as she had finished her first glass of firewhiskey. She wondered why this bar didn't serve full bottles and with a frown placed an order of another firewhiskey, a club sandwich, french fries and roasted chicken. As she waited for her oder she realized that the reason behind her hunger was that she had not eaten her breakfast or lunch as she had been in her dormitory whole day, crying.

It's been great for Enzo, flirting with four girls the only problem was for him to decide which girl could be her girlfriend. He was strolling around Europe, he didn't want to go home just yet. Entering a bar was the last thing to do on Enzo's mind but still he insisted and started to pull the door. As he walked in he could see some guys older than him drinking beer and scotch on the other side were girls older than him again. They were obviously hookers and Enzo didn't liked that. So he decided to walked out of the bar, drinking wasn't his thing after all. As he was about to leave he noticed a girl sitting alone in the corner of rather somehow crying. He could see the tears falling down from her eyes, she was blonde and a bit shorter than him. He didn't recognized her, for she was staring at a piece of card or something like that.

Enzo walked forward to the girl, he was about 12 inches apart. It was non of his business anyway, then it took him sometime to leave. As he was pulling the door as he walked out of the place, he thought to himself it was wrong for him to leave a girl like that crying inside of a rusty bar. Enzo once again entered the bar and walked straight to the girl, he pulled a chair and sat down. He was then shocked to find out that the girl was Veronica, the last time he and she saw each other was last week inside the school. He saw Veronica crying and staring at her report as she was holding a glass of alcohol. Enzo was indeed speechless, he didn't know what to do at the time like this. Lucky for Enzo he passed all of his subjects and even got a high score on Dark Arts. Enzo grabbed the glass of alcohol from her left hand and placed it in top of the table. Staring at her gloomy face, he held her left hand and smiled at her wanting to comfort her.

Veronica took another sip of her firewhiskey still watching her report card and sighing as if that would change her grades. She felt stupid for acting stupid the whole time of this semester. What was she thinking, that Joshua would marry her or something? He was bisexual to start it all and maybe he wanted to settle with a guy, she hadn't given any of that a thought and fallen in love with him and ruined her life and her grades.The waiter brought her the burger and she took a big bite chewing it and swallowing it before going for another bit. She might be eating like a pig right now which was not like her at all but she didn't care because this was her right now, she wasn't here to impress anyone and she didn't care. Drinking some more and finishing her burger she waited for her fries to be served. It was then that she saw someone put a chair infront of her. She wasn't aiming to get a victim, she was done with all that.

She looked up wondering who was thinking about sitting with her and leaving the other girls in bar that were desperately trying with their make up on, flirty words and revealing clothes. As her eyes met the man whom she then realized he was only a boy. "You're not supposed to be in here, you're underage" she said to him, her voice croaky. She sighed as he took away her glass and smiled at her. "You'll be in trouble if you're caught" she added wondering why did Enzo of all people have to be here. It wasn't like she hated him or anything, no, they were friends or so she thought but she always had some part of her thinking if he still thought about the time when they had flirted and kissed, of course Veronica had been drunk then but still she wondered if the boy really thought that she, who was older than her could be his girlfriend. She hoped not.

Enzo knew there was something wrong with Veronica, this wasn't the first time he saw her like this. It could be her boyfriend dumping her again or maybe some family problems. He could sense that she wasn't in the mood for joking around but still it could lessen her pain somehow. The bar's noise and atmosphere seems to be nothing to Veronica. Enzo also knew he wasn't suppose to be here, it was just for simple curiosity he never thought Veronica would be here. At least his here to carry or rather help her when she would pass out or be drunk again like before. "Mom's probably worried sick" he said to himself as he watched her and listened to her words.

"I know, and you? any reason why you're here? he said to Veronica as he placed the glass at the edge of the table away from her. He could hear the older girls seducing him, still Enzo continued to observe Veronica. It wasn't the perfect place for the two to have a chat inside a public bar like this, and he knew the cops are to busy to waste their time on a kis like him who seems to be harmless at least for boys. Enzo glanced back at his shoulders checking out the time, he knew he was now in big trouble. He should be at home by now enjoying the company of his parents for dinner, too bad his sister can't make it. "Is it my turn to scold you? he said to her in response as he gave Veronica a wide grin.

Veronica watched him, wondering what it was that he wanted from her.Right now she was not in the mood of talking or being nice but somehow she was always nice towards her friends in any situation. She narrowed her eyes at the other girls who were giggling, probably hoping Enzo would leave Veronica and go to them. She chewed her burger waiting a while as she thought about why she was here.Some part of her mind told her it was not necessary to answer him but she still did say "The term's ended so I thought a celebration was to be in place." It was a straight lie, even he would no that but it was also sarcasm. She tried to reach for her glass but he had placed it far, out of her reach. "And well...everyone's going back to their parents and..." she wanted to say that I don't have a decent mother but she refrained from saying that. "So...I decided to come here by myself"

The other annoying girls seemed to have got the message and went off to another corner leaving them alone. He still hadn't told her why he was here, especially when he wasn't allowed to be in such places. She fell irritated for he had taken away her drink and she looked up at him hoping he would give it back. "At least I am legally allowed here" she said pointing at the glass as she indicated she wanted it back. "No..not yet. You must tell me why you're here" she asked him hoping to get the truth out of him. "I hope you weren't here looking for alcohol because clearly you're underage for that" she told him, her voice a little sharp. "And why may you scold me?"she asked him as she finished her burger and swallowed the last bit of it.

There was a mixture of anger and happiness on Enzo's face he wanted to stop Veronica from ruining her life. He also wanted to shake her, to wake her up and stop drinking alcohol for no reason. He didn't wanted for Veronica to be wasted. Although he wanted to laugh at her, for making the same mistakes as always. "Too many questions Ms. Veronica or is it Mrs?" he said to her jokingly. "You know there's something I want to share with you, My mom's gonna be bloody mad for me not being late and most especially for me not attending our family dinner. For the reason that I'm here with a girl who seems to be troubled." he said to her as he laughed hard. Enzo was confused and worried not because of his mom being mad if she knew she was in a bar with a girl but for Veronica. "And now you ask me this so..... many questions, Yeah you're right Firstly I shouldn't be here, second I don't have the right to scold you." Enzo wasn't aware of the things he was saying to Veronica. Things just blurted out of his mouth for no reason.

"And oh don't worry I don't drink alcohol" he stated. Enzo whipped his hair back as he stared at Veronica's face. "You know you could actually come with me, although I'm not sure if I could still get a ride". He didn't have his watch with him so he glanced back and checked the clock hanging on the wall of the bar. It was getting late but he didn't care, there was a force pulling him that made him wanted to stay longer with Veronica. It was a bit surprising that Enzo would speak more words than a girl. Maybe he was just too tired of walking around the city and just wanted to go home and relax that day.

Veronica watched Enzo's young face which had mixed expressions that she couldn't quite place. "Its Ms" she told her with a slight snarl because joking about her being married was the worst joke one could crack at the moment. "Unless you wish to marry me" she added, her voice still serious and her tone sharp. She didn't know whether she was angry with him or was hitting on him, it didn't seem to make sense because her head was clouded with alcohol. She frowned slightly as he said his mom would be angry at him and he was missing a family dinner. "Then you shouldn't be here, I'm well capable of handling myself" she told him as she ordered a mineral water.

She was a little confused on whether she wanted to go with him or not. She didn't know anyone in his family and she was in a bad state, she couldn't go this way.But he didn't have a ride and he was here because of her and that made her feel as if he was her responsibility. Drinking a sip of the water she choked on it, the alcohol interfering with her system and then vomited on the other side of the couch, away from Enzo. She had drunk to much, she would pass out but that would have to wait. Cleaning her mouth with the water and washing her face she put a fresh mint chewingum in her mouth and breathed the cool mint scent, she was feeling better now, the alcohol slowly leaving her senses. "Where is this family dinner you've got to be at? In Italy?"she asked him wondering if she was going to apparate Enzo to Italy.

Enzo heard Veronica say the words "Unless you wish to marry me". He started to pause and ask himself."What if?" It was a bit to crazy for him to think of Veronica as his wife but still Enzo did liked the idea. He then watched her crack. She was obviously drunk and needed some help, "It's quite funny isn't it, I always seem to be there when you're drunk." he said to as he giggled for a while. As Veronica ordered a bottle of water Enzo glanced back at the door only to see some older men entering the bar drunk. It seems as the people here would be drunk and get wasted in every shop. He didn't get the point why Veronica loves to drink alcohol in such a young age.

He watched then Veronica vomiting. "It's just actually in London besides I'm not from Italy at all" he said to her in reply.Enzo knew he wanted Veronica so bad to be he's, too bad she seems to be uninterested with him at all. "Someday I'll find someone" he whispered hoping Veronica didn't heard that. The atmosphere of the bar started to be filled with smoke from the different cigars of the people around them. Some woman where even dancing on chairs trying to give entertainment to the drunken men. He watched them for a while then turned his gaze at Veronica. She was pretty and seemingly unique than the girls Enzo dated.

Veronica ignored Enzo's comment about his presence when she was drunk. She hadn't asked him to be here or stay here but he seemed to find her, maybe he could smell her when she was drunk, it seemed weird but you could never know because they were so many weird things in this world, she never knew what were the boundaries of possibilities. "Funny?"she asked him, still frowning. "I don't like people see me drinking, its a weakness but it over powers me when I am very happy or sad" she said trying to explain him why she drank but she didn't expect him to get it.

Veronica raised her eyebrow, a little confused. "Aren't you Italian?"she asked him in a murmur and then remembered that she was confusing Enzo with Scipio, it was probably the alcohol. Veronica watched the men that were staring at her and ignoring them she took Enzo's hand and led them out of the bar. The cool night air seemed much better than the suffocating bar. "Are my clothes okay?"she asked him hoping that they were because she didn't want to go to Enzo's house being dressed in an improper fashion.

Veronica was now obviously drunk, she had Enzo mistaken as a Italian. Seemingly he was not Italian of course. It was he's uncle and cousins in Italy who were born Italians. Enzo was always mistaken for a Italian when he speaks Italian and Italy. He was a bit surprised that Veronica held his him outside. "Is she bloody mad or what?" he said to himself acting shock. The air was indeed cold yet somehow refreshing, he folded his hands together wondering if Veronica was feeling cold.

Enzo could finally breath normally, unlike the air inside the bar was killing him. Outside was quite there were only a few people passing by, he was a bit worried of the time. As he heard Veronica asking him about her clothes, he suddenly digested the question and wondered if Veronica changed her mind about joining him with his family for dinner. He wasn't sure how to react and most especially how to answer her question back. Enzo ignore he's thoughts and said "You still look gorgeous even when you're drunk" he said to her smiling mischievously.

Veronica smiled, not noticing his mischievous look as he said she was looking gorgeous. She was feeling better but she was still drunk, she just hoped Enzo's family wouldn't notice it because it might get him in trouble if they knew what kind of company he was keeping. "London, you say. Where exactly, city center? out skirts?"she asked him making sure she knew what to picture before they apparated because she had never been to London. She had only seen Bulgaria and New Zealand so she was going to take a wild guess from the movies she watched to get them there.

"How many people are going to be there?"she asked, a little nervous because she didn't have much idea about Enzo's family and if she had she had forgotten it. Right now her grades and sadness was slipping out of her mind because she wanted Enzo to safely reach home and not be in trouble.

OOCOut of Character:
you have people to Rp parents or are we just going to write about it?

To tell you the truth Enzo was a bit shock when he heard Veronica accept his invitation. He wasn't serious, he obviously didn't know what to say in her in response. Enzo tried to play it cool and answered her after a couple of minutes. "It's not to near the city nor too far" he said to her hiding his fear. It was a bit odd that Veronica would join Enzo's family for dinner and the fact that she's drunk makes it more nerve wracking to face he's parents. Still Enzo didn't want to disappoint Veronica so he gave her a slight smile and nodded. "It's only my mom and dad, I think" he said to her in a softly manner as if he was whispering to himself. Enzo didn't surely know how he's parents would react about him bringing a girl with him. Veronica was the first girl to be invited by Enzo.

OOCOut of Character:
Were gonna just write about it.

OOCOut of Character:
cool

Veronica nodded as she heard his reply, she would just try to apparate to the right spot for him, besides she had previously apparated to different places without having seen them before so it wouldn't be hard. She was glad when he said it was just his parents, she wasn't ready to meet anyone else let alone his parents and hear all the horrible things they would have to say to her for keeping him away from home and making him late. She held his hand and closing her eyes counted in a whispher to three before she apparated. The usual apparation feeling came in and then before she knew they were in London and as he had described it, they were in the middle, not in the city centre but not in the outskirts either.

The surrounding was pleasent, mordern english houses with one story, a big front lawn and tarmac road beneath their feet but their were few cars as it was past ten.She looked at him nervously hoping he wouldn't throw up. She had vomitted during her first apparation but if he did that then it would make him a mess. "You alright?"she asked him. "Are you going to throw up?"[/font]

"No, I'm good" he said to her in a calmly manner as he could be. As the two reached Enzo's house in London, he wasn't sure how Veronica would react seeing their home. "Good thing Ashe's isn't home" he murmured to himself as the two of them were walking along the street. It was indeed late, how he hope his parents wouldn't mind a girl being there at this late evening. After minutes of walking in the night with streetlights leading their way the two finally reached there destination. There was a silver plated sign, written on it was. "Cavell's Residence "So here we are, wait for while" he said to her as if he was eating his words. Enzo rang the doorbell and talk to the small box above the doorbell. "Hey Dad, It's Enzo. . ." he said to the box not knowing what to say next. After a minute the gate automatically opened and Enzo looked at Veronica. "Let's go" he said to her as he leaded Veronica the way to the main door. He then knocked three times at the black door, hoping his father would be the one opening the door.

Good thing his father opened the door, Enzo's father Ludwig was a bit surprised to see Veronica. "I'll pretty much explain everything later, Now How about we go all inside now dad" he said to his father as he gave Veronica a sign to enter. The living room was still the same except for the new souvenirs displayed on one corner of the room. Enzo father insisted Veronica and Enzo to sit at the sofa as he sat in front of them. Enzo heard footsteps coming from his mother. "Enzo darling you do know what time is it already?" his mother said trying to hide her anger. "It's after dinner, I know." he said to her in response. Alicia noticed Veronica and was abit surprised as Enzo's father is. "And who is this beautiful girl your with? she asked with a soft voice as she stared at Veronica. "Mom....Dad this is my friend Veronica, Veronica meet my parents" he said to the two as he stretched his arms and placed a pillow at his back.

Veronica smiled as Enzo said he was good, she hadn't expected him to be so calm and casual, normal people weren't after their first side along apparation. The night air was fine, few clouds in the sky she noticed and the surrounding was pleasant as well. She wondered how it was to live in such a place for she only knew her horrible manor of her mother, her school and her poor father's house that seemed like ruins from far. She waited watching the big house that stood in front of them, a little nervous hoping she would behave well and not get Enzo into any more trouble.

She managed one of her best smiles as she watched Enzo's father open the door and Enzo said he would explain. She could only hope that his father wasn't a man with high temper. And then came his mother, very pretty and she seemed to be strict, asking Enzo the time. His handsome father and pretty mother seemed to match each other very well and their living room was very pretty, modern and rich looking. "Such a beautiful house" she whispered to Enzo. She wondered what his parents did, she had never asked or maybe if she had, she had forgotten. The colour in her cheeks rose as Enzo's mother asked who she was and giving her a compliment as well. "Hello sir, ma'am." she said with another smile, her voice polite. "I'm sorry to be here without invitation but I had to bring Enzo here as his ride had left. And I'm sorry for I had been keeping him and made him late" she said apologizing. She hoped his parents wouldn't be mad and kick her out for spoiling their son because he had come to find her in the first place.

Enzo's parents wasn't the scary type or the over possessive type, they were indeed strict but for very reasonable reasons. His mother Alicia then greeted Veronica, giving her a warm welcome smile like always. As for her father he was quiet as always though deep inside he wanted to share his jokes, he controlled himself just for this day. "Veronica is my... schoolmate slash friend" he said to both of his parents who were staring at Veronica. "Oh no worries, thank you for bringing home our son" Alicia said to her as she was holding Ludwig's hand. Enzo wanted to destroy the awkward moment so he suddenly pop out a question for his parents. So Dad and Mom, where's Ashe isn't she coming home for vacation?" he asked them.

"Well she just sent us a letter about yesterday? She just said that she's try to come home. Maybe she'll be here by tomorrow perhaps?" Alicia said to him in answer to his questions. She then stood and went straight to the kitchen to get some food for Enzo and Veronica. "I'll be back in a minute, Darling why don't you interview Veronica for me" he said to her husband. Enzo's father is shy around people but once you get to know him his not that quiet at all. "What year are you in Veronica?" he asked as he crossed his legs then took a glance at Enzo who was staring blankly at the ceiling.

Veronica smiled, trying to shake off her nervousness as she watched Enzo's parents stared down at her. Hadn't Enzo ever introduced any of his friends to his parents before, having seen him be friends and flirt with so many girls Veronica would have thought different but looking from the faces of his parents she thought that was the case. She watched as Enzo en-quired about someone, probably his sister. She took another minute to look at the furnishings which was very nice indeed.

"Is your sister in school as well?"she asked Enzo curiously. Veronica almost gulped as Enzo's mother told her dad to interview her, what did that mean, she was not sure but she could only hope it would be pleasent. As the first question came from his father, who seemed to be not very good in talking to strangers she smiled and replied "I'm in Seventh year, will be graduating in August" She now realized, as the alcohol had mostly gone away from her head that this was very awkward and what his parents must be thinking about her, it made her feel like she wanted the ground beneath her to open up and take her in.

Enzo wasn't sure how to act around Veronica at that time, that he decided to just relax and enjoy the moment. He heard her asking a question about something, her sister to be exact. "Ashe? Yeah, I'm not that sure if you'll like her though" he said to her as he laughed. Enzo was just joking of course. Ashe isn't the the type of sister who likes to play around like a with Enzo. She was pranked and serious and if she wanted to have fun she''' pull out a evil plot on him or something. She wasn't actually that serious when she was much younger, she used to be fun- loving and free spirited. Enzo's seems to be interested in Veronica, the fact that she was a graduating student perhaps. "I see and what do you hope to pursue afterwards?" Ludwig asked her once again as he closed his fist waiting for he wife to arrive.

After the long wait Alicia went to the living room carrying some pastries. There were all kinds of tarts and little finger sanwiches for them. "I hope you don't mind for a little midnight snack" she said to Veronica smiling as she placed the tray above the table. It was accompanied with all kinds of tea all over the world, gift from friends of course.

Veronica waited wondering what further questions Mr.Cavell would have for her. She had never met the parents of any of her friends except for Zac and Sally who were her best friends. She managed a smile as he asked what she wanted to do after graduation, that was the hard one actually, her future dreams. She was the most confused girl in class when it came to carrier choice, she had no idea what she wanted to do. All she knew was she liked Potions, Herbology and Dark Arts but she didn't want to be a Healer. She had considered the thought of running her father's old restaurant and hotel but it was in the mountains, in a muggle neighbor hood so she didn't want to do that either, it was very confusing to say the truth.

"I'm not really sure on that one, Mr.Cavell" she said with a slight sigh. She never had a family, or good parents. Her father was a drunkard who died and her mother was a dark witch who controlled innocent children, she never got good guidance of role model to learn from. "I don't want anything to do with the Ministry, it's to formal for me. I might run a restaurant or maybe play International Qudditch for Vratsa Vultures, you know Bulgarian Qudditch team" she said with a grin. She did love playing Qudditch, seeker was her favorite position.

She smiled, relieved that Enzo's mother was back. She was hungry, hadn't eaten much lunch. "Thanks" she said a little surprised by the choice of items they had, it was as if they had brought it straight out of the shops. "What do you do Mr.Cavell?"she asked curiously. She never knew much about Enzo's family and nor their occupations. She wondered what was the origin of such wealth, heritage or some serious hard work.

Ludwig nodded upon hearing Veronica's response to her question. Although it made him wonder if there was something in between with his son Enzo and Veronica. He didn't knew that his son was a ladies man and most especially a flirt. Enzo didn't wanted to make any expression or anything, so he decided to stare at the paintings for a while. though he wasn't sure if that would work around his father. Just like his son Ludwig wasn't much of a quidditch sports person, he was too busy roaming around the world that he doesn't have much time watching games. Ludwig just smiled at Veronica and nodded twice.

As Alicia served the tray full of pastries and tarts, she decided to seat beside her husband and listen to the discussion of the two. She smiled at Veronica hoping she wasn't scaring her at all. Upon hearing the question Ludwig anwered the lesson as clearly as he can. "Oh Other than being a husband and a father I'm actually a cartographer, I make maps so living. Now I'm based here in London but at times I go around the world for work too" he said to her. Enzo suddenly stood up and said to them "I'll just check Maiden, I'll be back in a minute" He then went upstairs straight to his room.

It was time for Alicia to start the interview. "So tell me Veronica, is there something we need to know about you and our son Enzo?" she said softly after checking if her son had gone upstairs. She was indeed interested with Veronica. Ludwig closed his fist eager to wait for her answer. Both of them were smiling at her.

Veronica was now getting comfortable around Mr and Mrs Cavell, they seemed nice and just two ordinary curious parents. She smiled back at them as she watched Mrs.Cavell gracefully walk back at seat with them on the table. "Maps thats wonderful" she said with a smile because Veronica was very well aware of geography, directions and maps. Although she had only seen two places in her life, Bulgaria and New Zealand she was very much used to help the hikers who came to Rila mountains. She didn't want to be rude by not having anything so she took a pastry and ate it. It was very delicious, she wondered if Mrs.Cavell had made them.

She raised an eyebrow as Enzo left them. Didn't he have any idea how nervous she was feeling and here he was leaving her alone. She swallowed the pastry, a little surprised as Mrs.Cavell asked her if there was something between her and Enzo. "No, Mrs. Cavell" she said immediately putting down the remaining pastry. She didn't want his parents to have the wrong impression. "We're just friends. He found me today and we got talking before he realized he was late and I brought him here" she explained. Did Enzo know this was coming? Is that why he had left her?

Ludwig was indeed delighted to see Veronica's reaction about his work. Some people would that his work was boring, but that wasn't the truth at all. Alicia rolled her eyes at Veronica same as well as before, she was petite yet gorgeous. It was disappointment that she and his son were just friends. "For now I hope, oh dear do you know you're the first girl brought by Enzo here. .You must be special" she said to her smirking. It was fun for Alicia to meet Enzo's friends. Ludwig was left grabbing one fruit tart and started to have a bite on it. He remained silent for the rest of the moment. Just as she was about to ask her a question, Enzo decided to come down stairs along with his pet tarantula Maiden.

He knew Veronica wasn't other like any other girls, most especially the girl whose not scared of spiders. Enzo was holding Maiden with his right hand, it came crawling his body. As he was upstairs Enzo also decided to change clothes, he wore a plain green v-neck shirt and some jeans. It was late but at this time no one seems to be tired. Upon walking down the stairs he stoped for a minute then glanced back at Veronica, he could notice she was feeling a bit tense. So he decided to jump in the living room with his parents. "So Mom How's the interview going?" he said to as he was laughing. Enzo looked at Veronica holding Maiden. " You wanna hold her?" he said to her hoping he didn't scared her or anything.

Veronica did finally smile upon Mrs.Cavell’s words and responded saying “That’s probably because all other girls he meets end up falling for him” It was true in a way because he had known many Durmstrang girls chatting over Enzo in loos and the girls dormitory but why neither of them had made it to his heart was still a mystery to her. Maybe he was looking for that special someone, maybe not. She finished her pastry just as Enzo came down and she was surprised to see that ‘Maiden’ was actually a tarantula.

Not that she was scared, she wasn’t one of those girls in fact she had helped the Potions Master collect spiders from the forest near the school and when it came to animals, Veronica got around them very smoothly. She smiled as she watched his pet spider admiring it. “I never knew you had a pet, why don’t you bring it to school?”She asked Enzo as she put her hand forward to take the tarantula.

Enzo wasn't interested to somehow find out what questions was asked to Veronica a while back. He then took a seat beside Veronica, hoping she wouldn't mind at all. Aware that his parents were there watching him and Veronica together. Raising his eyebrow to his mother with a slight grin. That was signal to her mother, there was something hiding beneath his eyes. Glancing at Veronica, "I don't expect girls or even boys would understand having a tarantula as a pet" he said to her in reply. He placed Maiden at Veronica's hand, it crawled to her somehow pleased. "It wouldn't bite as long as you touch her gently" he added.

Alicia watched her son and stared at Veronica, there was something. As the doorbell once again rang his parents began to smile widely. "Warn her" she said to his husband as she stood up to get the door. Ludwig was by now done with his tart, he then looked at Enzo. The same reaction with his parents he stared at Veronica and said something to her. "Don't expect she'll be nice" he said sarcastically as if he was joking. Obviously it wasn't a joke at all. Ashe was different among little sisters, she was brutal and straight forward she acted older than her age. Alicia opened the door and as just she expected it was her daughter Ashe. Carrying her luggage and straight face presented.

Veronica took Maiden into her hand and smiled at the tarantula. She stroked it gently as it explored her smooth, manicured palm."You haven't known Durmstrang fully if you say that" she said with a laugh as the slight movement Maiden made in her palm was ticklish. "Rumors have it Sunako Watanuki has a raven that eats flesh and it almost attacked a student once"she told him. Durmstrang was a unique place and the students there had unique pets, surely everyone would adjust to that.

Veronica raised an eyebrow as Mrs.Cavell said 'warn her'. She wondered who was at the door which she had gone to open. In the curious moment she stroked Maiden only a little to hard and she slid of her fingers and went on to the table. "I don't think it likes me too much" she said as she stood up and heard Mr.Cavell. A second later she understood that Enzo's sister was going to join them and if Veronica wanted to be in the good books of the family than it was her whom she would have to please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back